News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

come play in this Sundered Land one-off with meikle

Started by meikle, July 22, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meikle

I’m a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I’m on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the Gray Hills, inhabited by monsters who dress in human skins. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom, instead of safely on my way. You’re allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

The rules:
0. I'll tell you who should answer; if I say anyone should answer, then anyone at all should answer.
1. Only answer my questions.
2. If you don’t already know the answer, make something up.
3. Keep your answers short.
4. If your answer’s disruptive, I’ll ignore it.
5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives.
6. If you're gonna participate or just watch, let us know you're here: post no gods watch over you.

I have a long knife under my shirt and a vast and deadly patience.  I've been walking through the Gray Hills for days.  I'm near the remains of what used to be a farmhouse, in an age past when the Gray Hills were still green.  The wood's long since been bleached by the sun, the building's collapsed, but at least it's casting some shade as the sun sets.  I'm gathering wood from the ruin to build a fire for the night.

Something warns me of approaching danger.  What warns me?  Anyone should answer.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I thought about putting this into the Forum Games area, but that place seems like it's a little less serious than I'd like; this isn't exactly roleplaying, and since it's open to anyone at all to participate, it seemed a general thread was the place to go.  There shouldn't be any adult themes so it seemed all right to be in the public area.  If this was the wrong place to end up, sorry!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Beorning

I'll play! No gods watch over you.

You are warned by your well-developed senses. Have you heard something... or was there some strange scent in the air? You don't really know. But what you is that there's something... wrong here. Something... dangerous.

meikle

QuoteYou are warned by your well-developed senses. Have you heard something... or was there some strange scent in the air? You don't really know. But what you is that there's something... wrong here. Something... dangerous.

I stop building my fire pit; I set the log I'm carrying down gently and settle down into a crouch not far from the collapsing farmhouse.  A life of solitude interrupted by bouts of violence has given me a kind of sixth sense about skulking threats, but a feeling is only a feeling, and I can't know what's out there.

I make my way in a crouch to the side of the farmhouse, keeping low, and peek around the corner.  Maybe I won't be making camp here tonight after all.

Do I feel watched?
  Anyone should answer.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Blythe

I'll try this out. No gods watch over you.

Quote from: meikle on July 24, 2014, 07:44:22 PM
Do I feel watched?  Anyone should answer.

You feel watched, but not just by one presence--several. Their intentions are unknown, but a sound of soft restrained breathing tells you that they are trying to prevent you from noticing them.

meikle

QuoteYou feel watched, but not just by one presence--several. Their intentions are unknown, but a sound of soft restrained breathing tells you that they are trying to prevent you from noticing them.

I'm holding steady, crouched beside the ruined farmhouse, unsheathing the knife from its place beneath the thin, worn fabric of my shirt.  I can tell the sounds of staggered breath, but I can't make out the count -- it's making me anxious, though I could wait it out if I weren't so sure they were after me.

From where are these pursuers watching me?  Anyone should answer.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sorry for the delay!

O and O and Discord
A and A

Beorning

You're being watched from behind the opposite corner of the farmhouse. It's dark, though, so it's hard to tell exactly...