D&D 3.5: Dungeon of the Demented Dungeon Mistress

Started by Natalie C. Barney, May 05, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Are you okay whit that my Heavy Steel Shield is treated to be +1 shield both as giving +1 to AC as normal enchanted shield and also treated as +1 weapon when I perform shield slam whit it? In total the shield would 3,000gp (1,000gp for armor boost and 2,000gp for weapon based enchant which must be placed differently onto shield). If it is not okay I take the +1 enchant onto my bastard sword.

Natalie C. Barney

Well if you want a magic Mercurial Blade +1 you can still have it and it will get two added powers but that's up to me later on for those.  ;D

For a shield it would be +1 to either its DB or as a Weapon. Then add two powers later on of the GM's choice.  ;D

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zaer Darkwail

Oh! Great! I change my sheet again to include the Mercurial Longsword :D. I think it is nice boost to everyone to able pick single magic item (can evolve background story around it if person likes). My swords story is that traditionally kings of the kingdom where Merendiel (my char's dead wife) comed from traditionally were traiend in use of massive greatsword or massive sized one handed sword (it is regarding to some old folk lore how kingdom was founded by man whit big heavy sword and then defended by man whit big and heavy one handed sword).

Natalie C. Barney

Now to break out a dozen rust monsters in the first dungeon room- just kidding.  ;D
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

Am still working on a cleric here.. trying to think up a background for her. It's forming itself slowly. :/ Will be done soon. :)

Natalie C. Barney

I suggest having various healers symbols and runes on her clothes- it is some defense some monsters and humans in my games some won't kill healers they are too useful especially if attached to the Gray Temple as in N or LN (they being unaligned are often not killed on sight by even members of the Black Temple). There are other benefits to having a White Temple Cleric though ike getting along well with good monsters and the like.

For DOMAINS choose any you like including new ones from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Pick carefully.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

May I take an Amulet of Natural Armour +1 and have that double as a holy symbol as well as the magical item? :) I'll pay extra for the symbol but it's supposed to be etched with the symbol of her temple.

Backstory is up, though it's not too good; character desc as well, but not yet character detail.
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13345 (Mellina Syn'avari, female NG half-elven cleric of the Grey Temples)

Also, what kind of domains are in the forgotten realms campaign setting? I'm not sure what the new ones are.. the FRCS I have is like 3 years old. :P

Natalie C. Barney

Well one good one is renewal if you drop below 0 hit points you heal damage once per day and offers some healing and some other spells like Charm Person.

Another I suggest is Healing naturally.

Sure the Amulet can be a holy symbol. No extra charge.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

This one? http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_Renewaldomain&alpha=

Okie dokie, I will take Renewal if so, plus.. mm, not sure healing is the right second domain. I was actually thinking of taking Good, or Protection, but.. still wishy-washy with this one.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Healing Doain is bit clueless to have because you are good cleric and so you can spontaneously heal us anyway. Only difference is that you cast spells in healing school by +1. If you revere a Sun elf god, then Sun domain would be good domain, it gives access to nice fire spells and also you are able destroy undead very effectively if we face such. But Protection domain is very good also ;). Also your fascination to magic could reason for having Magic domain. Anycase would our DM Mistress allow my char take levels as Knight Protector? A PrC introduced in Complete Warrior and in Swod&Fist there are some info (but I think Complete Warrior is updated one).

Natalie C. Barney

She is neutral and it takes an extra round to convert the spell long enough for you to die from shock or bleeding out so I always recommend taking a few healing spells so they can be used quickly.

Game link pist in the Town of Maze you each get 50 gp in credit at the town merchants and recreation areas. Kind of a slip you had and they mark it off what they took off.

You are on the same ship so at least know each other and likely decided to talk about joining forces. You can enter the upper dungeon the Maze when you are ready to go.

elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=223.0
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, I asumed that Good clerics can spontaneously convert any spell what they know whit full round action (not taking two rounds). But you cna also NORMALY memorize healing spells so you cna take one as emergency but I recomend domains whcih give access to spells what are not normaly in cleric spell list and give significant domain special ability. Magic domain would allow our cleric use arcane based scrolls and wands like she is half of her level as cleric a level in arcane spellcaster ;). Plus Spel Turning is handy trick and so is Identify spell.

Purple

I usually go for the Magic domain as well when I play a cleric for the same reasons as stated by Zaer.  Just my worthless two cents.  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Zaer Darkwail

Well, besides miss-spell errors I also recomend the Sun domain for char background reasons. But Magic and Renewal is god and Renewal can be life safer in dungeon and also Renewal gives wide access to many curing spells (not healing much). Anycase I toughted that my char could enter knight protector around 9lvl (the PrC haves +8 BAB demand) becuase he belongs to the order already (and so tutorlaged from young age) and it is only during that time he 'learns' do the tricks of the order.

Muse

Would you allow Spectacles of Intilect +2?  I suppose that's a bit much. 

Then there's my favorite combo, ring of Sustenence and Warmth, whichi is also 4,000.  ::sigheS:: 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

Well pick a Ring of Warmth and who knows all items will add two powers after The Maze and you enter the Black Door (and can't get out of the dungeon).

And where is a character going to learn PrC I would likely only allow the Racial Paragons because those seem not to require training.

Converting the spell does take one round its cast at the start of the second before anything else but remember you may be in a combat situation it may not be prudent to do that. And the Cleric will be vulnerable its usually wise to at least take a few 0 level Cure Minor Wounds to stop bleeding and shock but a wand could do that cheaply.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

I'll make my own domain!

Just kidding. I think I might take Sun even though my sheet currently says Healing (I won't be able to change that till I get home), though.. still waiting on DM to disapprove on a background thing, but I'll be in and up to speed soon. :)

You all are making life hard for Nat! :)

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 12:48:32 PM
You all are making life hard for Nat! :)

I'm a good girl, I am.   ;)

Seriously, I hope I haven't done anything wrong...please tell me if I have.

Natalie C. Barney

i could send you into the Red Dragon Gaunlet you all don't mind fighting an old red dragon in single combat at 1st level do you?  :D

Your background is fine doesn't matter that much its not much more than a massive multi-level dungeon crawl with lost cities, magic doorways to pocket dimensions and horror you can only imagine.

Even meet a twisted gnome necromancer- gnome technology and the dead- mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

(just kidding about the Red Dragon for now-  ;))

Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

Yeah, I just wanted to be a twink and keep the purple hair. *evil grin*
And I don't mind an old dragon as long as he's like, walking sticks and all, you know.
Good to milk a senile dragon who thinks he's a hobgoblin or something, for xp. :)

But I like the premise of this maze, mmmmm.

And ooh hey, spoilers! *takes notes*

Edit: Purple: I meant Muse and Zaer and their trying to get toys. :)

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 01:15:55 PM
Edit: Purple: I meant Muse and Zaer and their trying to get toys. :)

Good, thanks!  :)   Hmmmm...I like toys, I didn't think of that...  ;)

And if you purple hair...can I have a purple sword!?  :)  hehe   just kidding

Ellyssa

Nah, we don't need toys, we just use theirs. :) And oops! to the hair.. umm.. it's amethyst.. you can have an amethyst sword? :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on May 11, 2006, 12:25:18 PM
And where is a character going to learn PrC I would likely only allow the Racial Paragons because those seem not to require training.

Well, according what I read about Knight Protector organization, it is not anysort of organization first of all. It is more of cluster of inviduals who 'long the old days of honor and chivalry' and all follow the Code of Conduct of Knight Protector (which is near identical to Knight's code but it is formed in form of poem). There is no trials of tests, nor admissions nor any mentor relationships, merethat someone declares that he is Knight Proctector and taking the code of conduct behavior is enough to qualify for the PrC.

Also most all Knight Protectors believe to be last remaining members of dying ancient knight order but no one recalls exactly what the order was, but anycase alingment restriction is LG or LN. So many paladins and ex-paladins take path of Knight Proctector.

So I add that my char was raised by the order, or really one member of Knight Proctectors and he had always idealized them and their code but he feels yet unworthy and non-tested yet to declare himself as Knight Proctector (he lacks +8 BAB, Mounted Combat, Cleave and Greater Cleave feats to qualify).

So it could be said my char can be even now be Knight Proctector by name but if he wants to become one, he should follow the codes of chilvary and honor MORE carefully than ordinary knight.