On Tour (band needed)

Started by Rollard, October 22, 2010, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollard

I've been wanting to do a group RP about a touring rock band, the lifestyle they lead on and off stage, and how their relationships change over the tour. Here are the parts we would need:

Lead Singer
Lead Guitarist (me)
Drummer
Bassist

Optional Parts:
Second Guitarist
Rhythm Guitarist
Backup Singer
Keyboardist

Other Characters:
Band Manager
Road Crew
Public Relations Firm
Devoted Fans/Groupies
Opening Acts/Guest Stars/Rival Bands

Also, 4 days from the time of this post, Rock Band 3 will be released. If we can assemble a full band (Singer, Guitarist, Drummer, Bassist, Keyboardist) and adequately detailed physical descriptions for each member are provided, I will take a picture of the band via the Rock Band website and share it with all.

kingOFcalifornication

yuna0417

Le Immortelle

Definitely interested in singer spot!

Venom09

whatever singer part Amazon doesn't get ill take! ;D

otherwise i could be a opening act or something... ;D

lovelygirl

Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

Rollard

Well, it looks like we have the requisite people...how about you create your characters? Something befitting of a rock band. Try this template:

Name:
Appearance: (Describe age, height, weight, build, fashion, etc. or provide a reference picture)
Background: (How did your character get into the music industry?)
Inspirations: (What real-life artists inspired your character's musical style?)

And there might be more that I'm missing.

Now then, what shall our band be called? What sort of rock & roll will they be playing? Where will they be touring? Perhaps this will become more clear as the band members are developed.

kingOFcalifornication

As for names, maybe something odd like
As for style, no idea. Anything works I suppose. But I feel like an alternative rock-ish sort of band allows for a more diverse set of characters.
Touring could be anywhere. Japan? Europe?

Name: Jack Reed.
Appearance: 24 years of age. An even six feet tall and weighting a relatively average 169 lbs. Fairly thin build, though well-toned. Known to dress very casually, typically in a pair of well-worn jeans and a plaid button-up shirt. A head of medium length red hair, as well as a slightly sloppy goatee.
Background: Jack grew up deep within the urban sprawl of Atlanta, Georgia where the music scene was vast and diverse. His father was stationed overseas in the military while his mother worked as a nurse at the local hospital. The boy spent the majority of his childhood occupying himself with video games and his then scarce interest in music. By the beginning of his middle school years, he developed an interest in music, adapting quickly to learn. During high school, Jack had already become quite knowledgeable concerning music theory and had branched into multiple instruments. It was then that he began his first bands, most of them serving only as a brief creative outlet to channel his countless thoughts and feelings. Only after graduating did he find the possibility of a successful band.
Inspirations: With an array of scenes within his hometown, Jack was introduced to much in the way of music. His early years were primarily filled with the experimental sounds of the Beatles, guitar-driven music of Led Zeppelin, and the gritty rock of the underground scenes. The boy's tastes reached outwards to include the pioneering inventor of grunge, Nirvana, as well as many other bands in similar company such as Dinosaur Jr. In his high school years, Jack discovered the realm of independent rock and quickly grew to love everything from Neutral Milk Hotel to Modest Mouse, Townes Van Zandt to The Avett Brothers, and well-respected titles like the Pixies and Sonic Youth. To say the least, Jack maintains a wealth of musical tastes, all of which he infuses uniquely into his bass tracks.

Insight

Hey, I'm a music major and I play all of those instruments. I'd love to be a guitarist, singer, keyboardist or (if we shall be so daring) a saxophone player.

Let me know how I can help.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Venom09

Name: Talen Jameson
Appearance: age 25

Background: Ever since she was younger friends told Talen her voice was amazing, but she never really thought it was that good until one day after hanging out with a friend and listening to the radio to some of her favorite alternative bands such as nickleback and such even some of the harder bands she heard of a contest for people just out there to sing for fun. Deciding you know what the heck i'll try it Talen signed up and happily has never looked back.
Inspirations: Just a few of her favorite bands such as Nickleback and Birthday Massacre then of course her friends who always are there for her and support her.

Angel Fire

Since my first love in the bass is taken, I would love to be in as the rhythm or second guitarist and maybe a backup singer if needed.

Stage name: Tiffani Oriani
Appearance:
Background: Mallory had always had a love for music and with her family having a lot of musical talent, that had flowed down to her in many ways.  Her family was very musically oriented and they had encouraged her to explore all of the musical avenues that were available to her but of course, there were some speed bumps along the way.  In her teenage years, there was a lot of confusion going through her mind.  She was not sure if she would follow her parent's footsteps but after some really helpful advice, she was able to start out a month later with a small garage band and a lot of helpful friends.  The band had played a lot of local shows for about a year but when an insider in the music industry had suggested that she should concentrate on one instrument, that was when that Mal started to get her focus.  It had taken a long time and many trips from coast to coast with her fledgling band but when she was finally noticed by the head of a recording company, he had suggested that Mal should try out for the new project that would be up and coming.  With the unknown coming into Mal's life, she had hoped that she could find someone to help her through the crazy life that is the life on the road.

Inspirations: Mal's inspiration comes from a lot of musical styles.  She is fond of the hard and heavy musical style of old school thrash metal (Ala Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth et al)) but she also likes the progressive styles of Rush, Pink Floyd and Dream Theater.  Mal is very diverse in her style and though she does not like to lead, she will be happy to contribute in any new ideas that may come to mind. 

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Le Immortelle

If I may make a suggestion, why not draft a more detailed character sheet so that it would be easier? Maybe add their on's and off's. Strengths and weaknesses etc.?

I've added some details of my own quickly, I hope you don't mind.

Name: Liz Chase
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 140 lbs
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R5WS6_kmmTI/S1C2mSTPzHI/AAAAAAAAlho/325OLWHGdao/s1600-h/kstr.jpg

Background: Ever since childhood Liz knew she was destined for something big. Her love for music and singing in particular developed on since an early age as her older brother was a guitarist himself. She formed her first band at the age of 16 with her brother, Ricky named The Fresh Juice. They played local gigs for next couple of years and built a rabid following through their intense live performances and their electrifying frontwoman. The band broke up when Ricky chose to leave in order to search for something bigger and to give his progressive rock leanings more freedom, whilst Liz was always more into alternative styles of music with shoegaze and grunge being her favorites. She joined few bands afterwards but didn't click with most of them that is, until she formed the current band. (Leaving it a bit vague since we haven't settled on name etc.)

Largely self taught, and learned by merely observing her favorite artists before eventually developing her own style of singing. She's an extremely charismatic woman, a trait which as a frontwoman of any band she's fronting attracts lot of attention.

Inspirations: The Verve, Soundgarden, Black Box Recorder, Led Zeppelin, Veruca Salt, Lush, Garbage, Curve, Kyuss. Her typical singing style is a mixture of female version of Richard Ashcroft and Sarah Nixey.

Rollard

Might as well post mine...

Name: Randy Cox

Appearance: Randy is somewhere around 5'10", 150 lbs., and in his early twenties. He has long golden hair and a soft facial structure with hazel eyes. He is usually seen wearing leather jackets and pants, and on stage he makes it even moreso, wearing leather and cuffs adorned with spikes. On the stage he usually plays his "Flying-V" guitar.

Background: Fresh out of college having taken music theory courses, Randy and a few of his classmates were quick to form a heavy metal band called the Chainbreakers, who signed up with Silver Hammer Records to record their debut album "Heavy Metal Hero", which spawned the hit single of the same name. After the album was released, however, the band soon broke up under undisclosed circumstances, and Randy was left searching to start a new band. He eventually joined up with Jack Reed, Talen Jameson, Mallory Shanley,
and Liz Chase to form a new band, and go on tour to promote their debut album.

Influences: Randy was always a fan of rock and metal from the 80s, taking after bands like Judas Priest, Ratt, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Poison, Def Leppard, and ZZ Top. He started playing simple rock rhythms and progressed on to a traditional heavy metal sound in the vein of Maiden, Priest, and Ozzy. He prefers his music with catchy guitar riffs, driving beats, and blazing solos.

kingOFcalifornication

Welp, now that we've gotten all the character profiles, WHAT NOW?!

lovelygirl

Is there a band name yet? I've been waiting to post my groupie profile since most of her profile is based on the band and the music they play.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

yuna0417

Name:Hisako Irie
Appearance:

Background: Music was her life, like any good girl she was put into music classes early.  Piano, Violin, other instruments, singing and vocal classes as well, when junior high came around she was put into a music program to foster talent, and that continued on through high school and college.  Earning a Bachelors of arts in Music, she went on to work with a label, composing and writing music until she joined the other members of the band as their drummer.
Inspirations: Taiko drummers, Ozzy, Zombie, and the classical composers, Metallica's S&M album is a favorite.

Rollard

We do need a name for our band. Does anyone have suggestions?

Here's mine: Neon Knights, after the Black Sabbath song.

Le Immortelle

Here's some -

Cosmic Travellers
The Vultures
The Day Fuckers
Holographic Universe
All Tomorrow's Parties
Snuff

kingOFcalifornication

Here's a bunch of random names to throw into the list of possible band names.

The Sinister Kids
Frances Farmer's Revenge
Pony Diggers
Maxwell and the Silver Hammers
Two Headed Boys
Moon Man's Montreux
Rubber Revolver
Satanic Majesty
Major Tom

Angel Fire

Since the majority of the band is female, maybe we can go with either Eve Rises or Eve Awakens?

Just a couple of more names to throw out there.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Rollard

I was about to suggest Valkyrie, but according to Wikipedia it's already been taken. So how about "Wagner and the Flying Valkyries"? It embodies the feminine majority of the band rather well.

Le Immortelle

Lol it so totally sounds like a power metal band!

What kind of music the band would be playing anyways?

Edit: Btw if we are gonna go with the word Valkyrie in the name, then Valkyrie Rising would be a fantastic name in my opinion. Assuming of course, there's no other band by that name...at least I can't seem to recall one.

Angel Fire

The only band that I had found that was named "Valkyrie Rising" was from an unsigned band so I say that it is free game.  Love the name and the feeling it gives out!  Sweet suggestion Amazon! *Hugs*

Venom09

I agree i like Valkyrie Rising! i really do! hehe

Rollard

Well, I don't have any problems with Valkyrie Rising.

So what was your idea for a fan or groupie, lovelygirl11?