Xuel's RP Ideas.

Started by Xuel, February 24, 2011, 05:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuel

Hey all, I'm Xuel, and I've been lurking here for about a month. Maybe it's time to post. :D

Anyway, I used to RP a lot growing up, but I wasn't aware it was even around anymore in a forum based form after the Rhy'din heyday. So, I haven't played in quite some time. That said, I consider myself a good writer with an above average vocabulary and passable grammer. I also believe I'm capable of creating fun, detailed characters and environments that will hopefully create vivid, lasting impressions in your mind. Or at least I hope that I can provide you entertainment.

I try to post moderately descriptively and will generally post-match my partner to an extent. If you give me one or two paragraphs, that's what you'll get back. Write me a novel, get a short story.

I'm a heterosexual male, and I feel most comfortable playing as one, though an exception might be made if you could create a compelling reason for me to play a bi-curious or homosexual male or a female role. I have a few rough ideas that I think might be fun to play out, though absolutely nothing is set in stone at this point.

I will add and remove these as whim strikes. Feel free to drop me a message if anything strikes your fancy.

Most of these are very rough ideas. This is intentional. I'm trying to give everyone a feel of the things that interest me, but I do not want to feed you a plot for you to just stick some cutout character into. I want to work with someone to create an interesting, living world, then go out and change it.

Post Apocalyptic Survival - Basically, something has sent the world (or just a portion of it) into ruins. Be it a super weapon, disease, or even a mutation (read: zombies,) something has causes society and government as we know it to come to a halt. Those in the affected area band together in the most heavily fortified areas, keeping the healthy in and the sick out. Everyone is scared, and from their terror breeds violence.

This plot would likely be about surviving and our two characters being forced to rely on each other to live. Food, weapons and supplies are scarce, and there is danger behind every turn. No one could possibly make it out on their own.

Ammunition has replaced currency and the leader is the man (or woman) with the most deadly weapon. There could be a possibility for a very political tale, where our characters try to band together the healthy and recreate (or reimagine) society. Or it could just be a zombie slasher. It's not well developed yet, just something I've had in my head recently. Throw in a love interest, some backstabbing and cut throat-ary, and we've at least got something to keep us entertained for a few weeks (or more!)

Super hero(ine) - one (or both) characters gains (or discovers) super powers, and must learn to cope with being a little different than the rest of society. Characters could be friends, rivals, or downright enemies. Perhaps after gaining their powers some dire threat causes them to put aside their differences long enough to band together...

High Fantasy - Think elves and dragons and dwarves and ogres.

Modern - Think teens/young adults. I'd be more interested in playing out something more casual than professional here. What I mean is, I'd rather play a character who is a 'working man' or student type, as opposed to some corporate suit. Once again, with a good enough hook, I could be persuaded to change my mind.

This list is by no means all-inclusive. If you have an idea, feel free to propose it. I'll do my very best to get back to each and every person who PMs me, weather I'm interested or not, to have you informed in a timely manner.

edit: Affected, not effected.

Venom09

I really like your post apocalyptic one or else possibly the super hero one, but the apocalyptic one intrigues me more just let me know :D