The Na'aruse Tyranny (Pathfinder, looking for up to 6 players)

Started by Angie, March 17, 2017, 02:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathyan

Ok I've thinking a character from Na'aruse, coming around with an idea that she was infiltrated in Saniki since before as to get information for the attack but in her long time there she fell in love and had a romance, she wanted to protect her lover but he was killed nonetheless, so she defected and seeks revenge now, how does that sound?

Still thinking about race and class, also you didn't answered my first questions :P not that it matters much though

Marie Reynolds

Maybe others from the clan have come in and spent good money. Maybe your piqued her curiosity and when she heard the stories of your antics they amused her and she liked having your character and crew as company when you came into town.

@Kathyan Could I pm you about some character Ties?

Angie

Quote from: Kathyan on March 18, 2017, 11:35:56 AM
Ok I've thinking a character from Na'aruse, coming around with an idea that she was infiltrated in Saniki since before as to get information for the attack but in her long time there she fell in love and had a romance, she wanted to protect her lover but he was killed nonetheless, so she defected and seeks revenge now, how does that sound?

Still thinking about race and class, also you didn't answered my first questions :P not that it matters much though

Right, i didn't. I'm currently thinking Light: Exotic. Players can get sexy and smutty, but that's not the focus. I may upgrade it to bondage if we get an overwhelming amount of people in leather armor, but that's for later. I don't plan on doing anything non-con because it squicks me out, and anything more extreme then that, well, take it to private threads or PMs.

So, for now, Light, bordering on bondage.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so...would it be possible for the Dugura to be settled on a swathe of land that runs past Saniki and Kythia, so they exist at least partly in that "Buffer zone" between Saniki and Gradia (so sometimes they're by the Kythian border, other times they settle near Saniki); hence why the Dugura were approached by Na'aruse. The Horsemen are close enough to Saniki to be a problem, and friendly enough with Gradia that they could join in on Gradia's side if Gradia managed to get troops over there, or be used by Gradia as a kind of harrying force if they could get word to them quickly enough. I imagine that Saniki and Dagura would have a decent enough relationship; The Dagura keep the surrounding area clear of bandits and monsters, partly for their own protection, and the Nomads provide decent business to the Saniki when they pass by, so the Dagura were gearing up to help Saniki in preparation for Gradian intervention when Na'aruse got to them? Would that be acceptable?

And why would Gradia think of the Dagura as a headache! They behave (mostly)! XD

And yhup yhup, I will be editing my Goal and Background now. :-)

@Marie:

That sounds interesting. Though their mischief is unlikely to have left the Dagura, I imagine that if the above is approved, Saniki has a decent relationship with the Dagura so they may well have come in and spent good money before, hence their good treatment. :-) So maybe they came by beforehand - maybe a few years previously - and wandered into the restaurant, and hit it off with your character to the point where they made it a habit to swing by for a meal or two whenever they were in the area, which ended up with them basically being in the VIP sometimes? And of course, the two lads were more than happy to enjoy watching her dance, and were very encouraging about it. XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Angie

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 18, 2017, 11:46:09 AM
Ok, so...would it be possible for the Dugura to be settled on a swathe of land that runs past Saniki and Kythia, so they exist at least partly in that "Buffer zone" between Saniki and Gradia (so sometimes they're by the Kythian border, other times they settle near Saniki); hence why the Dugura were approached by Na'aruse.

Yes.

Vergil Tanner

Awesome sauce. My Goal and Background has been edited to reflect those changes. :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kathyan

Ok Light and bondage sounds good to me^^ I'll keep checking race/class options till I decide on one and if this ends being as lethal as you said, I'll keep unchosen options for future characters :P

I assume my concept idea is ok so I'll go with that, any hint of how many months or years could she have spent infiltrated in Saniki, I think she should still have some acquaintances and even some friends around, those who weren't killed in the invasion

@Marie

Sure, go ahead ;)

Marie Reynolds

@Vergil Who said she did not coax a story out of the trio with Alcohol and a beautiful women coaxing a intriguing story out of her guests.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, this is true! A beautiful woman with alcohol would certainly get the lads talking, though Toq is more the boastful type than Tem. XD
Lessee...Temudai is the more friendly of the group, the more flirtatious and the more boisterous in terms of his actual personality. He's a hard partier, always ready with a smile and a wink and a compliment. At that point, at least, he would have been very carefree (but a little hotheaded and prone to doing things on impulse), but also very intense when talking about things that interested him. Toq is the "Big Guy," the kind of Conan build of a barbarian (which, incidentally, would probably be his Class), and pretty clever all things considered...but he's also the most boastful, and has one HELL of a temper on him. Altina is more subdued and calm, but no less mischievous and playful. She just does it in a more subtle way than the boys...and she has certain tricks she can employ that they can't, being a beautiful woman in her own right.

I wonder how your character would have gotten along with them? I mean, they were a pretty volatile trio of boisterous, loud enthusiastic fun. :P

Marie Reynolds

Vergil I think she would get along just fine, she would love the change of pace of Cliente. Clients that became friends that she could be a bit more direct with and engage in simple fun and pleasures she would enjoy. You would probably be on of her favorite groups because it was so relaxing to play host to your group.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, I can imagine! They're a bit less tightly wound than your normal "VIP's who want to watch a beautiful woman dance for their amusement." To be fair, if she danced for them, Toq might have to be talked down from returning the favour >.>

Of course, at the start of the game, they've been separated. So poor Temudai has no idea if his friends are even still alive :c

Marie Reynolds

Yep, After she got comfortable with the crew she Probably pull Toq up on stage with her to guide him through a few dances. Yeah but would be a strong motivation to reconnect and work with you cause she would want to see them safe and sound and help return smiles to their faces.

Vergil Tanner

Sounds good! I wonder, though, what would she think of Tem? Him being the character I'm playing and all :-) :P

Kathyan

They all look like a nice trio, and so Marie you playing a bard, I've been considering fighter, witch and mesmerist so far but still looking at other options

Marie Reynolds

Yep Well not solely a bard she would have a level of Alchemist as well.

@ VergilShe would get along fine  with Tem and value his friendship just as equally as the others. especially with some one that was the friendly one of the group.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest on this and I have some concepts in mind....however I am drawn to NPC which Vergil had created; Toqto'agie (a Conan styled barbarian). Of course if he allows a player pick him up :)

AndyZ

Wow, this is filling fast.  How many people do you have so far, and if less than five, which classes?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angie

Zaer Darkwail

Angie: Is unchained barbarian okay to you? Asking in advance if Vergil okay if I play one his background chars. Also couple pic ideas for appearance for Toqto'agie. However as mentioned I got other ideas but checking the barbarian concept out first.

Rhynarion

I have my sheet mostly finished, just need to purchase gear.

Though, I am running into a bit of a snag: I picked a Kursarigama for flavor (2x Wakizashi is straight superior in every way), as I have wanted to use one ever since seeing Ninja Assassin.

So, my issue is the fact that for some resson Kusarigama had a stackload of situational features but doesn't have Finesse; meaning that my main hand attacks would use Str and Offhand Dex.

Could we cut some of the features (drop Monk and Grapple) to add Finesse?

Alternatively, could I trade proficiency in Kusarigama for Double-Chained Kama? It is treated as a pair of Kama, so it doesn't run into this problem.

I don't really have the room to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency, at least not as a Vishkanya, and I would feel bad doing so for a sub-par weapon without any in-class bonus feats.

If both of these are unreasonable, then I can just use the Wakizashis.

Angie

Rules suck, don't they?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 18, 2017, 03:31:45 PM
Angie: Is unchained barbarian okay to you? Asking in advance if Vergil okay if I play one his background chars. Also couple pic ideas for appearance for Toqto'agie. However as mentioned I got other ideas but checking the barbarian concept out first.

After some reading, Unchained Barbarian does not seem to have any statistical advantage over Core Barbarian, in fact, the consensus is that they are worse in terms of raw stats but superior in flexibility. I will express a small reservation about playing a BARBARIAN in a POLITICAL, SUBTERFUGE HEAVY game, but I will not deny you the chance to make a character.

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 18, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
I have my sheet mostly finished, just need to purchase gear.

Though, I am running into a bit of a snag: I picked a Kursarigama for flavor (2x Wakizashi is straight superior in every way), as I have wanted to use one ever since seeing Ninja Assassin.

So, my issue is the fact that for some resson Kusarigama had a stackload of situational features but doesn't have Finesse; meaning that my main hand attacks would use Str and Offhand Dex.

Could we cut some of the features (drop Monk and Grapple) to add Finesse?

Alternatively, could I trade proficiency in Kusarigama for Double-Chained Kama? It is treated as a pair of Kama, so it doesn't run into this problem.

I don't really have the room to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency, at least not as a Vishkanya, and I would feel bad doing so for a sub-par weapon without any in-class bonus feats.

If both of these are unreasonable, then I can just use the Wakizashis.

I am afraid that, considering what a Kusarigama is, finesse just wouldn't apply. I'm also a bit hesitant to play with weapon rules to begin with.

I'm not sure what you mean by trading proficiency in Kusarigama for double-chained Kama, unless the Vishkanya get some exotic weapons I'm not familiar with.

I'm afraid we'll be playing with weapon rules as written and not be modifying anything.

Zaer Darkwail

Hey, Conan was warrior and lover but also a great thief! He snuck into places to steal stuff! So he was subtle barbarian :D

Marie Reynolds

For Crafting Tea would Artisan Tools be the appropriate thing to take to do that craft?

Angie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 18, 2017, 06:37:30 PM
For Crafting Tea would Artisan Tools be the appropriate thing to take to do that craft?

Uhhh...what? Tea doesn't really require crafting, all the work is in the growing and processing...what do you mean by this sentence?