Flower Wants Historical Fiction: Closed (M/F Ideas)

Started by Flower, December 20, 2011, 12:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

After much contemplation, I have given in to my desire to write a historical fiction centered during the era and reign of the Tudor family. Yes, I know lots of people are fascinated by this particular royal family due to the television show on cable television, but my interest derives mostly from reading books set during the period and personal research. I do admit to watching the series with wide eyed fascination even if it wasn’t historical accurate with certain things. Also, I had an avid Shakespeare professor that further instilled my love for the various events from the rule of Henry VII to the ascension and reign of Elizabeth I.

Things To Know:

-This is my first historical fiction so please bear with me as we sort through various intricacies of the society and culture. I’ve done my own private research for culture and fashion during the period. Please try to stick to the setting, I don’t expect for my partner to be an expert, but there are certain words that most definitely won’t be used during the era. For example, dude is not the proper word of choice.

-I post at least once a day for a story. The most time I usually wait for posting is two days though there are times when there are greater times due to lack of a creative muse or personal troubles. With that said, I would like for my partner to be able to post once every two to three days. Granted, I understand if things happen that might stop this type of posting.

-I don't care about your real life gender, but these plots are for male and female characters.

-Communication outside of the story is fine with me since it allows us to plot together throughout the longevity of the story. Also if you don't necessarily agree with a certain action in a post of mine, this allows for easy conversation so that it can be edited after discussion. Another key aspect of communication for me is letting me know if suddenly the inspiration has died for the story. I might become saddened, but I rather receive a message than being left to wonder.

-Detailed posts are lovely. I do understand that every post can’t be long in length, but I don’t work well with one sentence replies. I need enough information to build and push the story forward in plot. Please, tell me what your character is thinking at the moment and how they feel about what just happened in front of them. 

-I don't mind playing multiple roles in a story to give it greater complexity. Also, the roles I wish to play in the plots listed are italicized. I will only take on two to three new stories to add to my current stories. This is not a first come, first served.

-Most importantly, have fun. :)

Original Characters

Plot One: Welcome to England
Characters: Teresa de Estrada/ English nobleman
Teresa de Estrada arrived with her mistress, Catalina (Katherine) de Aragón, at the shores of England with great expectation in her heart. A new land full of people that seemed strange in their customs and even rituals. It is here that she helps her lady prepare for the union with Arthur, the young English prince. Teresa adjusts to English life after a few weeks, only to have her life turned upside down when the young prince dies. It is then that she is forced to help Katherine keep the rest of the Spanish household fed while Henry VII and Ferdinand dispute over marriage. This is when she meets a young man who promises her riches and security for a price.

Plot Two: Better Mistress than Wife
Characters: Diana/King
How does it feel to be Mistress to a King? Diana knows this is what some of the young ladies of court whisper behind her back. The amount of jewels and property bestowed on her by the king has elevated her family above her peers. Yet keeping the king pleased is a dangerous game that will result in death if he’s displeased. Her father forced her to become his Mistress despite her mother’s protest due to beliefs of being a man's mistress as sinful and a filthy dead. Her mother's voice is unheard as Diana is forced deeper and deeper into court life.

Plot Three: Treacherous Bitch
Characters: Wife/King
The King no longer loves her due to growing affections for one of his mistresses. To make matters worse, his wife has only bore a female child, and each pregnancy afterward has resulted in miscarriages or stillbirths. Tensions between them rise due to the way he begins to treat the mistress directly in front of the wife's eyes.

If you have your own idea for original characters, please don't be afraid to send your idea to me. :)

Canon Characters

I know some people might be leery of playing the actual person from history, but I think it seems like a cool idea. There's a lot of things that documents and research tell us, but it excludes the personal thoughts of the person. A good source of information and primary sources if you're interested is the Luminarium. I will give the necessary historical information that I know about these characters relationship if a person is interested so that we can develop our story together. We don't necessarily have to stick to the exact history, but there are certain things I want to cover between the two characters.

Plot Four:
Characters: Anne Boleyn/Henry VIII
Vital information needed to know for this is that Anne is the second wife of Henry and was not readily accepted by the people of England for various reasons, both for their love for the former queen Katherine and for religious reasons. Henry was forced to cut ties with Rome in order for the marriage to be annuled. It is from here that Anne is crowned King, and for some time lived a reasonably happy life until she failed to conceive a male heir. Now, Henry at this point is head of the Church of England, which gives him supreme power over state and religious affairs.

All of these plots are flexible and not set in stone. I enjoy planning with my partner. Please PM me if interested.

Happy Holidays  O:)

Flower

EpikBliss

I've come, dear flower and remain confused. Which dark prince would you have me play except for whom is already endeared to you? XD
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Flower

Only accepting one more plot. For this one, I will play the female character.