Can I disable Backspace as a hotkey for leaving a page in Firefox?

Started by Nachtmahr, August 06, 2014, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

The title sort of says it all.

I'm trying my best to not be too angry right now - I just went ahead and wrote a 5 paragraph post, went to correct the comma I accidentally put at the end, punched Backspace and boom.. It decided to go back a page, and everything is lost.. Completely.. Never to return.. Half an hour I'll never get back, and a post that will never feel as good.

Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen again, because it's happened just one too many times now..
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Caeli

The only suggestion I have is to make sure you have a form recovery add-on/extension like Lazarus, or to type your post in another program such as Word, Google Docs, etc. before porting it over to post in Elliquiy.

Unfortunately, I have done this one too many times myself also.  It definitely sucks, and I'm sorry that it happened to you, Nachtmahr. :(
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Beguile's Mistress

I Googled "firefox disable backspace hotkey"

This is one of the links I found:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/948816

Do the Google thing for other links if this one doesn't work.

Nachtmahr

Thanks a bunch, both of you!

It seems the 'Disable backspace navigation'-addon works. :)

As for the post - I guess I wanted to take revenge on the world for stealing away the one I had written, so instead I wrote one that was about.. 3 times longer, far more detailed, and honestly? Way better. Funny how things work out.

I'm not going to delete every post I write in the future in the hope that 'take 2' is going to be far better though. ^^'

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Beguile's Mistress

I'm glad you found a fix and add Lazarus if you can.  It's a life saver in my opinion though this time it seems the mind was still working while you were fixing. ;D

Oreo

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 06, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
I'm glad you found a fix and add Lazarus if you can.  It's a life saver in my opinion though this time it seems the mind was still working while you were fixing. ;D

I would do the Lazarus add on too. There are other reasons you can lose a post. That program has saved me more times than I can count. It saves more than one post too. Like if you have multiple tabs open and forget that you were writing in one, then close the tab? Lazarus will raise it from the dead. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Beguile's Mistress

The add-on also comes with a history that you can access with the add-on manager.