"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xunzar

The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

WingedServant

Have you all got room for one more in this shindig. I think I like the idea of playing a character who works with gears and energy powered machines. (whatever this energy manipulation substance will be called). I've already got an image of a guy wearing overalls, a backwards newsboy cap, and a giant monkey wrench slung over his shoulder like a bastard sword. At his hip is a keyring the size of a plate, and an untold number of keys hanging from it. Who knows what each key turns on or controls....

Xunzar

Talk to clockwork, but our motley crew can surely use an engineer who specializes in, well, machines.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

WingedServant

I'll send her a PM and maybe I can sweettalk her into it.

Xunzar

A list of kinks

Laz

so Clockwork hasn't been back yet? she must be busy.

Aikochan

Congradulations Laz on your approval btw! I didn't get to gratz you. I had no idea you were from japan.

Anata wa nihon-jin desu ka

Hajimemashite o genki desu ka

anata wa name aiko desu ^^

I am not sure when Clockworkshadow will be around usually she is around nowish and earlier prolly busy today.

Xunzar

I had not known either, but that would explain thinking it's morning. I wonder if Clockwork is busy today?
A list of kinks

WingedServant

sorry guys, im just trying to catch up on all the back posts.
I'm kinda intriqued to give this story a try

Xunzar

A list of kinks

Aikochan

I have no problems with anyone joining in *smiles* as long as your cool with my character concept.

Xunzar

I second Aiko on this. Though we do need to figure out quite how Johnny and Wing fit into our theory. Any ideas? Perhaps the engineer works with our scientist friend?
A list of kinks

Aikochan

Quote from: Xunzar on June 23, 2011, 09:50:50 PM
I second Aiko on this. Though we do need to figure out quite how Johnny and Wing fit into our theory. Any ideas? Perhaps the engineer works with our scientist friend?
Where is johny's idea cause I don't know where to look for it. Wing's idea could fit very well.. They could help you, laz, and kuje with fixing and building my android body (Doll) form and transfering of my human self to it.. The more that work on it the better the shell can be! Remember that.

Laz

Quote from: Aikochan on June 23, 2011, 08:29:55 PM
Congradulations Laz on your approval btw! I didn't get to gratz you. I had no idea you were from japan.

Anata wa nihon-jin desu ka

Hajimemashite o genki desu ka

anata wa name aiko desu ^^

I am not sure when Clockworkshadow will be around usually she is around nowish and earlier prolly busy today.

I'm in Japan doesnt mean I'm fluent in Japanese. I'm pure Chinese. :P I'll thank you in Chinese, "shie shie"

and thanks, hope your approval process be as smooth and quick as mine.

@ Winged, have fun reading, mine's a bit long so you dont need to read it as much as you want.

@ Xunzar, We'll just have to wait for ClockWork to get back, she'll have a long time reading our back posts.

WingedServant

*Is now seriously annoyed that he can't find a good picture to represent his character..*
Darn my tendencies to think of original concepts.

Aikochan

Quote from: Laz on June 23, 2011, 10:04:30 PM
I'm in Japan doesnt mean I'm fluent in Japanese. I'm pure Chinese. :P I'll thank you in Chinese, "shie shie"

and thanks, hope your approval process be as smooth and quick as mine.

@ Winged, have fun reading, mine's a bit long so you dont need to read it as much as you want.

@ Xunzar, We'll just have to wait for ClockWork to get back, she'll have a long time reading our back posts.

*giggles* I never said you were :) Thats basicly what I asked you in japanese *giggles* sorry, hope your not offended, I just get excited and sometimes ramble in japanese when I see someone that might know what I am saying *smiles*

Quote from: WingedServant on June 23, 2011, 10:16:45 PM
*Is now seriously annoyed that he can't find a good picture to represent his character..*
Darn my tendencies to think of original concepts.

Look on photobucket, thats prolly the best place to look.

Laz

Quote from: Aikochan on June 23, 2011, 10:17:47 PM
*giggles* I never said you were :) Thats basicly what I asked you in japanese *giggles* sorry, hope your not offended, I just get excited and sometimes ramble in japanese when I see someone that might know what I am saying *smiles*

I can somewhat understood what you asked, but apparently I'm not yet that fluent since I have just moved here about 2 years ago. and most people I know speak English.

Xunzar

*hums* yeah, Clockwork is gonna have a lot of reading to do. Johnny was a page or two page, Aiko.
A list of kinks

johnny5

Hi all, so what's the current thinking on our group?

Xunzar

You'll need to remind me of the quick summary of your character, Johnny, but it looks like the linking factor is Aiko's Doll. Gets found, fixed and then Markus buys her. 'course all this needs to clear Clockwork.
A list of kinks

johnny5

Basically my character is a wizard type, Clockwork said she wanted to do magic based on physics so I've been riffing off of that for my concept.  In a nutshell he's a long way from home, trying to make his way in the world of the machines, although I'm not sure where exactly Clockwork wanted to set the story.

ClockworkShadow

Oh my...

I hate it when I get super busy in r/l.

I need a bit to catch up here.

One thing I have noticed however - even though I'm allowing a mix of cyberpunk, it has to be a mix.  There are no cities that are just Cyberpunk, or just Clockwork Punk, or just Steampunk.  The entire world is a mixture thereof, but set in Victorian-style development, not modern - which also limits just how far the cyberpunk can spread it's influence.  I have the least experience with Cyberpunk, granted, so I might be seeing "red flags" that other people can explain and justify to me a little better?

I allowed Kuje's character, and liked it, because that character is still, essentially, human underneath an automaton shell.  And I want there to be enough about his character visible that identifies it as human instead of humanized automaton... like an intact, natural face underneath a fused helmet, having a see-through face mask, or something of that nature.  And I don't see the shell as having replaced their flesh, but more enhanced.  His character may have replaced some internal things, but they need to be cross-functional with blood flow... which, according to Bicentennial Man, immediately (re-)introduces the body to aging.  Automatons are incapable of aging, and have not discovered a method of incorporating blood into their system, normal or artificial. 

Quote from: Aikochan
wait a minute.. I thought we were doing a mix between cyberpunk, steam, and I forget the other. So in the cyberpunk part I can do this. Clockworkshadow said we could do a mix of the three. So I am not sure why I can't do this.. I am confused.. I am obviously missing something major here.. and not sure if I will play then cause my idea of combining went out window?

well its the fact that I don't like how the automations are and they would not be like that in the cyberpunk type. So what I was thinking.. The Automation/doll/android could come from a far away city that is cyberpunk and was sent to this area where the automations/androids/dolls whatever you want to call them are not like her so she could be saught after by alot as its really hard to get to the city where my char was from.

I'm sorry if you don't like the automatons, Aiko, but that is the main theme here: them controlling, and employing or using the humans in a D/s lifestyle fashion.  The first ones that were created then emancipated themselves and created others.  Upon creating the others, they discovered that they were lacking the manipulation techniques that allowed them to imbue sentience, which made it so they couldn't determine if their perceived improvements were successful or not.  So they go back and they employ their original masters to help them create improved automatons with sentience.  Sentience allows an automaton to have a range of logical emotions.  There are different types of sentience, usually based on the person that channels the sentience into the automaton.  This also allows for a sort of personality-reflection to take place, which then allows for some automatons to be decent masters and others to be cruel.

I do not mind you being one of Kuje's character's experiments... but tailor it accordingly, please.  You will still be, for intents and purposes, human.  And, while I can appreciate cat girls and other cute anime-related tweaks on humans/androids, that's not an aspect that I see as fitting here.  There's already enough included with the whole automaton/human interaction, I think, without over-complicating it with additional, animalistic features.  I might change my mind, sometime later after the RP is established and I see where it is going.

There will be no more discussion of sex, or anything advancing beyond PG-13 here, please.  There can be areas on the islands, or the smaller of the major continents (like that secluded, desert place with the monks that someone mentioned, and I quite love that because it reminds me of Anathem).  The larger of the two continents of Axiom is a world within a world completely dominated by automatons.  I don't picture the smaller continent as being very civilized.  I can see that as being mostly populated by different sects of monks, and maybe some smaller pockets of rural/village citizenry that help with a small trade system between those monks, and who live off what the monks produce (by gardens, etc).  These monks can be masters of energy manipulation, by default, and much more skilled at it (unbeknownst to larger continent citizenry) than any of the scientists that helped create the automatons.

Quote from: Kuje on June 22, 2011, 03:15:51 PM
Just a few. I have a few others but I saved them to my hard drive and lost the URL's.

These are great, but you said something about your character having an outward automaton (metal?) shell, right?  They'd be useful for a standard, higher-class female human, for sure.

--

I'm now at the beginning of page 5.  I will post again when I catch up to the current.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Kuje

Clock, I think you're confusing my char with Aiko's. :) Mine is human, she's the artist. Aiko's idea was to be the automaton.

So, yea, my clothing pics are fine for my char.

ClockworkShadow

She would just look humaniod, she could eat and drink, go to the bathroom but thats about it.

Maybe in a traditional cyberpunk setting, this would apply.  But if she eats and drinks and has a digestive system, then she has to have blood flow and a heart and a brain (to control body functions).  Even if you want to include the possibility of certain major organs being artificially enhanced/replaced, she's still human as long as those aspects are included.  Automatons are automatons because they function without sustenance, except to have their gears, pistons, etc. oiled and maintained, do not age, and do not have any actual human organs or parts.

Quote from: Kuje
Clock, I think you're confusing my char with Aiko's. :) Mine is human, she's the artist. Aiko's idea was to be the automaton.

So, yea, my clothing pics are fine for my char.

Someone (Laz, then?) said something about being hired by the automatons to research humanization because of the advancements they made on their own body... sorry for the confusion.

Also, Laz, exoskeleton means exterior and visible to the eye.  So you might want to fix that in your description... and explains a lot of my confusion.

--

Still catching up.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O