Soul Society: Life of the Shinigami (Still open for recruitment!)

Started by BruceTheCat, February 14, 2014, 11:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Alright, folks, this is try #3! Last year in December we attempted to get this game off the ground with no lasting success. But, I am inspired to give this another go with both new and old players. Abbreviated, this will be a game following the lives, battles, and events that take place in Soul Society from the perspective of the Captains. We probably won't be following the Canon of the show, but work with all original storylines. For now I will provide the NPCs and enemies to get this moving forward. We need Captains, Lieutenants, and Shinigami as well!

Alright guys, here is a brief overview of how the plot will start and some of the rules of the RP.

Starting Plot

A little over a week ago all of Soul Society, without exception, was shocked to discover that their Captain-Commander as well as his Lieutenant had been brutally murdered. The whole of the Shinigami barracks was sent into a form of organized chaos, every resource and tool used to discern the identity of the attacker and their whereabouts. Early the same day it was determined, based on the visual signs of the battle that took place and the death wounds upon both of the victims that the murder was among some of the closest allies of those in control of Soul Society. The 3rd Division Captain (Hirama Tensoshi) and his Lieutenant (Mai Soniti) had destroyed the pillar of strength within the military order of the Shinigami before fleeing entirely. Unfourtanetly, the recon squad was not able to track them down, regrouping with the others after days of searching to find out what came next. All the while, the two lingering question on everyone's lips remain: "Why" and "If betrayal existed this deep in the ranks, who else might still be a enemy lying in wait"

IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197296.0

What does this mean: The sad truth is that most groups games don't work because people express interest, begin playing long enough to be important then disappear or start posting so infrequently that the game grinds to a halt. With this plot element I've (hopefully) created a way to keep things moving even if someone jumps ship. That is to say, anyone who has to leave for personal reasons will become a rogue Shinigami who had been hiding thus far. Just like the 3rd Division Captain and his cohort.

Posting Frequency and Order

Officially we don't have a posting order. Meaning you do not have to wait for everyone to post before throwing up your reply. Use your best judgement, but once again remember that momentum is the most important thing in group RPs. If you ask someone a question and it's been a while since they've posted, just pretend like it goes unanswered, or a action goes unnoticed. When that person returns it's going to be up to them to play catch up as fast as possible.

I would like everyone to post at least once every two days. Without some advanced notice everyone has a week before becoming a rogue Shinigami.

Combat

This is what everyone is looking forward to right! I know I am. So I think every veteran RPer can probably agree that combat is the trickiest thing to execute when you are playing with someone who's RPing style is unfamiliar to you. We're all adults here (probably), so don't dictate someone else's actions unless you have their permission through PM. I've done this before with the intention of condensing the battle so that it doesn't take 20+ posts. We are all Captains, so avoid using adjectives like "easily" or "effortlessly" when reacting to attacks. If the two people can not come to a consensus as to who should win the battle, ask me and I will impartially flip a coin.

Splitting Scenes

The only thing I'd like to track in the header of a post is your current location. This is so that someone scanning through won't be confused as to where everyone is located. We will only have one main thread, but feel free to go off somewhere else and have separate scenes. I even encourage everyone to do separate scenes through PM if you'd like it to remain secret, or are just that into the RP.

At the present time I am seeking the following:
Captains
Lieutenants
Shinigami

I'll be assigning the slots on a first-come-first-served basis. You may reserve slots without a character sheet, of course. For those who already have a sheet, feel free to simply copy/paste it here.

1st Division - Leadership

Captain-Commander - Corin Kirikata, played by Red Lobster
Lieutenant -  Mina played by KnightNelson

2nd Division - Special Forces/Onmitsukido

Captain - Kira Yukihana played by KnightNelson20
Lieutenant -

3rd Division

Captain - *Will not be filled*
Lieutenant - *Will not be filled*

4th Division - Medical/Supply/Janitorial

Captain - Yuki Wakahisa played by Angaroo
Lieutenant - Raki Sopaku played by Winds of Lust

5th Division

Captain -
Lieutenant -

6th Division

Captain - Hiei Barzod played by El Malingo
Lieutenant -

7th Division

Captain - Uako Kinme, played by Presta
Lieutenant - Jinzumaru, played by Red Lobster

8th Division

Captain - Mashuu Akita played by Batman
Lieutenant -

9th Division - Security Force, Arts & Culture

Captain -
Lieutenant -

10th Division

Captain -
Lieutenant -

11th Division - Melee Combat "The Fighting Squad"

Captain - Uesugi Kyoshiro played by SheerFantasia
Lieutenant - Akiko Mizuchi played by Wicked Vixen

12th Division - R&D of new Technology and Spiritual Tools

Captain - Yoshino Ishida played by Empyrean
Lieutenant -

13th Division - Kido Squad

Captain - Aya Minase played by pendarious
Lieutenant -

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Division:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[spoiler][center][img]URLHERE[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Zanpakutō:[/b]
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Shikai[/i]
[i]Bankai[/i]

[b]History:[/b]
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

PrestaDGTation

You KNOW I'm there!

Player:  Presta~!

Name:   Uako Kinme

Division:  7th Squad

Appearance:  Uako appears to be a late twenties young woman, about 5'5" and thin.  Her hair is naturally red, but is dyed with streaks of yellow and white, tied into a clumsy braid which goes down to her shoulders.  She has a pair of large glasses that sometimes obfuscate her eyes almost completely, giving her a curiously distant quality.  But she only needs them for certain work.  The rest of the time, she can choose to wear them or not with no concerns to her sight, revealing dancing, sharp blue eyes.  She is typically smiling, or somehow jovial. 

Personality:  Like her namesake, Uako is almost always smiling about something, and is prone to fits of laughter with little or not provocation.  While Uako doesn't often give the attention she should to her own appearance, she has the raw material of a fairly beautiful lady, sometimes surprising others by accentuating it irregularly.  However, she typically doesn't see the point, much more concerned with her work and her training.  She carries a strange obsession with mythological things: yokai, faerie, dragons, etc, and seems to collect figures of them to store in her workshop.  Uako has a darker side, affectionately called Megane-Chan, in which she seems to trade her laughter for scientific method. 

Strengths: 
   Personable - Uako is known among her compatriots as being spritely, helpful, energetic, and on occasion, really funny to watch.
   Practical - When pressed, Uako settles into her Megane-Chan mindset, which makes her a calculating and quick thinking opponent. 
   Open Minded - Of all her strengths, her ability to think outside the box is her favorite.  She is an original thinker, and resourceful.
   Arms-Savante - The girl makes weapons.  Weapons that make the Zanpakuto's of the lower seats wince. 
   Adapted Skills - As a Captain, she felt self-conscious in the presence of her peers, due to her lack of training and experience.  To counteract this, she modified certain abilities to suit her needs. 
     Swordplay - She forced herself to master Tai Chi Chuan quickly, channeling her reiatsu through positioning to give her small frame a respectable power.
     Hard Step - She's always been clumsy with flash-step, so she modified the technique into what she calls Hard-Step: a less graceful but more potent variation that can also be used to strike foes.
     Kidou - She sees little use for Kidou Techniques, compensating sharply with her R&D capabilities.  One of her projects is a mechanical 'Caster' Module, which theoretically can cast perfect incantations if provided with external sources of energy.  It's still in development, as are many things.

Weaknesses
   Nerdy - Uako is not what most people would consider Military Grade Material.  She is flighty, eccentric, and obeys authority only as long as she can rationalize the benefits of doing so.  As such, while Uako can be a true terror, she lacks the combative prowess and experience that define many shinigami
   Vauge - Uako is very secretive about her works, which leads to cryptic, vague explanations, and occasional mis-communication.
   Obsessive - She has a one track mind.  Whether it's work, laughter, fighting, or collecting myths, it's hard to tear herself away.
   Quirky - The weaknesses of her duplicitous nature aren't lost on her.  Her laughing self is just as bad for combat as her methodical Megane-chan persona is for social interaction, and she tends to slip between them without thinking.  She hopes to integrate them better.
   Secrets - Uako has a few secrets, and while she doesn't let them compromise her abilities, she nonetheless keeps people away from her proverbial closet space.

Weaponry -  Uako has several weapons she likes to employ, her Zanpakuto being only one of them.

In it's sealed state, Uako's Zanpakuto appears to be a Tai Chi sword with a square guard and a carving of a snake on the hilt, biting it's own tail.  There is a single black tassel on the edge of the hilt.

Shikai - 移り変わりの三頭ヘビ - Utsurikawari no Santou Hebi - Three Headed Snake of Changing Seasons
          Her Tai Chi Sword grows into a Longsword and becomes bronze.  The snake on the hilt coils around her arm, and the black tassel splits into three different ones, one red, one yellow, and one white.  In this state, the snake can wield the sword independently of her other two hands, allowing her to employ more than one weapon at a time.  While this makes her a fairly stubborn threat, owing to her many other tools, it's a pitiful power for a lieutenant.  In her usual cryptic way, she tries not to advertise that the true power it holds is in the tassels.
          Her sword has the common misconception of being able to make people 'happier.'  When she touches an ally with it, they have been known to start laughing involuntarily, as their combative powers increase 4-fold.  Indeed, the ability does make them happier, but that's not the goal, only the side effect.  The Red Tassel symbolizes open flames, while the Yellow Tassel represents sealed energy within fuel.  Using them, she is able to open sealed energy within a person or object, or to seal what energy they have into stasis.  With her in combat, people fight harder and injuries work slower under her influence.  The White Tassel carries another power, associated with the remains of fuel after the fire is burnt away, but no one is quite sure what it is.  Uako will only say she needs the right 'conditions' to employ it.

Bankai - 完璧宇宙の黄金の蛇 - Kanpeki uchū no kogane no hebi - Golden Serpent of the Perfected Cosmos
         When Uako applied to become a Lieutenant, she was asked to demonstrate this ability to her superiors before she could be appointed.  She conceded, on the condition that the demonstration be kept secret, and involved hunting a Menos Grande.  When she and her superior returned, the higher rank was appropriately impressed with her abilities, and she was given her station.
         The two returned that day with a beautiful sword: a large, ghostly white metal, bordered with a golden blades and deep red stripes in its center.  When asked what the sword was, Uako replied cryptically: "It's the Menos."

Auxiliary Weapon - Fronteriza Dorada: The Golden Border

Whatever her mysterious sword is, it's easy to see that it carries enormous spiritual pressure.  She can utilize her Shikai to make it fire potent bursts of force, or extend the energy from it into a lance like spike of energy.  However, she has no way to actually hide or store the weapon on her body, and has to physically retrieve and carry the weapon if she intends to use it.  In her own words, she is afraid of the sword, admitting that it makes her feel small, even meddlesome, when she touches it.

History
        Uako's younger life was a haphazard series of studies, failures, and experiments.  She trained in Kidou for a time, excelling at it but quickly finding new interests in the works of R&D.  She became infatuated with it, and began to study to become a member of the scientific community.  A long series of trials, experiments, and wild interests summed up this life.  The directors of the primary organizations were almost inhuman in their methods.  Megane-Chan, more than anything, was born from her attempts to adapt to this society.  She became a talented weapons creator, at one point gaining her own small staff. 
        And then she achieved her Bankai: a spiritual and physical sum of everything she had studied and was aiming to learn.  Having done so, she suddenly saw no use for the community, and in fact was afraid that if they knew just what she had achieved, they would find a way to strip it from her.  After all she'd witnessed, tearing the strongest part of someone's soul out of their body was simply an afternoon of light work.  Rather than keep working, she quit and decided to join the Gotei, where at the least she'd be able to find more materials to experiment with.
        She refused, under any circumstances, to belong to Squad 10.  Instead, she sought a position in Squad 7, where she'd have a high enough rank to conduct herself as she pleased, but not have any genuine responsibilities.  At least, that was what she hoped for.
        She demonstrated her Bankai to the Captain-Commander under conditions of secrecy, and was made Liutenant.  However, the previous captain abdicated several months later, leaving her in control of the squad itself.  Since then, she's reformed 7th Squad into a capable barracks, where people are not allowed to ask about a person's history.  This has attracted a variety of capable misfits and deviants who seem to love her for her enthusiastic understanding.
        Today, she has a workshop, located somewhere...  she goes there to practice her experiments, forge new weapons, and test the limits of her abilities.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Angaroo

I am interested as well.  :-)

I'll work on a character sheet sometime tonight.

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Empyrean

I remember this game. :)

I'd be interested in applying for Captain-Commander if that's still available.

BruceTheCat

Go ahead and make your character Empyrean! I actually have a story element planned for the reveal of the chosen Captain Commander. If there is only one person interested, obviously it will be that player, but the story initially will assume that all Captains have a equal chance of potentially being promoted to the position. Whether they want it or not.

I'd like to have at least a few people fighting for it though.  :)
- scribus1000

Prosak

A captain commander is tempting to vie for. But, I will be a bit different. I will pick lieutenant. Since i am sure they wont be picked as often. And i think it would be rather usefull. So, Presta. Wanna adopt a lieutenant?

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

El Maligno

Id be game for captain commander if not the 6th division

BruceTheCat

Glad to see interest coming in! I'll have my sheet up this evening, whenever you guys are able go ahead and post yours for approval.

Presta your sheet looks good!
- scribus1000

KnightNelson20

im interested and working on captain of the 2nd division.

BruceTheCat

Here you go guys, feel free to critique or ask questions!

Player: Red Lobster
Name: Corin Kirikata
Division: 11th Division
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Minus the actual sword that he is holding, and the symbol on the shield would be different (yet to be determined). The armor he is wearing is actually a great indication of what his Bankai armor would look like, save that he also is wearing a Samurai mask. The banner hanging from his waist would be white, and have the symbol of the 11th Division on it.

Strengths:

Rare Zanpakuto: Corin’s sword is among one of the most powerful Zanpakutos in existence, and is currently the strongest when it comes to defensive weapons.

Doing it for a while: Corin is not a new Captain. He has been Captain of the 11th Division long enough to have seen every position of Captain come and go.

Strong Physical Combatant (Using Yama in Shikai) : Years of being a Captain have given Corin the edge at being a very powerful combatant, strictly through knowledge and experience rather than being a genius Shinigami.

Good Teacher: Having been a Captain for as long as he has, Corin is an exceptional teacher. He takes pride in every student, and often spends most of his time in the ‘classroom’.

Weaknesses:

Black and White attitude: Corin has been the Captain of the 11th Division for an extremely long time, and during those years he has adopted an extremely overzealous view of what is right and wrong. He is not often overtly rude, however the man has a dedication to his moral ideals that bridges on insanity. There is no gray area, and those who believe there is are unworthy of being a Shinigami.

Strategic Mind: Corin’s Bankai ability is extremely straight forward. He has almost never had the need to out-think his opponents in order to defeat them, he simply defeats them. As a result he has never developed a Captain level ability to dissect and find an opponent’s weakness, however he still excels at this over the Lieutenants.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Yama
Shikai:

“Hold fast Yama” In this form Corin’s Zanpakuto blade disappears. What appears to replace it is a circular shield with a blade extending out from the area opposite where his fist would be sitting (Imagine wearing a Katar with a shield over your forearm). In this state Corin’s Zanpakuto can absorb any attack that is on a similar power scale to his own, that is to say anything less than a Bankai itself. In doing so Corin absorbs a large portion of the spiritual pressure from the attack into himself. He typically uses this as a means to outlast his opponents, rather than crushing them outright.

Bankai:

Very similar to his Shikai, however a set of ancient samurai armor appears and wraps around the Captain’s body along with his shield, all of which possess this defensive trait. Corin now has the ability to not only block the full-fledged attacks of the most powerful Bankai’s, but he likewise can absorb them. He does not directly gain power as a result of this, but it requires his opponents to use far more spiritual pressure to sustain the fight than is normally necessary. These attacks need not be directed offensive attacks. For instance if the Bankai was a radius affect that changed the environment, he could absorb this as well.

His primary tactic using his Bankai is to wear the opponent down as before until they are forced back into their Shikai state; tired and exhausted while he is still at his full strength.

History:

Corin’s life before becoming Captain, as he tells it, was quite uninteresting. He was considered an average student with an above average spiritual pressure who, given the right training might one day aspire to something great. However he was not a quick learner, and had difficulty mastering several techniques and abilities. The only thing that initially set him apart from the other students was his Zanpakuto.

Slowly he gained recognition within the 11th squad after years of committed and loyal service, battling Hollows and rogue Shinagami. Likewise the true potential of his Shikai was eventually discovered. He was given the title of Captain after discovering his Bankai. At the time he was the only trainee who had attained this level of control, and there was need for a replacement of the 11th Division Captain. He took the position happily, and has been doing this ever since. The man has been known to use himself often as an example of what can be obtained by hard work. He professes to trainees on their first day that he was not gifted with anything special, and yet is the most Veteran Captain.

This is, in truth less than accurate as Corin was always gifted with Yama’s power.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Great KnightNelson! So everyone knows, when we have your character sheet I'll go ahead and reserve the Captain/Lieutenant slot for you.

Happy to have you Juggtacular! Unfortunately KnightNelson already expressed interest in that position. The first-come-first-serve is based upon when we receive the sheet, so technically if you are not interested in any other Captain position (there are many open) then as long as you submit your sheet first you can grab the spot.

However I would really prefer otherwise that way we don't start with mild drama.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

I didn't realize he'd expressed interest until after I wrote that. And I'm not that much of an asshole that I'd do that. I was set on 2nd Division Captain, but I might settle for Liutenant. I'm still debating myself whether or not to make a c-sheet.

Empyrean

Player: Empyrean
Character Name: Yoshino Ishida

Division: 12th Squad

Appearance: A slender young woman who seems exceptionally frail. She has silvery-white hair that she usually keeps in a neat bun, and pink eyes that are framed by a pair of gleaming spectacles.

Personality: Calm, elegant, and composed. Yoshino always projects an air of serenity around her.

Strengths:

Intensive Study: Yoshino reads voraciously. Anything she can get her hands on. She has a great deal of theoretical knowledge on a great many subjects and can hold her own in learned debates.

Spiritual Seal: Yoshino can completely suppress her spiritual pressure. Even when actively using her abilities she can pass for an ordinary human in terms of pressure released. She's never revealed just how powerful she might be.

Hado Specialist: Yoshino is exceptionally good at using hado (especially high-level ones) and inventing new ones.

Weaknesses:

Theoretical Knowledge: Yoshino may have a great deal of theoretical knowledge about many subjects, but her practical experience doesn't always match what she knows from books.

Albinism: Yoshino is an albino. Her condition saps her of physical strength, meaning that more than most Captains she relies on her reiatsu and does not do well in straight physical fights.

Zanpakuto

Name: Inevitablity.
Form: Inevitability appears as a naginata as tall as Yoshino is. The only adornment is a black pearl at the part where the haft connects to the blade, and a white tassel at the hilt.

Shikai: "Conclude this, Inevitability"

エントロピーの球 Sphere of Entropy: Inevitability's blade doubles in length. Time forms an invisible barrier around her. This barrier ages whatever it comes in contact with, including reishi particles. Anything that collides with this barrier (which extends in a spherical radius for twenty yards in all directions around her) ages rapidly into oblivion. Yoshino herself is immune to this effect. Inevitability has a second effect. She can extend the aura in any direction she chooses. The aura becomes a wave, lashing out as far as she can see and it dissolves whatever is in its' path. Her personal protection remains while she does this. She can choose to exempt allies from the dangerous effects of her entropic field, as well as direct selective blasts of the aura at specific targets. In this form, Inevitability inflicts all the damage of the aura on whatever it strikes, dissolving through solid matter and spirit particles with ease.

Bankai: "Flow, sea of time"

重複している時間のインスタンス Instances of Overlapping Time: Inevitability glows with silvery-black light and the blade doubles in length. The flow of time around the battlefield becomes malleable. Yoshino is able to shape this fluid time. She can speed herself up, moving between seconds at speeds baffling even for shinigami. She can cause time to slow for her opponents, making their movements fall to a crawl. She can stop time around a foe, freezing them in place for a brief period, or speed up the flow of time so attacks that she makes at one moment happen again at a later time, even if she hasn't repeated the action recently. She can apply this to copy an attack she or another has made in the past and make that same attack go off on her opponent when she chooses. She has a limit of one hour into the past that she can copy a previous attack.

History: Yoshino was an unlikely prospect to be a Shinigami, much less a captain. She was pale and sickly from birth and showed no sign of growing stronger as she aged. Her parents, frightened by her albinism, surrendered her to the 12th division, R&D, in exchange for a considerable "finder's fee". Yoshino's childhood was one where she was experimented on, poked and prodded in the name of science. As her powers developed she was put into intensive training to learn how to harness it. It wasn't the most pleasant time. The former head of the Division was a cruel man, dedicated to science above all else, no matter the cost to his experimental subjects.

Yoshino decided that she was tired of being an experiment so she dedicated herself to her training. She became a Shinigami. And she became so good she demanded notice. As she rose through the ranks she focused on the Captaincy of her own division. Less than a year ago, she confronted her tormentor, the former Captain. And she defeated him in a very public manner. More than that, she exposed the crimes he had been committing against the Soul Society in the name of his research. She destroyed his career, defeated him in battle, and proved herself to the other Captains to become one of their number. Now she's turned her attention to cleaning up the 12th Division and reestablishing the good name of R&D.

KnightNelson20

Player: KnightNelson
Name: Kira Yukihana
Division: 2nd
Appearance:
Kira Yukihana
Strengths:
Master Swordswoman: Kira has extensive knowledge of the sword and many sword styles.
Shunpo: Being Captain of the second division requires speed and silence. Kira can shunpo while hiding her spiritual pressure as well.
Shunko: Kira was taught Shunko by Soi Fon.
Devoted: Kira never doubts the task given to her or reasons behind them.
Great friend: Though she rarely voices it the other captains know Kira is always watching their backs.
Trained Mind: Kira's mind is focused, attentive, and alert at all times.

Weaknesses:
Kittens: Kira's serious attitude melts into that of a young school girl at the sight of a kitten. They are too cute!
Kido: Kira knows a few binding Kido's but besides that she rely's purely on her sword.
Friends: Kira would put her own life on the line for the sake of her friends.
Honor: Kira values her honor above all and will do anything to protect it. Reversely she feels devastated if someone says she has dishonored them.

Zanpakutō:
Kyrala
Name: Kyrala
Shikai
"Play Kyrala"
Kyrala is a ice type Zanpakuto. When Kyrala activates a dense slow snowfall begins. The area soon becomes a bright white wonderland and Kira's movements in it appear as mere flurries in the wind. Kyrala's blade turns areas it touches to ice slowly until they become a sculpture.
Bankai
"Growl Kyrala"

Blades of ice begin to form in the air. They fly towards the target continuously seeking to impale it. Kira uses her high speed to catch the flying blades and use them in coordination with her attacks. Kira always says she sits on the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to Kyrala's power. 
History:
Kira was always a skilled shinigami. As soon as she graduated the academy she was taken in by the 2nd Division Onmitsukido for her speed. Her focus and determination were a cut above the others. Combined with her swordplay it was no surprise when she quickly brought out the power of her shikai and bankai. Soi Fon took Kira under her wing with full intention of grooming her into the next captain. And Kira was honored to take the position.

BruceTheCat

@Empyrean Your character looks great! Make sure to include a backstory, however brief, when you have the chance. I already sent you a note on changing away from 1st Division Captain as well. Lastly, please nerf the power of your Shikai a fair bit. I would honestly argue that the ability to control her speed and the speed of her opponents, potentially to the point of freezing them in place while setting delayed hits is vastly more powerful than her actual Bankai.

@KnightNelson No power critiques! Everything looks good to me. Just note that the setting of the game isn't going to be canon to Bleach. Sorry for not directly mentioning it earlier. She can still have been trained by Soi Fon, but just don't in game reference any of the events that happened in the show as being the past.
- scribus1000

KnightNelson20

Yes I am aware. I merely wished for a mentor people could identify with.

pendarious

im interested. ill have a  sheet up within the next few days
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Juggtacular

After a bit of deliberation, I've decided on making a Captain for the 9th Squad. Should be up in a bit.

Juggtacular

Player: Juggtacular
Name: Tatsumaru Hitsorumi
Division: 9th
Appearance:

Tatsumaru usually keeps his visage covered in a wrap due to his time in the 2nd Division, and not many people have seen him without it. It's a rare thing he reserves for friends and worthy opponents.

Strengths:

Zanpakuto - If Corin's sword is the strongest in terms of defense, Tatsumaru's can be considered the opposite, and is the strongest in terms of offensive capability.

Shunpo - As a former Liutenant of the 2nd Division, Tatsumaru has mastered Shunpo to a very high degree and is one of the fastest Shinigami in Seretei even without his Zanpakuto.

Shunkō - Again, as he had attained the second highest level possible within the Onmitsukidō, he has attained high level mastery of  Shunkō and is deadly precise in it's use.

Nature Lover - Tatsu has always had a fascination and affinity for nature. If not training, he can often be found tending a bonzai tree, spending time with some animal, or cultivating his rock garden. It serves him well considering his Division is in charge of Art & Culture as well as Security.

Tactical Mind - Tatsumaru is very good at what he does, and trains those under him to be good at what they do as well. He thinks very well on his feet and often finds himself analyzing every detail he can when in battle or about the terrain to give himself an advantage.

Kido - Unlike many of the 2nd Division, Tatsumaru never relied solely on his physical abilities or his Zanpakuto. He believed that to complete an assignment to the maximum extent you are able, you have to use every object at your disposal; this meant Kido as well. As a result, he has trained just as hard in this area as his others, and can use high level spells quickly efficiently.

Weaknesses:

Extreme Ruthlessness - Being with the 2nd Divsion for so long, Tatsumaru sometimes has trouble reigning himself in when he fights or when he's attempting to settle something without causing grievous bodily harm or death. He was trained as an assassin, and often times finds himself falling back to that train of thought, which results in him holding no remorse for his opponent and usually going for the kill.

Lone Wolf - He is used to performing alone and as such does not play as well with others as he could. He isn't actively against teamwork or having backup, he's just worked very well on his own and knows his own limitations so he doesn't have to watch out for himself. In a combat situation, he knows he'd have to look out for any allies and this of course means he'd be less effective.

Lethargy - Ironically, Tatsu often finds himself napping. He's not really tired, but this is a result of him training so hard and so often. Before his body acclimated to the high strain, he would often be tired after a session and sleep. Now he's used to it, but it's still a habit of his to find a bit of time in the day to close his eyes and nod off.

Single Mindedness - In a fight, Tatsumaru tends to focus on the primary objective at hand first and foremost. So much so that he will ignore other things to complete the mission. It's a problem and he admits it, but it's a habit he can't seem to break. It's possible for him to ignore the main threat, but he'll need a lot of coaxing to deviate from the mission given to him how it was given to him.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Raijin(Thunder God) - Raijin exists as a pair of gauntlets that slide over Tatsumaru's wrists and up his arms; a deep groove runs along the bottom of each gauntlet. When he clenches his fists, tonfa blades that can be spun from the hilt and locked into position facing whichever direction he wishes(front, back, etc...) extend from the grooves similar to one unsheathing their sword.

Shikai: 落雷を聞かせて、させて雷ロール "Let Lightning Strike; Let Thunder Roll" - When activated, Raijin does not change shape or form, however the blades themselves are converted into pure electricity that not only electrocutes, but conducts high heat as well upon contact. Beyond that, Tatsumaru is surrounded with currents of lightning and is able to discharge beams of concentrated electricity from the blades or swing them to make arcs and waves. In addition, the electricity increases his speed, strength, and reaction time a great deal, as well as allowing him to impart lightning with each of his blows and electrocuting anyone who comes into physical contact with him.

Bankai: 雷神、スプリット·スカイ "Thunder God, Split The Sky" - Upon activation of his bankai, Raijin disappears and appears to meld with Tatsumaru as the blades recede into his arms. As a result, he becomes living lightning like the namesake of his Zanpakuto. He doesn't gain many new abilities, and instead benefits from extremely more powerful versions of his Shikai abilities. But as he is now made of lightning, he gains a degree of intangibility and healing as well as weather manipulation. Using this he can summon massively powerful lightning bolts from the sky and cause powerful storms.

History: Tatsumaru was a peculiar child, even among his family. Instead of playing with other children, he would be found spying on warriors training and trying to imitate their moves; sometimes he'd be missing for hours or days at a time because of his dedication. When asked why, he would always say the same thing. "I want to be the best." As it turns out, he had a natural aptitude when it came to combat, and even young, he had a high level of natural talent.

Eventually this brought him to the attention of the 2nd Division, and he was tested out of the Academy. He passed with flying colors and joined immediately. His natural skill and extreme work ethic saw Tatsumaru rise through the ranks quickly, and soon he found himself as Kira's lieutenant. He stayed with her for a while, but it was undeniable he was in a position that was below his skill and power. So he was ordered before the Captain-Commander to demonstrate his Bankai. He did so, and was promoted to the Captain of the 9th Division with the reasoning that one so skilled at infiltration and assassination would be paramount at preventing it.

BruceTheCat

@JUGGTACULAR Your sheet overall looks good Juggtacular. But I think you're stacked a little bit too high in your characters pros versus your cons. Go ahead and pull one of your your strengths, or change it to be non combat related.

Also, give him one combat oriented weakness.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

The OOC thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197251.0

Please post your character sheets here as well once you have finished with them. I am going to also create the first post later this evening so we can get started, as well as some rules on fighting and posting frequency in the OOC section.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Updated with the OOC plot and rules info for those still on the fence about joining.
- scribus1000

Angaroo

Player: Angaroo
Name: Yuki Wakahisa
Division: 4th
Appearance:

Strengths:

Kaidō Master: Being captain of the 4th Division, Yuki is currently one of the most proficient, if not best, user of Kaidō in Seretei.

Barriers: Yuki is skilled at creating barriers, both to protect herself as well as her allies.

Shunpo: Avoiding damage is essential, especially in combat. Yuki has trained her Shunpo to, not only dodge enemy attacks, but to get away quickly if need be.

Wakizashi: The wakizashi is Yuki's weapon of choice, specifically because of it's speed.

Information Sponge: Yuki is capable of retaining vast amounts of information and can just as easily relay all of the information back.

Optimistic: Perhaps Yuki's most dominating quality is that she always looks on the bright side of things and can/will try to always cheer her allies up, even in the worst of times.

Weaknesses:

Childlike: Yuki usually has the personally of a young child, sometimes even when she's in battle. Because of this, Yuki often throws temper tantrums when she is angry, laughs at almost anything that could be considered funny (someone telling a joke or someone tripping over a rock), etc.

Loudmouth: Her voice can also be extremely loud, especially when she wants something or doesn't want to do work. Yuki is also prone to yelling insults at enemies.

Procrastinator: Yuki is the kind of person who doesn't believe in deadlines, often causing her to be late to meetings, turning in reports, etc.

Candy Lover: True to her childish nature, Yuki can be easily persuaded by the promise of candy.

Darkness: Yukis only fear is the dark (more specifically, being alone in the dark). She can't fall asleep without a light on and, although she can travel alone at night, she definitely prefers to have someone with her.

Psychical Strength: Although Yuki is skilled at melee combat, she is psychically weaker than most other Shinigami, relying more on her speed and barriers to avoid being hit.

Zanpakutō:
Kami

Shikai: "Spirits Will" - Once activated, the only thing that changes is a tribal looking pattern burns itself into the wood of Kami's handle and scabbard. After Kami finishes activating, the scabbard shoots down and impales itself into the ground, momentarily pausing before the scabbard completely disappears underground. It is capable of doing this anywhere, whether it be on stone or dirt. After a few short moments, the ground surrounding Yuki gently ripples outwards, almost exactly like when a drop of water falls into a pond. Everything seems the same as it was before, except now there is a gentle mist in front of Yuki. The closer the enemy gets to Yuki, the more difficult it becomes to move, almost as if they are being slowed down by an invisible force. Even enemies who are skilled in Shunpo have difficulties making it past. If Yuki feels someone is getting to close, she can forcefully push the enemy back by concentrating the wall into a designated area.

Bankai: "Vengeful Aide" - Like the scabbard before, Kami itself actually shoots underground where, after a few seconds, the ground ripples again. The mist, now completely surrounding Yuki, is a lot thicker than before. Utilizing her Shunpo as well as the "Spirit's Will" pushing and pulling, Yuki is able to move at incredibly fast speeds as well as deal some decent damage without her weapon. She can also use this method of travel to get around the battlefield to help aid others if need be. On top of that, Yuki can keep an enemy from moving by quickly 'liquefying' and solidifying the ground, trapping the feet of the opponent. Due to Yuki's 'armor', a punch or kick is capable of sending an enemy flying through the air or towards the ground at ridiculous speeds.

History: Yuki's childhood was what one would call regular. In school, Yuki was always quick to make friends because of tendency to walk up to random kids. It also made her a lot of enemies in school as well, but she didn't really care about bullies. In fact, she'd sometimes be overly nice and talkative to them which, nine times out of ten, would really confuse them. She never had a problem with the teachers, despite her random outbursts, and she was a well liked student.

Her parents always knew Yuki, despite her flaws, was a sincerely nice girl who wanted to help others more than anything. And it wasn't just her parents that thought that. Yuki knew that wanted to help others in anyway she could. In the end, deciding to become a Shinigami was what Yuki truly wanted to do. Once training begun, Yuki made her way through the ranks, continuously impressing her superiors by learning her Kaido at a faster than normal pace. She practiced her powers every single day until she was finally promoted to Captain of Division 4, an honor that she was more than happy to accept.