What does it mean; Bacchae; under my name?

Started by Cyclops, June 29, 2008, 10:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops

See subject...

I found this on Webster's site...

Main Entry:
    Bac·chae
Pronunciation:
    \ˈba-ˌkē, -ˌkī\
Function:
    noun plural
Etymology:
    Latin, from Greek Bakchai, from Bakchos Bacchus
Date:

1 : the female attendants or priestesses of Bacchus
2 : the women participating in the Bacchanalia
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Sherona

Ever number of posts a new rank is given. 0-Virgin 1-x is Seduced etc and so forth. Whne you hit 5000 posts you move to Fae, 10000 its Carnite I believe so on and so forth :)

Cyclops

Quote from: Sherona on June 29, 2008, 10:05:52 AM
Ever number of posts a new rank is given. 0-Virgin 1-x is Seduced etc and so forth. Whne you hit 5000 posts you move to Fae, 10000 its Carnite I believe so on and so forth :)

LOL...  So I am the female attendant to a greek god of wine?

Love it.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Sherona

Quote from: titanshadow on June 29, 2008, 10:17:35 AM
LOL...  So I am the female attendant to a greek god of wine?

Love it.

*laughs* You can always suggest new names for the ranks, but not going to gaurantee that they will be changed...I think 200-250 post is the next rank.

Vekseid

Really probably ought to redo them into something a bit more sane...

Sherona

Quote from: Vekseid on June 29, 2008, 12:03:13 PM

Perhaps a post in Ontopic or suggestions asking for...well suggestions?

ZK

I think gender neutral titles would be more suitable. I've noticed a lot of the later titles tend to dance around a theme of types of Fair Folk.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper
Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane
   - 1st Book of Indoctrinations

I find sanity overrated. You may be able to tell :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Moondazed

It seems silly to be worried about the gender-neutrality of something that random?  Geez, some people take this place a bit too seriously! :D
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

Yeah, next thing you know people will be bugging about the Game Mistress rank :P

Cyclops

Quote from: moondazed on June 29, 2008, 02:24:39 PM
It seems silly to be worried about the gender-neutrality of something that random?  Geez, some people take this place a bit too seriously! :D

I really did think it was funny, I am not nor was I offended.

King_Furby

Yea you should.

ShrowdedPoet

I love the titles. . .I think they are GREAT!!!!  I really don't have a problem with them and it seems most of the people who have posted here haven't had a problem with them either.  :)
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Lithos

Got no problem with titles, and I do like them. Bacchae I liked specially since it was quite a while since I have seen that word being used :)
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Cyclops

Quote from: Lithos on July 01, 2008, 07:33:59 AM
Got no problem with titles, and I do like them. Bacchae I liked specially since it was quite a while since I have seen that word being used :)

Let me reiterate I don't have a problem with them, I just was curious.

Scott

Quote from: Sherona on June 29, 2008, 10:05:52 AM

I was wondering what the "seduced" title was, thanks for posting that, I like the help section.

Sherona

*inclines my head wtih a smile*

Any time Scott, *smiles*

Caeli

In case anyone was curious. ^_^

Name
Post Count
   Virgin
   Olive Oil
   Threesomer
   Seduced
   Sprite
   Bacchae
   Elf
   Seducer
   Fae
   Carnite
   Sidhe
   Addict
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Scott

Quote from: Caeli on September 26, 2008, 05:44:54 PM
In case anyone was curious.  ^_^

Thanks so thats what all the names are.
Hope your having a great nite!

Oniya

It's certainly an unusual sequence, numerically speaking.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xillen

Not really. The numbers in between the factors of 10 are all rounded square roots of factors of 10.

So every time you reach a new rank, you need to reach around 3.1622 times that number of posts to reach the next rank.

The only odd rank is Addict, only 18378 posts after Sidhe, which is 21622 posts after Carnite.

Vekseid

Which is only odd because Caeli made it up, the next one is at 100k : )

Oniya

Quote from: Xillen on September 26, 2008, 10:41:51 PM
Not really. The numbers in between the factors of 10 are all rounded square roots of factors of 10.

Then perhaps I should amend that to 'irrational' ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Caeli on September 26, 2008, 05:44:54 PM
In case anyone was curious. ^_^

Name
Post Count
     Virgin
     Olive Oil
     Threesomer
     Seduced
     Sprite
     Bacchae
     Elf
     Seducer
     Fae
     Carnite
     Sidhe
     Addict

so... with 31 posts you get to be me? *shudders* i apologize to everyone for that  :P
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Revolverman

Hey, I notice I have about 2x more posts then what my numbers say, whats up with that?