Mr Johnssons Calling (Shadowrun players looked for)

Started by Spider, January 03, 2009, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

well I was thinking He was sent to hunt down some Rouge Military Mage from Tir who went Awol with highly classified Bioware or something like that.

BTW Eventually I will be getting Bioware.

Starfox

Quote from: Paladin on March 03, 2009, 08:27:15 AM
well I was thinking He was sent to hunt down some Rouge Military Mage from Tir who went Awol with highly classified Bioware or something like that.

BTW Eventually I will be getting Bioware.

Could be that the mage is connected or suspected to be connected to the syndicate Keiko owes money to, and your PC is infiltrating the syndicate to find the mage. Or the mage is known to frequent some vice dens a lot, and so your character is searching those areas for him.

It's also dpeendent on your character's reasons to do shadowruns - to finance his search, or does he just do runs that further his goals, or is he using them to enhance his cover (to infiltrate an organisation by doing runs for them f.e.)?

Paladin

I would say he would need money as the Tir giving him money would be suspiciouse. The runs would also work for the other two reasosns so I'd say it is a mix of the three. I like the idea of him infiltrating the Syndicate. It sounds cool.

Starfox

Then we need a syndicate to infiltrate that fits (i.e. one your character can infiltrate). That depends on his ethnic origin too, in some cases, not just metarace. That's probably up to Spider (Mafia, Vory or Triad might work).

Another aspect is how your character stands to the fall of the old Tir government, and the new ork prince in charge - was he sent out before or after the change?

Paladin

Quote from: Starfox on March 03, 2009, 09:22:21 AM
Then we need a syndicate to infiltrate that fits (i.e. one your character can infiltrate). That depends on his ethnic origin too, in some cases, not just metarace. That's probably up to Spider (Mafia, Vory or Triad might work).

Another aspect is how your character stands to the fall of the old Tir government, and the new ork prince in charge - was he sent out before or after the change?

Fall, nothing in any of the 4th ed books I have says anything about an Ork prince. Where can I find this info?

Starfox

Paladin

Quote from: Starfox on March 03, 2009, 11:50:24 AM
Corporate Enclaves p.42 mentions it.

Dang, the one book I don't have for 4th ed. I've got all the practical books that a player would use.

Starfox

Yeah, not much in it though - just that the ecomonmy of the Tir went to hell, people were getting rebellious, and Zincan, already the token orc prince on the council, took over with the help of the media megacorp Horizon. Now Tir's economy is booming, and the old guard of the princes are hunted by the ghosts. There are some elves that want to get rid of the new princes, of course.

Paladin

Ok then. Hmm this has opourtunities. I can see him doing his job. Maybe he's hunting one of the old guard. He dosn't like it thought but He is a Ghost after all. Maybe this will change his outlook on his life and what he does.

Starfox

So, infiltrating a syndicate thought to support the old guard? Or thought to supply weapons to the rebel cells? And in what function? Hired help, or member?

Paladin

Quote from: Starfox on March 03, 2009, 12:42:44 PM
So, infiltrating a syndicate thought to support the old guard? Or thought to supply weapons to the rebel cells? And in what function? Hired help, or member?

I'd say supplying Tir weapons to Rebel cells. He'd have risen as a member in the time he's been there. and actually maybe the memory wipe thing would be  best to go away.

Starfox

Sounds good to me. Should be fun too with Keiko indebted and not too fond of metahumans, as a native Japanese.

Paladin

Quote from: Starfox on March 03, 2009, 01:24:07 PM
Sounds good to me. Should be fun too with Keiko indebted and not too fond of metahumans, as a native Japanese.

Oh thats great so they don't get along, or would he be a possible exception?

Starfox

Quote from: Paladin on March 03, 2009, 01:41:21 PM
Oh thats great so they don't get along, or would he be a possible exception?

She's indebted to the syndicate, so she has to "get along", to say it mildly. Won't like it, of course.

Paladin

Quote from: Starfox on March 03, 2009, 02:08:52 PM
She's indebted to the syndicate, so she has to "get along", to say it mildly. Won't like it, of course.

aww that sucks. I want him to start with a friend. LOL

Diabolus Lupus

Ok, I'm kinda confused here. this sounds like an interesting idea, but 4th edition of what game? If some one could tell me so that I might see if it's something I could get the grasp of that'd be great.

Spider

We are playing Shadowrun.

Its a Cyberpunk game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

You dont need any of the books if you want to play along, I will have some time in about 6 hours to help (need to catch some Zs after long day, new puter installing and an Exam which I most likely failed :) ) If you still interested Im more then willing to help with char creation and to give more details about the game world.

Diabolus Lupus

Ok, I'll look it over. and if I'm interested I'll let you know tonight after I get off work or tomorrow.

Spider

Ok people its time to start rounding up what we have and to get this baby of the ground. I want a rolecall with " general archetypes" for example Spider: Streetsam if Iwas playing a street sam, the desc doesnt have to be 100% just state your chars main function within the team.

Starfox

Player: Starfox
Character: Keiko
Role: Face/Infiltration

Starchaser

Either Hacker (Already sent to Spider by PM), of if the Hacker is taken then a wolf shaman (druid)

Paladin

Player: Paladin
Charater: :    Leshiel Akari, Undercover Tir Tangier Ghost
Role: Infiltraton/Combat Assassin

Muse

Hm...  I may have to redo my character again on account of the changing cast.  Expcect to hear from me around midnight tonight. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

The Dandy

"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]