Weird YIM link threat

Started by Kurzyk, July 19, 2010, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

I was wrong. The virus is still there. NOTHING gets Rid of it. As soon as I restart my PC its back. NOW I'm starting to get pissed.

Beguile's Mistress

Thanks for that bit of information.  I ran Norton, Avira, Adware and Malwarebytes and it's gone for now but I haven't restarted my laptop.  I'm chicken. 

Paladin

Ok folks this thing will force start your YIM program. I have my YIM set to not auto start and it sill started it. Delete your password out of the password bar or it will keep restarting your YIM and sending itself out. This thing is creepy.

Haibane

Quote from: Paladin on July 21, 2010, 10:53:57 AM
I was wrong. The virus is still there. NOTHING gets Rid of it. As soon as I restart my PC its back. NOW I'm starting to get pissed.
Malwarebytes. I keep saying it. Have you actually run that?

Cybrewaste

Ultimate way of getting rid of viruses: Format
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Oniya

Quote from: Cybrewaste on July 21, 2010, 11:12:21 AM
Ultimate way of getting rid of viruses: Format

Not always, and then you've lost all the important things that you've had on your computer.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paladin

Quote from: Haibane on July 21, 2010, 11:09:01 AM
Malwarebytes. I keep saying it. Have you actually run that?

I've ran it twice, and am running it... YET AGAIN.

Umm yea as cyberwaste says I may upgrade to windows 7 early with a full wipe and install.

Oniya

Quote from: Paladin on July 21, 2010, 11:18:51 AM
Umm yea as cyberwaste says I may upgrade to windows 7 early with a full wipe and install.

Make sure it's a zero-level, and then still install and run MWB from safe mode as the first thing you do.  I had to do that with the 'Spyware Protect 2009' virus.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Paladin

Ok, its not letting me run Malware bytes in Safe or normal mode now.

I get a 440 Runtime Error.

I'm fairly compter savvy and calm, but this thing is starting to scare even me.

Paladin

Ok Malwarebytes had to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Paladin

Ok this is what Microsoft Security Essentials found

C:\WINDOWS\jusched.exe

Now it killing that seems to stop the virus program fora  while untill I do a restart.

Can someone tell me what this is before I go into the root file and all that and hunt it down for permenent deletion?

Haibane

Is 'jisched' the right spelling? Google searches hardly know it but know lots about 'jusched' which is part of Java Runtime.

Paladin

Fixed. yes its Jushed.exe.

And MSE says its bad.

Oniya

Try to uninstall all versions of Java.  Sounds like the virus may be using Javascript as part of its function.

Paladin

Paladin

Ok I'm also going to delete and reinstall IE as I think its being affected as well. IS there a way to save my Favorites list? I have a loooooong list.

Haibane

Deleting IE does not delete your favourites though if you want to be double sure and back them up they are in docs/settings, users, etc (I'm still on XP so can't help with later versions of Windows).

If you are going to get rid of IE you way what to look at the alternatives instead of reinstalling it - I won't promote any in particular but let you think if you want to try a new one.

Oniya

IE sort of comes part and parcel with Windows.  I'm not sure it's possible to permanently delete it.  There is a function on the File menu for 'Import and Export', which will allow you to export Favorites to an HTML file. 

Paladin

Quote from: Haibane on July 21, 2010, 12:34:37 PM
Deleting IE does not delete your favourites though if you want to be double sure and back them up they are in docs/settings, users, etc (I'm still on XP so can't help with later versions of Windows).

If you are going to get rid of IE you way what to look at the alternatives instead of reinstalling it - I won't promote any in particular but let you think if you want to try a new one.

I'm on XP as well so throw me that shortcut if you will. As for IE, I enjoy it better than the others, and once Windows 7 is installed IE will be just as good.

Paladin

wow thats a whole lot easier than copy pasting each one.

Oniya

Again, I'd recommend scanning it before importing it.  I'm starting to think this one's a Java exploit rather than a nasty rootkit, but this is all going by my gut.

Cybrewaste

Quote from: Oniya on July 21, 2010, 12:40:25 PM
IE sort of comes part and parcel with Windows.  I'm not sure it's possible to permanently delete it.

You can't
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Paladin

so am I. wich would explain why I had been so frustrated.

Paladin

Oniya

You can, however, choose not to use it.  I don't think that the other browsers would be immune to a Java exploit, though.