Purgatory - Warriors & Slaves, Prestige & Survival (Low-Fantasy; Interest Check)

Started by Lunar Raven, October 04, 2015, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Spider

I was thinking I'd be a warrior but i can be a slave as well if we already have a lt of warriors. but warrior is my first choice
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

CurvyKitten

color me interested! I'll have to brain storm and come up with something great for this one. ;)

LaCroix

Expressing my interest as well and have a concept in mind for a Warrior.
Mickey Mouse's birthday being announced on the television news as if it were an actual event! I don't give a shit! If I cared about Mickey Mouse's birthday I would have memorized it years ago! And I'd send him a card, 'Dear Mickey, Happy Birthday, Love George'. I don't do that, why, don't give a shit! Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it!

Lunar Raven

A big welcome to all newcomers!  Currently, the tally for warriors and slaves appear to be:

Warriors:
Chreestafer (Male)
Golden Spider (Male)
LaCroix (Unknown)
VonDoom (Male)
Xanthaine (Female)

Slaves:
CurvyKitten (Gender pending)
Blonde (Female)
Etherealgirl (Female)
Max (Pending, Male or Female)
RampantDesires (Female)

Unknown:
CarnivalOfTheGoat
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Max

"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Lunar Raven

Idea & Request Thread

VonDoom

That reminds me: did you like any of the short concept ideas? Well, only two, really and the first one is admittedly more fleshed out as far as short concepts go, but I'm curious.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Lunar Raven

All three do look good, though I would be interested to see what you might develop for the other two.  In-universe, the magic one would have been formerly of the slave-caste, given as the warrior caste have (deliberately) too many duties to find enough time to sit back and develop the magical capability.

On that, note, I'm thinking of introducing an Outsider-group - so something like mercenaries who offer services to fortified town like Haven, though they are never fully trusted (as all outsiders tend to be in any rigidly controlled society).

Idea & Request Thread

VonDoom

I figured as much and ... err, well, included it in the brief concept idea. Did you read the text bits?

O&O

Lunar Raven

Yes I did, no worries  :-)

Just thought I'd re-mention it for the benefit of others in case it wasn't quite understood.

Idea & Request Thread

VonDoom

Ah, right. Sorry about that.

The first one is of course my favorite, hence why there were more tidbits, but I wasn't sure if the inhuman features would be a problem. I figure they could be either from feasting on demons or perhaps a result of his mother's sorcery (though there might still be rumors of demon eating).

The second one might also be interesting since after such a long time he'd be more than capable as a warrior, but employing magic would be quite a curiosity. Perhaps to shun or fear. I'd imagine him a bit M. Bisony.

O&O

Xanthaine

Drew this up a while back, seems worth revisiting character wise, a celtic inspired warrioress. Ooh, sooo much choice!

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Xanthaine on October 06, 2015, 06:21:36 AM

Drew this up a while back, seems worth revisiting character wise, a celtic inspired warrioress. Ooh, sooo much choice!
Hmmm... perhaps Boudica herself?  ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Chreestafer

Quote from: Lunar Raven on October 06, 2015, 03:19:58 AM
All three do look good, though I would be interested to see what you might develop for the other two.  In-universe, the magic one would have been formerly of the slave-caste, given as the warrior caste have (deliberately) too many duties to find enough time to sit back and develop the magical capability.

On that, note, I'm thinking of introducing an Outsider-group - so something like mercenaries who offer services to fortified town like Haven, though they are never fully trusted (as all outsiders tend to be in any rigidly controlled society).

Now you have me interested in this outsider ordeal! Damn you!!!! Hahaha :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 06, 2015, 07:15:31 AM
Now you have me interested in this outsider ordeal! Damn you!!!! Hahaha :)
Still very much a concept, though not an unreasonable one I suppose.

IMPORTANT:
As I mentioned before, I'm still deciding on whether to make this free form or a custom system of my own devising.  Those of you who want to look at it, can find it here.  It's in a half-finished state, but I think it's more or less straightforward on how it intends to accomplish results.

At this point, your opinions on whether you'd prefer free-form or this system would go a long way to helping me decide whether I should leave it and start the game sooner or finish it and start a wee bit later (it's about 1 more day from completion), so do let me know you're opinions.

Also, for those who'd prefer a system, would you be comfortable with free-form if I decide not to go with it?

Thanks.

Idea & Request Thread

Izaya Orihara

Seems interesting.

On the above note, I prefer freeform, since systems are often a bit too mathematical and technical for my liking.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

VonDoom

I also prefer consent based freeform, as in this game we can run a gamut in experience and ability from thousand year old warrior general to particularly strong willed salesman starting out just barely surviving. Or newly minted slave to slave queen sorceress. And in betweens, like my third idea, which would be difficult in a two class system.

This sort of game strikes me as a game where it would be fine to have big differences in competence, ability and power in character concept, as long as each player is happy where they are and the main OOC understanding is that mutual fun is the priority. Which is easier to do in freeform as far as I'm concerned, since it requires communication and mutual agreement in how a scene goes and is resolved.

O&O

Blonde

I would say freeform, I've never really gotten the whole system based thing.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Etherealgirl

Xanthaine

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Astrofig

Oooh, SO interested! Think I'd want a male slave. And free probably; systems just end up confusing me.

LaCroix

Mickey Mouse's birthday being announced on the television news as if it were an actual event! I don't give a shit! If I cared about Mickey Mouse's birthday I would have memorized it years ago! And I'd send him a card, 'Dear Mickey, Happy Birthday, Love George'. I don't do that, why, don't give a shit! Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it!

CurvyKitten

I am for free form honestly, it seems the focus isn't even on the combat so I don't see a need for a system. Players can figure out the outcome of things in the ooc, and if neither can decide which should win, GM has them roll a few dice. Granted i hate having a character fail because the dice bot hates me...so yeah free form works for me. :)

Also do we know when a character sheet will be up, not being pushy I swear, just had an idea perk up and want to get it down on paper before it poofs :P

Etherealgirl