[SR3] Cream of the Crop

Started by Hunter, September 10, 2010, 07:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Characters will not be approved without some kind of background.   I've got two submissions with no background that aren't going to be approved as stands.

avorae

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2010, 02:34:48 PM
Characters will not be approved without some kind of background.   I've got two submissions with no background that aren't going to be approved as stands.

No problem I will work on the Background right now.

Edit: background done and sent...
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

ReijiTabibito

Just had a lightbulb regarding somethings.

1 - The ID Flaws/Edges.  Do they work on a 1-1 basis?  In the Sprawl Guide, it says that IDs get reduced in cost by 20 percent if you take a Flaw, but they increase in price 20 percent if you take an Edge.  So, could you take both a Flaw and an Edge, and have the ID be standard price?

2 - If we're using custom lifestyles and ID Edges/Flaws, then the character Edges/Flaws in the Companion are fair game, as well?

avorae

Where are the charcter flaws and edges? I must have missed those when I was looking through the book.

ReijiTabibito

Character Flaws and Edges are in the SR Companion, pages 15-31.

avorae

Oh I thought that there where some extra ones in the Sprawl Guide that I missed. I already looked over the ones in the Companion.

ReijiTabibito

Nope.  I was talking about the Companion.

On another note, I was looking over the ID rules in the Sprawl Guide, and I noticed something.

In the 3e corebook, it says the cost of a fake credstick/ID is dependent upon the rating:

Rating 1-4: (Rating^2)*1000
Rating 5-8: Rating*5000
Rating 9-12: Rating*10000
Rating 13+: Rating*50000

But, according to the Sprawl Guide, the cost is:

(Rating^2)*100, regardless of rating level.

Hunter, am I missing something here?  I paid 9k for my fake credstick/ID.  Was I only supposed to pay 900?

avorae

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 18, 2010, 08:03:34 PM

That is the price if you make the Forged ID yourself. If you are buying it from a fixer then you use the rules from the shawrun book

Hunter

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 18, 2010, 08:03:34 PM

Hunter, am I missing something here?  I paid 9k for my fake credstick/ID.  Was I only supposed to pay 900?

A decker can (probably) forge his own.   Good luck otherwise.

And I'm still waiting on your character's background so I can make a decision.

ReijiTabibito

I'm working it up right now.  It should be a little while...should I assume something from the fact that you need it?

Also, the questions above (7 posts back), and are we allowed to use Magical Traditions from Magic in the Shadows?

Hunter

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 18, 2010, 08:32:53 PM
I'm working it up right now.  It should be a little while...should I assume something from the fact that you need it?

Also, the questions above (7 posts back), and are we allowed to use Magical Traditions from Magic in the Shadows?

Didn't see it.  All canon material allowed unless I specify otherwise.

ReijiTabibito

Cool.  ^_^  I'll probably want to make a few alterations to my character then, but nothing that would change the character's cost (ID and Character Flaws would be balanced, basically).

avorae

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2010, 08:28:43 PM
And I'm still waiting on your character's background so I can make a decision.

So is mines ok?

Hunter

avorae

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2010, 08:58:03 PM
I'll let you know once I look it over.
Ok...

To be honest wriiting histories are the one thing I suck at doing.

Hunter

You are, of course, welcome to rewrite and resubmit any character submission that hasn't been approved yet.

That aside, I still can't start without four.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  I've got the backstory all finished.  I just need to decide if I'm going to use the 5k nuyen I liberated with an Edge to either buy a new Contact, or a nice maglock and some other goodies...

Hunter

The two characters that I've received so far look fine.  I'm still needing 2-4 more characters before the game starts.

CirclMastr

I'm working on a solid backstory before I do stats.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

avorae

Quote from: KaraKres on September 11, 2010, 07:07:29 PM

My initial thought was to play a smoking-hot (is there anyother kind?) amerindian who is a Face-type character or perhaps a Former Company Woman (to use a 1st ed archetype).

Hey Karas are you still looking to play this character? Just wondering cause we still need at least one more player to get the game off the ground ;D

Hunter

Hunter

I've got two characters with one more pending.  Anyone else care to join?

(Really need four to start.)

ReijiTabibito

I think player #4 may be joining us here very shortly...

Hunter

I look forward to seeing how this game unfolds.

ReijiTabibito

Did Scya contact you about playing?  I talked to him, and he said that he was very much interested...or something to that effect.