The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 17, 2014, 12:21:08 PM
My interest in this is solid for a while yet. I have no issues with waiting...

Totally awesome to hear that!  ;D

Chrystal

Interesting.

Would a fire-nymph / salamander be possible as one of the sisters? With a scent of woodsmoke of course.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on November 17, 2014, 12:35:27 PM
Interesting.

Would a fire-nymph / salamander be possible as one of the sisters? With a scent of woodsmoke of course.

Don't see why not. I was kinda wanting to stick with flower scents, but honestly woodsmoke would be fine.

Chrystal

If you want to stick with flower scents, how does rosemary sound?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on November 17, 2014, 01:22:34 PM
If you want to stick with flower scents, how does rosemary sound?

Awesome!  ;D  Sooo... *counts on her fingers* That's 3 (4 with Lilith) possible sisters so far. Yay! Maybe this weekend I'll be able to create a char sheet for the Luminatti and post up Lilith as a reference.

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on November 17, 2014, 12:03:16 PM
Yay Cherry!

Just so everyone knows, I'll be letting this game/concept percolate for a little while. It was brought to my attention the other night that right meow isn't the best time to start a game, with the NaNo-ness and the holidays and the such going on. I think they're right. Plus, the longer it brews, the stronger it grows yes?  ::)

That actually steals nearly my exact worry when this was posted. "No, she got an awesome idea during this time." But, ya know, I'm down for some waiting. And figured you weren't gonna kick things up unless you had the proper interest.

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on November 17, 2014, 02:31:45 PM
That actually steals nearly my exact worry when this was posted. "No, she got an awesome idea during this time." But, ya know, I'm down for some waiting. And figured you weren't gonna kick things up unless you had the proper interest.

Tru dat boo. If people really like the idea I figured they'd be ok with waiting a bit.

Hazy Sky

Skyre is generally acknowledged to have the patience of a saint and will gladly wait. He will also now stop talking about himself in the third person.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

bubby

Quote from: Blinkin on November 17, 2014, 02:44:16 PM
No! I wanna go now! Now! Now! Now! *falls to the floor and kicks his feet in a tantrum*

Ok, got that out of my system, I can wait. ;)

*Snickers*

Quote from: skyre on November 17, 2014, 02:59:41 PM
Skyre is generally acknowledged to have the patience of a saint and will gladly wait. He will also now stop talking about himself in the third person.

skyre can talk in whatever person he wants, cuz skyre is all sorts of awesome like that. ;)

Chrystal

Actually, I think it's a good way of ensuring people are truely committed to the game.

Make them wait, then if they don't come back, you know they would probably have dropped out!

Derwaysh

Just so everyone knows, I'll be letting this game/concept percolate for a little while. It was brought to my attention the other night that right meow isn't the best time to start a game, with the NaNo-ness and the holidays and the such going on. I think they're right. Plus, the longer it brews, the stronger it grows yes?  ::)

No harm in that at all. In fact 'tis a win/win for all parties.

Thanks for letting us know milady. : )
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Rel Mayer

I saw YIM Chatroom RPs and it brought back very very fond memories from a long time ago. You could only have six character profiles at one time! The torture!

Let me just say that I'm very interested in this idea for whenever it launches. I'll keep an eye out!

Black Howling

Quote from: Rel Mayer on November 17, 2014, 06:11:00 PM
I saw YIM Chatroom RPs and it brought back very very fond memories from a long time ago. You could only have six character profiles at one time! The torture!

Let me just say that I'm very interested in this idea for whenever it launches. I'll keep an eye out!

*Latches onto Rel and drags her down toward the game*

Yes!!!

Rel Mayer

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Josietta

Yay Cherry!

I will be here no matter how long it takes.. It gives me more time to work out my character and get things going

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

bubby

I am totally hearting EVERYONE who's expressing interest! This gives me this squiggly squees!  ;D

Just to keep interest piqued then, I'll work on making Lilith's bio this weekend, and eventually get a character sheet template up so my sisters can begin creating.  ::)

Hazy Sky

Don't forget the victi... Err... 'Volunteer' character sheet if it needs to be different please Bubby. Thank yous.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Oh, a question:

Are we limited to one character? Because it might be fun to play a guest/wanderer/adventurer, as well as one of the sisters?

Obviously, if the answer is no, or not yet, this will not affect my declared interest, but it might force me to choose between the fire nymph and a wandering poacher, for example...

bubby

Quote from: skyre on November 18, 2014, 03:39:06 AM
Don't forget the victi... Err... 'Volunteer' character sheet if it needs to be different please Bubby. Thank yous.

*snerk* Of course m'dear. In fact, for all other chars besides the sisters I will more then likely make it a rather simple template; people can expand or not how they wish.

Quote from: Chrystal on November 18, 2014, 05:09:10 AM
Oh, a question:

Are we limited to one character? Because it might be fun to play a guest/wanderer/adventurer, as well as one of the sisters?

Obviously, if the answer is no, or not yet, this will not affect my declared interest, but it might force me to choose between the fire nymph and a wandering poacher, for example...

People can have as many characters as they want!

Chrystal

Quote from: bubby on November 18, 2014, 01:42:06 PM
People can have as many characters as they want!

I might say that is a little unwise... but I am never one to labour a point with a GM. I usually limit players to two characters each initially, usually "one of each"!

If you want to know my reasons, PM me.

Meanwhile, I shall think about two characters... :)

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on November 18, 2014, 02:16:43 PM
I might say that is a little unwise... but I am never one to labour a point with a GM. I usually limit players to two characters each initially, usually "one of each"!

If you want to know my reasons, PM me.

Meanwhile, I shall think about two characters... :)

If this were a GM/single story type of RP I'd totally get what you're driving at, but since it's pretty much a "COME ON IN AND DO WHAT/WHERE/WHEN YOU WANT" type of environment, there's no reason to limit.

bubby

I have no problem with taking a general vote then, on the yay's or nays, of say... a 3 char limit?

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on November 18, 2014, 03:50:14 PM
I have no problem with taking a general vote then, on the yay's or nays, of say... a 3 char limit?
Eh, given the general type of roleplay I wouldn't say it's needed per se. Blink brings up a valid point, however and well I guess I could see how it might dampen the mood for some people. But there's always two sides to that argument, such as how it wouldn't negatively impact others and why should they be restricted because of it.

Either way, I'm not likely to make more then a couple characters at most. So I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Black Howling on November 18, 2014, 04:08:15 PM
Eh, given the general type of roleplay I wouldn't say it's needed per se. Blink brings up a valid point, however and well I guess I could see how it might dampen the mood for some people. But there's always two sides to that argument, such as how it wouldn't negatively impact others and why should they be restricted because of it.

Either way, I'm not likely to make more then a couple characters at most. So I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

I agree with this.

I personally know that I'll probably just make one character - two if I find myself with more free time.