The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

The Lumination

A place where a weary traveler can stop for a bed, a beer or whiskey, a card game, or a warm spot by the fire; an enigma, this fire. Rumor has it that it is an everlasting flame. A place where no questions will be asked, a place where you won't be harassed, unless you manage to piss off the proprietor. Upon a massive tract of land surrounded by dense forest with a gentle river running through is an oasis of  lovely gardens, and underground hot springs, would be a large Manor; the house major. Next to this would be the Tavern/Inn itself, and well kept stables. There are no signs that lead to this place, merely word of mouth given, and the words that are spread are full of wonder. Not only due to the place itself, but because of the enigmas known as the Luminatti Sisters.

The Luminatti

Sirens. Succubi. Those words have been spoken about these women. Strong, willful, so very capable of love and hate and every emotion in-between. Seductive, gorgeous, and proud, each one so different from each other, yet holding a bond that none can tear asunder. One father, yet all having different mothers, mothers that held Power of some sort. Mothers that should have been the seducer, but had ended up being the ones seduced by the magnetic personality and power of the dark warrior Darian Luminatti.
He would seduce, he would bed, and then he would leave. For who knows how long this was his pattern, until those women he took to his bed began to bear his children, refusing to be bribed into aborting. Daughters, all. No sons. There was also the fact that the Mothers either died in childbirth, or very soon thereafter, leaving no memories for the young girls to cling to. For some reason, this man they didn't even really know made sure they were taken care of as children, made sure they always had a home, deeding them the Luminatti lands. He would come home once a year, never at the same time, staying for a few days and giving what stoic attention he could to his daughters. He was a hard man, a warrior, mystical and fierce, but he had found some place in his hard heart for the girls that had his blood.

Lilith Luminatti

The oldest of the sisters, she is also the owner and proprietor of the Lumination, her pride and joy second only to her siblings. Pale skin, platinum hair, and silvery luminescent eyes, she rules the Tavern and Inn with an iron hand, not tolerating any fighting within her establishment. She is also the family Matriarch, loving and wanting to smack her sisters around, sometimes all in the same moment. It is said her mother was an Unseelie of the Winter Court, and it is this bloodline that has caused her heart to be so cold. But this does not pertain to her family. Her love knows no bounds for them, she would kill for them, she would die for them.

What this game entails...

All righty then! Now that you've seen the Title page, you're probably going “ What the hell is this?” This is my latest Group idea, one that I'm honestly not knowing if it'll work, but why not throw it out there.
The Lumination, both tavern and inn and the main house will be to main focal point in this game. However this does't mean things can't happen in the forest/river, or any other part of the Luminatti lands. It will be freeform and totally sandbox. If you ever had an idea you wanted to play out, but had no real place to do it, why not here? Want to start general shit? Come on down. Want to try and set the forest on fire? Give it a try. Want to go soak in the hot springs? Want to be someone/thing that hunts someone/thing in the hot springs? Here! I am basing this idea off the way RP used to be back in the Yahoo user room days, which for you young kids out there means most any scenario can meet up with most any type of character(s) to play out any myriad of story ideas.
Now with that being said, I am keeping this game to a Fantasy genre. Magic, swords, fairies, werewolves. Dragons! Supernatural-ish; Dungeon&Dragon-esque. You have an odd fantasy type char? This might be the place you can fit!
Being sandbox style would not give a player free reign to pull out your Most Excellent and Awesome Super Sorcerer dude and set him to flinging about DIEDIEDIE spells though. Nor can your Gorgeous and Wondrous Blade Dancer Beauty suck in the fellas/ladies with her willowy wiles simply to eat his/her head.

… as fun as that might be... ::)

Remember, there is and always will be role play etiquette.

Characters that will be a staple of the Lumination; the Luminatti Sisters...

This game needs sisters. All the Luminatti women are born of a mother that is some sort of fantasy character. I don't care how many sisters there ends up being, as long as it is known that Lilith is the oldest, and basically the Mother of the family. I will have the final say on the best Sisters put forth for me to choose from. Some ideas (but not limited to) for that are as follows:

Sidhe
Valkyrie
Vampire
Dryad
Water Sprite
Gorgon
Lycan

Another staple of being a Sister is a natural flowery scent they have. Only one flower per sister (no duplicates) and my Lilith claims lilac. Ideas as follows:

Cherry
Rose
Lily
Marigold
Dogwood
Carnation
Chrysanthemum
Honeysuckle

The last requirement for a Luminatti is the name. All sister names should be a famous woman of fable or myth, whether from a Goddess, or a Queen, or some such. Your name need not reflect your characters 'power', they simply need to be ones that represent the force of will, the power of seduction, the strength of body these sisters should have.

All other tidbits...

Again, this game will be open to any myriad of ideas. If said idea is something a bit 'out of the box' so to speak, fear not, I'll always answer any inquiries. This will be LBGT friendly, as well as in the Extreme section simply to keep any avenue open for people. Right now this is simply the interest check phase, to see if I get any nibbles at all.

Hazy Sky

Interesting. I might have to provide a victi... Err... 'Volunteer'  for the sisters. Bookmarked.
Nice idea Bubby. Hope you're keeping well.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Black Howling

QuoteI am basing this idea off the way RP used to be back in the Yahoo user room days, which for you young kids out there means most any scenario can meet up with most any type of character(s) to play out any myriad of story ideas.

Okay, the mention of the old yahoo user rooms was almost enough to make me erase the away status on my signature and jump in head first. Mix that with your setting backdrop only proving it, and well....

...You suck....

Okay label me as interested right now. I'll see if the muse dust has cleared to where I can actually post, and if that's the case, you can count me in.

Serephino

bubby

Quote from: skyre on November 10, 2014, 07:40:07 AM
Interesting. I might have to provide a victi... Err... 'Volunteer'  for the sisters. Bookmarked.
Nice idea Bubby. Hope you're keeping well.

Thank you! And vict...errr 'volunteers' would always be welcome. ;)

Quote from: Blinkin on November 10, 2014, 08:17:05 AM
Hmmm. Might be interested. How about, as suggested, a valkerie sister? I kinda like that idea.

Sounds good. 1 possible sister down!

Quote from: Black Howling on November 10, 2014, 10:26:05 AM
Okay, the mention of the old yahoo user rooms was almost enough to make me erase the away status on my signature and jump in head first. Mix that with your setting backdrop only proving it, and well....
...You suck....
Okay label me as interested right now. I'll see if the muse dust has cleared to where I can actually post, and if that's the case, you can count me in.

Yes, yes I do suck. And I feel all sorts of special that my idea has sparked your Muse, even if it's a teeny bit! No hurries right meow, cuz this is still just in the 'interest' phase.

Quote from: Serephino on November 10, 2014, 10:37:42 AM
I might be interested.

That's wonderful!

bubby

Quote from: Blinkin on November 10, 2014, 03:12:03 PM
Name: Mist
Mist is a tall, honey-blonde and colbalt blue eyed beauty with all of the curves that makes a woman desirable. Rumored to be the daughter of one of the norse  Valkerie, her peaches and cream complexion and high cheekbones will make men wonder about her origins. The second oldest of the sisters, her  devotion to her sisters is second to nothing, except perhaps her passion for personal gratification in nearly all of it's forms. She takes her role as second oldest seriously.. in a mischievous, bold and out-going form. The owner of a fierce anger coupled with a love of the sword and it's usually best to not test her temper.

Just a first draft of an idea, but hopefully it'll meet with some approval as it's refined. Mist (One of the valkerie names of myth) is meant to be a fun-loving and passionate woman with a devotion to her sisters that'll support the big sister without being too strict.

I like it so far Blinkin! I'll jot you down as sister #1, and placemark Valkyrie for you if this thing gets off the ground.

Yukina

I think I might join. Anyone willing to make a lesbian domme character to pair with my sub?

wander

I have a half-elf archer needing to see some action, but he's a dude. Needless to say, once the game hits it's stride and the Sisters get recruited, I'm sure he'll pop on by... ;)

Black Howling

Quote from: Blinkin on November 10, 2014, 06:01:58 PM
I thought that the sisters were suppose to be strong, willful women...
I'm fairly certain that not all the females allowed into the game will have to be one of the sisters. And aside from that, I could see one being allowed as a strong minded willow tree like submissive. Submissive doesn't mean weak after all.  ;)

bubby

JUST A REMINDER:

I am basing this game off a room I used to run in the Yahoo RP rooms called the Lumination, and the Luminatti sisters were the main focal point of this, and those sisters, due to their background, were indeed very strong and willful women. Their sexual preferences were their own, and not restricted to hetero, nor did 'strong and willful' translate into utter Domme type characters. Hell, Lilith even had a non sexual submission session with her sister Cleopatra... long story..  ::)

Having the Luminatti in this game simply gives a bouncing off point per say for others to join and interact with in the beginning. HOWEVER, this is just a start. ANY type of character at ANY time can wander though this game, have some fun, and wander back out again. Anyone can interact with others at any time, in any place. It was what made the Lumination so cool. One day Lilith would simply be spending time serving people, other times she was having to rebuild her bar because a group came along to destroy it, other times she was setting mountains on fire because she had to save one sister or another from some shit. Now of course things will move along a bit slower here, but I still think the possibilities being so boundless can make it work!

wander

This seems like it would be a great game for the Red Light District once it gets going, due to wandering in and out.

bubby

Quote from: wander on November 11, 2014, 11:32:56 AM
This seems like it would be a great game for the Red Light District once it gets going, due to wandering in and out.

I don't frequent that thread/section, nor is this idea just about coming, cumming, and going. Not that I don't expect sex to happen, but I don't expect that to be the sole basis of the RP ideas that could flourish here.

....again... IF this even gathers steam.

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on November 11, 2014, 12:24:49 PM
I don't frequent that thread/section, nor is this idea just about coming, cumming, and going. Not that I don't expect sex to happen, but I don't expect that to be the sole basis of the RP ideas that could flourish here.

....again... IF this even gathers steam.

The great thing about this kind of game, or rather what use to happen all the time in the chat based user rooms, was that it was just an excellent setting where almost any story could take off and evolve into something awesome. Permanent characters who didn't always stick around, but came as they pleased generally for some off time between their 'adventures'. One of the reasons every setting generally consisted of some tavern or bar and it's surrounding areas. LOL

I'm really hoping this gathers some good steam, and people take into consideration how awesome it could be as an 'ultimate sandbox' type of thing.

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on November 11, 2014, 02:19:37 PM
The great thing about this kind of game, or rather what use to happen all the time in the chat based user rooms, was that it was just an excellent setting where almost any story could take off and evolve into something awesome. Permanent characters who didn't always stick around, but came as they pleased generally for some off time between their 'adventures'. One of the reasons every setting generally consisted of some tavern or bar and it's surrounding areas. LOL

I'm really hoping this gathers some good steam, and people take into consideration how awesome it could be as an 'ultimate sandbox' type of thing.

What Howling said!

Bloodied Porcelain

I haven't settled on a race yet, but I'd like to reserve a spot as one of the sisters and snag Honeysuckle as the scent. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

Also, would it be possible to snag the spot as the youngest of the sisters? I may have an idea if I can play the "baby". :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Deamonbane

I take it that the character Darian Luminatti is not up for grabs?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Crash

Cool concept bubby!  When I am done with school I will check it out.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

bubby

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 12, 2014, 08:17:43 AM
I haven't settled on a race yet, but I'd like to reserve a spot as one of the sisters and snag Honeysuckle as the scent. :D
Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 12, 2014, 08:27:26 AM
Also, would it be possible to snag the spot as the youngest of the sisters? I may have an idea if I can play the "baby". :D

You got it BP! Honeysuckle and baby sister for you!

Quote from: Blinkin on November 12, 2014, 08:21:09 AM
Oh, forgot the scent. I was going to go with honeysuckle, but would mistletoe be ok? It's a pleasant, "natural" clean scent.

You bet. Any scent is fine, as long as it doesn't get duplicated.

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 12, 2014, 10:45:15 AM
I take it that the character Darian Luminatti is not up for grabs?

Actually, if you are interested in the Darian character, how about you PM me and we can discuss it.

Quote from: Crash on November 12, 2014, 12:17:19 PM
Cool concept bubby!  When I am done with school I will check it out.

Yay! Would love to see you around!

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 12, 2014, 02:55:55 PM
Okay, I'll shoot you a PM once I get home. Leaving work now.

*Blinks.. coughs.. nods a bit..*  Whaa...? Oh yes, ok.. um.. nice avi...

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Derwaysh

I do, I really do fancy a sandbox atmosphere where one can churn whatever tales they can with interesed parties. ;D

That being said I think I might have a plot or two for this lovely setting. I really don't have a preference when it comes to playing one of the Luminatti sisters or one of the many visitors who stumble upon this realm, or the sexuality or gender of it. So I'll wait on that and if need be, simply select whomsoever's left over. : )
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

bubby

Quote from: Josietta on November 16, 2014, 02:14:21 PM
*pencils her name in with a "Cherry Blossom" added next to it*

Yay Cherry!

Quote from: Derwaysh on November 16, 2014, 09:00:17 PM
I do, I really do fancy a sandbox atmosphere where one can churn whatever tales they can with interesed parties. ;D

That being said I think I might have a plot or two for this lovely setting. I really don't have a preference when it comes to playing one of the Luminatti sisters or one of the many visitors who stumble upon this realm, or the sexuality or gender of it. So I'll wait on that and if need be, simply select whomsoever's left over. : )

Just so everyone knows, I'll be letting this game/concept percolate for a little while. It was brought to my attention the other night that right meow isn't the best time to start a game, with the NaNo-ness and the holidays and the such going on. I think they're right. Plus, the longer it brews, the stronger it grows yes?  ::)

Deamonbane

My interest in this is solid for a while yet. I have no issues with waiting...