Exalted 2.0

Started by Valkyr, September 22, 2008, 08:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyr

I’m not sure if it’s cool that one of first posts I make is an attempt to wrangle a storyteller but, here goes nothing.

I’m looking to play in a second edition exalted game, that’s main goal involves retaking Thorns from the Mask of Winters, and possibly even eliminating the Deathlord himself and his legion including the Juggernaut.  Before that, it could be a simple search for clues to find the Mask’s weakness, eliminating his power base in the scavenger lands and recruiting an army to assist in the coming battle.  Though, I’m open to just about anything, I’d like to find a circle as well instead of a single player campaign.

I’ve got a basic sketch of the type of character I’d like to play, a Thorns survivor and a member of the royal guard who escaped and exalted on the evening of the battle.  She will be blessed with a Zenith Exaltation.  She is shamed by her defeat, and throws her heart and soul into the purifying of the once great city.  Along the way, she discovers her knack for Righteous Devil Style.  Now, she travels the savage land looking for others like herself, who are prepared to do whatever it takes in her quest.

I would like to use the “Established” Solar rules from Lords of Creation.
Ons and Offs

This was never my world, you took the Angel away....

CaptainErotica

Sounds like fun. If I can find the rules online or something i would love to give this a try or even be the Storyteller once i get the rules down.

How much if any erotica were you looking for? nothing wrong with a straight up game, but this is an adult rp site after all.

Oh and I am in love with your AV.

*Gets on one knee and proposes to her AV*

Valkyr

I don't mind adult content in the game as long as it doesn't bog down the story.  Exalted can involve epic romance as much as it can involve epic action,  and Creation isn't without its deviancy.

*grin*  Thanks,  I was thinking of something a little different for her appearance though. 
Ons and Offs

Pumpkin Seeds

I wouldn't be opposed to playing in a game if a circle is forming.  I'm a little slow though from school during the week, but can certainly give it a try.

HairyHeretic

Basic rules for Exalted aren't too bad to learn. Roll (stat + skill + modifiers) d10s, any 7s or better are successes. You need X successes to do whatever you were trying to do.

Exalted is pretty popular, so the rules are generally torrented within days of a new book coming out. I'm a rather big fan of it myself, and have a complete set of books, 1st and 2nd ed both. Likewise, if a circle is forming, I'd be interested.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Valkyr

This is completely off topic but the Monkey King is a bad ass...
Ons and Offs

Pumpkin Seeds

Well it looks like a Circle is coming together if a GM is interested in playing with them.

CaptainErotica

How different is 2.0 compared to core Exhalted?

Muse

Me me!  Pick me, pick me! 

i'm running two exalted games here, both recruiting, but neither fit what you're describing, and I'd love a chance to play. 

Robguy, 2,0 is much more streamlined for tabletop play, but the tick system for initiative rather than the turn system can be dificult online. 

I'll be happy to help you with the new edition. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CaptainErotica

I was asking because I can get a *legal* PDF of the origional Rules, but would have to seek other means to get the 2.0 rules.

Vekseid

The 2nd edition rules have a lot of similarities, but you can see most of the important differences in the Return to the Tomb of Five Corners pdf.

For myself, I'm still looking for someone to run a high-powered empire building game... anywhere is fine, really.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Valkyr on September 23, 2008, 02:49:01 AM
This is completely off topic but the Monkey King is a bad ass...

Yup. Got to admire someone who can fight the entire Hosts of Heaven to a standstill  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 23, 2008, 01:06:25 PM
Yup. Got to admire someone who can fight the entire Hosts of Heaven to a standstill  :D

I wonder what kind of Exalted the Monkey King would be?  Solar or Sidereal?

HairyHeretic

If you take him pre-Heaven, I'd almost be inclined to say Lunar. He was a monkey to start with, after all.

After his exploits in Heaven, Sidereal is probably a better fit, but he is more along the lines of a God at that point, at least in terms of powers.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

I do kind of agree with the Sidereal, especially if someone said Chosen of Journeys..or maybe a very riddle leaning Chosen of Secrets.  Though I wonder if it would work better if he was Solar so that goofy attitude might fit better.

HairyHeretic

I'm not sure I'd call his attitude goofy. Irreverent might be better. Have you read Journey to the West, or just seen one of the films with Monkey?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

KingMob

*raises hands*  Me.  As in, I want to play.  Granted, straight-up Exalted 2e -does- make my teeth hurt slightly, and I'll have to review Dreams of the First Age for the 'Established' rules, but I'm determined to play an artifact-crafting, nation-annihiliating Twilight, even if it kills me.

Granted, as I've pointed out previously, the challenge with Exalted games is finding an ST.

Pumpkin Seeds

Yeah that does seem to be the issue unless Robguy is wanting to shoulder the pain.

CaptainErotica

I've never played 1.0 let alone 2.0. I'm far from qualified to be the ST. However, if I can get a hold of the the right books i can read up on it and give it a go. If I find it in PDF form (Can get 1.0 this way) then I could be ready to go by next week. If I try to order through amazon it will take longer -not wanting to do that anyway because shipping would cost me more than the book itself. Anyway if that doesn't scare everyone off I'll keep you posted.

KingMob

Robguy:  My understanding of certain matters is that it's relatively simple to find less-than-legal copies of virtually all the 2e and 1e books.

So I've heard.

For a more -legal- manner of going about and purchasing the books in a timely fashion, you can head over to Drivethrough RPG, which allows you to purchase and download all the Exalted 2e/1e books in PDF format.

You can also login and download 'Return to the Tomb of Five Corners' for free, which offers a preview and premade charachters/scenario for 2e play.

CaptainErotica

Yeah I saw the Exhalted books on Drivethru, but thought it was 1.0. I also don't mind using a torrent, but either way i need to get my desktop rebuilt first. I'm hoping to have it up and running in the next week or two. This month hasn't been kind to my spending allowance since school was on summer break my pay was only 50% of my normal pay. Anyway thanks for the information. I'll take another look at Drivethru.

Muse

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 24, 2008, 02:44:10 AM
I'm not sure I'd call his attitude goofy. Irreverent might be better. Have you read Journey to the West, or just seen one of the films with Monkey?

If you read the first half of Monkey/Journey to the West, you'll find that Monkey is in fact an Earth Elemental.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CaptainErotica

i just picked up the 2.p rules book and a heaping handful of others so I am willing to give St a try as lnog as you don't mind giving me a few days to read the rules, and have patience with me being a new ST. I do have tons of GM/ST experience in other systems so it shouldn't be too bad.

KingMob

Quote from: Robguy on September 25, 2008, 06:24:35 AM
  i just picked up the 2.p rules book and a heaping handful of others so I am willing to give St a try as lnog as you don't mind giving me a few days to read the rules, and have patience with me being a new ST. I do have tons of GM/ST experience in other systems so it shouldn't be too bad.

I promise to be gentle.

Mostly.

Seriously, I'm -so- not going to to complain if you're willing to give ST'ing Exalted a shot.