The Motherland Calls. Alien invasion survival themed group game.

Started by Dashenka, March 19, 2016, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

The Motherland Calls

OOC thread

The world has come under attack. They came out of nowhere and it happened fast. Before the governments could give out warnings or send out troops, the casualty rate had soared to millions worldwide.  Countries slid into anarchy in mere hours and people who fell behind just disappeared.

Nobody know what they are, where they came from or how to fight them. Some say they are vulnerable to simple things as knifes and guns, others say nothing works against them.

After the initial onslaught, all over the world clusters of survivors begin to appear, trying to fight back and find a way to make earth their home again.

Our group starts off in the Russian capital, Moscow, during and right after the initial attack. One of the Kremlin honour guards, played by me, is the last of the guards and has control of a radio. As she gathers more and more survivors, she realises that the world has changed and that the old rules and laws no longer apply.

As the group scrambles for safety, one night they hear a continuous broadcast on the old radio.

"We have weapons. We have food and shelter. Together, we can fight back and claim back our home. Rodina-Mat' zovyot! The Motherland Calls."

Cryptic for most, my character knows where they have to go and sets off with the group to meet the survivors.

Wow that sounds pretty great but what is it?
It is a semi post apocalyptic survival game. Initially everything will work as it did. Water continues to be pumped through the pipes, electricity will be on, etc, etc. Later on, more and more will shut down, leaving what's left of mankind struggling to survive.

Aww. So no smut then?
This is Elliquiy. Smut and sex is part of the game. Just keep it semi realistic. I will allow BDSM and stuff like that but again, realistic. The chances of you surviving, bound up, naked and led on a leash are slim to none. A man and a woman (or two men or two women) frustrated about the situation having hot steamy sex is completely fine. Dominant and submissive characters are fine but please, this is above all survival.

What am I looking for?
I'd like realistic and normal everyday characters. You can have a skill or two but nothing superman. Ideally I'd get around five to eight dedicated players. I will only allow males to play males and females to play females. There are a few exceptions on this rule.

Why Russia and why Moscow?
Simple. I think Russia is an interesting setting compared to Europe or the US. Firstly because it's going to be very cold (the aliens attacked in winter). Secondly because the infrastructure isn't as good as in the afore mentioned regions, therefore making survival perhaps a bigger challenge. The cars though, are more robust and reliable. Moscow is the most international city in Russia and thus the most realistic place for international characters.

What are those damned aliens?
The aliens are creatures that need a human body as a host. Once they taken over the host, they drain the power if it's male and able to change into whatever form they wish. If it's female, the breed the life out of them in special places to reproduce.

They are not hyper intellectual or strong and can easily be killed by weapons. Their strength lies in numbers and they can blend in large groups because they can have a human appearance. I'm guessing their normal form is large, perhaps tentacled monstrosities. They have the ability to lure prey with pheromones etc.

I do like to stress out that the game is about survival. You won't get caught, unless you specifically want to but we'd have some serious plotting to do when that happens.

So, what else?
Nothing much really. Except for the fact that although it's mostly a free game, I will at times move the game forwards. This is to prevent dragging scenes out for too long.

If you are interested but unsure what to play, let me know and maybe I can help.

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Image URL (Only real life pictures NO Anime!)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Character Name
[b]Age:[/b] How old is the character?
[b]Nationality:[/b] Where is the character from?
[b]Occupation:[/b] What does the character do?
[b]Residence:[/b] Where does the character live? If not in Moscow, which hotel?

[b]Short description:[/b] What is important to know about the character? What does it like or don't like, etc.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Vonandi

I'm really interested. The games I've attempted to join so far in which smut is low or secondary never seem to get off the ground, but here's to hoping. Also I'd really like to play a Russian character but I don't know a lick of Russian, and my knowledge of eastern European culture is menial at best so i'm not sure how that would work...

Dashenka

Well the language we use here is just English.

Not really in the mood to teach everybody who's interested some Russian :P So you can just play a Russian character who speaks English?

RedEve

I'm interested in this.

Does everyone have to play a character who would come in handy in a survivalist type scenario?

I see myself more playing an average Jane who is in way over her head.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Dashenka

Actually I prefer average, normal every day people.

My character will be a guard who's never seen battle for real. She had training but that's it. So yeah, average Jane is perfect.

RedEve

I'm leaning towards a young woman who was at a nightclub at the time of the attack.

BTW, I'm not sure if it was at all your inspiration, but the combination of a Moscow setting and an alien attack reminded me of this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ42p40qDEc

:-)

Dashenka

That's partly it. Also because I know Moscow very well obviously :D

CyrusTheRed

I'm most definitely interested, I love apocalypse settings and Russian history and culture. I think I would like to play something like an Automotive Engineer from the USA, someone that can help the party stay mobile and I'd love to explore the relationship dynamic between survivors of the last super power nations now not so super.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Dashenka

Quote from: CyrusTheRed on March 20, 2016, 10:54:57 AM
I'm most definitely interested, I love apocalypse settings and Russian history and culture. I think I would like to play something like an Automotive Engineer from the USA, someone that can help the party stay mobile and I'd love to explore the relationship dynamic between survivors of the last super power nations now not so super.

That's good but let's keep the politics to a minimum :D I've been in trouble because of that before. I want to stay very clear of that :D

CyrusTheRed

Quote from: Dashenka on March 20, 2016, 11:00:45 AM
That's good but let's keep the politics to a minimum :D I've been in trouble because of that before. I want to stay very clear of that :D
I'm with you there, I wasn't thinking politics per say in a "hurr durr America/Russia is blah" but rather the cultural differences between characters.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Dashenka

Dashenka

I think we should start thinking about what kind of aliens we're dealing with.

Any suggestions?

CyrusTheRed

Really depends what kind of flavor everyone is looking for, do we want a more Sci Fi game or a Horror theme? The 'Metro' video game series had some interesting monsters, I think they are mutants but we can give them any backstory we want. Also the fungus zombies from 'The Last of Us' were a pretty exciting enemy. We could have "Space Fungus Zombie Aliens" instead. Check them out at your leisure.

http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Mutants
http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/The_Infected

Vonandi

I'd largely prefer the horror variety. at least in spirit. To me the most interesting kinds of aliens are one who's physiology and motives are so beyond human understanding that their very existence is terrifying, and... you know... 'alien'. Huge fan of aliens like the thing, and also aliens that are just mindless endlessly multiplying viruses like the necromorphs and the flood. Not a huge fan of hyper intelligent "take over the planet because reasons" sort of aliens, more the cosmic horror type in the sense that either we are but a speck of dust to these creatures and the universe or the sense that intelligence is an evolutionary dead end and we are nothing but meat to these creatures who will inevitably wipe us out due to a quirk of reproduction.

CyrusTheRed

I fully agree, Aliens should be creepy scary.

gaggedLouise

Definitely interested, both in the post-apocalyptic survival theme and the Russian winter setting.

The range of alien creatures from the metro game (originally set in a half-abandoned, stricken Moscow, of course) is impressive and they look very cool and scary...not sure if we would realistically have the weapons needed to fight them on sight though.  ;) But we'll get to discuss a whole set of questions I guess.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dashenka

I don't mind the big scary horror aliens but they shouldn't be too powerful. There has to be a human way to defeat them.

Same goes for the viruses. There has to be a chance that mankind can survive.

As for a reason and their motives... How about they use humans as a host for their offspring? Females to breed, males to feed on. This immediately gives them a good reason to concentrate their efforts on the big cities. In the countryside, humans would be reasonably safe as the population of aliens would be a lot less. Maybe they even need a human body as a host and once it's spent, they need a new one.

They could be killed by killing the human host and preventing them from getting a new host. Without a host they are very vulnerable and easy to kill.

Their appearance could be anything as the human body is just weak and fleshy.

gaggedLouise

That sounds (brutally) logical. Dasha - they would want humans as hosts. I'm not personally attracted to getting impregnated by an alien tentacled creature or such, but I guess I'll just have to make sure this doesn't happen. ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dashenka

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 22, 2016, 04:33:00 AM
That sounds (brutally) logical. Dasha - they would want humans as hosts. I'm not personally attracted to getting impregnated by an alien tentacled creature or such, but I guess I'll just have to make sure this doesn't happen. ;)

Nobody does and nobody in our group will. Because if they get to you, they won't let you go :D

Maybe some of us will have feverish dreams about it but that's as close as it will get :)

Dashenka

Okay updated the aliens and created a character sheet.... Also gave the topic a catchier name :)

Please post the characters here.

RedEve

Name: Anastasiya Volkova
Nationality: Russia, born in Saint-Petersburg
Residence: Moscow
Short description: Anastasiya is the youngest of five children. She is the apple of her parents eyes, but also a cause of much concern. Unlike her siblings, she is not a very serious child. Her siblings used their upper-middle-class background to carve out a successful path for themselves. For Anastasiya, life is more about having fun. Thus her parents worry about having to support their youngest child for perpetuity, as her academic career so far does not suggest it leading to a good job after graduating. Her modeling career is local and very sporadic, meaning she would not be able to support herself on that should she drop out of school. She is very sexually active but not exclusive with anyone. She had her last real boyfriend at age 19 and has little interest in tying herself down to just one person.
additional photograph

pcnovaes

So setting sounds a lot like metro 2033. I want in. What do I need to put on the sheet?

Dashenka

pcnovaes

http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/880/880227.jpg
Name:João da Silva
Nationality:Brasil
Residence: Was staying in a hotel in the center of Moscow while took part in a conference.
Short description: A biologist who had big research projects which got frustated by the lack of investment of his country. Now he just teachs at college to pay the bills like everyone else. He is bisexual and has sex whenever possible, but never had any interest in a serious relationship.

Dashenka

Name: Zoya Semenova
Nationality: Russian
Residence: Moscow

Short description: Zoya comes from a normal family. She was born in the far east but was drafted for the Kremlin guard two years after she enlisted. Although she had training, she has never been in a real fight before. The distance between her and her family means she doesn't see them a lot, something she has learned to live with but not always making it easier. Zoya is friendly and helpful but those colleagues that try to put her down, because she is a woman, will soon learn she can hold her own. She doesn't have a boyfriend, saying that most boys would be scared off by her job but she has some friends with benefits.

There are no real future plans yet. The army is not her passion and she only enlisted because at the time, she felt her country was in need of her services. Her hobbies consist of dancing and drawing.