Who's Online Issue

Started by persephone325, July 02, 2015, 03:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Sometimes I like to creep around and see who's doing what around the site.

But I have this weird issue where certain members are "stuck" in an endless cycle of doing the same thing. For example, BeMi has been listed as viewing the forum stats for about 4 months. Either she's SUPER interested in how the forum is doing, or I have some sort of issue.

I've cleared the cookies and logged out and back in, but it's still happening.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nadir

Drake Valentine

Try constant refresh.

Sometimes people are just super aware of being hunted.  ::)

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cycle

I just looked and at 4:05, BeMi was looking at "Hating Life Right Now."

So...  maybe your browser is borked?

On a related note though, would it be possible to make Buddies a different color instead of just bold?  Like Orange or something?  Sometimes when I am trying to choose which thread to reply to, I like to see if my partner is around.  If one is, and one isn't, the one that is may get priority.  ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Cycle on July 03, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
I just looked and at 4:05, BeMi was looking at "Hating Life Right Now."

So...  maybe your browser is borked?

On a related note though, would it be possible to make Buddies a different color instead of just bold?  Like Orange or something?  Sometimes when I am trying to choose which thread to reply to, I like to see if my partner is around.  If one is, and one isn't, the one that is may get priority.  ;)

Maybe my browser is just mad at me for something. lol

That's another thing I was thinking about. Sometimes I can have as many as 10 buddies online and it can be hard to find them.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Vekseid

Could be a 'lucky' streak.

Does this happen in multiple browsers?

persephone325

Not sure now. It says BeMi is viewing her profile. I also checked in Firefox and it says the same thing.
I don't know.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: persephone325 on July 03, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Maybe my browser is just mad at me for something. lol

I doubt it, the simplest solution, and I wasn't jesting, is to constant refresh the online list if you really determine to see.

I got bored and did similar myself, sure enough BeMi likes to hang out on the Stats page a lot, but I saw her check her messages at one point and another look at her profile.

But I digress, stalking is not fun. :P

If you really want to see. The easiest approach would be to see when that person is online. Bam random message. And then watch. ^^

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

scribus1000

Not sure if it's relevant, but one night I had reopened my browser (I believe I closed it not long before), and found my name listed twice on the board I was looking at, as well as that 'who's online' section when I checked. Never happened again, but I think it worth noting.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Drake Valentine

Quote from: scribus1000 on July 03, 2015, 11:52:21 PM
Not sure if it's relevant, but one night I had reopened my browser (I believe I closed it not long before), and found my name listed twice on the board I was looking at, as well as that 'who's online' section when I checked. Never happened again, but I think it worth noting.

I am gonna try that when I get home. Which one is real me? >:)