Language use

Started by Victor, July 15, 2010, 04:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

I have a list of story ideas I want to most in the "One on One / Solo Roleplays Wanted" forum. I did not attempt to be vulgar but I did what to describe them to make clear what I felt to be necessary details.

Before I post I would like to know if there are restrictions on language use or something like that (being a new member I don't want to get banned after less than a day).

Thanks.
"When the Lion fawns upon the Lamb, the Lamb will never cease to follow him." - Shakespeare

Lilias

The civility rule applies when you address other members OOC. Within your stories, though, it's all up to yourself and your partner(s). As long as you do them the courtesy of making sure they're okay with (X, Y or Z) beforehand, feel free to make troopers blush! ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Ket

Remember that request threads are in the public area of the site, so they must stay PG-13. If you want to get into major detail about certain kinks, a good place to do so would be in your Ons/Offs thread, which you can link in your signature.

As for curse words, we ask that you use them sparingly.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Victor

Alright thanks... that's what I wanted to know. =)

Would the best thing to do then is ask people to check my O/Os (since it is restricted to forum members).
"When the Lion fawns upon the Lamb, the Lamb will never cease to follow him." - Shakespeare

Lilias

It's a good idea to link your O/Os in your signature and point people there. You don't want to waste time with incompatible lists, do you?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Caeli

Also, for the sake of your own peace of mind, using "strong language" in and of itself is not a bannable offense. As Lilias stated, where language comes afoul of rules would be if they were being directed at another individual or group of individuals.

Even then, most people are merely warned, especially for a first offense. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Victor

That's good to know... this forum is AWESOME!!!... so I'd like to stick around.