Dragon Hunters (OOC + Character sheets - 2 spots newly opened)

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FazzEagle

Crowe

I'm happy to report that I feel a lot better now so I won't be going to the hospital after all. Anyway, are you guys still up for this? I've checked but seen no replies. I hope we are able to resume this story.

FazzEagle

Not sure. I was waiting for MiaKage to post the whole time but it never came.

Crowe

Crowe

Ok, we're all still in ;D

I think it would be better for us that Taven take Claira. That way, our heroes can have a more exciting adventure through the Frostbacks without babysitting. They will still try to follow Taven's trail to reach Claira's father at West Hill, but through a more dangerous road.

But right now, to spice things up, we could have a band of thieves try and ambush the meeting so we can exercise the characters' fighting abilities  :D

Go ahead and post first, Fazz, and we'll take it from there.

FazzEagle

Seventh

If you've still got that open space, I'd be thrilled to take part! Do let me know if anything doesn't work for you, and I'll try to change it~
I generally prefer to provide my own pictures, but my main PC (on which I do all my drawing) is... well, broken really. So I've just added in an appearance section - I hope that it's detailed enough to replace the need for a picture.

Name: Vetur Maekirbjorn
Title: Warden Commander
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Weapons: Longsword (Swordhand) / One-handed Waraxe (Off-hand)
Appearance: Stoutly built, six-foot-five and with a hard body on a broad frame, Vetur is a hardened warrior as is typical of the Wardens of Weisshaupt. For despite their numbers, it is a difficult existance, one entirely reliant on the ability to survive and weather the waves of darkspawn. His eyes are vivid and bright, grey in colour so that they glimmer like sharp steel. His hair is a pale blonde, and falls across his brow in thick strands. His face is angular, with shallow cheeks giving him a cold, slightly gaunt look. Lastly, a fading white scar runs in an uneven, horizontal line from the bridge of his nose to his left ear, from which hangs a single drake-tooth earring.
He primarily wears the armour of his office - the Warden Commander,
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
but against the cold of the Anderfels and the Tevinter borders where his outpost lies, he also wears a silver and white fur cloak and hood.
Special Talent: Tainted by the Joining. Allows Vetur to sense darkspawn, and darkspawn him.
Birthplace: The Anderfels
Family: Has a number of family members in the villages that lie in the shadow of Weisshaupt.
Background:
Born in the harsh lands of the Anderfels, Vetur grew up rough and in relative poverty. With a lineage of Wardens in his family line, Vetur followed his siblings and chanced his life in the Joining - and survived where two of his brothers did not. He rose within their ranks over the years, eventually coming to be the Commander of his own outpost in a distant corner of the lifeless Anderfels.

Recently however, a rare messenger brought word from the First Warden. Men were needed to undertake a political mission to strengthen ties with the Penteghasts of Nevarra. Details were scarce, but they involved Drake's Fall and a rising number of dragons - a creature that shared a body with the Archdemons. With whispers of a brewing Blight, the connection needed to be addressed...

Crowe

That's a cool profile. It will be interesting to see it develop. I'll give you a quick run-down of what happened so far and what's happening at the moment.

The party intercepted a smuggling operation on The Revenant, the ship that brought them to Jader, in which Blood Mages and Reavers were hired to bring Drakes to Jader. The party kill the two Drakes along with the smugglers on the ship. Hidden amongst the cargo was a little girl, Claira, who is a mage. Then they learn that Claira's father was the one who paid for her and the Drakes to be smuggled out of Nevarra but he is working for a noblewoman in Ferelden.

At the moment, the party has met with Taven, the elf that is to take the girl to her father, behind a Jader inn called the Black Rune Inn. Claira's father is waiting for her in an abandoned fortress in West Hill, Ferelden. The party's goal is to cross the Frostback Mountains and reach West Hill to learn more about the Drakes, and particularily why they were being smuggled, from the girl's father. But just as they thought that the exchange had gone well and Claira was going to be returned hom safely, a band of thieves surround them and try to mug them. That's where we're at right now.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. ;)

Seventh

Ah, thanks for the summary! Though I did read the whole thread anyway, just to check it out really~

I'm not too sure when/how to drop into the current story, though... Maybe I'll just make a post on Vetur's journey thus far, and perhaps step in towards the end of this encounter with the theives - how does that sound? Or do you have a better suggestion for an intro~?

Crowe

I think that sounds good. Like them being overwhelmed by the thieves' numbers and having Vetur come in to whip everyone around before they make introductions.

And, btw, that's pretty awesome that you actually read the whole thing :D

Seventh

Alright, then that's what I'll have Vetur do! I'll just write this first post covering his journey to Jader, including his time on The Revenant, and then I'll hold off until the thieves numbers thin down a bit~

Heh, well I've always had a habit of trying to catch up with an RP if it isn't too long before I join in. This one was fairly short, so it was alright! Gives me a bit of an idea of what your characters are like - though of course Vetur will find out on his own~

Crowe

FazzEagle

Crowe

Yeah, if there's a conversation going on or if there's just two people alone, it's fine to post back to back a little bit.

Seventh

Ah okay, should I just post then? Or would you prefer I wait for MiaKage?

I generally wait my turn until told that someone wants their turn skipped because they have nothing to say or whatever the reason, which is why I hadn't replied to Eira's questioning yet.

Crowe

I'm sure it's fine for this situation at least. I wait when there's an action left to be done or something left to be said or answered.

Crowe

I'll let the others reply before I do so they can introduce themselves.

Happy Holidays everyone!! ;D

Lavinia

Might consider popping in on this one if it's still well and active. Have you any need of an apostate? o.o

Crowe

A mage, of any allegiance, is welcome, yes :-)

If you're interested, go ahead and read the summary I wrote on this page (2) for Seventh. And if you have any questions or ideas for how to join the party, I'm all about collaborating ;D

Lavinia

Hmm, how would the group feel about protecting an apostate who has fled from the tower in Fereldan? I know it's a tad cliche but -shrugs- I'm a bit short on clever ideas right now. However, if you have some way to connect a run-away mage into the main plot, do let me know and I can craft a background accordingly.

Crowe

Sorry for the late reply :-\

Hmm, at this point, I think it fits with the timeline we're working with, so its fine.