Vampire the Masquerade: Seattle by Night [closed for now! Thank you, all! <3 ]

Started by Blythe, August 27, 2016, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Hi, all! As the title suggests, I am looking to run a large semi-sandbox Vampre the Masquerade system game that will go in Extreme Small Groups. It will use the Revised rules. You can find more information about everything about it in my World Building Thread! Please don't post in that world building thread; if you'd like to play, post here in this interest check!

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

But to talk a bit about what I'm wanting to run: this would be about the city of Seattle and the personal horror and politics of the Kindred and people within it. It will be possible to have alliances and rivalries with other characters, and characters will be able to try to climb the political ladder or try to get by night to night. The game will mostly be sandbox, but I will create some GM events to provide some guidance and excitement. This may even include some Sabbat attacks, although combat won't be a major focus of the game. To create a character or know if this game is right for you, at minimum you should read the 'Game Information' &
'System and Character Info' in the Worldbuilding thread. For more advanced VtM players, the 'FAQ' at the bottom will also prove helpful. Please make sure to read things thoroughly! If there is enough interest, I'll work on more details for the game.

I'm also tentatively looking for a co-GM, although I can run this on my own if I need to. I'm familiar enough with VtMs mechanics that it should not be a problem.

Anyways, I wanted to get this up for now, and I'll leave it up a few days to see what sort of interest it gets. I can help anyone that needs help with chargen and answer any questions you might have. I'm aware the world building thread is a bit large. My replies may be a bit slow until Monday, though, so I hope that doesn't discourage anyone! :-)

~ Game Threads ~

Only approved players should post in the OOC. You'll know if you're approved because I will announce it in the Interest Check, and then I will post your character in the CS thread myself.

Character sheet template!

Name:
Clan:
Gender/Sex:
Nature:
Demeanor:
Generation:

Attributes

Strength: *
Dexterity: *
Stamina: *

Charisma: *
Manipulation: *
Appearance: *

Perception: *
Intelligence: *
Wits: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Disciplines:

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:

Self-Control/Instinct:

Courage:

Humanity/Path:

Willpower:

Blood Pool:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)

Flaws: (list points!)

Personality: Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

History: What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

Your O/Os for this character: Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Grab the coding here
[float=left][img height=250 padding=6]http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a0ipMDoC1rrsh57o1_1280.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]

[spoiler=Attributes]
[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[b]Charisma:[/b] *
[b]Manipulation:[/b] *
[b]Appearance:[/b] *

[b]Perception:[/b] *
[b]Intelligence:[/b] *
[b]Wits:[/b] *
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[i]Alertness:[/i]
[i]Athletics:[/i]
[i]Brawl:[/i]
[i]Dodge:[/i]
[i]Empathy:[/i] 
[i]Expression: [/i]
[i]Intimidation:[/i]
[i]Leadership:[/i]
[i]Streetwise:[/i]
[i]Subterfuge:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]Animal Ken:[/i]
[i]Crafts:[/i]
[i]Drive:[/i]
[i]Etiquette:[/i]
[i]Firearms:[/i]
[i]Melee:[/i]
[i]Performance:[/i]
[i]Security:[/i]
[i]Stealth:[/i]
[i]Survival:[/i]

[b]Knowledges:[/b]
[i]Academics:[/i]
[i]Computer:[/i]
[i]Finance:[/i]
[i]Investigation:[/i]
[i]Law:[/i]
[i]Linguistics:[/i]
[i]Medicine:[/i]
[i]Occult:[/i]
[i]Politics:[/i]
[i]Science:[/i]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages]
[b]Backgrounds:[/b]

[b]Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Virtues:[/b]
[i]Conscience/Conviction:[/i]

[i]Self-Control/Instinct:[/i]

[i]Courage:[/i]

[hr]

[b]Humanity/Path:[/b]

[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Blood Pool:[/b]

[hr]

[b]~Health!~[/b]
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Merits/Flaws]
[b]Merits:[/b] (list cost!)

[b]Flaws:[/b] (list points!)
[/spoiler]

[b]Personality: [/b]Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

[b]History:[/b] What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

[b]Your O/Os for this character:[/b] Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

[color=red][b]NOTE: [/b][/color][b]For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).[/b]

Geeklet

Blythe and vampires? YAAAAAS.

I am definitely interested. Probably either Nossie or Brujah.

Sparrowhawke

Kia

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Quote from: Geeklet on August 27, 2016, 05:17:21 PM
Blythe and vampires? YAAAAAS.

I am definitely interested. Probably either Nossie or Brujah.

YAY <3

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on August 27, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Yessssssssssssssss

oh you

I will bet money that whatever you play, it shall be glorious and filled with violence!  ;D

Quote from: Kia on August 27, 2016, 05:34:39 PM
Yesss!! Very very interested over here!

Wonderful to see you here!  ;D

Quote from: AndyZ on August 27, 2016, 05:42:07 PM

Hey AndyZ, long time no see!  8-)

Hades

Blythe

Hey, Hades!  ;D *waves!*

To let folks know, I'm working on a character sheet format that I hope to have complete by tomorrow, since someone poked me to ask about that. ^^

marauder13

Pencil me in for a Nos, or a Malk. Hopefully, my presence will not kill this Group game like the previous ones I have joined.

Oh, if you are looking for a masochist to bring in a Tremere at any point, I'll gladly do that.

Sparrowhawke

Just so people know, I may have jumped on the scourge spot the literal instant I saw it was open

*coughs*

Hades

I have my Tremere's background pretty well formed in my head, I just need to stop being lazy and write it all out and then work on a character sheet.  Change of plans, going with something else instead.

Bit upset I can't find my physical copy of the GttCam but at least I have Plan B in the form of the White Wolf CD they put out that has the core book, the GttCam and the Sabbat, the ST Companion and ST Handbook on it, along with a handy little character sheet generator.  Because technology for the win!

Juggtacular

Blythe

Character sheet template!

Name:
Clan:
Gender/Sex:
Nature:
Demeanor:
Generation:

Attributes

Dexterity: *
Stamina: *

Appearance: *

Perception: *
Intelligence: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Disciplines:

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:

Self-Control/Instinct:

Courage:

Humanity/Path:

Willpower:

Blood Pool:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Personality: Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

History: What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

Your O/Os for this character: Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Coding for any that want to grab it:

[float=left][img height=250 padding=6]http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a0ipMDoC1rrsh57o1_1280.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]

[spoiler=Attributes]
[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[b]Charisma:[/b] *
[b]Manipulation:[/b] *
[b]Appearance:[/b] *

[b]Perception:[/b] *
[b]Intelligence:[/b] *
[b]Wits:[/b] *
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[i]Alertness:[/i]
[i]Athletics:[/i]
[i]Brawl:[/i]
[i]Dodge:[/i]
[i]Empathy:[/i] 
[i]Expression: [/i]
[i]Intimidation:[/i]
[i]Leadership:[/i]
[i]Streetwise:[/i]
[i]Subterfuge:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]Animal Ken:[/i]
[i]Crafts:[/i]
[i]Drive:[/i]
[i]Etiquette:[/i]
[i]Firearms:[/i]
[i]Melee:[/i]
[i]Performance:[/i]
[i]Security:[/i]
[i]Stealth:[/i]
[i]Survival:[/i]

[b]Knowledges:[/b]
[i]Academics:[/i]
[i]Computer:[/i]
[i]Finance:[/i]
[i]Investigation:[/i]
[i]Law:[/i]
[i]Linguistics:[/i]
[i]Medicine:[/i]
[i]Occult:[/i]
[i]Politics:[/i]
[i]Science:[/i]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages]
[b]Backgrounds:[/b]

[b]Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Virtues:[/b]
[i]Conscience/Conviction:[/i]

[i]Self-Control/Instinct:[/i]

[i]Courage:[/i]

[hr]

[b]Humanity/Path:[/b]

[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Blood Pool:[/b]

[hr]

[b]~Health!~[/b]
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Merits/Flaws]
[b]Merits:[/b] (list cost!)

[b]Flaws:[/b] (list points!)
[/spoiler]

[b]Personality: [/b]Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

[b]History:[/b] What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

[b]Your O/Os for this character:[/b] Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.[

[color=red][b]NOTE: [/b][/color][b]For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).[/b]

Blythe

Quote from: marauder13 on August 27, 2016, 07:31:25 PM
Pencil me in for a Nos, or a Malk. Hopefully, my presence will not kill this Group game like the previous ones I have joined.

Oh, if you are looking for a masochist to bring in a Tremere at any point, I'll gladly do that.

No Final Death for this group! (Well, that's what I hope!  ;D )

Excited to see what you come up with! 

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 27, 2016, 07:51:42 PM
Vampire time? Yes pls.

*waves!* Hey there!  ;D

Quote from: Hades on August 27, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
I have my Tremere's background pretty well formed in my head, I just need to stop being lazy and write it all out and then work on a character sheet.

Excellent!

Nadir

* Dim Hon tumbles in

ME!!!

Would Federico, my Giovanni-on-the-run be a good fit for your world or shall I make a whole new character for this? I don't mind either~

Blythe

Quote from: Dim Hon on August 27, 2016, 09:00:26 PM
* Dim Hon tumbles in

ME!!!

Would Federico, my Giovanni-on-the-run be a good fit for your world or shall I make a whole new character for this? I don't mind either~

PM me a link to his sheet again? I remember Federico; if he's at least neutral to the Camarilla or outright seeks to defect from the Giovanni, he would be suitable.

I might allow him, but I may require a few tweaks to his sheet in Background and Flaws so he'll fit in Seattle. :)

Sara Nilsson

oO

Might have to make up a "cute" Nosferatu girl I have had kicking in the back of my head for a bit.

RubySlippers

Name: Antonette Castillago
Clan: Dominate Malkavian
Gender/Sex: Female
Nature: Celebrant (Herself, she is beauty to grace the world around her so appreciate it and yearn for her.)
Demeanor: Child
Generation: 14th (Her Primogen Insists its 12th)
Concept: Creature of Beauty
Haven:

Attributes

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 3
Appearance: 5  (Specialty: Flawless Beauty)

Perception: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 3

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: 1
Athletics: 1
Brawl: 1
Dodge: 1
Empathy: 1
Expression: 2
Intimidation: 1
Leadership: 1
Malkavian Time: 2
Streetwise: 1
Subterfuge: 1

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts: 1
Drive: 1
Etiquette: 1
Firearms: 1
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth: 1
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: 1
Computer: 1
Finance: 2
Investigation:
Law: 1
Linguistics: 1  [Native Language Spanish, English]
Medicine:
Occult: 1
Politics: 1
Science: 1

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources (Trust Fund Invested for Income, Sound Dividend Stocks and Similar Conservative Investments) 4
Mentor (Miguel Juarez) 3

Disciplines:
Auspex 1
Dominate 1
Obfuscate 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 3
Self-Control: 4
Courage: 3

Humanity: 8
Willpower: 4
Blood Pool <Max. Kindred Vitae 8>:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Benevolent Blood  -2 pts.
Blush of Health  -2 pts.

Flaws:
14th Generation  +2 pts.
Deep Sleeper  +1 pt.
Phobia (heights)  +2 pts.

Derangement: Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD)
http://www.psychone.net/disorders/histrionic-personality-disorder.php

Personality:
On the surface appears pretty normal save for wanting to be the center of attention and thinking her beauty is her gift to the world both mortal and Kindred with various personality issues of being flirty, shallow emotionally and tends to lack staying power when she goes from an old interest to a new one. However she doesn't appear dangerous and in truth she isn't at the moment she is of weak generation and knows it. She is close to her mentor in that he protects her and counsels her maybe grooming her to be a clan leader some day or he might have other motives she doesn't care save she is beautiful and it will remain forever and the issues of her little beast in her isn't a big concern at the moment.

History:
Born in Spain her family immigrated to the US opening a couple restaurants in the Midwest and she went to private Catholic Schools and then attended the University of Chicago, majoring in Small Business Management and got control of her trust fund shortly after. Always popular for her beauty and social skills, she tended to party however more than work at anything practical much to the chagrin on her poor parents. Most of her time was spent bouncing between lovers and traveling, ending up a few years ago in Seattle. It was there after a Rave she was fed on by a minor Malkavian and embraced who was following her for some time, and it was a rush of hunger not desire the embrace a payment for her draining the girl.

Then things got interesting. The Malkavian Primogen of Seattle, Miguel Juarez, discovered she had the Gift of Malkav, connecting with her via the Madness Network and believing she might be heavenly touched. She was given an education and allowed to feed at his domain's mental hospital under his gaze, as she proved she would be stable. Well, for a member of the clan. Her Mentor knows she is a thin-blood, and he has a plan: He will pose her as a visiting Malkavian under his tutelage, claiming she is of the 12th generation, claiming she seeks permission to come into the city. It is Miguel's desire  to hide her generation, hoping the Prince will not see through the ruse and allow her to stay. She's neither a fool or weak, but being a thin-blood may cause some issues.

This also protects a minor clan member--Antonette's Sire, Mad Maddy. Miguel has removed Maddy's memories of Siring Antonette and removed Antonette's memories of her Sire, claiming formal responsibility for Antonette himself instead. Mad Maddy is kept imprisoned by Miguel somewhere in the advent he or Antonette might need her.

Antonette bought a modest condo home, having renovations done including a panic room and a roomy shower/bath. She loves lingering in the shower and bathing in the University District but won't move in just now. But its a cozy haven and safe over standing out it was simply location, location and location that mattered.

Your O/Os for this character: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=670

Freebie Points Spent: 15 + 1 Flaws = 16
Appearance +1  5 pts.
Perception +1  5 pts.
Background: Mentor +1  1 pt.
Background: Resources +1  1 pt.
Self-Control +1  2 pts.
Courage +1  2 pts.

Amarlo

I'm placing my tentative interest. I'm extremely new to the system, and systems in general, still entirely learning to the point that I'm pretty derp about it. Would that be a problem? Also, I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet but I was wondering if it's at all possible for me to play something other than a vampire in this setting? ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Blythe

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 28, 2016, 12:40:30 AM
oO

Might have to make up a "cute" Nosferatu girl I have had kicking in the back of my head for a bit.

I <3 Nossies so much, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 28, 2016, 01:06:36 AM

Hi Ruby! I'll review your sheet more in-depth tonight and will have feedback for you tomorrow that I'll PM to you! Mostly it'll be some questions and clarifications about backstory and Mentor connections, as your actual stats look pretty solid after a casual glance! (Also, I am super excited to see the Malkavian Time skill on your sheet! I was hoping someone would make a Malkie who has a connection to the Madness Network!  :D  )

Quote from: Amarlo on August 28, 2016, 01:20:21 AM
I'm placing my tentative interest. I'm extremely new to the system, and systems in general, still entirely learning to the point that I'm pretty derp about it. Would that be a problem? Also, I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet but I was wondering if it's at all possible for me to play something other than a vampire in this setting? ^^

Newcomers to the system are absolutely welcome. Please PM me if you have questions or if you need any advice or walk-through about stats! :)

I'm requiring that people's first characters be vampires, although it's possible to play a non-vampire (a human or a ghoul) with a second character. For someone new to the system, creating a neonate vampire is probably the easiest manner to approach learning to play.

CharlieSariel

So I would like to place my interest here.  I'm inclined towards a Caitiff, or possibly something in the Ventrue.  I'll put some numbers to pixels and see what comes about.

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Blythe

Quote from: CharlieSariel on August 28, 2016, 02:08:50 AM
So I would like to place my interest here.  I'm inclined towards a Caitiff, or possibly something in the Ventrue.  I'll put some numbers to pixels and see what comes about.

Howdy and welcome!

The only thing I'd say to be aware of is that there will be a Scourge in the game. Players who are Caitiff or thin-bloods should be willing to risk possible conflict with the Scourge. If that's something you are okay with, then that works out great! (As a note, PvP shouldn't happen without the permission of both players involved and myself, the GM, so you won't ever be suddenly surprised with the Scourge, but I do want players of Caitiff and thin-bloods to keep that option open for discussion)

No one has expressed interest in a Ventrue yet, I believe! We could stand to see some bluebloods!  ;D

Amarlo

Quote from: Blythe on August 28, 2016, 01:24:24 AM
Newcomers to the system are absolutely welcome. Please PM me if you have questions or if you need any advice or walk-through about stats! :)

I'm requiring that people's first characters be vampires, although it's possible to play a non-vampire (a human or a ghoul) with a second character. For someone new to the system, creating a neonate vampire is probably the easiest manner to approach learning to play.

Thank you for the prompt answer and also being so welcome to new people. However, I think I might sit this one out. I have more interest in the general WoD setting than just the vampires. x3 I hope your game is very successful!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Blythe

Quote from: Amarlo on August 28, 2016, 02:15:16 AM
Thank you for the prompt answer and also being so welcome to new people. However, I think I might sit this one out. I have more interest in the general WoD setting than just the vampires. x3 I hope your game is very successful!

That's quite all right--thank you for the interest!  :-)

CharlieSariel

Here's what I came up with:

Name: Alissa Consuela Gutierrez
Clan: Caitiff
Gender/Sex: Female/Female
Nature: Survivor
Demeanor: Conniver
Generation: 11

Attributes

Strength: **
Dexterity: **
Stamina: **

Charisma: ***
Manipulation: **** (Poker-Face Lying)
Appearance: ***

Perception: ***
Intelligence: **
Wits: ***

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: **
Athletics: **
Brawl: **
Dodge: **
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise: **** (Gangs)
Subterfuge: ***

Skills:
Animal Ken: *
Crafts:
Drive: *
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security: **
Stealth: **
Survival: ***

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer: *
Finance:
Investigation: *
Law: **
Linguistics:
Medicine: *
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds: Contacts ***, Herd *, Generation **

Disciplines: Auspex *, Fortitude *, Obfuscate **

Virtues:
Conscience: ***

Self-Control: ***

Courage: ****

Humanity/Path: Humanitas

Willpower: 5

Blood Pool: 12

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: Blush of Health (2), Unbondable (3)

Flaws: Short (1), Sire's Resentment (1), Prey Exclusion (Street Kids) (1)

Freebie Expenditure

Blush of Health (2)
+1 Athletics (2)
+1 Streetwise (2)
+1 Obfuscate (7)
+1 Willpower (1)
+1 Generation (1)

Personality: Alissa is a street kid.  A goth street kid in appearance, but that's just so she fits in with one crowd or another.  At least the goth kids don't care if she flakes out a little from time to time, or disappears from the social scene before sunrise.  Her spanish heritage shows in her temper, but ever since that one time she really lost it on that guy.. well she does her best to keep it in check now.  Being a street kid, she's learned the value of disappearing from sight when needed, and sticking to the shadows when the cops show up.  She is forever watching her surroundings like a tweaker on a bender.  Staying still only happens when she dies in the morning, in whatever extra hidden buried place she can find.

History: Growing up, Alissa was a middle girl in a large family of blue collar third generation Americans.  As a middle child, she was never old enough to do what the big kids were doing, but was too big to play with the kids.  Disenfranchised in her own family, she did what every kid did in her situation.  Took to the streets.  It wasn't running away, exactly.  She went home for meals, and sleep.  She went to school most of the time.  She was just a little wild on the edges.  She took up the whole goth lifestyle early on, as soon as she could afford her own stuff.  She hung out with the weird kids, and generally was a very typical middle child.  She coasted through life with middle everything.  Middle child, middle grades, middle social group.  It wasn't until she was getting ready to go on to college (local state, thank you very much), that things took a turn for her.  A new gang moved into the neighbourhood, and started gathering up all the street kids.  Alissa was smart enough to know to avoid gangs like the plague, but these bastards were having none of it.  When her oldest brother ended up hospitalized during an after-work workplace accident, Alissa knew she had to take care of it.  So she did the only thing she knew how to do.  Hit the streets running, and never looked back.  If she wasn't with her family, then they wouldn't be targeted to indice her into joining up.

A few months of that, and she was as hardened as the next goth street kid, and knew most of the good hangouts.  It was at a party at one of these hangouts that someone brought the new guy.  No one really knew him, but he had money and brought enough drugs and booze to make almost everyone happy.  Alissa got more than a little into her cups, and that's when she got the private room treatment.  The next few days were a haze for her.  She barely remembers things like the incredible bliss of the bite, and the fading of life.  She vaguely recalls drinking, more than once.  She dimly remembers being 'forced' to drink from her street kid friends.  What she does remember with startling clarity, is her last night in that hangout.  She remembers that voice.  Telling her she was broken and wrong and had no place with him.  The next thing she remembers is waking up with blood on her lips, and dirt in her hair, and a rudimentary understanding that she was no longer human.  It's been a couple of years, and Alissa has figured out the basics.  She's made a few friends, and a few enemies, but she's made her way.  Survival was always in her.  It just took dying to figure out how good she was at it.

Your O/Os for this character: My O&Os are the same for both Alissa and myself.

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Blythe

Quote from: CharlieSariel on August 28, 2016, 06:00:01 AM

Sheet read, PM sent with request & questions!

For those wondering what the general layout of characters is (we've had a few changes and submissions since the thread opened):
- A Lasombra antitribu
- A Caitiff
- A Malkavian thin-blood
- A Camarilla-defecting Giovanni

I'm only going to be accepting straight up Camarilla clans for a while now (Brujah, Gangrel, Ventrue, Toreador, Nosferatu, Malkavian & Tremere), until we get things a bit more rounded. No more Caitiff, thin-bloods, or non-standard Clans until there's a bit more balance.  :-) 

AndyZ

Do we have anyone looking at Tremere at this point?

I have a Ventrue concept but it doesn't seem to be gelling in my brain right now.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on August 28, 2016, 04:40:36 PM
Do we have anyone looking at Tremere at this point?

I have a Ventrue concept but it doesn't seem to be gelling in my brain right now.

At the moment, no. :)

We lack bluebloods as well; I'd welcome either one! Tremere will have a bit of a harder time politically starting out, though they'll get a chance to change their Clan fotrunes in Seattle.

Blythe

~ Questions I've been asked! ~

* How will you handle Tremere ritual costs?
Start with one per dot of primary path, 1EXP cost per Ritual level, although should be noted that during gameplay, I won't permit rituals to be purchased unless a suitable teacher appears (you'll have to ask me for one) or your character spends suitable time doing serious research. You must have an IC reason for new rituals.

* For those of us asking to start as ancilla, how are you handling Background purchases?
I treat them as being the same as Abilities for EXP costs--a new one is 3, subsequent costs are 'Current Rating x 2.'

* Is there more than one kind of Status?
Yes. There is Status (Camarilla) and Status (Clan: <insert clan you want status with here>). Generally you won't have status with Clans other than your own without good reason in your backstory.

* So....Nosferatu and the Resources background? What makes sense for that?
Generally I'm going to look askance at any Nosferatu with more than a 2 in Resources. Neonate Nosferatu really should have no more than 1 in Resources without a very good background justification. Be prepared to justify your stats here.

* How are you handling Influence?
Stay tuned. Still working on deciding how I want to handle this. I've had people who have showed interest if I'd modify this closer to the LARP rules. If I do, I'll update everyone on how Influence will work.

Jaded

I'm interested, though I'll need to wait until I have time to sit down and go over things before I can really pitch a concept.  Probably a Gangrel, maybe a Ventrue or Brujah. 

Blythe

Quote from: Jaded on August 28, 2016, 08:51:50 PM
I'm interested, though I'll need to wait until I have time to sit down and go over things before I can really pitch a concept.  Probably a Gangrel, maybe a Ventrue or Brujah.

That sounds great--any one of those Clans would be fine. <3

Sara Nilsson

gonna have to pull out, I cant find my rulebook. I was sure it was among the other vampire masquerade books but it isnt.. :(

Blythe

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 28, 2016, 08:56:22 PM
gonna have to pull out, I cant find my rulebook. I was sure it was among the other vampire masquerade books but it isnt.. :(

Aww, sorry to hear that! If you happen to find it again, though, feel free to hop back on over. ^^

Hades

Name: Tobias Prescott
Clan: Lasombra antitribu
Gender/Sex: Male/Male
Nature: Survivor
Demeanor: Traditionalist
Generation: 9th

Attributes

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 3

Manipulation: 4 (Persuasive)
Appearance: 3

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: 2
Athletics:
Dodge: 2
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation: 3
Leadership: 2
Streetwise: 2
Subterfuge: 3

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive: 1
Melee:
Performance:
Security: 1
Survival: 2

Knowledges:
Academics: 2
Finance:
Investigation: 1
Law: 4 (Kindred)
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult: 4 (Abyss)
Politics: 3
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds: Generation 4, Resources 3, Influence 2

Disciplines: Dominate 1, Obtenebration 3, Potence 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 2

Courage: 4

Humanity: 6

Willpower: 7

Blood Pool: 14 (2 points/turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Flaws: Dark Secret (1pt Flaw)

Freebie Points/Experience Points Distribution

Freebie Points:
+1pt Flaw
-2pts Resources
-2pts Influence
-2pts Willpower
-2pts Law
-2pts Occult
-2pts Intimidation
-2pts Leadership
-2pts Security

Experience Points:
Intelligence 3 - 12xp
Stamina 3 - 12xp
Obtenebration 2 - 10xp
Obtenebration 3 - 15xp
Willpower 7 - 7pts
Intimidation 3 - 6xp
Streetwise 1 - 3xp
Streetwise 2 - 4xp
Survival 2 - 4xp
Status 1 - 3xp

Personality: Cold and methodical, Tobias is one that hardly ever rushes and rarely seems to be caught off guard by events.  Perhaps a bit stereotypically, he prefers to remain behind the scenes rather than standing in the spotlight himself, as those of his bloodline that do so tend to draw the fatal attention of their erstwhile siblings who squandered their heritage by casting their lot with the Sabbat. 

One turn of phrase that sets Tobias apart from the other Camarilla members of the city is his use of the term "Cainite" rather than the more accepted "Kindred".  This is a result of reading over his sire's personal journals and honoring his sire's memory after his destruction at the hands of the Sabbat prior to Tobias' arrival in Seattle.  He knows he could probably force himself to change and adopt the Camarilla's more official term, but truth be told he prefers the discomfort it seems to invoke from others.  And if those around him are off balance, all the better in his mind regardless of whether they are rivals yet or potential allies to be cultivated.

History: When Tobias Prescott was born in 1860, the rumbles of war between the States were just beginning to echo on the horizon.  The day after his first birthday, his father enlisted in the Union army because he thought if he enlisted he could earn better pay for his young wife and child, while avoiding the more dangerous assignments that came with being drafted.  Unfortunately for him, such logic was faulty because there is no such thing as a safe assignment once bullets start flying through the air.  And so his father's name became just another ledger in some report on the other thousands that died in 1863.  His mother's mental health rapidly declined after that, to the point that by the end of the war Tobias had lost both parents as his mother died to an opium overdose in the same week that President Lincoln was shot.

The five year old boy went to a state orphanage, where conditions were barely above bleak for most of the time.  Funding was lax, supplies were limited, and the caretakers were certainly not employees you could hold up as an example to others.  Each child was left to essentially fend for themselves, and so Tobias learned early on in his life to trust no one and how to manipulate others to advance his own goals and desires.  It was a lesson that would serve him well as he also had a keen intellect and a desire to escape the lot in life he found himself in as he grew to adulthood.  Growing up he heard constantly about the laws and the rules, but they seemed to be fickle and enforced only when it suited the whims of those in power.  And so to his mind, if one mastered the law one could master every aspect of society.  Thus began the near fanatical pursuit for every scrap of information he could get his hands on that would help his goal of getting into law school.

On his sixtenth birthday, Tobias simply walked out of the orphanage with what few posessions he had scraped together that meant anything to him, and the wad of cash stolen from the director's office, and climbed onto a train to leave Ohio and traveled to New York City to enroll in the still young Columbia College Law School.  While he had no money to his name, no creditials and no formal education, his drive and ambition was enough to impress one of the professors at the college to give him an admissions test.  While there were areas of the test where his scores were average at best, the law section was nearly a perfect score, and so Tobias was given a scholarship for his first year in the program at the recommendation of the professor and an "interested benefactor" who remained nameless at the time.

Tobias distinguished himself academically while at Columbia, always scoring high marks and weaving impressive arguments no matter which side of a debate topic he found himself on.  His callousness towards others though still carried over from his days in the orphanage, and so he never really formed a connection with any of the other students or faculty beyond casual acquaintances.  People were useful tools or potential hurdles, and that was the only two categories they fell into for Tobias.  The exception was the professor that he met his first day in New York.  While they weren't friends per say, Tobias did at least see the man as a mentor of sort and would often discuss academic, political and moral issues with him when not in class.

The professor of course encouraged such interaction, because it was the bidding of his master.  The man was a long-time ghoul to one of the few Lasombra antitribu that dared reside in a city claimed by the Sabbat.  Tobias had captured the Cainite's interest, and so for the next few years he was under the watchful eye of his sire-to-be's servants and informants until he graduated at the top of his class in 1880.

With pulled connections, Tobias earned a position in the city attorney's office and for the next twenty years saw his political and personal star rise.  There were scandals along the way, allegations of money laundering, of witness buying, and of cutting deals with criminals to avoid or get reduced sentences in exchange for money, but none of the allegations were proven and quickly faded into the realm of tabloid news as he racked up impressive convictions in high profile cases.  When the 1900 state election came around, Tobias seemed certain to win the nomination and then the election for the state's Attorney General.   But fate invervened and pushed him on a different path.

At the turn of the century, the Sabbat began to step up its efforts to secure the city and that meant that antitribu like his soon to be sire were in danger of destruction if they stayed.  So rather than leave behind a valuable proxy, Tobias was embraced and brought under the blood.  But before they could leave the city they were attacked by a pack patrolling the outer boroughs of the city.   The pack was defeated, but his sire was gravely wounded in the attack and seemed certain to slip into torpor.  But Tobias sensed an opportunity that would likely not present itself again for decades if not centuries, and so with his sire weakened and unable to fight back, he committed diablerie to take his power as his own before leaving the city.

Over the course of the 20th century, Tobias moved across the country towards the Pacific coast.  He never stayed long in any one city, a decade or two at most, to prevent his presence being detected by the Sabbat as well as to hide his crime of consuming his sire.  Finally by the turn of the century, he had made his way to Seattle and discovered the Prince receptive to his clan's presence in the city.  Deciding that he had been a nomad long enough, and that enough time had passed that it was unlikely his crime would be discovered on the other side of the country, Tobias settled into his new home and began making connections within the city's infrastructure to gain power and influence in the city.

One of the first ways he earned the good graces of the Prince was by using his influence to provide information about hostile Anarch movements to important Camarilla domains, including Telucti's, so that the rabble could be better controlled and prevented from spreading an unnecessary amount of chaos and strife along the Pacific Coast.  Though not enough information to completely crush the movement, as a little chaos now and then was a good thing, provided he was the one directing it.  But that was a plan for another night perhaps.

Your O/Os for this character: My O&Os can be found here, though they are horribly out of date and in need of an update.  I will say though essentially within the context of the game, there's not much I consider off-limits so if you are in a scene with me and something crosses your mind, send me a PM and we'll discuss it.

Blythe

Awesome, I'll review the sheet later tonight, Hades! Tobias looks great, and I'm looking forward to see how you statted him! I'll send you a PM by tomorrow that'll have some questions/clarifications, mostly about stats!

Blythe

(Also, as a note for anyone curious about Hades' stats, he applied to be an ancilla rather than a neonate)

Kia

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 28, 2016, 08:56:22 PM

Hi Sara. I found one via my local library to borrow while getting a replacement copy (I knew I shoulda held onto mine during the moves :P ). Maybe it is worth a shot to check yours out?

Blythe

@RubySlippers: Sheet approved!

@CharlieSariel: Sheet approved!

To let everyone know, so I can better handle sheet updates, expenditures, and EXP awards, I'll be posting your sheets in a CS thread. To make changes to your sheet, you'll need to PM me with any further changes you want.

I'll be getting an approved CS thread up and posting approved sheets there some time tonight, and I will get an OOC thread up some time tonight so I can send approved players on over as I get things done. :-)

Blythe

Blythe

First post now updated with OOC link (please don't post in the OOC unless you have an approved character), and a link to the Character Sheet thread, which will have approved characters in it. :-)

bubby

O_O

Gahdammit Blythe why for you put up teh awesomesauce game idea when I'm not home!!!

Blythe

Quote from: bubby on August 29, 2016, 05:22:36 AM
Gahdammit Blythe why for you put up teh awesomesauce game idea when I'm not home!!!

Join it when you get back? It should be pretty easy to join with new characters, since the game will be mostly sandbox. :)

"If you are posting our character sheets rather than us, how can we make changes?"
- PM me about changes you want to make, and I'll make them. The reason I'm posting approved sheets is because I need to keep track of certain stats in people's sheets during gameplay; all sheets are being given a status bar and changelog at the bottom so changes are kept track of. Don't worry about inundating me with PMs about changes you want to make; it won't bug me at all.  :-)

"What if our character has an NPC ghoul retainer or ally? Do you want us to stat that? How're NPCs going to work?"
- It will be helpful if you stat up your ghouls forme, but if you don't know how, I can do so. It should be noted that your contacts, allies, retainers, etc. are going to be GM NPCs under my control, but you have significant influence on how I'll play those NPCs.

Lockepick

Hey! Would love to try Sean again from your Black Gold game. Ventrue Arms Dealer type. Though it may depend on how you decide to use Influence this run!

I'm not quite sure how many you're accepting, but I'll try to fit Sean into the CS template tonight!

Not sure Sean will fit the more I remembered him. Going to put SOMETHING up though! Definitely interested.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Blythe

Glad to see you around, Lockepick! :)

"How will Influence work?"
- This is house-ruled. Please pay attention if you want to use Influence. For each Dot in Influence, I am going to require you select a 'group' that you have Influence with, like a specialty...except you can never use your Influence outside of those specialties. This prevents general abuse of Influence, but still lets it be effective where you need it to be. These are a little general, mostly as this is a Play-by-Post game, and I don't want to unduly limit options. I will be open to additional suggestions of categories, but these will be some examples of specialties you can pick from (highly recommend using this list)!

* The local police
* Arms dealers
* Drug dealers
* Banks
* Homeless/vagrants
* Catholic church
* Mental health providers
* Local politicians
* The Theatre
* Public transit
* Local news outlets

To use your Influence, I'll likely ask that you make a roll to use it, like an Ability. Generally this will be Manipulation + Influence or Charisma + Influence at a Difficulty of 6. (You may wonder why I don't include general medical professions--prefer to okay those on a case-by-case basis because of the sheer myriad of specialties there. Some are better or worse than others.)

RedPhoenix

Mmmmm. Blythrus flavored vampires.

Although I don't think what we talked about really works with the setting...hrmm....gonna pm you.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Blythe

YAY RED <3

(As a note, slowly getting back to PMing those of you that I owe PMs to! Please poke me if I have not sufficiently provided answers or if I haven't answered you yet!)

Sparrowhawke

Hope this is good~

Name: Julian Antoni
Clan: Malkavian
Nature: Bravo
Demeanor: Perfectionist
Generation: 10th

Attributes

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 4 (Specialty: Tireless)

Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 3

Intelligence: 2
Wits: 2

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: 3
Athletics: 2
Brawl: 3
Empathy:
Expression: 0
Intimidation: 4 (Specialty - Physical Coercion)
Leadership: 0
Malkavian Time: 3
Subterfuge: 2

Skills:
Animal Ken: 0
Crafts: 0
Drive: 0
Etiquette: 2
Firearms: 3
Melee: 3
Performance: 0
Security: 1
Stealth: 3
Survival: 0

Knowledges:
Academics: 0
Computer: 0
Finance: 0
Investigation: 4 (Specialty - Shadowing)
Law: 1
Linguistics: 1 (Italian and English (Second language))
Medicine: 0
Occult: 0
Politics: 2
Science: 0

Advantages

Backgrounds: Generation 3
Resources 2
Contacts 2 (Black Market - Assassinations)
Status Camarilla 2
Status Malkavian 1

Disciplines: Dementation 2
Obfuscate 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 2

Courage: 4

Humanity: 6

Willpower: 4

Blood Pool: 13

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: Enchanting Voice - There is something about your voice that others cannot ignore. When you command, they are cowed. When you seduce, they swoon. Whether thunderous, gentle, persuading or simply talking, your voice commands attention. The difficulties of all die rolls involving the use of the voice to persuade, charm or command are reduced by two. (2-point merit)
Iron Will - When you are determined and your mind is set, nothing can thwart you from your goals. When you are affected by a Dominate power, you may spend a point of Willpower to shake off the effects. In addition, you receive three extra dice to resist the effects of any mind-altering magic, spell or Thaumaturgy path. This Merit does not affect Presence or other powers dealing with the emotions. (3-point merit)

Flaws: Desensitization - Vampires with this derangement find it difficult to truly believe in their own ideals, and so make all Humanity, Path, Conscience or Conviction rolls at +2 difficulty. They also suffer a one-die penalty to any Social dice pools that require some show of emotion or warmth, and cannot purchase the Performance Ability at all. (No points, Malkavian Derangement).
Prey Exclusion (Under 25) - You refuse to hunt a certain class of prey. You might refuse to feed upon drug dealers, or policemen, or accountants, or rich people - if you accidentally feed upon such an individual, you automatically frenzy and must make a roll to prevent Humanity loss (difficulty 7). Witnessing other Kindred feeding on the object of your exclusion might also provoke a frenzy, at the Storyteller’s discretion. Ventrue, owing to the limitations imposed on their feeding by their clan weakness, may not take this Flaw. (1-point flaw)
Eerie Presence - Mortals have an unconscious awareness of your undead nature, which makes then anxious and ill at ease in your presence. Because of this, difficulties of all die rolls relating to social interaction with mortals are increased by two. (2-point flaw)
Grip of the Damned - There is no ecstasy in your Embrace -only terror and pain. Mortals upon whom you feed struggle and shriek all the while as you attempt to feed, requiring you to grapple with them for as long as you wish to take their blood. For vampires with high Humanity, this experience may require a Humanity roll, at the discretion of the Storyteller. (4-point flaw)

Freebies & EXP
Freebies (15) + Flaws (7) - Merits (5)
17 points.

-5 Perception +1 (3)
-2 Brawl +1 (2)
-2 Herd +2 (2)
-3 Willpower +3 (7)
-2 Stealth +1 (3)
-2 Contacts +2 (2)
-1 Resources +1 (3)

EXP - 75 Points
-5 Status Camarilla +2 (2)
-9 Malkavian Time +3 (3)
-6 Intimidation +1 (4)
-2 Streetwise +1 (2)
-2 Subterfuge +1 (2)
-4 Alertness +1 (3)
-2 Athletics +1 (2)
-4 Firearms +1 (3)
-4 Melee +1 (3)
-4 Stealth +1 (3)
-6 Investigation +1 (4)
-3 Law +1 (1)
-2 Politics +1 (2)
-5 obfuscate +1 (2)
-10 dementation +1 (3)
-3 Status (Malkavian) +1 (1)
-4 Brawl + 1 (3)

Personality: The most accurate description of Julian is cold, and vaguely off-putting. Fitting traits for the Scourge. He rarely begins conversations on his own merit, and often will only speak when spoken to. He prefers to stay out of other's attention, only really coming into himself when his 'skills' are needed. He takes to his work with the closest thing to enthusiasm as he can get. He seems to find some dulled excitement from the violence, even if he feels little else. Has the Desensitized derangement.

History: Julian (born Giuliano) had a life that was quite similar to how he spends his unlife. He was born within an Italian mafia, and quickly found himself in the business of killing for money. Unfortunately, one night he was given a target he had no hope of killing, and the Malkavian overpowered him quite easily. The vampire, instead of simply killing him (and it would have been all too easy), seemed to take a liking to him. He wasn't embraced immediately, instead made into a ghoul and forced to be a pet killer.

When the embrace did come, it was a surprise, and he was dragged into the world of the Kindred. He was given a brief and eclectic introduction into vampire society, but not given much time to acclimate to his new existence before his Sire simply disappeared, significantly less enamored with Julian now that he was so... Devoid of anything.

He left the country not long after being abandoned, finding his way to america and settling in Seattle in the late 1910s. He lived a quiet existence since arriving, keeping out of the radar, only participating in the politics enough to keep himself out of trouble. He took up his old 'work' as soon as the opportunity presented itself, using it to help support himself both in money and blood. He continued to keep to himself until quite recently, when the Prince came to him, his ability and willingness to kill cleanly and quietly already well established. He was offered the position of Scourge, which he took willingly, though he is perhaps struggling to acclimate to being required at Elysium far more often.

Your O/Os for this character: Link - It's highly unlikely that Julian would bother with sex, but I'm more than willing for violence to happen (on both sides) and the possibility for dub-con under the right circumstances. Just hmu to discuss.

Kia

Hi Blythe! Here is my profile draft. It's been about.... oh 5-6 years since I made a vtm profile so let me know if I need to make any adjustments. Thanks! :D

Name: Lyssa Greene
Clan: Malkavian
Nature: Visionary
Demeanor: Enigma
Generation:12th

Attributes

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 4
Stamina: 3

Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 1

Intelligence: 4

Abilities

Talents:
Athletics: 0
Empathy: 2
Expression: 0
Intimidation: 0
Leadership: 0
Malkavian Time: 3
Streetwise: 0
Subterfuge:2

Skills:
Animal Ken: 0
Crafts: 0
Drive: 0
Melee: 2
Performance:0
Security: 0
Survival: 0

Knowledges:
Academics: 3 (2+1)
Finance: 0
Investigation: 1
Law: 0
Linguistics: 1 (Old Latin)
Medicine: 1
Occult: 3
Politics: 0
Science: 1

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Generation: 1 (Gen 12)
Herd: 1 (3 vessels)
Resources: 2 (from stocks, dividends, and royalties from 'insane' investments that turned well. Advances in the internet have made things easier for even a Childe to coordinate investments when wall street is closed. Alas, her investments are still too few and small to do more than keep her reasonably comfortable.)
Haven: 1 (small one family home)

Disciplines:
Auspex: 3 (2 + 1)
Dementation: 0
Obfuscate: 1

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: 3

Self-Control/Instinct: 2

Courage: 5

Humanity/Path: 5

Blood Pool: 11 of 11 (1 per turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Eidetic Memory (-2): Can remember anything she sees/hears with perfect detail. “Under stressful conditions involving numerous distractions, you must make a Perception + Alertness roll (difficulty 6) to summon enough concentration to absorb what your senses detect.”

Medium (-2): Can feel their presence and even cajole them into her company. Can call upon them for aid and advice… for a price. Awareness rolls vs spirits is -2 difficulty).

Light Sleeper (-2) Can waken at full alert immediately at signs of danger. Ignore Humanity restrictions on dice rolls in daytime.

Blush of Life (-2 Freebie)

Nightmares (+1) Dreams are wracked by horrifying nightmares. Must make a willpower roll (Difficulty 7). Failure means a 1 die penalty to all rolls made for the night's events. A botch means she believes she is still in the nightmare upon waking.

Phobia (+2): (Cleithrophobia) The fear of being trapped. In Lyssa's case, it includes fear of bindings, locked or blocked rooms, straight jackets, containers, and any place there is a hint of risk of losing one's ability to escape.

https://www.verywell.com/cleithrophobia-2671737

Impatience (+1): When forced to wait instead of acting, must make a self-control roll or tear off on own to do whatever it is anyway.

New Arrival (+1): Ignorant of city's politics, people and history, which risks her making one or more blunders. Also makes her a prime target for recruitment or elimination depending on how she is viewed. No existing support within city before her arrival.

Infamous Sire (+1) : Sire is distrusted and disliked by many of the city's kindred. His reputation precedes Lyssa. (Likely from various borderline actions and various... pranks.. that left a lasting impression. (Individuals and NPCs please feel free to make up pranks and encounters).

Personality: She was already unstable when Mattias selected her. However, the moment of death shattered her mind.

Lyssa is very bright, and very observant. The Malkavian curse twists those traits into its own grade of madness. In some cases she is calculating, if impish in her expression. Others she is fully manic. She appears very amused at the workings of the world of darkness, particularly the various traditions and any mention of Gehenna. In fact, she seems to think the efforts to stop Gehenna one of the funniest inside jokes in the world, and Scourges in particular among the jesters.

No apparent fear of final death, though containment and binding trigger an unpredictable range of reactions including immediate compliance, great agitation, feral attack and even frenzy.

She also appears to have a very high affinity with spirits and energies, and she often jokingly remarks that she still has one foot in the Final Grave.

Derangements:

Phobia (Cleithrophobia) See flaws.

Nightmare Disorder : See Flaws.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder :(Malkavian Derangement) http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/schizotypal-personality-disorder
Note: People with schizotypal personality disorder display a combination of odd behavior, speech patterns, thoughts, and perceptions. Other people often describe these individuals as strange or eccentric.

History:
Madness and Genius often go hand in hand.

Lyssa was a brilliant child, growing up in the 70's and early 80's with relative freedom. She could likely have been one of the scholars of her time. She found connections in things not typically compared with one another. Due to this, she would flit rapidly from topic to topic, master of no particular learning.

As the old saying goes, a little learning is a dangerous thing. She started to see patterns that did not fit. Did not seem 'right.' Her studies in attempts to make the random bits and data fit together eventually led her to looking into the occult. It both finally made parts click and made more questions at the same time. And the more she studied.. the more 'oddities' she saw in the people around her. Nocturnal neighbors whose movements were a little off. A classmate who had an uncanny knack for pulling music from strings that should not be possible at their professed skill… She was eventually institutionalized when she openly accused an instructor of being an alien (years later she would come to realize he was a Garou, though in her defense aliens were slightly more believable at the point in time.).

Her brush with the veil in her quest caught the attention of Mattias, who would soon later become her sire. He haunted the particular Ward she was pushed into and forgotten in. He feigned being a 'night counselor' on more than one occasion to test her mind and how far her theories had gone. At the age of 20, he took her as his own. It is rumored that he might have embraced the girl long before he sought permission. However, such is only strong speculation, given she speaks of 15 years in his care, while he sought the Embrace only a little under 14 years past.

When she underwent the change, something shattered within her personalty. Thought processes became wilder, her actions more erratic. One her best days she is a smiling predator, vaguely amused at some unspoken workings around her. On her worst she is a laughing maniac, out to pull strange 'pranks' with no apparent motive or reasoning behind it. Even her Beast smiles when and if it rears its ugly head.

Now in the year 2000, Lyssa is only recently freed of her Sire's care. And Mattias dumped her upon the city with base resources to get her started, and little if any warning or explanation to its inhabitants. When asked, she refers to herself as a 'social experiment' and only laughs to herself at the meaning behind it. She does not speak of her fifteen years as Mattias's Childe, though mention of it is one of the few times one can make the smile fade and the white skinned figure pale ever so slightly--

Your O/Os for this character:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=60012
** Extra Notes: For Lyssa BIG OFFS are biting and bondage. Restraint and Biting are dangerous offs to attempt. (Seriously, you might lose something. Danger will Robinson. Danger!)

Point Usage:

15 Freebie Points:
- 7 Disipline Auspex +1
- 2 Blush of Life
- 2 Knowledge (Academic) +1
- 2 Knowledge (Linguistics: Old Latin) +1
- 2 Knowledge (Science) +1

Jaded

Applying as a Brujah Ancilla and as Deputy to the Sheriff.

Name: Victoria
Clan: Brujah
Nature: Fanatic
Demeanor: Fanatic

Attributes

Strength:     ***
Dexterity:    **** - Feline Grace
Stamina:      ***

Charisma:     ***
Manipulation: **
Appearance:   ***

Perception:   **
Wits:         **

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:    **
Athletics:    **
Brawl:        *
Dodge:        **** - Sidestep
Empathy:      *
Expression:
Intimidation: **
Leadership:
Streetwise:   **
Subterfuge:   ***

Skills:
Animal Ken:   *
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:     **** - Revolvers
Melee:        **** - Swords
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:      *
Survival:     *

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Linguistics:  * - Spanish
Medicine: 
Occult:       ***
Politics:     *
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Allies:     *
Generation: ***
Resources:  **
Retainers:  **

Disciplines:
Celerity:  ***
Fortitude: *
Potence:   **
Presence:  **

Virtues:
Conscience:   **
Self-Control: ****
Courage:      ****

Humanity:   7

Willpower:  6

Blood Pool: 6/13

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Blush of Health (2)
Unbondable (3)

Flaws:
Deep Sleeper (1)
Phobia (2) - Wolves
Vengeful (2) - Sire
Infamous Sire (1)
Sire's Resentment (1)

Personality: Still debating, probably somewhat cheerful, but very driven.

History: Victoria was the daughter of a prominent rancher on the frontier of the Old West.  She was raised on the ranch, and fully expected to marry into another of the local ranching families.  A bit of a tomboy, she could outshoot most of her brothers, and dreamed of going off on great adventures.  There is no telling where her life would have gone, if some men hadn't come knocking at the door of her family's house late in the hours before dawn.

The events that followed Victoria has attempted to block out of her mind.  The visitors were vampires of the worst sort, sadistic monsters who delighted in the murder and torture of humans.  They were on an expedition, though of what sort Victoria never learned, and had needed shelter for the night.  Accompanied by a small retinue of ghouls, they engaged in an orgy of horrific violence.  One of Victoria's brothers was vivisected while still alive, another flayed.  Her mother and sisters were tossed to the ghouls as entertainment, and killed out of hand when the ghouls grew bored of them.  Victoria was made to watch it all, then was embraced.  They made her drain her father, then attempted to blood bond her. 

For reasons that Victoria doesn't understand, the bond didn't take.  She managed to retain her will, managed to survive the horrors, and, when the others went off to hunt, managed to kill and diablerize one of her sire's companions.  She took his sword, and headed into the night.

The next few years are a confusing blur for Victoria.  She managed, more by luck than anything else, to make her way to a city large enough to support her, and gradually came to terms with what she had become.  It was almost a decade before she met another of her kind, and once more she lucked out.  The kindred she encountered was a, relatively speaking, kindly Brujah.  He was hunting her sire, and took her under his wing in exchange for her relaying the story of her embrace. 

Victoria's sire still exists, and she is determined to bring him to his final death.  He knows it, knows of her existence, and would be just as happy to see her meet hers.  She still carries her father's revolver, and the sword she took off of the vampire she killed.

Your O/Os for this character: Not sure how to link to the matrix?  But the only major offs are scat and mutilation.  Ons are most anything focused on non-consensual.

Freebies/Experience
+7 from Flaws     (22)
-5 from Merits    (17)
-7 for Discipline (10)
-5 for Backgrounds (5)
-2 for Firearms    (3)
-2 for Melee       (1)
-1 for Willpower   (0)

75 XP
Status 2 (Camarilla)       -4  (71)
New Discipline, Presence  -10  (61)
Raise Disc, Presence 1->2 -10  (51)
Raise Disc, Celerity 2->3 -15  (36)
Raise Abil, Intim    1->2  -4  (32)
Raise Abil, Street   1->2  -4  (28)
Raise Abil, Athletic 1->2  -4  (24)
New Discipline, Fortitude -10  (14)
Willpower 5->6             -6   (8)
Raise Abil, Dodge    3->4  -8   (0)

At 2016-08-29 03:34:19, Jaded (uid: 39556) rolls: 1d10 Result: 6

Blythe

So many new sheets! <3

As a note for those wondering about positions in Seattle's domain:
- Lockepick has expressed interest in the Sheriff role (ancilla)
- Sparrowhawke's got a Scourge I need to review (ancilla)
- RedPhoenix has expressed interest in playing the Keeper of Elysium (ancilla)
- Jaded has a Deputy for our Sheriff I need to review (ancilla)

Kia, Jaded, and Sparrowhawke, I'll review all of your sheets tonight and get you feedback tomorrow! So excited to see all these new sheets!  :D

Need Harpies (they may be ancilla) or more neonates to round the game out a bit and provide variety. :)

RedPhoenix

Name: Deliverance "Vera" Ward
Clan: Ventrue
Nature: Conformist
Demeanor: Judge

Attributes

Dexterity: **
Stamina: ***

Charisma: **** (Specialization: Public Relations)
Manipulation: ***** (Specialization: Corporate Schemes)
Appearance: **

Perception: **
Intelligence: ***
Wits: **** (Specialization: Raconteur)

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression: **
Intimidation: ***** (Veiled Threats)
Leadership: ***** (Commands)
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: ***** (Feigning Morality)

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: ***
Firearms: **
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: **
Computer: **
Finance: ***** (Stock Market)
Investigation:
Linguistics: * (German)
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics: ***
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Contacts ** (Chief of Police, Head Judge of the Court)
Resources ****
Generation ***
Status ** (Camarilla)

Disciplines:

Dominate ***

Virtues:

Courage: *

Humanity/Path: 7

Blood Pool: 2 / 13 (1/turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Personality: Depending on who you are, Vera is either cold and unapproachable or the sweetest dear you'll ever meet. This will depend on how much power and social status you have, less so money than one might think. She talks eagerly about topics she is genuinely interested in. These include - finance, business, fine art, theater, and social traditions. She constantly bemoans the sorry state of music and art in today's world, and the decline in social values brought about by the decreasing influence of the church. Professes to be a devout Catholic. She is very focused, alert, and can always be counted on to do what is fashionable (in a timeless sort of way) and socially acceptable. Doesn't open up about her true feelings at all. Seems to favor young, beautiful, subservient things for her partners when she takes one, the less of a mind of their own the better.

History: Deliverance was named after one of her ancestors who happened to be one of the original New England colonists. Her family slowly accumulated wealth and influence over the ages, letting the Vanderbilts and the Rockefellers take the public eye while they enjoyed their equally opulent mansions and lifestyles in more private seclusion.

Vera was born in a mansion on 5th avenue in the height of the Gilded Age. She was a very good child, always doing exactly as her father and mother told her, learning her lessons and knowing her place. She did so well that she was sent to the schooling that had been intended for her twin brother, who idled away his luxury safe in the knowledge that mother and father would never really punish him. For Vera it was more about earning praise than avoiding punishment. When she returned from her schooling with the top marks of the class and having maintained her virtue despite the many advances of the young gentlemen she attended classes with she was introduced to a shocking family secret. Her great ancestor was still moving, not alive, but quite undead.

Vera thought she was losing her mind when she was embraced by her very-great-grandmother. She spent time in an asylum hidden in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota that had been specially arranged for this purpose by her quite wise ancestor. It was a luxurious and lavish treatment center, staffed entirely by ghouls and whose only patients were young affluent vampires who had been recently embraced (although the basement was rumored to house those poor souls who had never quite adapted) and when she finally came to terms with who she was she made quick friends with her peers, all destined to be the next generation of Ventrue.

When she returned her family had abandoned the increasingly common Manhattan for a new, enormous estate on the Upper East Side. At a family dinner great old Deliverance instructed the family that Vera was to be in charge of finances and estates from then on. There was no discussion. Deliverance then returned to her torpor deep beneath the earth of their new home and Vera took her place as the head of the house.

Her family thrived, thanks to her new abilities and connections. The servants were bled for her meals and most of them happily agreed to for the compensation they received and the chance of Vera losing control and using them for more than blood. Vera lived this life comfortably for some time, making money for her family, sending the appropriate taxes to the Ventrue, and enjoying luxury as New York City proper was slowly lost to the Sabbat. Vera was never responsible for Manhattan, but that didn't stop fingers from being pointed her way when the Camarilla abandoned the city. The security around her estate increased, and the chaos loving Sabbat learned that she was a harder target than any of her neighbors, and her little enclave of Camarilla territory survived in happy obscurity, if no small amounts of comparison to Nero were snidely whispered her way.

It was only recently that she had a visitor. The great Justicar of the Ventrue himself came to dine at the Ward Estate. He had a favor to ask. Favors from the Justicar of course are not really favors, more of demands. She was to uproot herself from her comfortable home and visit Seattle, to assist the Primogen there in any way possible. Sort of make up for sitting idle while we lost New York eh? There's a good lass.

Vera was unable to move the vast majority of her family's resources without arousing suspicion. Her presence was welcomed with polite suspicion by the Primogen, who himself had received a similar 'favor' that was asked by the Justicar to take her in as his new Keeper, and while the Primogen took advantage quickly of her financial skills he, rightly, doesn't quite believe she isn't a spy for the Justicar. However they both despise the other vampires in the city (and the humans, and the werewolves, and really everyone who isn't themselves) slightly more than they despise each other and are working together acceptably well for now. Vera resents the assignment and looks forward to going home, but she understand the more she rushes it the less likely she is to succeed and she doesn't want another New York on her resume.

Your O/Os for this character: Vera enjoys high class, artistic sex where she is worshiped by the young and beautiful. She despises anything that could be seen as crude, common, or vulgar.

Spendings:

Freebie - 15
3 - +3 to generation (background 1 point/dot)
1 - +1 to resources (background 1 point/dot)
4 - +2 to expression (ability 2 points/dot)
4 - +2 to finance (ability 2 points/dot)
4 - +4 to willpower (willpower 1 point/dot)

XP - 75

5 - +2 to Status (Camarilla) (3 to buy new Background, 2 (1x2) to increase to 2)
16 - +1 to Manipulation (4x4 to increase to 5)
12 - +1 to Wits (3x4 to increase to 4)
14 - +2 to Intimidation (3x2 = 6, 4x2 = 8 to increase from 3 to 5)
14 - +2 to Leadership (3x2 = 6, 4x2 = 8 to increase from 3 to 5)
14 - +2 to Subterfuge (3x2 = 6, 4x2 =8 to increase from 3 to 5)

Blythe

@ Sparrowhawke: Sheet approved!

(No worries, folks, am working on sheet review tonight. Anyone who submitted a sheet should hear back, at the latest, tomorrow!)

Blythe

@ Jaded: Sheet approved! (I'll edit in a link to your O/O matrix when I post up your sheet, just let me know if you have any O/Os that aren't mentioned in the matrix for your Brujah! (I'm still reviewing the ghoul retainers you submitted via PM; they'll likely be placed in the World Building thread as minor NPCs if they are approved)

I won't post your sheet yet, though, Jaded--let me know if you want her to start with a full Blood Pool or not. Once I know that, I'll post her up.

As a note for everyone: I'm letting everyone start with a full Blood Pool, unless you just happen to want to roll for it and start out a bit hungry. :-)

Blythe

@ Kia: Sheet approved! Before I post it up, please let me know if you wish to have a full Blood Pool or prefer to keep what you have listed. (I may clean up the formatting just a touch when posting it, if that's all right?)

Update: Okie dokie, we've got a lot of Malkavians--we're up to three. I am no longer accepting Malkavian characters until things balance out a bit with other Clan choices!

Kia

Quote from: Blythe on August 30, 2016, 08:38:01 PM
@ Kia: Sheet approved! Before I post it up, please let me know if you wish to have a full Blood Pool or prefer to keep what you have listed. (I may clean up the formatting just a touch when posting it, if that's all right?)

Thanks Blythe! Really excited to play Lyssa :D A full blood pool would be great, and full permission to clean up the format :)

RedPhoenix

I am already in character and despising you Malkavians for being so ostentatious and dramatic.

p.s. also Geeklet.

Rummy Tum Tum

I am interested in joining this. Always wanted to do a VtM game (and by always I mean since I played Bloodlines a few years ago). I've got a lot of reading up to do, but I'm down for it. This would also be my second tabletop RPG. My first was a custom fantasy game an old friend made a couple years back, and it was done over skype call. So I'm new to doing this via forum too.
P.S: I'm leaning towards Gangrel.

Lockepick

Name: Sean Fulton
Clan: Ventrue
Gender/Sex: Cis-Male
Nature: Rogue
Demeanor: Survivor

Attributes

Strength: ●●●●○ (Powerful Arms)
Dexterity: ●●●○○
Stamina: ●●●●○ (Tough as Nails)

Charisma: ●●●○○
Manipulation: ●●●●○ (Persuasive)
Appearance: ●●○○○

Perception: ●●●○○
Intelligence: ●●○○○
Wits: ●●○○○

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ●●○○○
Athletics: ●●●○○
Brawl:
Dodge: ●●●○○
Empathy: ●●○○○
Expression:
Intimidation: ●●○○○
Leadership:
Streetwise: ●●●○○
Subterfuge: ●●●○○

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts: ●●●●○ (Weapons)
Drive: ●○○○○
Etiquette: ●●○○○
Firearms:
Melee: ●●●●○ (Self-Crafted)
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival: ●○○○○

Knowledges:
Academics: ●○○○○
Computer:
Finance: ●○○○○
Investigation: ●●●○○
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult: ●●○○○
Politics:
Science: ●○○○○

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Status (Camarilla): ●●●○○
Influence: ●●●●●
- (Arms Dealers, Police, Public Transit, Drug Dealers, City Coroner)
Resources: ●●●○○
Haven: ●●○○○ (Size 1, Security 1)
Generation: ●●●●○
Herd: ●●○○○

Disciplines:
Fortitude: ●●●○○
Dominate: ●○○○○
Potence: ●●○○○

Virtues:
Conscience: ●●○○○

Self-Control: ●●●●○

Courage: ●●●●●

Humanity: ●●●●● ○○○○○

Willpower: 8 / 8

Blood Pool: 14 (2/rd)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
(- 2pt) Calm Heart: +2 vs Frenzy
(- 2pt) Enchanting Voice: -2 Difficulty on Social Checks

Flaws:
(- 0pt) Clan Weakness: Prey Exclusion of only Low-Class Males (middle/lower Socioeconomic status)
(+ 2pt) Territorial
(+ 2pt) Vengeful
(+ 3pt) Permanent Fangs

Personality:
- Sean treats Court like a special club or the cool kid's table at lunch. He's proud to be a Vampire, and proud for some companionship in that regard.
- He has a capacity for violence and cruelty, even if he doesn't care for it. He acts ruthlessly in protecting his Kingdom (and keeping out poachers), convincing himself that one horrible act would prevent multiple less-horrible acts in the future. He carries a similar philosophy when dealing with Kindred or external threats: if he can show what a ruthless enemy or judge he'd be, maybe people will think twice about trying.
- He's a salesman and an artist, and he takes pride in his work. Even if he could rest on his laurels and get business by simply being a necessary part of the Danse Macabre, he puts effort into people enjoying business with him, in wanting to come back for more.

History: 
- Sean was born upper-middle class in Texas to doctors, but failed to have the skills or smarts to follow in those footsteps. His parents kept giving him 'opportunities', pushing him towards it, and in a move for independence, he pulled away from them, including their financial support. He got a job in a machine shop in Houston, and pressure to prove to his parents that he was doing just fine on his own lead him taking any additional jobs he could -- even for criminal factions using the machine shop as a base. He helped traffic drugs and guns through the machine shop, as well as any other contraband that happened to pass through.
- He was making a name for himself in Houston, even if it was just as an 'up and comer'. He got the attention of a Ventrue who heard of his 'pedigree' and his success, and thought he could help him live up to the potential of his upbringing better than his parents. Sean was embraced, and his Sire was no better at steering Sean towards more intellectual pursuits than his biological parents.
- Sean's Sire was beholden to Duchamps, and during Duchamps campaign to extend the borders of Seattle and take territory from the Garou, he called upon what was owed to him. Sean's Sire was beginning to accept his failure with Sean as a 'project', and took care of two problems at once by sending Sean in his stead. The young Ventrue was expected, by both his Sire and Duchamps, to serve as a meat shield, but proved himself to be more than capable of fighting the Garou threat. Outside of being an excellent foot soldier, his true value to the campaign was through his expertise in metalworking and in arming Duchamps forces with silver weapons.
- Duchamps had been successful, and during that time, Sean's Sire met his Final Death. Sean decided to stay in Seattle, having a better reputation there compared to Houston. He continued to serve the Court, growing a web of connections to assist with defending the Court from outside threats. He was made Sheriff in 1982, directly prior to Mama Kay's awakening, as part of the Prince's efforts to ensure stability upon her return.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os are listed here.

Freebie/XP Ledger

Freebies: (15)
(+3) Flaws - Merits
(-2) Crafts 3 -> 4
(-2) Melee 3 -> 4
(-3) Resources 0 -> 3
(-3) Haven 0 -> 3
(-3) Generation 0 -> 3
(-2) Herd 0 -> 2
(-3) Willpower 5 -> 8

Starting Experience (75)
(-9) Status (Camarilla) 0 -> 3
(-4) Self Control 3 -> 4
(-15) Fortitude 1 -> 3
(-7) Potence 1 -> 2
(-8) Dexterity 2 -> 3
(-4) Charisma 1 -> 2
(-4) Intelligence 1 -> 2
(-6) Investigation 1 -> 3
(-2) Occult 1 -> 2
(-6) Dodge 1 -> 3
(-6) Athletics 1 -> 3
(-2) Alertness 1 -> 2
(-2) Etiquette 1 -> 2
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Blythe

Currently reviewing Red and Locke's sheets!

It's come to my attention that since I'm allowing ancilla, it's probably in my best interest to lower the generations on the Primogen NPCs. I'll go do that--that way we don't have ancilla who are lower generation than the Primogen council.

Hades

*Mutters and erases all his plans to take over the city from his whiteboard, and starts from scratch*  :D

Blythe

Quote from: Hades on August 30, 2016, 09:44:54 PM
*Mutters and erases all his plans to take over the city from his whiteboard, and starts from scratch*  :D

You'll always have a chance to rise in station! I want there to be some movers and shakers, so don't wipe out that whiteboard just yet.   ;D

And there are going to be chances to diablerize elders. <dramatic sound effect here!>  The NPCs are not going to be untouchable for clever enough, strong enough, or conniving enough Kindred.  >:)

Jaded

Quote from: Blythe on August 30, 2016, 08:20:40 PM
@ Jaded: Sheet approved! (I'll edit in a link to your O/O matrix when I post up your sheet, just let me know if you have any O/Os that aren't mentioned in the matrix for your Brujah! (I'm still reviewing the ghoul retainers you submitted via PM; they'll likely be placed in the World Building thread as minor NPCs if they are approved)

I won't post your sheet yet, though, Jaded--let me know if you want her to start with a full Blood Pool or not. Once I know that, I'll post her up.

Thanks!  I'd prefer she starts full, as otherwise her first course of action would be to go find something to chew on. 

Hades

Oh I already have my sights set on a particular position and have already started trying to work out the steps to get there and how many dominoes will need to get toppled along the way.
Because <more dramatic music> elders make a delicious midnight snack.

Sparrowhawke

Geeklet

Name: Sandra "Candy" Kayne
Clan: Nosferatu
Nature: Curmudgeon
Demeanor: Deviant
Generation: 12th

Attributes

Dexterity: ***

Manipulation: **** Subtle
Appearance: 0

Intelligence: ***
Wits: **** Cool-Headed

Abilities

Talents:
Brawl: *
Dodge: *
Empathy: *
Expression:
Intimidation: *
Leadership:
Streetwise: ***
Subterfuge: **

Skills:
Animal Ken: *
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: **
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security: **
Stealth: ***
Survival: **

Knowledges:
Academics:
Finance:
Investigation: **
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics: *
Science: *

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Generation: *

Disciplines:
Animalism: *
Obfuscate: **
Potence: *

Virtues:

Courage: ***

Humanity: *******

Willpower: *****

Blood Pool: *********

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Long Fingers (1 pt)
Tought Hide (2 pt)

Compulsion: Smoking (1 pt)

Personality: Between the reasoning behind her embrace, and the way she had been treated afterwards, Sandra has turned into a jaded and cynical bitch. There is a part of her that still craves attention though, but due to the change in appearance, she has turned to the occasional shock, rather than awe.

History: Sandra's tale starts in 1950s Hollywood. A girl fresh out of high school moved to California with dreams of becoming a model. After a couple years of struggling, she was finally starting to make some headway as a pinup model.

This caught the attention of one of the local Toreador, who hired the Nosferatu to do a bit of a background check. The Toreador wasn't impressed with the results, however. Whether the Nosferatu saw something within Sandra and sabotaged the results, or perhaps she was to be used as some political ploy, the true intentions of Sandra's embrace may never truly be known. The reason that she and most of the other local kindred were given was that it was to help teach her a lesson. As a human, she was seen as vain and self centered, but her sire wanted her to be more.

That wasn't the end, though. Most of her time post-embrace was spent confined to the local warrens. As she was being taught some of the basics needed for survival as a Nosferatu, most of the others degraded and mocked her for her human life.

It took several decades, but finally she had enough, and arranged transport up the west coast, winding up in Seattle, looking to make her own mark on the world, rather than be the joke for everyone else. But if the experience did teach her one lesson, it was that life is a bitch. Now, so is she.

Your O/Os for this character: O/O thread. Can't think of anything right now that would apply to the character that doesn't apply to me.

Freebies: 19
+1 gained from Flaws
+3 gained from unused background points, per PM discussion with Blythe

Merits (3)
Dex 2->3 (5)
Obfuscate 1->2 (7)
Willpower 3->5 (2)
Stealth 2->3 (2)

With as much as I started and stopped, I wouldn't be surprised if I messed up somewhere, but there it is.

Jaded

Is 'Current Rating' when you do experience calculated based on where you start, or where you end up?

Hades

It's the new rating you are buying.  Which is why you see other White Wolf games change it to saying "New times x number" for their costs when they did their revisions (or publication in the case of DtF).

Or at least I hope that's the system being used, otherwise I need to recalculate my xp on my sheet and buy moar of the things.  :D

AndyZ

Quote from: Hades on August 31, 2016, 08:01:36 AM
It's the new rating you are buying.  Which is why you see other White Wolf games change it to saying "New times x number" for their costs when they did their revisions (or publication in the case of DtF).

Or at least I hope that's the system being used, otherwise I need to recalculate my xp on my sheet and buy moar of the things.  :D

I'm used to old rating, and hope Blythe chimes in on this.

Geeklet

RedPhoenix

Whoops. I used current rating to meant the uh, you know, current rating. Why white wolf gotta be so vague about everything. :(

Guess I'll be renumbering things. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Geeklet on August 31, 2016, 08:14:19 AM
Pffft, this is why we need more neonates!
-raises hand- I'm looking to make a neonate. It'll be great, since I'm actually a newbie. Or it'll be terrible. However it goes, I'll give it a try.

Blythe

Current rating means 'old rating.'

Example: If you had 1 dot of an ability, to bump it higher, you'd pay 2 EXP (Current rating [1] x 2).

I tend to keep it that way because it encourages people to diversify out their Abilities.

My bad on your sheet, Hades, go buy moar things. >_>;

RedPhoenix

Blythe

Also, anyone else that already submitted a sheet--if you used the new rating instead of old when buying things (talking to those playing ancilla here), recalculate and buy moar things. :P

careless GM was careless, I need y'all to keep me in line with questions like these. >_<

Blythe

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 31, 2016, 08:33:27 AM
-raises hand- I'm looking to make a neonate. It'll be great, since I'm actually a newbie. Or it'll be terrible. However it goes, I'll give it a try.

Received your PM, will get back to you some time today. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

@RedPhoenix : Sheet approved, so yay, we have a Keeper of Elysium.  :-) Before I post her up in the CS thread, though, you have the option to start at a full Blood Pool. If you prefer not to, that's also fine, but wanted to be sure you knew you had the option.

AndyZ

Dog's Quest is going very well, but that means I'm not getting enough creativity in other places.  It looks like I may not get out an idea within the next few days.  Apologies.

Hades

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 09:42:57 AM
Current rating means 'old rating.'

Example: If you had 1 dot of an ability, to bump it higher, you'd pay 2 EXP (Current rating [1] x 2).

I tend to keep it that way because it encourages people to diversify out their Abilities.

My bad on your sheet, Hades, go buy moar things. >_>;

PM sent with a request for moar of the things. :D

Blythe

And because I need to do this to keep up, gotta make a VtM to-do:
> Review Lockepick's sheet
> Review Geeklet's sheet
> RubySlippers -> Equipment review, make sheet changes as requested
> Rummy's PM and brainstorming ideas!

If your name isn't in my to-do and I owe you an answer for something, PM me. Running a large sandbox is going to be fun, but there is also the chance I'll miss details sometimes, so please don't hesitate to speak up if you think I might have forgotten you!

RubySlippers

I'm working on another character should be ready to post but any clans not represented yet with a neonate?

Blythe

@ Geeklet: Sheet approved!  I'll post Sandra up in the CS thread shortly!

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 31, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
I'm working on another character should be ready to post but any clans not represented yet with a neonate?

Hmmm. We've got a Caitiff, two Malkavians, and now a Nosferatu--In terms of neonates, I would strongly like to see Brujah, Ventrue, Gangrel, Tremere, Toreador, and there's room for another Nosferatu. I'd also allow a Schismatic Assamite who's broken from the main Clan and gone to the Camarilla. Not currently permitting other Caitiff, thin-bloods, or more Malkavians until things balance out a bit more.

(Please note that 2nd characters will take longer for me to approve; I'm prioritizing those on their first characters)

Re Z L

It's been a long time since I've played a V:tM game, and this has put the itch back in my brain...

I think I'd like to do either a Toreador or a Nossie, might be a day or two before I can piece something together though
A&A

Blythe

Quote from: Re Z L on August 31, 2016, 05:31:53 PM
It's been a long time since I've played a V:tM game, and this has put the itch back in my brain...

I think I'd like to do either a Toreador or a Nossie, might be a day or two before I can piece something together though

Most excellent--either of those would be acceptable! Feel free to PM me if you want to run any concepts by me or brainstorm character ideas. (I don't mind a bit of a delay; I'm still working through submitted sheets and PMs)

Blythe

@ Lockepick: Sheet approved! I'll post him up in the CS thread. So...we got a new Sheriff in town.  ;D

Feel free to pick out equipment, Lockepick, and PM me so I can review it.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 02:26:20 PM
@RedPhoenix : Sheet approved, so yay, we have a Keeper of Elysium.  :-) Before I post her up in the CS thread, though, you have the option to start at a full Blood Pool. If you prefer not to, that's also fine, but wanted to be sure you knew you had the option.

Definitely prefer to start at full! Thank you! <3

Rummy Tum Tum

Name: Jack Greene
Clan: Gangrel
Gender/Sex: Male
Nature: Martyr
Demeanor: Loner

Attributes

Strength: ***
Dexterity: **** (Feline Grace)

Manipulation: **
Appearance: ***

Abilities

Talents:
Brawl: **
Dodge: *
Empathy: ***
Expression:
Intimidation:  *
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: *

Skills:
Animal Ken: ***
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms: **
Melee:
Performance:
Security: *
Stealth: **** (Silent Movement)
Survival: ***

Knowledges:
Academics:
Finance:
Investigation: **
Law:
Linguistics:
Occult: *
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Generation: ****
Mentor: ****
Disciplines:
Animalism: *
Fortitude: *
Protean: **

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: ***

Self-Control/Instinct: ***

Courage: ****

Humanity/Path: 6

Blood Pool: 14 (2 per turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
(-1) Acute Sense: Sight is exceptionally sharp. The difficulties for all tasks involving the use of this particular sense are reduced by two.
Flaws:
(+3) Haunted: Jack will be haunted by the spirit of his late father.

Personality: Jack was an openly kind child, but as he grew older, he grew more cynical, and began to act coldly towards others. Kindness and playfulness still reside within him, it is just well hidden, and saved only for those he deems worthy of it or in need of it. He is a good listener, but not much of a talker. Most notably, he can tend to be incredibly sarcastic or rude. He prefers honest, straightforward conversations, and the concept of dealing in politics-- kindred or kine-- disturbs him. The things he values most are freedom, trust, and loyalty.

History: Jack's childhood was relatively normal. Go to school, make friends, play sports, get older, see your parents divorce, get over it and enjoy the boon of having two Christmases. Simple stuff. But things changed when one night, his father came home, ranting and raving about how he saw a vampire suck a man dry. He called the authorities, of course, but was met with the expected irritation and disbelief such claims would bring. Being a thirteen year old boy, Jack was past believing in vampires and fairy tales, but he didn't want to tell his father that he thought he might be going crazy. Maybe he didn't want to believe it. Whatever the case was, he stood by, watching as his father's sanity seemed to deteriorate before him, and his obsession became overwhelming. He met with other nut jobs who believed in the supernatural; people who claimed to be on a righteous mission to cleanse such unholy scum from this earth. Obviously, things got crazier from then on. His father would spend nights out hunting with his new fellows, carrying crosses and shotguns. He lost his job, and was barely able to keep minimum wage work. Jack had to pitch in, doing odd jobs for cash just to keep them off the streets. Some mornings, his father would come back manically declaring victory against the devil himself. He would rope Jack into fervent prayer sessions, and eventually began training him in the way of the hunt, determined to get the young man to believe in his cause and join up. Several times, Jack tried his hand at running away, but as crazed as his father seemed to be, he was an excellent tracker. In the end, he resigned to staying, and hoped that he could somehow get through to his father. This endeavor went about as well as one might expect.

The year was 1999, Jack's twenty-fourth birthday had recently passed, and his father had grown tired of his bitter, sardonic remarks, defiant ways, and refusal to believe in the truth of the world. He decided that on the night of this hunt, he would bring Jack along, despite his unwillingness. Jack wasn't quite sure what to expect. All he knew for sure was that his father and his band of loony misfits went out on some nights with shotguns, and sometimes people would come back wounded or splattered in blood. He never asked any questions, but knew that whatever they did while claiming to hunt vampires was indeed dangerous. For all he knew, they were hunting goths or gangsters in the streets. He would openly admit his fear in this situation.

As they wandered through a forested area on the outskirts of town, in search of what they called a "feral vampire", they were met with a grim surprise. Having no clue that they themselves were being stalked, they obliviously stepped into the traps laid out by a far superior hunter. Before he could understand what was happening, he was grappled from behind. Some hunters now hung upside down by their legs from tree branches, and others were crying out in pain as bear traps snapped at their ankles, crunching bone. His father suffered the latter treatment. Jack struggled, but he might as well have been a toddler trying to break free from an adults grasp. As he glanced over his shoulder, he caught a glimpse of glowing red eyes, and the truth finally dawned on him. The woman jeered and called out intimidating words to the hunters, but his mind was too busy racing to take in everything she said. His father had been right this entire time, and he had treated him like a lunatic. Looking into his father's hopeless, fearful eyes, his heart grew full with remorse and sadness, enough to almost rival the sheer terror. Then he saw as his father fought through the pain and grab for his shotgun. A very brief feeling of optimism was immediately overshadowed by confusion and horror as the gun was aimed at him. "I'd rather watch my boy die than get turned by some demon bitch!" his father cried, and he followed this venomous line with a pull of the trigger. Jack would remember this moment for the rest of his short life, and-- he was sure-- for the rest of his unlife as well. There was no hesitation in it. In fact, he seemed glad to deny the vampire her meal. Petty vengeance disguised as an act of valiant sacrifice. This is how he came to see it.

Extreme pain hit him like a truck, convulsions wracked his body, and the screams and shrieks around him cut through the night as death's embrace threatened to take him. Next, there was more pain, but it was relatively slight, and accompanied by a rapturous pleasure that overwhelmed every other sense. He remembers smiling as he was fed upon, and how he felt himself grow jittery with laughter, or perhaps it was just the death throes. Perhaps both. He also remembers waking with the most ravenous hunger in the pit of his stomach. He fed on his father and the other hunters with little hesitation. The guilt and disgust he felt afterward, mixed with divine euphoria, would be experienced many times after this. Now that his embrace was complete, he was introduced to his Sire. Her name was Grendel, and as he would soon learn, she was kind of a big deal; as was the fact that she embraced him without permission. For one of her status, fortunately, asking forgiveness rather than permission was apparently an option.

The next year was mired in lessons about Kindred life, and training in the art of the hunt. Grendel was a demanding teacher, and not one to repeat herself, but she was fair overall. She fostered his independence, and rewarded his advancement in skill while punishing failure. She said what she meant, and had no problem doing so. She also showed a surprising amount of kindness to him. He respected her skill from the start, but began respecting her as person rather quickly. Seemingly without effort, she had won his loyalty. Now, his training is over, and it is time for his official lessons to come to an end. He will be presented to Prince Telucti, and providing he doesn't fuck up and get himself killed, he will attain the rank of Neonate.

Your O/Os for this character: Pretty much anything not involving scat or gore.

Freebies

Merits: -1
Flaws: +3

17 Points
(-3) Mentor (1 to 4) = 14
(-4) Empathy (1 to 3) = 10
(-2) Subterfuge (0 to 1) = 8
(-7) Protean (1 to 2) = 1
(-1) Willpower (4 to 5) = 0

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 05:08:01 PM
@ Geeklet: Sheet approved!  I'll post Sandra up in the CS thread shortly!

Hmmm. We've got a Caitiff, two Malkavians, and now a Nosferatu--In terms of neonates, I would strongly like to see Brujah, Ventrue, Gangrel, Tremere, Toreador, and there's room for another Nosferatu. I'd also allow a Schismatic Assamite who's broken from the main Clan and gone to the Camarilla. Not currently permitting other Caitiff, thin-bloods, or more Malkavians until things balance out a bit more.

(Please note that 2nd characters will take longer for me to approve; I'm prioritizing those on their first characters)

Ears twitch and brain juices start to flow...

I also have an Idea for an interesting Toreador too, since they appear to be lacking atm. Or I could bring in a Tremere for some "Prince Lovin"...

Please take your pick, Good Sir, oh GMly type, and I shall run some numbers and see what I can come up with. Pity we cant use the old clan books...

Blythe

Rummy, I'll review your sheet today. :)

And maurader....oh man it's so hard to pick between them. But you said Schismatic Assamite's got the creative juices flowing, so go with that one.  ;D

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

@ Rummy --Sheet approved! I'll post Jack up in the CS thread and PM you!

Rummy Tum Tum

Re Z L

Name:  Edward Burgess (AKA "Baby-Face Eddy", "Ears", and "Mummy")
Clan:  Nosferatu
Gender/Sex:  Male/Male
Nature:  Trickster
Demeanor:  Guru
Generation:  11th

Attributes

Strength: ***
Stamina: **** (Tough as Nails)

Manipulation: ***
Appearance: 0

Abilities

Talents (9):
Alertness:  **
Athletics:  *
Brawl: 
Dodge:  **
Empathy:  ***
Expression:   ***
Intimidation:  *
Leadership:
Streetwise:  *
Subterfuge:  ***

Skills (5):
Animal Ken:  **
Crafts: 
Drive: 
Etiquette: 
Firearms: 
Melee:  **
Performance: 
Security: 
Stealth:  ***
Survival: 

Knowledges (13):
Academics:  ***
Computer:  **** (Bypassing Security)
Finance:  **
Investigation:  **** (Database Research)
Law:  *
Linguistics:  *
Medicine: 
Occult: 
Politics:  **
Science: 

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Status (Nosferatu)  ***
Status (Camarilla)  **
Generation:  **

Domain:  *

An unreclaimed section of the remains from the Seattle Fire of 1889--the tunnels themselves and the street level above.

Contacts:  ***

WSDOT Supervisor
Animal Control Officer
FedEx Freight Manager

Retainers:  *
Ghouled Raven

Disciplines:
Animalism:  **
Obfuscate:  **
Potence:  **

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:  ****

Self-Control/Instinct:  ***

Courage:  ***

Humanity/Path:  *******

Willpower:  ******

Blood Pool:
Current:  12
Maximum: 12
Blood Points per turn: 1

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Enchanting Voice (2)
Concentration (1)
Code of Honor (2)
Calm Heart (3)
Elysium Regular (1)
Inoffensive to Animals (1)

Soft Hearted (1)
Anosmia (2)
Necrophile (3)

Personality:

Like some undead caricature of the Budai he is amicable and friendly, at least by outward appearances.  Where he used to beat people near to death with a smile on his face he now erodes their sense of self with a similar smile and a jocular quip.  He is generally a "warm-hearted" sort, though at times his comments can seem scathing if he deems it necessary to take a more direct approach with someone.  Purifying the ideas and emotions of others, after all, can be a painful process for them but he attempts to ease them into it when needed.

Of course he has darker parts of his psyche--just as all vampires do--which he deals with on his own.  Growing lonely for a time he turned to keeping himself company with the dead, and having grown quite accustomed to their company tends to keep them around in areas that he is frequently alone.  Being social by nature he prefers having company, either imagined or real which has lead to him frequenting the local Elysium.

Some vestiges of his past remain in his demeanor.  He is a prim and proper gangster, and he carries himself as such despite the new attitudes he has towards life.  This can be off-putting at first, but people generally warm up to him over time when the realize he is a little deeper than the old habits.

Code of Honor

His Code of Honor mimics the Five Precepts (referenced at the end).

• Do not kill living beings
    Notes:  Self explanatory, but it is worth mentioning that the undead do not qualify (he doesn't advertise this of course)
  • Do not cling to material or immaterial things
    Notes:  One of the more confusing ones.  Basically this is the avoiding of desire for specific things (positions of power, personal property) and thus means no stealing or doing things to hold onto what he has.  Generally he will not take things unless the person is freely giving it to him.  He doesn't extend this to taking blood from mortals though it does cause him some measure of grief.
  • Do not participate in sexual misconduct
    Notes:  Self explanatory.  Misconduct, in this case, means perversions that are illegal or that may cause harm.  Generally he will abstain from any sexual activity.
  • Do not use incorrect speech
    Notes:  Another confusing precept that has a variety of meanings.  For mechanical purposes it means not directly lying.  The exception being that he can mislead people if it will lead to some greater benefit (ie. tricking people into doing the right thing).
  • Do not cloud the mind with alternate states of consciousness
    Notes:  Don't let the Beast take over.  Don't use drugs.  Pretty straightforward.  Being the victim of temporary derangements will cause him some measure of grief (ie. Dementation) and he will never learn such a discipline that would cause that on others.

Five Precepts

The Five Precepts:

• Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.
  • Adinnadana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.
  • Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
  • Musavada veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.
  • Suramerayamajja pamadatthana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.

History:

The Roarin' Twenties weren't always quite so roarin' for certain groups of people.  For Eddy growing up was harsh enough as it was, though his parents got the real brunt of it.  Getting work was hard enough as it was in old Pennsylvania, so they eventually moved a little farther to the west, ending up in Chicago around the time Eddy was in his teens.

Between youthful indiscretion and parents that were too busy trying to find work it wasn't too difficult for him to get into trouble until he eventually wound up on the radar of splintered groups of Capone's gangs.  It's always good to get them when they're young, or so they say, and Eddy was ripe for the taking.  It was just an after-school job--which helped out at home some--at first but eventually it became more and more morally ambiguous what it was he was doing until eventually he was working more directly for a burgeoning criminal empire.  'Enforcer' was something of a quaint way of saying that Eddy's job was to go around and make sure people upheld their ends of bargains.  He was pretty good at it too.  It was a rare talent to have to keep up a polite conversation with a smile on your face while using a baseball bat to break a person's knees.  It helped that he had kind of a youthful, innocent look to him too.

Of course Capone couldn't stay on the wrong side of the law for long without something coming along to snatch him up, but luckily Eddy was long gone by then.  Ironically he was already nearer to Alcatraz than Capone was.  They were expanding work in San Francisco in order to get a better footing on the Opium trade and the powers that be decided that such a place was a great area to use Baby-Face-Eddy in.  Years went by and leadership came and went, but Eddy stayed pretty constant in the underbelly of San-Fran--an obvious fixture in the areas that had long since started to be called China Town.

Unbeknownst to him, though, a certain section of society had started to take a notice of his activities.  There were two particular vampires that might have at one point been his future sire.  A Brujah had taken some liking of Eddy's direct methods for doing what he did, and a Nosferatu that had noticed something different than what the Brujah saw.  Through either deception or savvy political maneuvering it was the Nosferatu that secured the rights to recruit him, and so began a lengthy process of education and eventual embrace.

His future Sire was an odd one, serving as something of a spiritual leader amongst those that lived near a meager Buddhist temple in Chinatown.  As such he had some sway over the community and crossed paths on more than one occasion with Eddy.  It wasn't until he knew he could safely embrace him that his Sire began more pronounced destruction of Eddy's views (and subsequently his life).  Eddy was, at this point, little more than a leaf drifting on the breeze and felt very little direction in his life.  The suffering he caused was in turn beginning to cause suffering of his own--mental, emotional, and in some cases physical.  After Capone had been caught he knew that, inevitably, he would be caught as well which made him susceptible for the prodding from his future Sire.

Through judicious use of Obfuscate and a skillfully developed ability to impersonate others, his would-be Sire inserted himself into various facets of Eddy's life and began to poke holes in his world view.  Like water eroding a stone Eddy was slowly worn down over the course of several years, but it wasn't until the time when the authorities were finally coming for him that his Sire eventually struck.  Pulling in a couple of favors he arranged for Eddy's "death" to sever his remaining ties to his past life and subsequently Embraced him.  His Sire then continued his mentoring, having him aid around the temple for a time, until Eddy was used to his new unlife.

Eventually Eddy had to leave, and so he set out to the north to Seattle where he began to build up an "empire" of his own.  He decided to try and help keep others of his kind honest--to a point--amongst each other and to themselves.  He became something of a moral or spiritual "eye of the storm" which eventually earned him the status of a Harpy in the local Elysium, strangely enough.  And it is there that he has remained for many many years.

Your O/Os for this character:

Probably won't be too relevant, but has the same ons/offs as the player.
Note:  I'm generally open to things as well, if you're curious about something feel free to PM me.

Bonus Points (15)

Flaws

• Soft Hearted (+1 BP)
  • Anosmia (+2 BP)
  • Necrophile (+3 BP)

Merits

• Enchanting Voice (-2 BP)
  • Concentration (-1 BP)
  • Code of Honor (-2 BP)
  • Calm Heart (-3 BP)
  • Elysium Regular (-1 BP)
  • Inoffensive to Animals (-1 BP)

Abilities

• Stealth 2 -> 3 (-2 BP)
  • Animal Ken 1 -> 2 (-2 BP)
  • Subterfuge 2 -> 3 (-2 BP)

Willpower 3 -> 6 (-3 BP)

Backgrounds

• Contacts 2 -> 3 (-1 BP)
  • Retainers 0 -> 1 (-1 BP)

Experience Points (75)

Animalism 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Obfuscate 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Potence 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Status (Camarilla) 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Status (Camarilla) 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Manipulation 2 -> 3 (-8 xp)
Expression 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Expression 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Alertness 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Finance 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Investigation 3 -> 4 (-6 xp)
Computer 3 -> 4 (-6 xp)
Empathy 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Etiquette 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Dodge 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Dodge 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Academics 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
A&A

Blythe

Looking forward to seeing the fleshed out personality and history! (Also, love those pictures for your character!). There will be a delay of a few days as I'll be away, so I won't get a chance to review your sheet until around Sunday or Monday, so I do apologize in advance for that delay.

(For those unaware, Re Z L is applying to possibly play a Nosferatu Harpy for Seattle's domain!)

AndyZ

Blythe

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:07:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing the fleshed out personality and history! (Also, love those pictures for your character!). There will be a delay of a few days as I'll be away, so I won't get a chance to review your sheet until around Sunday or Monday, so I do apologize in advance for that delay.

(For those unaware, Re Z L is applying to possibly play a Nosferatu Harpy for Seattle's domain!)

For one, I look forward to there being a Nos Harpy. If he wants that position, I say let him have it.

Once I have a few more overdue posts done, I will return to making my character for this game. Once it is approved, I am open to anyone wanting to have some connection with him - good or ill - to help liven up the game.

Blythe

There's more than one slot for a Harpy--I'm allowing up to three Harpies, because gossip and reputation mongering seems like it'd have a more visceral feel with more than one Harpy.

And take whatever time you need, marauder13! I'm still working on getting the game set up, and I will not have any IC threads open until the 5th (Monday), so there's still time to submit characters. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Re Z L

I agree, the more Harpies the better  ;D

Birds of a feather and all that
A&A

Geeklet

Also, who says a character has to start as a harpy to be one? *may or may not be trying to get that position ICly*

Blythe

The idea of Clan Nosferatu initially making a bid to dominate the gossip-and-reputation scene is an insanely entertaining thought. Imagine some poor Ventrue realizing they have to suck up to the Nosferatu to avoid their reputation being trashed. Just totally flips the High and Low Clans dynamic in a very fun way.  ;D

Re Z L

Quote from: Geeklet on September 02, 2016, 10:17:43 PM
Also, who says a character has to start as a harpy to be one? *may or may not be trying to get that position ICly*

Ha!  That sounds great on several levels  ;D
A&A

Hades

I don't know why you people are so focused on court positions anyway.  When I take over the domain it's all going to change...

er....I mean...

I'm sure nothing will happen to our great and beloved Prince at all, right?   >.>  <.<

Sits in the corner, adjusting his halo   O:)

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:23:03 PM
The idea of Clan Nosferatu initially making a bid to dominate the gossip-and-reputation scene is an insanely entertaining thought. Imagine some poor Ventrue realizing they have to suck up to the Nosferatu to avoid their reputation being trashed. Just totally flips the High and Low Clans dynamic in a very fun way.  ;D

A Ventrue? Think of a Toreador's reaction to that.

Quote from: Hades on September 02, 2016, 10:30:50 PM
I don't know why you people are so focused on court positions anyway.  When I take over the domain it's all going to change...

er....I mean...

I'm sure nothing will happen to our great and beloved Prince at all, right?   >.>  <.<

Sits in the corner, adjusting his halo   O:)

For the right payment, my Assamite would be more than willing to look the other way when it all happens.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:23:03 PM

>.<

Who put this idea in the GM's head?!?!

Oh...Geeklet of course!!!

marauder13

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 02, 2016, 10:40:44 PM
>.<

Who put this idea in the GM's head?!?!

Oh...Geeklet of course!!!

If I took a Nos, I would have put the idea in his head.

Rummy Tum Tum

Damn. This hasn't even started and I already want a second character. I plan to wait til I get more acquainted with the world and such before making it. Or rather, before sending it in. I kinda filled out a rough draft on a sheet already.

Rummy Tum Tum

AndyZ

Name: Noelle Fontaine
Clan: Toreador
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Generation: 9

Attributes

Manipulation: ***
Appearance: ****

Intelligence: **** (Problem Solver)

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ***
Athletics: *
Brawl: *
Dodge:
Empathy: *** 
Expression: *
Intimidation: *
Leadership: *
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: ***

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: *
Firearms:
Melee: *
Performance: ***
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: *
Computer:
Finance: **
Investigation: *
Law: *
Linguistics: * (French)
Occult: *
Politics: *
Science: *

Advantages

Backgrounds: Generation 4 Herd 2 Influence (Theater) 1 Resources 4 Retainer 1 Status (Camarilla) 2 Toreador 2

Disciplines: Auspex 3 Celerity 2 Presence 3 Potence 1

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: 3

Self-Control/Instinct: 4

Courage: 3

Humanity/Path: 7

Willpower: 6

Blood Pool: 14

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Blush of Health 2, Elysium Regular, Former Ghoul, Harmless

Many people who claim that life is a game only say so because they intend to win.  The only fun to be had, though, is while all the pieces are still out and there's no clear victor.

Unlike many Toreador, Noelle isn't afraid to show that she's imperfect if it means that she can grow from the experience.  Eternity is a long time to live in stagnation, and even if she's not always perfect in getting with the times, she puts in an honest effort.  The life she grew up in was so different from the modern day that it's only understandable that she's not always perfect with the fashion styles.

Naturally, though, that doesn't extend to anything about her appearance she cannot change.  She's not overweight; the current societal expectations are simply too ridiculously thin.  Similarly, disparaging remarks about the touch of French accent she'd never been able to overcome never meet a kind reception.

The first couple decades of Noelle's life were in Paris, growing up as a dancer and learning all about beauty.  Becoming a dancer, it didn't take her long to draw the interest of a Toreador and be ghouled.

His name was Raoul Durand.  Even with everything she later learned about the Blood Bond, it still feels real.  He treated her so kindly, so perfectly, even if he did the same with half a dozen others.  He put together a group, all beautiful girls who could dance their routine as perfectly as possible.

Time was a blur.  She only received one night a month with him, but what a night.  She loved the taste of his Vitae, but almost dreaded whenever he opened his veins, for it meant that their time would soon be over.

She never did find out who killed him.

Tragedy struck in Seattle, far less than a beautiful city for all its rain but no less wondrous for all that it had to offer in its own way.  She only spoke rudimentary English by that point, but the choice that she was given was rather clear: someone would vouch for her, someone who owed Raoul a favor.  She could live, or she could die.

Many would say she chose life.  Others could easily claim that to live was no longer truly an option.

It didn't take her long to learn and adapt.  She was always smart as well as beautiful; some even said that that was why she was chosen when others collapsed to withered old age. 

One thing that Raoul always told her came quickly into play: never let yourself stop breathing.  Other than while wearing a corset, she never did.  The reasons eventually became obvious: she could manage herself much more easily that way, staying warm, keeping a reasonable amount of color and even allowing for sex without all the bloody mess that others seemed to require.

Her apprenticeship ended once she had managed her sire's business of the theater long enough to find a ghoul replacement.  By then it was 1960, and the world was rapidly changing.

She's had four decades to build a true name for herself.  The nightclub she owns is called the Second Circle, set up in the University District and painted lovingly with Alighieri imagery.  Every few years, she gives it some sort of a makeover, always striving to make it truly perfect.  Her Retainer is Fernando Morales, a bouncer who is much wiser than he looks but holds little in actual common with her own clan.  Should he ever truly earn the Embrace, she would have to see about finding him a proper sire.

Your O/Os for this character: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=23998

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla). Freebie Points: Backgrounds 7 Merits 5 Willpower 3

Experience: Attributes 16 Abilities 5 Disciplines 45 Backgrounds 9

Blythe

Sheet reviews will be done tonight or tomorrow, Re Z L and AndyZ! I'll be sure to PM you if I have questions or need clarification on anything. ^^

AndyZ

Re Z L

Quote from: Blythe on September 05, 2016, 06:32:14 PM
Sheet reviews will be done tonight or tomorrow, Re Z L and AndyZ! I'll be sure to PM you if I have questions or need clarification on anything. ^^

Sounds good to me, King-in-Yellow  ;D
A&A

Blythe

@ Re Z L: Sheet approved and has been posted to the CS thread! Seattle welcomes having a Nosferatu Harpy!  ;D

Blythe

Note: I am no longer accepting ancilla characters unless you are applying to be a Harpy (marauder13 excepted; he applied for an ancilla spot before my cut-off and was awaiting a reply for a PM from me, so he can still submit one).

Neonates only from here on in for first Kindred characters. I'll open up the floodgates soon for human and ghoul PCs once I have more work done on IC posting and more work done on finalizing people's sheets. :)

marauder13

Hi Bly,

I just noticed that your Talents list differs from the character sheet in the VtM20 rules. It has Awareness, but no Dodge. Will we be sticking to your list as it is in the template, or do I have to rejuggle my numbers to fit the differences?

Cheers,

M13

Blythe

Quote from: marauder13 on September 06, 2016, 05:16:44 AM
Hi Bly,

I just noticed that your Talents list differs from the character sheet in the VtM20 rules. It has Awareness, but no Dodge. Will we be sticking to your list as it is in the template, or do I have to rejuggle my numbers to fit the differences?

Cheers,

M13

I am using the Revised edition, not V20, so you will need to juggle to fit the sheet template provided in-thread. V20 doesn't have a humongous amount of differences from Revised (so it should still be possible for you to make a character), but they did fold Dodge into Athletics. In Revised, those are still two separate skills.

marauder13

Name: Richard bin Taskeen el-Hakim bint Qasim al-Alttayih  A.K.A. Richard Assard
Clan: Assamite (Schismatic)
Gender/Sex: Male
Nature: Scientist
Demeanor: Traditionalist
Generation: 8th

Attributes

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4 (Cat Like Reflexes)
Stamina: 2

Manipulation: 2
Appearance: 2

Wits: 4

Abilities

Talents:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 3
Expression:
Intimidation: 1
Leadership: 2
Subterfuge: 2

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Melee: 3
Performance: 2
Security:
Stealth: 2
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: 2
Computer: 3
Finance:
Investigation: 2
Law:
Linguistics: 1
Medicine: 2
Occult: 4
Politics:
Science: 2

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Contacts: 1
Generation: 5
Herd: 2
Influence: 2
Resources: 3
Status(Camarilla): 1

Disciplines:
Assamite Sorcery: 3
  Awakening of the Steel 3
  Path of Technomancy 2
Auspex: 2
Obfuscate: 0
Quietus: 0

Thaumaturgic Rituals
First Level
Illuminate the Trail of the Prey

Second Level
Ward vs Ghoul

Third Level
Ward vs Lupine

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: 2

Self-Control/Instinct: 3

Courage: 5

Humanity/Path: 6

Willpower: 9

Blood Pool: 15

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Additional Discipline (Auspex): 5
Efficient Digestion: 3
Eidetic Memory: 2

Infertile Vitae: 5

Personality: Richard is close to being a stereotypical Englishman; he is urbane, polite, never offends anyone, unless they have been ill mannered enough to be impolite to himself first. He is a naturally social fellow, and will strike up a conversation with anyone who so desires to have one.

Being an Assamite, he is keenly aware of his tenuous position, but since he has been accepted into the Domain of Seattle, his has let his guard down a little.

History: Richard was the second son of Syrian descent parents who's ancestors immigrated in the early 1800's. On reaching a sufficient age, he joined the British Army, and due to good marks from school, and a natural aptitude for leadership, he entered officer training and was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant. Not long after, he was given a platoon leader role in the 6th Ghurka Regiment, which he held until the outbreak of World War 2. Due to his heritage, he was transfered to MI6, and sent to Arabia to help ready a force to deal with the Turks if they decided to ally with the Germans.

While there, his Sire discovered his investigations, including tracking German agents interested in occult artifacts, and embraced him. He was trained as a Sorcerer, like his Sire, and was soon back in the field hunting for the knowledge to help release the Clan from the Tremere Curse.

When the New Eldest arose, Richard followed his Sire in leaving Almut. But before they parted company, his Sire gave him an assignment that she had been waiting for him to mature some more before giving it to him. As directed, Richard travelled to Seattle, presented himself to the Prince and was accepted into his Domain. Richard then set about getting himself ready to act on his latest assignment.

Your O/Os for this character: Using these.

Freebie Points

Freebie Points: 15 + 5 (Flaws) - 10 (Merits) = 10
Willpower 5 --> 9   4(6)
Herd 0 --> 2   2(4)
Humanity 5 --> 6   1(3)
Resources 0 --> 3   3(0)

XP

Experience Points: 75
Manipulation 1 --> 2   4(71)
Stamina 1 --> 2   4(67)

Assamite Sorcery 2 --> 3   10(57)
Auspex 1 --> 2   5(52)
Path of Technomancy 0 --> 1   7(45)
Path of Technomancy 1 --> 2   4(41)

Empathy 1 --> 2   2(39)
Empathy 2 --> 3   4(35)
Firearms 0 --> 1   3(32)
Investigation 0 --> 1   3(29)
Investigation 1 --> 2   2(27)
Melee 2 --> 3   4(23)
Occult 3 --> 4   6(17)
Performance 0 --> 1   3(14)
Performance 1 --> 2   2(12)
Stealth 1 --> 2   2(10)
Streetwise 1 --> 2   2(8)
Subterfuge 1 --> 2   2(6)

Contacts 1   3(3)
Status (Camarilla) 1   3(0)

Blythe

I'll review your character tomorrow or the next day, marauder13, and I'll PM you if I have questions or need changes to be made. :-)

If anyone else is wishing to submit their 1st character, please feel free to do so in the interim, but remember that I'm not currently accepting any more ancilla, Malkavians, Caitiff, or thin-bloods. In other words, looking specifically for neonates of Camarilla (or maybe other!) varieties!

Our Elysium and Sandbox threads are both currently up, but things have just started, and right now, it's super easy to just plop a character on in to the fun if you're on the fence about joining, although I must warn that the group is very large and has been a bit quick in pace, so if you need any help finding your feet, you can absolutely always come to me to ask for help or assistance! And we have a great group of cooperative and fun players here!  ;D

For people considering making a 2nd character, the floodgates for that will be opened roughabouts on Sept. 14th. By then, I hope to have a list of ratios of what character types we have in order to help people decide what direction they can go in for 2nd character choices. :)

Nadir

Name: Federico Rosselini
Clan: Giovanni
Nature: Deviant
Demeanor: Survivour
Generation: 13th

Attributes

Appearance: *****

Perception: *****
Intelligence: ****

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ***
Athletics:
Brawl:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Firearms: ***
Melee: **
Performance:
Security:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: ***
Computer:
Investigation:
Linguistics: *
Medicine:
Occult: ****
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources: 4 (Has access to a Giovanni bank account, must keep transactions “minimal” to evade attention)
Generation: 1

Disciplines:
Necromancy (The Sepulchre Path): 2
Potence: 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 4

Self-Control: 5

Courage: 1

Blood Pool: 10

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Blush of Health (2)
Common Sense (1)
Oracular Ability (3)

Flaws:
Nightmares (1)
Enemy (4)
Derangement; necrophilia [Bly help I can find if this one comes with extra merit points to spend]

freebie point tally; 15 + 5 (base plus flaws)
20 - 6 (minus merits)
14 - 4 (willpower)
10 - 6 (stealth)
4 - 2 (academics)
2 - 2 (occult)

Personality: Federico is, in a word, a coward. He is selfish in a way common in large families, knowing he has to look out for himself to get what he needs in life. His tight knit family also gave him the skill of seeing when generosity and camaraderie would improve his position and standing. He is skilled at judging situations and acting for his own benefit. He is currently highly nervous and paranoid due to losing (aka running away from) everything he has ever known, and being embraced without much guidance given on surviving.     

History: Born and raised in one of the Giovanni offshoots, Federico was being groomed from a young age to take his place in the clan’s ranks. He was singled out more for his pleasing features than his intelligence, but they both helped him keep his great-aunts and uncles pleased. During one of the church services held to give worship to their ancestors, the patriarch of the off-shoot took notice of him, and began teaching him of the occult, and disclosed his future fate, laying it out as something seductive and desirable.

It was not how it happened.

The Sabbat discovered their villa, and the deathsquad struck with almost no prior warning, and in desperate panic, many were embraced before their time to act as little more than meat shields to give the more valuable elders time to escape. Federico was one of them. Though trained as much in fighting as academia, Federico did not stay to do his duty, knowing the numbers and seeing his siblings and cousins die, but instead fled the slaughter, and kept running.He doesn’t know if anyone survived, and doesn’t want his clan to know that he had also. He is hiding in Seattle, thinking a denser population would allow him better cover.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os

Blythe

marauder13

PM read, and replied to.

* Anxiously waits for the green light to get going. Already hatching plots with players and can't wait to get them started :D *

Blythe

@ Marauder13: Everything in your PM sounded great to me! Sheet approved, and Seattle welcomes it's first schismatic Assamite! I will post your sheet up in the CS thread, and please feel free to head on over to the OOC thread.

Nadir

Edits done, added a point to Alertness and put on the specialties

freebie point tally; 15 + 7 (base plus flaws)
22 - 6 (minus merits)
16 - 4 (willpower)
12 - 6 (stealth)
6 - 2 (academics)
4 - 2 (occult)
2-2 (Alertness)

Name: Federico Rosselini
Clan: Giovanni
Nature: Deviant
Demeanor: Survivour
Generation: 13th

Attributes

Appearance: ***** (Specialty; get more attractive when damaged [lol])

Perception: ***** (Specialty; uncanny instincts)
Intelligence: **** (Specialty; smart enough to know how dumb he is creative logic)

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: **** (Specialty; CONSTANT VIGILANCE)
Athletics:
Brawl:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Firearms: ***
Melee: **
Performance:
Security:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: ***
Computer:
Investigation:
Linguistics: * (English, Italian)
Medicine:
Occult: **** (Specialty; Rituals)
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources: 4 (Has access to a Giovanni bank account, must keep transactions “minimal” to evade attention)
Generation: 1

Disciplines:
Necromancy (The Sepulchre Path): 2
Potence: 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 4

Self-Control: 5

Courage: 1

Blood Pool: 10

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Blush of Health (2)
Common Sense (1)
Oracular Ability (3)

Flaws:
Nightmares (1)
Enemy (4)
Derangement; necrophilia  (2)

Personality: Federico is, in a word, a coward. He is selfish in a way common in large families, knowing he has to look out for himself to get what he needs in life. His tight knit family also gave him the skill of seeing when generosity and camaraderie would improve his position and standing. He is skilled at judging situations and acting for his own benefit. He is currently highly nervous and paranoid due to losing (aka running away from) everything he has ever known, and being embraced without much guidance given on surviving.     

History: Born and raised in one of the Giovanni offshoots, Federico was being groomed from a young age to take his place in the clan’s ranks. He was singled out more for his pleasing features than his intelligence, but they both helped him keep his great-aunts and uncles pleased. During one of the church services held to give worship to their ancestors, the patriarch of the off-shoot took notice of him, and began teaching him of the occult, and disclosed his future fate, laying it out as something seductive and desirable.

It was not how it happened.

The Sabbat discovered their villa, and the deathsquad struck with almost no prior warning, and in desperate panic, many were embraced before their time to act as little more than meat shields to give the more valuable elders time to escape. Federico was one of them. Though trained as much in fighting as academia, Federico did not stay to do his duty, knowing the numbers and seeing his siblings and cousins die, but instead fled the slaughter, and kept running.He doesn’t know if anyone survived, and doesn’t want his clan to know that he had also. He is hiding in Seattle, thinking a denser population would allow him better cover.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os

Blythe

@ Dim Hon: Approved, I'll post him up in the CS thread soon. Head over to the OOC and feel free to feed a hungry Sparrah chat at everybody <3

Blythe

Recruitment is closed for now--14 players seems like a good stopping point. Existing players will be given instructions about how to make a 2nd character on the 14th of September in our OOC (and 2nd character sheets will be submitted via the OOC thread), but I am capping off the current amount of actual players until the game has run for a little while. :-)