Modern Strike Witches RP: Strike Witches: The Sand Witches Active Recruitment.

Started by Mac84, February 16, 2013, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Alright, I am currently working planning out another SW Group game. This time set in more Modern times. I would like y'alls opinion on the matter.

It has been nearly 40 years since the Neuroi have been defeated, and chased off the face of the Earth. the Countries of the world celebrated, and vowed never to fight each other again. However, It wouldn't be long before the fickleness of man would appear as new conflicts erupted across the globe. It would seem that Mankind is never comfortable unless he is fighting.

Even though Man still engages in its ages old struggle. There is an Unwritten rule that is never broken. "Witches do not fight!" There is always a nagging fear that the Neuroi will come back, and the countries of the world do not want to jeopardize their only reliable weapon against the Neuroi Scourge.

August 23rd, 1995. The Fear was made real as a massive Nueroi appeared in the Middle east over night. Instantly the Countries of the world ceased their bickering and launched their witches. Confident because of stories from the First encounter with the Neuroi back in the 40's that have been blow way out proportion. The Witches threw themselves at the New Neuroi with abandon. It would turn out disastrous. Only15%(?) of the witches that attacked the Neuroi survived.

The Neuroi then half buried itself into the ground in Saudi Arabia. Thus the new Neuroi War began

The story would start about a year later. Our Characters would part of the "Great Witch Draft" to fill the ranks. I am thinking this is more of a ground war. Stressing more on Tank witches. their will be some Air battles, but for the most part. The Air Witches would be used for Ground support.

Sessha

It's sounds like it could be fun. Though I have a wonderfully delicious idea for a character.  ;D
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wargtass

Brilliant idea. Would never have thought of Tank Witches myself. Sadly I don't think I have the competence to write a Witch properly. Still, neat idea, definitely deserves a bump.
O/O

Datawych

Yeah, this sounds interesting. I don't know exactly what goes into Strike Witches, (never heard of it before) but it sounds interesting anyway. Is there a system that it uses? Or someplace where I can get some more backstory?

Mac84

The Strike Witches was an Anime Series that was recently released in Japan and had come across the pond.

Plot:
set in an alternate Earth in the mid twentieth century, Strike Witches tells the story of a fight to protect the world using a combination of magic and technology in a fictional recreation of events occurring in World War II with the national armies joining forces to confront an overwhelming alien threat together instead of fighting among themselves. Most battles featured in the franchise are fictional recreations of real confronts of that time, with the human army taking the role of the Allied Forces, and the Neuroi assuming the side of the Axis Powers.
The titular Strike Witches are young women with high magical potential who are recruited into military organizations around the world to fight against the enigmatic Neuroi, which began an invasion of unprecedented scale on human territory in the year 1939. This puzzling enemy force has appeared frequently and without warning in many areas across the world throughout history. The weapons of the Neuroi mostly take on forms similar to aircraft, but their most troubling tactic is the spreading of a corrosive miasma. Not only do normal humans have no defense against this miasma, but the remnants of the land affected by it are processed by the Neuroi into new weapons, crumbling huge sections of former nations into the sea. As the miasma seems to be unable to spread across large bodies of water, humanity has designated such areas as their main lines of defense.
In order to bring out their potential for use in battle, each Witch equips a unique machine onto their legs: the Striker Unit. With the Striker Unit equipped, they gain the ability to fly and their tapped magical potential provides the strength to utilize weapons far too heavy and powerful for a normal person. A defensive field is also created that can protect the Witches from the Neuroi's miasma, as well as other physical weaponry, making them humanity's trump card in the war. The franchise's main media focuses on the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, defending the Britannian home islands, in the first season, as a parallel to the Battle of Britain, and struggling to retake an occupied Italian peninsula in the second season as a parallel to the late stages of the Adriatic Campaign. In the feature film, the 501st join forces to repel an enemy offensive near the Rhine in a fashion similar to the events of the Battle of the Bulge.

Pictures:

The Original Story takes place during the 1940's, but the RP I am proposing takes place during the mid-ninties. The Series does have Tank-Witches.

Along with WItches using "Modern" Striker units:

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

At the moment, this is just an interest check. I was curious to see if any one would be interested.

Quote from: Wargtass on February 17, 2013, 11:20:57 AM
Brilliant idea. Would never have thought of Tank Witches myself. Sadly I don't think I have the competence to write a Witch properly. Still, neat idea, definitely deserves a bump.

I am sure you would do fine. Also I am sure others would be willing to help you if you have any troubles.

Major Major

I'd probably join, if I didn't have classes starting next week, but I'll give advice to anyone who needs it.

Mac84

Mac84

Ok, so before I make the OCC/Discussion thread. Who is definitely interested?

Major Major

Sessha

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Keelan

...I... I might just be into this.  Huh... have space for one more?

Mac84

Mac84

Mac84

Bumping for Consideration.

We haven't started yet, and New players are welcome.

Major Major

Mac84

Ok, Major. Just go ahead and PM your questions, and I'll try to answer them as best as possible. I can't guarantee Crystal, but Mud is a good color. :P

Mac84

Bumping for Consideration. We still have positions open for players.

Avalon29

Mac84