Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwyrm

If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Beguile's Mistress

You get what you give so if you are getting negativity from anyone it is because you've only given them negativity. ~ Anonymous

Cailleach

True friends stab you in the front!
Oscar Wilde

Beguile's Mistress

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."
— Helen Keller

Phantomhive

If at first you don''t succeed...Give up.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Nico

"Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise." - Sigmund Freud

Nico

Beguile's Mistress

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." — Bruce Lee

Skadii

Never trust someone who tries to talk you into it.

Loiosh

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Sardonyx

Beguile's Mistress

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are." — Wayne Dyer

Found this online today and couldn't agree more. 

XiroSevyn

Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. – C.S. Lewis

Loiosh

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Nico

"We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love." - Sigmund Freud

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nico

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

stormwyrm

If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Beguile's Mistress

"I never believed I could or couldn’t do something because I was a woman. Focus on being the best that you possibly can be. All the people I’ve worked with, they’re looking for people who are the best at what they do. If you as a woman or a man can prove to them that you are the best at what you do, they respect you for that, and they’ll empower you to succeed."
— Privahini Bradoo

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nico

This is probably one of my favourite quotes ever:

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." - Sigmund Freud

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Nico on October 14, 2018, 03:14:35 AM
This is probably one of my favourite quotes ever:

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." - Sigmund Freud

+1 and then some.

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nico