Interest check: ShadowRun 4, Seattle Adventures

Started by GloomCookie, July 04, 2013, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Videospirit

Huh... just about finished my 300 point character with 6 availability, and now I have to go buy all this new stuff that's suddenly been made available :p. Mages and technomancers are the only thing that really suffers with reduced points. Anyone else could be quite competent with 300 points. There was more stuff under 7 availability than I thought too.

Also... the runner's compendium is not essential at all, we'll be perfectly capable of playing without the book. There is nothing in that book that should prevent a player from joining this campaign from not having it.

Blinkin

I'm in touch with Mr. Ah-Muse-ing and I'm hoping that he'll turn me out a street sam that will have some chance of living beyond a hang-nail incident.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

*Grins*  I'm sure we can do that. 

Linna, did you want any erotic content potential in this story? 

At your convenience, could you check the Disadvantages materials you use and tell me if Lost Love is avaible? 

If I go with my mage concept, it's kind of key, so I hope it'll work. 

Day Job would be nice too, but not necessary. 

Edit: That's Lost Loved One.  :)   Not Lost Love. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GloomCookie

Quote from: Muse on July 05, 2013, 08:06:22 PM
*Grins*  I'm sure we can do that. 

Linna, did you want any erotic content potential in this story? 

At your convenience, could you check the Disadvantages materials you use and tell me if Lost Love is avaible? 

If I go with my mage concept, it's kind of key, so I hope it'll work. 

Day Job would be nice too, but not necessary. 

Edit: That's Lost Loved One.  :)   Not Lost Love.
I know for a fact it's not, and day job is also unavailable. It's in Runners Companion which is unavailable to me. I will try and get a copy of the book here in the next few days so don't take that as my final answer, just please bear with me.

As far as erotic possibility, you can have sex with hookers, each other, etc, just remember that you do have to face consequences, like rolling that you don't get some std that you will have to then have treated or be stuck with. This is one of those games that as a GM, I have plenty of ways to punish anyone I need to for stupid moves.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Videospirit

So Sex falls under "Stupid moves" for this game? ;p.

Mirage, a Hacker

That chummer thing really doesn't lend itself to giving files to share easily I guess.

ReijiTabibito

Actually, it looks like you've got plenty of interest from this game, Linna, so you don't need me.  I'll be over here if you need system help, though.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Videospirit on July 05, 2013, 11:20:51 PM
So Sex falls under "Stupid moves" for this game? ;p.

Mirage, a Hacker

That chummer thing really doesn't lend itself to giving files to share easily I guess.
I never said that. Just said that if you do something stupid there would be consequences. You can hump your brains out for all I care.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on July 05, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
Actually, it looks like you've got plenty of interest from this game, Linna, so you don't need me.  I'll be over here if you need system help, though.
Aweh ok then
My DeviantArt

Marie Reynolds

Let me know if you need to draw from team B. ;D

GloomCookie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 06, 2013, 08:06:03 AM
Let me know if you need to draw from team B. ;D

*Tosses Marie into the mix and begins to stir*
My DeviantArt

Blinkin

Ok, since it does seem stupid to have sex with anything at all.. or even someone that you might know well... and that everyone in the sprawl has an STD...I suppose that it's time to say that I'm not touching any furry PC with a bio-hazard suit, a condom and a IV drip of Vankamiasen (SP?)...

If you don't want any erotic content, just say so. Hell, in a group game, I have yet to see one myself. lol

And then... it's my luck that if there was an erotic event, some troll with a mohawk, 20kilo of gold necklaces and a bad attitude would break in and say, "I pitty the fool! before hosing the place with explosive rounds, a handgrenade and a bottle of lemon juice just to add insult to injury... Would that make the stupid files? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Videospirit

For players accustomed to earlier version of shadowrun, the move to wireless in shadowrun 4 has caused a few lifestyle changes that make a couple pieces of gear absolutely essential.

All characters will want to have some method of seeing augmented reality(Image link Glasses are the standard way of doing this) as nowadays most people don't even bother putting up signs or price tags and the like in the real world, and everyone should really have a comm-link, as Wireless functionality allows ID checks to be performed automatically, and you will be barred from doing a lot of things or get into a lot of trouble if you aren't broadcasting a "valid"(It can be a fake one just as long as it checks out) S.I.N.

Blinkin

I'm a little unclear on the stupid actions and consequences. I read the clueless files and by and large, those are pretty significant in how outragiously foolharty the not overly bright... or perhaps just young... players could be. Those are, I hope are the extreme end of rare events.

On the other hand, very inexperienced people usually make more than one mistake when they try something new to them, and that is without the stress of doing it illegally, under fire or just trying to not get caught. As I understand the set-up, the characters have limited experience and mistakes are as likely as not to be from inexperience as from stupidity.

As an example, a character has to steal a car and picks out a likely target on a street that looks deserted at 3:30 AM. He knows that the car has an alarm and a GPS that can be tracked... and he manages to disable both of these things... if he's caught on a camera 30 stories above as he drives away, is this stupidity or inexperience? Both results in the same result if he's even moderately unlucky. My point is that you cannot account for everything and what someone might considr "Stupid" may be as much from inexperience or not picking up on the subtle clues.

So, how hard are you going to be on this subject? I'm still going to play, and a character is forming nicely (General description follows), but a little more clarification would be nice.

Admittedly, screwing a silencer onto a gun in a cop hang-out is not the most well thought out thing to do... nor is robbing a convenience store because the clerk asked you if it was your car getting gas... The character deserves the wrost in those cases... But if not stating that you lock your cardoor hit the stupid monitor, it'll be nice to know about in advance.

Anyway, a brief bio of my Street Sam.

Name; Joesph LittleBear
Street name: Injun Joe
Metatype: Human
Archtype: Street Sam

Joseph Littlebear is the product of a Mexican mother and a Native American father; not particularly accepted by either side of his heritage. When his father died of "unusual circomstances," he found himself dropped in the middle of nowhere Mexico with his mother and joining a gang simply to survive.

When an offer was made by a guy in a suit to the leader of the gang to do a little "Job" for some really good pay, Joe found himself participating in a bit of wetwork that turned bad fast and hard. The only one to make it out alive, he ran north to escape the fact that he could be linked to both an attempted murder of a corp rep of no small consequence... and the fact that he could identify the guy who hired them... in time, he even linked the hit to Aztechnology and this put a mark on his head... and a vendetta he was determined to someday collect on.

He ventually found himself in Seattle and doing whatever he needed to put food in his belly and some kinda roof over his head. He had managed to pick up a fake SIN or two to hide his own and became known simply as Injun Joe.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

GloomCookie

I want to make this abundantly clear because apparently I haven't already:

I WILL NOT PUNISH SEX.  I WILL NOT PUNISH FOR INNOCENT ROOKIE MISTAKES.  I WILL PUNISH STUPID ACTIONS TAKEN WITHOUT THINKING.

If you do something so blatantly stupid that I'm left staring at the screen dumbfounded, I will punish you for it.  This can include shooting someone just for looking at you funny in broad daylight on a busy street.  This can include trying to rob a strip club.  This can include walking down the street in illegal armor in full view without even trying to conceal it.  Yes, sometimes we forget that our armor is illegal, and I understand that.  But if I remind you, and you still do it, I'm not holding back.

Now, on to Mr. Injun Joe... yeah, that's not flying.  Reason is, if you're in the Mexico region (Also referred to by Atzland), there are native tribes there too.  If you need a reference, check here for various tribes you can use as a background.  If your heritage is Mexican and Native American, you might pick up the name Jose Xiichipari (White Horse in Matlatzinca) from the village of San Juan Atzingo, not far from Cuernavaca, which is a decently sized town south of Tenochtitlan (Mexico City).  If you need a street name, try Caballo, which is Spanish for Horse.  It ties together your heritage and the horse is powerful yet graceful and very fast.  Just a suggestion.

If you want to be part of a street gang, fine, but if you're new on the ShadowRun scene, you would pop up on someone's radar if you had an Aztechnology bounty on your head.  If you did get that bounty, what are the details?  Why did you flee to Seattle instead of, say, Amazonia?  Or even to Europe?  What makes Seattle so appealing to you?  Is it distance?  Because there's a relative there?  Give me details so that I can make use of your backstory.  Remember, the more details I have on you, the more I can tweak missions to be more interesting to you and your character instead of just a job.  Maybe the job targeting Aztechnology could give you the chance to erase your bounty.  Maybe a job with Ares includes an offer to pay off your bounty.  Maybe someone comes gunning for you after recognizing you from a wanted poster.  The more you give me now, the more I can give you later.
My DeviantArt

Videospirit

Any issues with Mirage's backstory Linna? It's not set in stone at the moment if there are problems.

GloomCookie

Real Life has this nasty way of sneaking up on me from behind and grabbing me away.  I really hate this but RL is gonna drag me away for some time and I don't know when I'll be back, so the game's gonna need to go on hiatus.  Really sorry guys :(
My DeviantArt

Blinkin

Hey, as Dr. Malcomn says in Jurrasic Park... Life finds a way... to screw up the best laid plans.

I'll be around when you're ready
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Aw.  *hugs  Linna.* 

Well, thank you for trying. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)