Rebel Gems. (Steven U RP, Need players. Male/Female)

Started by Lustful Bride, November 08, 2015, 10:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Winds Of Lust on November 13, 2015, 04:19:31 PM
Well, the ax is meant to just be a gem-made weapon like roses sword, stored/summoned by her gem like pearl stores random stuff in hers ( Police tape and Lapis's mirror are the two examples we've seen so far ) and was meant to be her personal weapon/gift given to her by her first owner and not necessarily used in the arena at a regular basis or at all.

mmmmm....Il allow it.  :-)

worldeater

A Change of Scenery

Lustful Bride

worldeater

Question to Juggs
Can my character work for your character ?
I will need to come up with a reason with you that can explain why your character allows my character to be around .  . .

He's quite unsavory

Also to the lovely Lustful Bride, could I create said unsavory character. He's a little different from other gems . . . In a weird way.
A Change of Scenery

Lustful Bride

Quote from: worldeater on November 14, 2015, 05:15:51 PM
Question to Juggs
Can my character work for your character ?
I will need to come up with a reason with you that can explain why your character allows my character to be around .  . .

He's quite unsavory

Also to the lovely Lustful Bride, could I create said unsavory character. He's a little different from other gems . . . In a weird way.

Would you mind telling me what you are planning?

worldeater

My character will probably be something red like Cuprite, Sunstone, or Sard and his role in the gem hierarchy is unique. His gems were created in an effort to promote innovation and progress among other gems. Where most gems served to keep the status quo, these gems sought out to push the boundaries of what was possible and beyond.

They were the ones that first came up with the concepts for the gates, thought of ways to weaponize other gems, and all the like. These gems are ambitious, arrogant . . . and a little uncaring for other gems. Their gems were phased out as the Gem Empire finally began to divide themselves as their ability to work with others of their kind tended to result in ritualistic blood shed.

Of course, that is not to say they've haven't found work or use. They are still built to innovate and experiment, which makes their mere existence a terrifying ghost story. Don't be bad, fall in line or one of these gems might have quite the time to play with you . . . in the worst way possible.
______

In other words, historically, my character would definitely be on a weird end with all the other gems. He would also be fiercely loyal to Black Diamond for reasons not yet developed/explained.

In addition to this, I was hoping to make him have a form that's in the realm of body horror, but I'll explain that if this history is somewhat allowed on your part.
A Change of Scenery

Lustful Bride

Sooo...a scientist gem? Sounds a lot like a Peridot....I will have to think on it.

worldeater

A Change of Scenery

worldeater

Class: Scientist/Experimenter

Weapons:
Gem Weapon: N/A As a Sard, Slake cannot produce his own weapon.
Ability: Sard can focus light through their gem to fire off bursts of energy. While Sard cannot produce light, they can store the energy inside their gem and use it later. Slake's control over this is quite varied, given his tendency to use it in small increments rather than full on attacks.

Appearance
Head: His form has no eyes and no hair as most of his head is replaced by his overly large gem. In addition, he has no mouth to speak of and his gem serves as their functional replacements. Every time he talks, his gem lights up just slightly to inidicate that he speaks.
(He can talk like normal, see like normal, smell like normal, etc but through his gem)
Gem Location: The Gem resides and replaces the upper, front part of his head
Skin: A Reddish brown coloration with a focus on red. The color of his skin is inconsistent as several veins of darker red branch out.
Height: He currently stands at 6 feet
Build: While fairly impressive looking for an intellectual gem, his build is just for show as any other warrior gem easily trumps his size. The closest build that Sard could compare himself to is that of the diamond class, lean and strong, but precise and cleanly cut.
Outfit: As an older gem, Sard enjoys wearing a garb not seen since the earlier days of the empire. This long, sleeveless robe of dark red and brown, puffs near the chest with its collar slightly risen. This older outer wear, while not combat efficient, is a relic of his time when gems were far more intrigued with exploration and discovery.

Equipment: Sard's gloves act like limb enhancers, but unlike a Peridot's equipment, it does not physically extend anything out. Like a Peridot, he can manipulate gem technology through the gloves though what he can do is more extensive than the usual Peridot limb extender tech. In addition, the areas around his fingers have built in lasers that allow him to cut through most material and fiddle/"fix" other gems.

Thing they love about earth:

"Earth? Earth is nothing special. It's merely another world with some flora, some fauna, and some insignificant speck of a conscious race of creatures. Earth is just another place where we can come and explore only to remake and rebuild. Earth is nothing . . .

But that doesn't make it any less important to keep safe.

I've seen quite a number of things in my time and if there is anything I can say, I've also seen just as many of said things disappear. While I can certainly find the most efficient parts of this worthless speck of dust . . . efficiency does not remove a need for . . . something else.

Even I cannot recreate an experience . . . or kittens. I will never be able to recreate such a terrifying monstrosity."

Personality:

Selfish, angry, resentful, arrogant, prideful, intelligent, composed

All of these and more describe the Sard known as Slake. While his arrogance does not come empty-handed, it can be overwhelming to those around him. That being said, his arrogance does not come off as snooty nor is it simply a superiority complex based on preconceived notions of his position or his existence. He has obtained his place through blood and fire and if there is anything he thinks he deserves, it's a smug sense of superiority mixed with a joyful cruelty. Speaking of cruelty, he is known to have a dark sense of humor and with it, comes a strange fascination for audible sounds of discomfort like screaming, yelps, screeches, or adorable mewls. Given his lack of understanding for the last subject of the list, he sometimes enjoys being around the presence of kittens, mistaking their adorable meows as screams of terror.

During the days when the Sards tried eliminating each of their own brethren, he was known for his skills in manipulation, cunning, and deception, "playing the game" as he described. He has a low opinion of other gems as his own brethren were quite willing to teach him the consequences of relying on a gem that wasn't himself. In addition, he's known to be grim and mocks others with pitiful ideals that he perceives as misguided or weak. People that talk far more than they should, crack jokes at Slake, or don't take him seriously will tend to find the back hand of his words smashing into their faces. Others, on the other hand, that equalize themselves with him (Not rising above where they are nor lowering themselves to meet his whims), will find an intelligent conversation and, dare I say, respect behind his words.

Outside of this, Slake has a fondness for fluffy objects as it directly contrasts his usual contact with the hard, cold, and rough edges of gems and their technology. Because of this, he holds small cats and kittens to be foreign to the point of absolute jaw dropping wonder. One can even say that kittens have simply returned the Sard instinct to explore . . . just like in the days of old.

Bio:
If there is one thing you can always call a Sard, then that one thing would always be . . . ambitious.

Pearls lived to serve
Fusions lived as war machines
Peridots lived to maintain
Jaspers lived for combat

A Sard . . . they lived to progress society as a whole. They were the innovators, the creators after the creators. In the earlier days they lived to spread the gem empire across the stars, to seek new heights that others could enjoy looking upon. Yes, those were the glory days when exploration was the key to prosperity.

But times have changed

Now there's only blood shed, and blood shed carries a price on those that must innovate. Just as the empire began to twist itself into the backstabbing, political game that it was now, so came the corruption of the ones at their forefront. No longer were they looking for the stars. Now they were looking at other gems, dissecting them, changing them, exploiting them, destroying them . . . and rebuilding them to what needed to be made.

Slake was born within this time of upheaval and before the empire began dividing itself, the Sards were quick to light the fires. Sards were brutal, uncaring to one another as any Sard that had the highest position of their group true say over the rest. They killed for these positions of power and even began adopting second names to distinguish themselves from the other. Soon, more and more Sards grew bloodthirsty over the other and as the violence reached critical mass, these brothers that once sought out the heights of the stars destroyed the very machines that could create more of their own.

Being born in this time had quite a number of advantages for Slake, mostly due in part because of his lack of understanding of the golden age. After all, his life was only meant to innovate the glory and death of others, what was the purpose of looking at the past.

He easily adopted the kill or be killed doctrine of his brethren and by the start of the rebellion, there were only a handful of Sards left to work alone and away from the other Sards. Why he's deserted the Gem empire for the rebels is unknown as his position was guaranteed given his long history. Some can perceive it as a changing of hands, a way to find power or worth within a vacuum. Other gems could easily say he's merely a traitor biding his time for the empire's return to Earth.

Or perhaps he actually has a conscious behind that faceless visage of his . . .

A Change of Scenery

worldeater

A Change of Scenery

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

Wabbit

I'm interested in this, but first I have to state I don't know much about StevenU, I've watched a few episodes with my nephew; he doesn't like when they get over emotional, so the show didn't take~. Hahaha, I think their love and tears are cute, but sometimes I'm with my nephew on they're a little emotionally charged. I've also read a few fan posts, and kind of understand the story (Steven's life with his Moms, not so much the army and Gems), so I might need some help on this lore.

I do have a question, if I were to make a character, would it be a rebel? I'm supposed to make a rebel who's with your character's group, right? And if so, what are we rebelling against exactly? I know they're fighting against the gems that don't like humans, but that leaves me with questions on if my character is supposed to know what a human is; the plot have the rebel group falling to Earth, and seeming rather foreign to the land, so, are there humans in other part of the galaxy? Or is it something like, Gems have gone to earth, but we, the rebels, have yet to be station there, though we know about humans and have compassion for life? (I'm afraid I didn't watch any episode where Jasper and Peridot came in, so I don't know much about their conflict with the Moms) I kind of understand the Gem Moms are cleaning up bad/wild Gems from the universe, or rather, Earth, but I don't really know much about that, or their rebellion with Rose, or pretty much anything important, hahaha.

I just need a bit more clarification for my role as a rebel, and also, as a Gem, I know what gemsona I want to make, but I'm not sure I get what type of history I should have. Your Topaz character, you said was “obsolete”, I sort of get it, but could you elaborate on what makes the gems “obsolete”. Also, I know Amethyst from the show, is the only “Earth Gem” out of the Moms, so should my character be an “Earth Gem”, or should I make up a planet? Is there a planet specifically for this Gem army we're rebelling against?

One last thing, all the gems in the cartoon are unique by isolation, and I know you stated we can make replicas, like with Jasper, and from reading of your Topaz, she seem to be like a foot soldier copy of other Topazes; when I make my character, should she have a copy of other gems like her, too (for history purposes)? What makes her different than all the other Gems of her race? And since I'm the one making the character, am I responsible for the “race” I made her out of (meaning, do I have to mention them as like a society/army that she branch from, as you did with Topaz)?

I'm pretty interested in joining, but I'll have to see if I can come up with a character idea (I've been thinking of one for a while). I would also like to draw my own picture for my character (It will help me get inspired), I did stuff like this when I was on Deviantart a while ago, so my own artwork my help motivate my muse.

Lustful Bride

Your character would either have to be a Rebel Gem, someone who angered the authority and was thrown in prison, or just some poor gem who was at the wrong place at the wrong time during a raid and was arrested on suspicion, even if there was no evidence. We all have our own reasons and motivations, its a prison ship so anything is possible.

Some Gems know what humans are, others likely don't. The most they might know is some organic creatures on a backwater world were the final cause of the civil war. Humans only exist on Earth. The gems are gonna crash on some fake islands in the carribean so we have a lot of room to play around in and different settings.

After the war only a few rebel gems remained on earth but some gems have gone insane (corrupted) and turn into monsters.

Obsolete: well gems aren't born, they are artificially made. Steven is the only gem that we know of who was actually born. So whenever a better version or newer type of Gem is made, the older ones tend to be thrown away or sent on some suicidal task so that at least their deaths may be useful. Even pearl from the shoiw was called "Defective" By a homeworld Gem so there are many things out there.

Jasper is more of a commander actually. Topazs were expendable foot soldiers. All gems have copies, they are mass produced and expected to fulfill their role within the Caste system, with Diamonds Sitting at the very top and Pearls at the bottom (basically slaves/servants)

Just show me what you got when you think up your character and I will help you form there.

Wabbit

Ah, okay, you've cleared everything up; I didn't know we were escaping from a prison ship, I must have overlooked that!

Thank you for responding so swiftly, with the information you gave me, I'll be able to hash something out; yup, and I'll show it to you so you can help me with any flaws I may have. Thank you, again, I'll be back with something.

Mingnon

Hopefully I can be let in. Here's my app just in case.

Name/Nickname: Tourmaline, or Tourmie

Class: Engineer/Maintanence

Weapons: Wrench/Hammer hybrid.

Eye/hair color: Pink and blue heterochromia; right and left respectively, dark pink hair with blue tips, straight down to past shoulderblades

Powers: (Besides basic) Electrokinesis, energy boost, summoning illusions - one for each color of the rainbow

Gem location: Back of left hand (is a faceted square)

Thing they love about earth: The pretty scenery, phenomena and flowers, and some of the cuter animal species.

Personality: Cheerful and eager to help, though she isn't very tolerant of being bullied. In fact she felt very stifled back at Homeworld and feels a great sense of freedom even stranded in the middle of nowhere. Yet she is a tad distrustful of rebels having misinformation be put into her head. If her illusions go separate from their master after a lengthy time they end up getting minds of their own as well as personalities, all of them being nonbeneficial to their tasks: Red being strong-willed and hot-tempered, Orange being a jokester non-stop, Yellow being a social butterfly to the point of neglecting her job, Green refusing to do much unless there's a prize involved, Blue being a downer, Indigo being a slacker constantly thinking that whatever she does is pointless (thus being nihilistic), and Violet being incredibly shy.

Bio: Tourmaline has carelessly worked on maintaining various parts of Homeworld's machinery, even up to some of the more important pieces important for its wellbeing as well as its firepower. She initially thought of the gems' expansion into space as a good thing, letting her wonder about where she might go next in her off time. However she hadn't received word of a possible relocation to another planet, and her requests were just met with 'maybe's.

She had heard of the rebels in the past, but only hearing about them negatively she herself came to think they were bad. But some time later she was caught in an intense crossfire caused by returning rebels seeking to sacrifice themselves to weaken the Diamonds' armies. She made a run for it not knowing where to go but towards safety, and eventually found herself out of view clinging to the side of a ship... which was starting to take off. She had to hang on the entire way, even as the ship began to crash into a blue, green and brown planet.
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Bekah Boo

Are you still accepting players?
I'm very interested in this idea :3

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Bekah Boo on November 20, 2015, 09:03:23 PM
Are you still accepting players?
I'm very interested in this idea :3

Yes, also Mingnon, you are accepted.

Bekah Boo

Great I'm working on an character sheet now.

Do you want us to post them on the thread or message?

Mingnon

“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Bekah Boo on November 20, 2015, 09:12:45 PM
Great I'm working on an character sheet now.

Do you want us to post them on the thread or message?

Post your character here and if I approve just start posting in the thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239808.0

The OOC is here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239922.msg11828647#msg11828647

Bekah Boo

Name/Nickname: Giada "Jade"

Class:Mercenary

Weapons: Daisho, or two swords one long the other short

Eye/hair color:Hair is an deep teal/jade color and is long nearly reaching her lower back though more often it is pulled into lengthy pig tails to help support and balance Giada. Although her eyes an an light peridot color, Giada is actually blind so more often than not she is seen with her eyes closed, though if she does open them there is an glassy hue over the doe like eyes to signal her lack of sight.

Equipment: Using bandaging to keep her slim form rigid and stiff, they are used to help Giada remain balanced and swift, like an brace of sorts. Along with her daisho in which she can pull from her gem, she is able to use the steel pins in her hair as weapons as well, with pin point accuracy.

Gem location: Giada's gem is located at the hollow of her throat, as she often uses her hand to cover it from sight due to the fact it is fractured.

Thing they love about earth: The act of freedom to do as she wishes is an main part as to why Giada enjoys Earth, as forbidden stories had long perked her interest of the famed planet, in which the oppressive freedom to be one's self and not ruled had always captured the gem's attention. Coupled with the wonder of seeing life of peace and prosperity other than the war hungry blood shed she had come to know, Giada yearns for an time of complete bliss.Not to mention the stealthy assassin had heard of odd bits of food called candy, something of an rock like substance such as themselves as her curiosity to savor one is near obsessive.

Personality: Giada's personality is one that is hard to pin point in the regards she is quite reserved and quiet, accenting her already lithe and delicate nature to make her appear almost docile in an sense.Without the gift of sight however she is still quite an curious gem, one that is able to feel out her surroundings with hearing and smells, but most noticeably she is able to read an person's demeanor and aura to paint an vague picture for herself.Without sight has left Giada with an appreciation for the world around her, as to evoke anger from the gem is an lengthy process but not an impossible one. Although certainly not an peppy sort of personality, Giada could be described as an peaceful spirit, the name sake of her gem truly.

Bio:Forged to be an stable and truly unbreakable gem, Giada was created with the loyalty of which she would fight to keep order for the Gem home world, an emotionless killing machine that could not be swayed nor broken as her efforts were bountiful in the numbers she destroyed by her hand. There was no thought to her actions as she struck down those she was ordered to, swift and silent like the wind, the jade spilled countless blood as so taught by her superiors for an number of years without question. Skilled with the precision of sword and tact,her steps all but unheard until the fatal blow was taken, as she proved herself time and time again.One fateful day however she found herself ambushed by an pack of rebels, their battle went on for what felt eons, and yet it was not her blow that dealt the most damage but her opponent. The rebel gem screamed her story out to an mercenary that was taken back, as with the small moment of hesitation Giada found her gem struck in which to this day she bears the deep crack left within it's surface. Because of this it left the assassin blinded, an moment of weakness having made her fail her mission in which without mercy she was shipped off to an prison ship as 'obsolete'. How could an mercenary kill without sight was what her superiors had scolded, finding the cracked gem all but useless for their plans as she was discarded.

The trauma she endured all but left Giada heart broken, to know she was molded only to kill and yet when unable she was thrown aside as rubble, the time spent in isolation festering her thoughts of an life that was so much more than mindless killing. Harboring such thoughts only made the jade gem all the more determined to hone in on her abilities, seeking refuge in herself to train herself to become stronger, to prove she was not completely broken as within the devastation she blossomed with new hope and an new dream; to seek others to understand herself...and perhaps finally have the life the rebel so spoke so passionately of.

Lustful Bride

Bekah Boo

Lustful Bride

NOTE: WE are reactive now and still available for players if people want to join up.  :-)