News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude

I'm going to wander the wilds until I become full up on treasures and low on supplies -- it's gonna be some man vs. wild type shit.

Hemingway

It would've been better with a Hardcore mode like New Vegas, though. I know not everyone was happy with it, but it's better than nothing, and with some tweaking it could've been awesome.

Jude

I loved hardcore mode in New Vegas, I'm sure a modder will make something similar for Skyrim.  It'll be a lot easier to find drinkable sources of water and food, so it will simply be for the added immersion, but I'll do it.

Hemingway

Yeah, I don't usually use mods for TES games, but I might get that. If it's well done, anyway.

yugi006

I'm so excited for Friday. Good thing I don't have work on Friday. This game is going to have a lot of things to do with 500 hours worth of game play. Who else is excited?

SinXAzgard21

I have both demon souls and dark souls and love both of them, Skyrim is going to an awesome game an I have a feeling that I'm going to be spending a couple hours building a character.  After that I'm going to wander around and explore the scenery for a few hours followed by finally questing and finding the right looking gear for my character.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

South

Going to a midnight release tomorrow with my friend, then we're gonna head back to his place and play until the wee hours of the morning. Mmmm, Elderscrolls and sleep deprivation ~

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: yugi006 on November 09, 2011, 12:46:17 PM
I'm so excited for Friday. Good thing I don't have work on Friday. This game is going to have a lot of things to do with 500 hours worth of game play. Who else is excited?

500 hours of game play... Holy shit batman.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hemingway on November 06, 2011, 08:24:23 PM
I'm going to find the biggest two-hander I can and stare that dragon down. SIZE MATTERS.
Oh hell yeah. I'm going Nord Warrior for that simple reason.  After the first playthrough, I'll try another class and weapon combo.
Quote from: Inkidu on November 07, 2011, 11:19:17 AM
So chaps and chapettes, Three days, twenty three hours, forty two minutes, and forty seconds until Skyrim. What's the first thing you're going to do?

Me? Spend way too long on the character creation screen.
Me?  Long and figure out how to get it.  Although I'm leery of first day purchase, this is Bethesda after all.  I fully expect a rocky start.  Maybe wait after the two week patch they'll need for it to correct some of the graphic bugs.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

I'll be at gamestop for my last purchase there tonight.  I may not even sleep tonight after I get home with Skyrim.

meikle

Steam won't let me preorder Skyrim.  Just times out. :(
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Chris Brady

I want this game...  *Sniff*  Oh well.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Skynet

Skyrim's coming out tomorrow!

I quite sure that the game's gonna be good, but I'll wait a few days and read about what people say about it.

I adopted this tactic after the Hype Letdown of the Fable game.

Jude

www.greenmangaming.com > Cheapest place to get Skyrim right now.  It's 53.78 last I checked.

If anyone wants my referral link, lemme know (if you make a purchase of 2 dollars or more after using it, both of us get 2 dollars free in credit there).

Hemingway

Decrypting now on Steam. Sabby beat me to it, but I still feel good about being able to play in a few minutes.

Edit: I just started, but ... I feel so overwhelmed. I've waited. .. god knows how many years for this. The Elder Scrolls was my childhood, first Daggerfall then Morrowind. I was never as excited about a game, as I was about Oblivion. With this game, there wasn't really any of that. I've been waiting for it, but it hasn't kept me in a constant state of excitement. Until now. Very rarely do games actually send chills down my spine with their intros these days, but this...

Also, the game doesn't like alt-tabbing.

Edit 2: Awe. I am in awe. I mean, it's the basic Elder Scrolls formula, but done so exceptionally well. They've improved on a lot of things, too. I'm sure some Elder Scrolls purists won't like all the changes, but who cares? There's just a billion things to do. The leveling has way more depth. The world looks amazing. The level of immersion is just ... it's great. It's fantastic. I'm not quite ready to say Game of the Year ( so far, that spot for me belongs to the Witcher 2 - mostly for amazing storytelling and hot redheads ), but if it doesn't become that, it's a guaranteed second place.

Chris Brady

I'm going to miss you guys, as apparently there's about 500 hours of solid game play in there...

reggiethelast

This game is making me so depressed about not having enough money to buy it. Hopefully in a couple months maybe.

Chris Brady

Cold Heritage

It's pretty satisfying when - I think I'm critical hitting - the game sort of pans out, and my nord guy sweeps the leg of his opponent with a weapon, who then falls to their knee, and my guy brains them with the two-handed hammer he is using.

I wish it were easier to navigate the perks trees, though.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Inkidu

I just started breaking out as my Imperial... er bastard class? I have no idea what to call a light armor wearing, destruction casting, arrow shooting, sneaky swordsman. Skyrim is awesome. I mean truly epic in scope and scale, and I've hardly been anywhere. I did run into a few areas that handed me my butt, but I know that if I leave and come back I'll probably beat them.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cold Heritage

Giants are not to be trifled with.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on November 11, 2011, 04:05:31 PM
I just started breaking out as my Imperial... er bastard class? I have no idea what to call a light armor wearing, destruction casting, arrow shooting, sneaky swordsman.

Nightblade.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I have been consistently underwhelmed by Elder Scrolls games that I've played (which is, admittedly, a very short list consisting only of Morrowind and Oblivion). On the other, Skyrim's leveling system, particularly the perks/talents you can periodically pick up to enhance the things you're doing, sounds like a significant improvement over the previous series entries, which is saying a lot considering I'd sum up the leveling system of Morrowind and Oblivion with the word "boring." Unfortunately the NPC behavior seems unchanged from what I've seen in gameplay reviews, which is a pretty hefty turn-off.

Probably going to do the same thing I did with Oblivion: wait for Skyrim (and its inevitable DLC additions) to go on a crazy-ass bundle sale for like 75% off in a year or so and pick it up then. Who knows, maybe I'll even have a machine that can run it by then.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 11, 2011, 04:14:20 PM
Giants are not to be trifled with.

NO SHIT! My character is still arching over the horizon. All because I missed my bandit and hit ONE mammoth.