Hogwarts Rebuilt (Almost ready to start)

Started by kckolbe, September 18, 2012, 09:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephiriel

I love the selection! Woohoo so looking forward to this!

kckolbe

Well, I need to head to work, but I am glad to see how things are coming along.  I would like to get class years ironed out tomorrow, and there are two characters being finished up.  I will update rules and create character threads and all that in the next two days.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

kckolbe

All right.  I glanced over some character sheets and ages, and it seems the best route to go is years 4 and 6.  The majority of 4th year students are 17, and the majority of 6th year students are 19.  I'll allow one year of leeway in either direction, and simply ask that you try to divide them up somewhat evenly and not along House lines.  It would be great if there were equal amounts of each year, but as long as it is close to even I'll be happy.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Alphonse will be a fourth year, then, and Gustav, sixth.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BetaBonk

Given the points difference, I suppose it makes most sense to make the main (Danner) the 6th year and the second char (Daria) a 4th year.

But I can't say that I'm fussed about it either way, kc -- feel free to put them in whatever year helps you fill out the classes  :-)

Sephiriel

Okies, I made my girl Charlize as a 4th year student (17 years old) and my guy Basil a 6th year student (19 years old). I can change both of them after we know everyone's whos and whats to balance things if necessary.

EDIT:

What is the demanded posting frequency? I know one character - once/day but it has to be daily?

What is the minimum of words/post or paragraphs/post?

Given the age limit will this be PG 13? (I really don't mind if it is)

kckolbe

BB, if you don't care either way, I might hold off a bit, but am considering putting Danner and Alphonse in the same year so they can share Care of Magical Creatures, but that brought up another issue.  I realize I have not asked which classes everyone will be taking.

I'll probably just have everyone submit that info when char sheets are posted.

Jane, the one post per day per character is the maximum, not the minimum.  In general, I am hoping for posts every 3-4 days.  I will mainly post IC every other day.  I will ask that if all I need is a roll, please be prompt with that, because those scenes can drag out when waiting on rolls.  I will have a 24 hour limit on rolls when playing Quidditch or in any combat scene, and the one post per day cap goes out the window.

The age limit is not an issue, as 16 is the minimum age for characters to be "consenting" for the site.   

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152999.0 (Character)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151392.0 (OOC)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151393.0 (Rules/Setting Discussion)

Intro Thread

Sephiriel

One other question (until I place the possible next ones in their suitable thread): why is the game under NC? I don't have a specific problem with this...just..should we expect something under the NC tag? o_0

kckolbe

The game is in NC mainly because it is the first section to have a separate thread for system games.

Intro Thread

Sephiriel

kckolbe

Don't get too relieved.  This doesn't mean Charlize is safe.  ~grins~

Also, to answer an earlier question that I missed, post length is not a big deal to me.  One good paragraph will do it as long as you respond to everything relevant.  Also, if just in need of posting a roll, feel free to just post the roll without coming up with a lot of fluff. 

As long as the story itself is interesting and the characters are portrayed well, *I* don't require a lot of imagery.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Also, just to tie up some loose ends, I am fixing the rules now (check them out in a few, no big changes, just damage and some extra stuff) and will work up simple stats for Mori (that's Alphonse's pet, right?).

If there is anything else I haven't addressed, please let me know.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Memento Mori would be the cats full name, but yes, he often goes by Mori.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

All right.  Looks like everything is good to go then.  Please post your chars in the character thread and start discussing the past half decade or so your chars have known each other in the OOC.  Also, check out the NPC thread for some well known folks in other Houses.

Intro Thread

Photo

the answer is yes Kckolbe, Gilda is a prefect.

Info on her cadre is coming soon, tonight or tomorrow hopefully.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

kckolbe

Sounds good.  Mind PMing me the cadre details before posting them?  Also, would like if you guys starting hopping over to the OOC board and discussing relationships.  Some of your characters have known each other for over half a decade, after all.

Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

kckolbe

It's an advantage for a group of lackeys.  Gilda has one.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Shit, something's wrong.I just checked the thread twice, and no longer see Gustav's info.  ???

Edit: nevermind, I'm just blind.
Check out my poet tree!