Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

UPDATE!!!
RP Thread is now up!!!Link included below! V______V

Im going off a similar concept to "Wreck it Ralph" using videogames, but of course being more adult oriented content-wise. Also instead of an arcade, the characters will live inside a videogame system (unnamed brand, as to include cross-overs of games which may be console exclusive). I'd prefer to use parody names for games based off real games instead of the actual game itself (exceptions being Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and most of the older classics)

I have some ideas for a plot but would like to expand further based on your interests. What I mean, depending on our characters, there could be unlimited additional side-plots for our characters to expand on.

World:
Here are some current ideas for worlds. I'd like to expand on this list using suggestions from you guys:
----
Fantasy World (like earlier Final Fantasy games where the team consists of classes like Mage, Warrior, Ect.)
Kiddy game world (open to suggestions, this would be similar to "Sugar Rush" in WiR, though it doesn't HAVE to be a racing game, unless you guys want Mass Impact (Mass Effect)
G-Force Racing (F-Zero)
High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Post-apocalyptic world
Sky King: Blade Bomb Brawl  (Equivilant to Jet Set Radio, ect.)
Dire Destinies: (Final Fantasy)
King of the Ring (Street Fighter)
Guitar Destiny (Guitar Hero warriors of rock)
Blood Red Honor (Red Ninja End of honor)
Pitch Black (The Darkness)

If you guys have certain preferences on a fighting game or Sci-Fi game, ect. in addition to ideas for new worlds, feel free to let me know.

Characters: Currently we're a few short on female characters.
Character Template:
Name:
Appearance: (Detailed description, pictures optional)
Relationship Status: (Single, Divorced, Widowed, ect. As well as "Open to relationships, not interested in relationships, ect.)
Orientation: (Streight, Gay, Bi, ect.)
Role: (Sci-Fi shooter, Race car driver, Fantasy Mage, ect.)
Affiliation: (Hero, Bad-Anon, League of Shadows)*
World: Fake Game name for RP (Real game based on.)
Bio: Character's history involving in-game and console (out-of-game) life.

*Bad-Anon are villains in-game who behave as good guys out-of-game. League of Shadows are villains outside their game but can be any role inside their game.

Roles:
Heroes
Male Lead/Button Mashing Action Game (Me)
Female Lead/Fantasy Character (Mage) - ElusiveM00se
Sci-fi shooter game character - Karma
Arcade Racer - MzHyde
Skater - hippyness
Kiddie Character - (Me)
White Mage - ElusiveM00se
Cowboy - Major Major
Fighting Game Character - Tenshinhan
Creature Trainer - apygoos
Guitar Hero - CurvyKitten
Ninja Assassin - CurvyKitten

Villains
Oblivion (Soul Savior)
Col. Gagarin (Mass Impact: Black-Ops)
Pauline (Donkey Kong)
James Crowley (Pitch Black)
----
Currently we have 5 male (5 approved, 1 pending), 5 female (5 approved, none pending). For in-character relationships I'd like to keep a balance for this RP.

Certain roles can be combined as well. One idea I was toying with was having the female lead become the kiddie character and trying to find her way back to becoming her older adult form, as well as finding her lost lover (the Male Lead) who will be a surprise reveal later in the plot.

If the female lead would not like this position then I can scratch the idea. I would however, like to use the idea of having the kiddie character trying to become older for a romantic reason (since underage sexual content is forbidden and not something I would approve of even if it were allowed)

Just remember, this story is highly dependant on suggestions from you guys as RPers, I'd like to include more characters and worlds based on the preferences you guys decide on.

Main RP Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167208.0
OOC Thread: Coming Soon!
Approved Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166870.msg7792544#msg7792544
World Data Thread: Coming Soon!
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

AndyZ

Never saw Wreck it Ralph, but it sounds like an interesting enough concept that I'll be keeping an eye on this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

I might be interested in doing a Commander Shepard spinoff. Those who've seen the movie, but aren't familiar with Mass Effect, would know this type of character as Sergeant Calhoun.

MzHyde

I'm interested but I'd like to know more about the plot.

hippyness

Put me down as interested. I recently saw Wreck it Ralph in theaters again and it got me thinking about something like this.

I like the idea of a childish character looking to upgrade their avatar to a more adult form. It sounds like a good plot hook and leaves plenty of room for macguffins to chase after as well as an end point, because all good stories need an ending.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I saw it 3 times. Then read a fanfiction which inspired me to do an RP.

Quote from: AndyZ on February 22, 2013, 03:18:59 PM
Never saw Wreck it Ralph, but it sounds like an interesting enough concept that I'll be keeping an eye on this.

That's why I'm going with mostly OCs and brand new worlds as opposed to making this a WiR RP.

Quote from: MzHyde on February 22, 2013, 04:29:55 PM
I'm interested but I'd like to know more about the plot.

Hit me up with any major questions you might have. A lot of my story will be open-ended to the players. We can add in sub-plots related to world specifics as well as ones depending on character relation. Aside from the concepts I said I'd like to include earlier, the plot will start out with the female lead and male lead suffering an incident which splits them apart. (This part is really dependant on if the female lead wants to get turned into the kid character or not, if she doesn't then she is just re-configured into a new body, same age, with no memory of her past besides a desire to find "him".) The same thing happens to the male lead, only he gets reconfigured into a different form (which will be a surprise but it'll be easy to figure out early on in the RP).
Several years later the owner of the gaming system gets an online account and strange new characters begin to appear in the game (Such as doubles of some of the characters, "2 Marios? something strange is going on here."
The first person shooters will likely be the first ones to notice since they seem to be the popular ones played online, but when they go to other game characters about their concern, nobody believes them and thinks it's just PTSD from being a shooter. Though a few other characters really believe them and help to investigate (the main characters) Only after a tragic accident (angry girlfriend smashing system) does the real plot reveal itself. When the system is taken to the shop for repairs the game characters begin to realize the truth behind who they really are and the sinister truth behind the programmers.

I'd really like to touch on the subject of older characters being re-configured into new data as they "die"
Since We're using a fictional gaming company, old systems are recycled into new ones so some characters might have been around in the 70's and get re-configured with each generation of game system.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
It would be kind of like Turbo becoming King Candy only he did it willfully for sinister reasons, trying to replace characters in a game which he didn't belong.
Characters like Megaman and Mario just get upgraded and don't really change, but characters in say, a generic racing game that loses popularity in the 80's get reconfigured into the characters of the new popular racing game that comes out.
Also touching on the idea of "same character, unique experience" which will be a shocker when a game character from console A meets a character who belongs to console B, who's is identical to them in appearance but has a different personality.

I intend to have quite a few surprises and twists as the RP progresses so there are some plot specifics I can't get into.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

MzHyde

I could do like a fantasy character. I might have an idea or two.

OHWceta

What Class? (We'll go with old final fantasy ones like white mage, black mage, red mage, warrior, thief, ect.)

Dont forget, the RP is open to suggestions for new world ideas. The roles list are also just suggestions, aside from the female lead, as long as the characters are unique they are welcome.

If anyone has good ideas for parody names for any games, feel free to suggest them. (Like Heroes Duty was named to sound like Call of Duty in WiR)

How about "Large Result" for Mass Effect? >_>

hippyness

What about an older extreme sporty style game, like Jet Set Radio or any of the Tony Hawks? If there's a place to grind and trick one of them is bound to follow. As well as constantly remind you why the 90's ended.
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I'll confess I know absolutely nothing about sports, but that's why we're making OC games intead of using the real ones. It'd give us some interesting characters though if anyone wants to claim the roles.

But, my biggest issue is that Sports games are generally based in the (modern) real world, this wouldn't provide us with much of a fantasy-styled world to explore. Though Jet Set Radio looks like a good style for the RP.
I do kind of like the idea of a sports character in the game though, "How are you going to kill a giant alien by throwing a ball?"  "I'll think of something."   Just an example.

I figured I'd wait until we had some of the sub-worlds fleshed out a little bit more but having a cast of characters might help the process.
Character Template:
Name:
Appearance: (Detailed description, pictures optional)
Relationship Status: (Single, Divorced, Widowed, ect. As well as "Open to relationships, not interested in relationships, ect.)
Orientation: (Streight, Gay, Bi, ect.)
Role: (Sci-Fi shooter, Race car driver, Fantasy Mage, ect.)
World: Fake Game name for RP (Real game based on.)
Bio: Character's history involving in-game and console (out-of-game) life.

JET SET RADIO GAME PLAY

Jet Set Radio is pretty highly stylized, I think something like that would be a good fit.

Name: Colonel Jeanette Gagarin
Relationship Status: Available
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Sci-Fi Shooter
World: Large Result (Mass Effect)
Bio: In-game, Colonel Gagarin is the poster child for the Confederation's war effort against the extra-galactic, immensely powerful Harvesters. She is also a member of the elite Revenant spec ops agency, which carries out small teams missions that would be considered suicide for anyone else. A natural leader, she is not a simple meathead - she's quick to adapt to circumstances and has a strong problem-solving intelligence, even if she doesn't have the education to grasp certain high-science concepts.
Out-game, Jeanette usually seeks relaxation. It's a tough job saving the universe, and so she usually ends up on the beach, watching the bouncy girls play volleyball or at the bar looking for men or women to share a bed with. Her weapon is always at her side, as trouble can strike anywhere, anytime.

apygoos

im definitely interested in this,and will likely take a spot. bookmarked.

hippyness

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 09:07:07 AM
I'll confess I know absolutely nothing about sports, but that's why we're making OC games intead of using the real ones. It'd give us some interesting characters though if anyone wants to claim the roles.

But, my biggest issue is that Sports games are generally based in the (modern) real world, this wouldn't provide us with much of a fantasy-styled world to explore. Though Jet Set Radio looks like a good style for the RP.
I do kind of like the idea of a sports character in the game though, "How are you going to kill a giant alien by throwing a ball?"  "I'll think of something."   Just an example.

I don't mean sports games like football or basketball types. Like in Karma's video. Toss in some Crazy Taxi one liners and SSX trick styles. Yeah....

On the same note, does any remember ProStars? Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and Bo Jackson were kind of super heroes. I remember watching the show but not if it was good or not. It was followed by the Michael Jackson cartoon so put it on that level.

I'll post up a character shortly with the character sheet.

OHWceta

Added it to the worlds list.

I play mostly similar Genres of games so I'm deffintly trying to reach out to bring in unique variety to the RP.

MzHyde

Roxi, Arcade Racer
Roxi's Victory Screen

Name:Roxi Rocket
Role:Arcade Racer
World:G-Force Racing [F-Zero]
Bio:Roxanne Racquel goes by the in-game name 'Roxi Rocket' in her game G-Force Racing. Her in-game backstory is that she is the only female racer in a racing league supposedly dominated entirely by men. Little do fans and gamers know that the mysterious Racer Omega is, in fact, a female and Roxi's sister! In game Roxi works all the tropes she's supposed to; she's the determined female racer in a man's world who maintains a cheery and outgoing attitude. She's the underdog for people who like underdogs and the female for girl games (or guys that like looking at ladies). Outside of the game, in 'real life', Roxi is pretty laid-back and not quite as stupidly peppy as she's programmed to appear in-game. She's still got that same fire and determination to succeed, though, and takes racing seriously. She spends a lot of time working on her speeder, 'Cherrybomb', even though it gets reset to it's default parameters with the start of each new game day. Also, the 'mysterious' Racer Omega is just her neighbor Tanya from across the hall.

Gunnar & Sonya, JRPG Heroes
On vacation in Extreme Beach Girl Volleybal Island!

Name:Gunnar & Sonya
Role:JRPG Heroes
World:Dragon Fantasy VI: Crystal Chronicles [Dragon Quest]
Bio:Gunnar and Sonya are an inseparable duo from the Dragon Fantasy series of games. They were introduced as party members in Dragon Fantasy IV and proved popular enough to get re-introduced in the next game. In Dragon Fantasy VI they've been relegated to recruit-able, but secret characters. Gunnar is the beefy brick wall type of tank character and Sonya, his ever-faithful companion, fills the 'strong girl' stereotype. He's slightly passive, but brave and loyal to his friends. She's hot-headed and eager to fight for a cause she believes in. Together, they've been in world-saving hero parties for well over two-hundred hours. Outside the game, however, they long for the spotlight and hope for a game of their own. They're tired of being out of the spotlight when, face it, Gunnar is the one taking all the hits and Sonya is the one dealing the most damage. Unfair! They also constantly worry about the decline of JRPG's as a whole, even though the Dragon Fantasy saga is one of the longest lasting and most popular. They're not married, but Sonya is always dropping hints.

Maria Marina, Action Platformer Princess
Promotional image for Princess Maria: Revenge of The Dinolings

Name:Princess Maria Marina
Role:Action Platformer (Gritty Reboot)
World:Super Maria [Mario Bros.]
Bio:Maria Marina's been an action game staple since the early 80's and her games have always featured smooth controls, lots of power-ups, and iconic characters. These kids today just don't get the simple things, though, so developers have brought her back for a gritty reboot that nobody asked for. In a much darker version of the Shitake Kingdom, Princess Maria Marina is suddenly attacked by her old nemesis the Dino King. He kidnapped her sister and destroyed her castle. Now it's time for her to set things right with the help of a giant talking hammer and tons of blood and swearing! Rated M for Mature. On the one hand, Maria likes being in the spotlight again. On the other, the Princess isn't -quite- so enjoying having to smash all those heads in with her big hammer. It can be exhilarating at times, though. Maybe she might grow to enjoy this...

-Looking to play as Roxi (above) but I was inspired and came up with two more based on pictures I had lying around. So, those are open if anyone wants to play them, feel free.-

OHWceta

I like the concepts, I'll work on adding their game worlds to my current list!

Though I failed to mention. I noticed how Maria is from a game equivilant to Mario Bros. While newer games will in-fact be parodied, older classics will actually be mentioned as their published universe Self (Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Donkey Kong, Pitfall Harry, ect.  Much in a similar way WiR made Heroes Duty which was pardied from CoD, but kept the classics around. (But at the same time there can be parody spin off games that don't really exist which can be made up in this world.
I doubt it needs mentioning but I'll also bring up that when I say parody, that doesn't mean it HAS to be funny. Here Parody just means taking the base concept and changing some things so it's OC, but still rsemble the original in a few ways.

ElusiveM00se

After reading through this thread - I have an idea for a "white mage"-themed character who lost her powers for some reason related to the plot (or sub-plot, if your main plot doesn't mesh with this idea)?

However, I saw a few profiles already for fantasy characters. Are you allowing more than one? I didn't want to make up a bio if I was already out of luck, yanno? :)

I would be happy to create a bio upon request/idea acceptance. Thanks and good luck! Happy writing!
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

The fantasy characters so far haven't been mages.

We still need a female lead if you're interested (It could explain her losing her powers as a result of re-programming maybe)

apygoos

so many options >.< i don't know what to play!

ElusiveM00se

I have a lot of RPs going already, solos, though. This would be my first group. What kind of posting frequency were you looking for? Some days I can post 1-5xDay, sometimes it's 1xWeek. I don't want to put you in a bad position, or hold anything up. If you want me, though, I don't mind doing your female lead, unless someone else wants it.
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

OHWceta

Quote from: apygoos on February 23, 2013, 05:41:18 PM
so many options >.< i don't know what to play!
We could use a few more males so there's  a balance in the cast. dont want anyone left out of the romance scenes...unless they want to of course.

Quote from: ElusiveM00se on February 23, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
I have a lot of RPs going already, solos, though. This would be my first group. What kind of posting frequency were you looking for? Some days I can post 1-5xDay, sometimes it's 1xWeek. I don't want to put you in a bad position, or hold anything up. If you want me, though, I don't mind doing your female lead, unless someone else wants it.
I'm looking at an official post rate of 1 or 2 per week.  Thanks to school I sometimes only have time for once a week, though on slow weeks (slow school and work, not RPing) I can post once a day.

This goes for the main plot. If say, 2 more active posters get into a romance scene and want to finish the scenario in once day, it wont be discouraged. Just as long as we dont end up having a person scrolling through 5 pages of side-story before finding where the plot left off.

If need be I can whip together a male character.

apygoos

mine will definitely be a male, its still so many possibilities!

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

I'm looking at an official post rate of 1 or 2 per week.  Thanks to school I sometimes only have time for once a week, though on slow weeks (slow school and work, not RPing) I can post once a day.

This goes for the main plot. If say, 2 more active posters get into a romance scene and want to finish the scenario in once day, it wont be discouraged. Just as long as we dont end up having a person scrolling through 5 pages of side-story before finding where the plot left off.

Understood! Well, please feel free to wait for more applicants and/or my bio (which I'm working on right now), but I'll accept the lead female if you want. :)

OHWceta

Anyone have suggestions for a Pokemon/Digimon style game world?  I'd like to have my kiddie character be a trainer...but I dont really want to create 150 kinds of animals jut for a short sub-plot in this RP.

apygoos

well wouldn't pokemon be big enough thing to be able to parody the trainer/game, but not the species?

Yokaimon: Special people born in this world are able to summon yokai, nature spirits, into animals and objects. They must then battle and capture the yokai monsters, or yokaimon, using special items known as yokai discs. Sometimes yokai will possess something of its own volition and roam the world - sometimes trainers must personally summon them. Yokaimon develop, growing larger and stronger as they battle.

This way you can pretty much do as you please - have them possess a known thing, or make one up on your own.

OHWceta

Good idea! thanks, I totally got so caught up in OCs I failed the published universes.

*facepalm*

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 06:10:50 PM
Anyone have suggestions for a Pokemon/Digimon style game world?  I'd like to have my kiddie character be a trainer...but I dont really want to create 150 kinds of animals jut for a short sub-plot in this RP.

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
Yokaimon: Special people born in this world are able to summon yokai, nature spirits, into animals and objects. They must then battle and capture the yokai monsters, or yokaimon, using special items known as yokai discs. Sometimes yokai will possess something of its own volition and roam the world - sometimes trainers must personally summon them. Yokaimon develop, growing larger and stronger as they battle.

This way you can pretty much do as you please - have them possess a known thing, or make one up on your own.

That's a really good idea. Another idea would be to stick to a specific area of creatures - nature as above, or perhaps mythical creatures (centaur, dragon, fairy)?

I mean, the way I defined it, a yokaimon could be literally anything. They're nature spirits, but they can possess any non-sentient object or creature. It's all up to the writers to decide what.

apygoos

yokaimon...sounds like yugioh, pokemon, and beyblade put together..
DO WANT

OHWceta

Hm...this would be useful. Thanks.

Being able to possess things..... >:)   Lightbulb!

Just made that all up on the spot. Glad I struck gold! :D

hippyness

Name: Dillon Crow
Appearance: Sorry, no pictures as of yet... maybe later... maybe
Dillon is a skinny bean pole of a rider decked out in an open camo vest and baggy phatty jeans with his black boxers showing and green fingerless gloves. On his feet are the latest in AnGraviSkates or AGS, a pair of neon pink, green and black roller blades. He has short spiked (anime style) neon green hair shooting out from under a black beanie and yellow lensed goggles cover his green eyes.  On his back is a camo backpack with spray paint cans stuck in the mess for easy access, (although the ingame animation has him pull cans from his pocket.)
Relationship Status: Single, and looking for something
Orientation: Straight but hey, it's the 90's, I'm chill.
Role: Skater, platformer, fighter or artist.
World: Sky King: Blade Bomb Brawl (based on: Jet Set Radio, Getting Up, Tony Hawk and Pro Skater plus Air Gear for some fun)
Bio:
In Game: In Sky King: BBB, the player is tasked with choosing a character then taking them from a know nothing busta to King of the Sky by forming a gang, defending territory and spray painting mad sick paints on every surface all while avoiding cops, school and work. Dillon is one of six playable characters to begin the game as. Dillon's story is one of freedom. Growing up alone on the streets of Neo-Metrotown, Dillon learned the only freedom is found in the sky. The invention of AnGraviSkates allowed for a new form of transport, allowing people to skate anywhere and Neo-Metrotown was the sickest, wildest ride to trick your brains out on. But that was changing. The Sky King was afraid of the lower gangs and began making laws to assure his job as ruler would stay that way. No simple task like running for mayor of Neo-Metrotown, the Sky King was the most rightous AGS rider and the only way to topple his reign was to take him on in the Sky King tournament. For Dillon to take over he would have to select a turf, build a gang, gather some rep and bust some major tricks to pull it off what no one has ever managed before and save his town from dictatorship.
Out Of Game: Dillon just wants his freedom to ride. Nothing mattered other then that. The player choose who the hero was and it wasn't always Dillon so the true goal of the game never was his to begin with. He spends his time being free, whether skating, loving or fighting. He also drops some mad bombs where ever he's been so everyone knows where Dillon goes.

OHWceta

I'll likely post a few bios of my own tomorrow. Though I'm waiting to see what ElusiveM00se comes up with so I can work around the male lead getting r-programmed scenario.

I'm also thinking of doing the opposite of Vannelope in WiR with my kiddie character.
(instead of being stuck in the game because glitches can't leave)
She'll instead be an Avatar (you know, like the Xbox live ones or the Miis) So she can't be in a game. This goes with the stigma of game characters bullying avatars so she tries to pretend to be a game character, but to no avail. 

I'll need a male game character who sticks up for her, that she'll eventually fall for.

ElusiveM00se

Submitted for OHWceta's approval... :)

Name: Keara Bej-xis

Appearance: Snow white hair falls straight and free down her back to her waist. She wears the robes of her profession. As one of the highest-ranked in her class, Keara was allowed the privilege of dying her uniform any color she desired, so long as the appearance itself remained unaltered. Little more than a corset and fancy loincloth - the risque-ness of her clothes were a matter of necessity. Mages would often overheat their bodies after exhausting their Mana, and sometimes the simplest spell could cause the mage a great fever. The staff she carries is a tool to amplify her power, since she has access to her abilities even if the absence of her staff. Crafted from the rare wood of the Scared Tree, it is topped with crystals in the shape of crescent moons, the source of her amplification.

Picture Inspiration

Relationship Status: It's complicated...
Orientation: Straight (Female interested in Males)

Role: White Witch (Fantasy/Mage)
World: Dire Destinies [Final Fantasy III]
Bio (WIP): Keara graduated in the top five of her at the Mage University in Cyme’ioa. Within her game world, it was little wonder that she was recruited to adventure with other high-ranking professionals to search for the missing fragments that made up the Tablet of Ages. The journey took more than a year, but their friendships lasted a lifetime. Friendships that lasted even after the game was turned off, and the final boss defeated. Outside of the game world, the young woman is a klutz. Healing magic is the only thing she excels in. Sometimes, even walking down a road seems too difficult. With no other skills or abilities, she relies on her shifts at the hospitals and clinics in the city to make money. White Witches do not earn a substantial cut of the adventuring treasure, after all...

Major Major

Give me a bit, and I could bodge together a 'Wild West' character for you.

Hm... we should probably keep track of orientations so no one is left out.

OHWceta

Very good point, I'll add it to my Template actually.   :-[

ElusiveM00se

I updated my bio with the new orientation information.

Once there's a "live" thread, I'll update the bio again with more plot-relavant information? Does that sound fair?

OHWceta

Yeah, sounds good to me.

I added you to the roster on page 1 (The full and official character/world list)

There's a few things we'll deffinetly have to work on before the RP starts since a lot of the plot is affected by the connection between the female and male leads. 

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 06:59:23 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me.

I added you to the roster on page 1 (The full and official character/world list)

There's a few things we'll deffinetly have to work on before the RP starts since a lot of the plot is affected by the connection between the female and male leads. 

I did reply to your PM, hope you got it... >.<  I'll be going afk for a shower in a few minutes, but I'll answer anything you send when I get back. For the most part, I'm going to side with whatever your ideas are for the lead male/female pairing - but I'll give whatever brainstorming ideas/feedback I come up with as it happens! :)

MzHyde

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 06:26:52 PM
Just made that all up on the spot. Glad I struck gold! :D

Well, kind of. Yokai are already a real thing, I'm sure you knew that when you posted the idea. Er, 'real' in the sense that yokai are supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore. Still a good alternative to Pokemon though.

OHWceta

Bad news though.....I have to go to work so it will be quite a while before I am able to get back to you on any further plot developing.

My to do list:
Work on worlds for ideas that MzHyde submitted
Submit my character Bios
Update Roster if anyone submits new characters or worlds between now and when I get back

hippyness

Quote from: ElusiveM00se on February 23, 2013, 06:45:32 PM
Submitted for OHWceta's approval... :)

for the approval of the Midnight Society? ^_^

Also the Pokemon thing reminds me of Monster Rancher some...

I know. It's a more general reconstruction of the conceptual origins of Pokemon.

apygoos

so..must it be all OCs? or what if i took someone like say, Red from Pokemon. He never speaks, but what if he did? was just thinking that could be something to have fun with, and take the adventure RPG genre

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: apygoos on February 23, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
so..must it be all OCs? or what if i took someone like say, Red from Pokemon. He never speaks, but what if he did? was just thinking that could be something to have fun with, and take the adventure RPG genre

They are all OC's with a 'nod' to a cannon of some sort. You can have some personality traits, skills/abilities and even appearance. But the name/game cannot be "Red/Pokemon" - does that make sense?

Call him Crimson and have him speak in Cockney without changing anything else. :D

Major Major

Character Template:
Name: James 'Slim Jim' Copper
Appearance:
James Copper is a 21 year old man of slim build and standing about 5 foot 10 in bare feet. He has dark brown/green eyes, shaggy, shoulder length brown/black hair and is clean shaven, aside from a moustache and a goatee. His usual outfit is a shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off at the shoulders, a red bandanna, black trousers tucked into tall cowboy boots, chaps, black fingerless gloves and a wide-brimmed 'Cattleman' style stetson.
Relationship Status: Single, open for relationships
Orientation: Straight
Role: Wild West Gunslinger
World: High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Bio:
(In-Game): James is a man on a mission of justice, and maybe a little vengence at the same time. The son of an ex-soldier who moved out to the frontier to become a farmer, Jim is a quiet man with a strong sense of right and wrong, along with a biting sense of humour and a short temper when it comes to complications to his mission. His quest began when his folks were approached by a rich cattle baron, who wanted to buy their land to expand his ranch. He offered an insultingly low price for the farm, and his parents naturally refused. In revenge, the cattle baron hired the Cooke Brothers, a notorious local gang, to intimidate the Copper family and drive them off the land. Jim's father was shot and left to die, and his mother and teenaged sister were kidnapped by the gang. Now, he travels all over the territory, seeking to rescue his mother and sister, and gain some payback from the gang and their employer.
(Out of Game): Much like his in-game persona, James is a quiet man with a strong moral and ethical code, though he's also a great deal calmer than how he acts in his game.

How's that?

apygoos

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 07:54:56 PM
Call him Crimson and have him speak in Cockney without changing anything else. :D
that..isnt a bad idea...i like it :3
and i think i might work with my own rendition of a previous idea.
the world is filled with magical energies, these energies manifest as various forms of creatures and whatnot. There are those who are young talented sorcerers who have a  thirst for adventure. Sorcerers may tame these spirits by various means, but legend tells of one who synergies with the energies of the spirits so well, that he can house them in his own body, arguably any sorcerer who could do this is one of the most powerful in the world.

Monster training isn't an uncommon idea, but we should make sure the worlds aren't too similar, you know?

apygoos

well with the world that formed in my head from what i typed up there, it pays homage to pokemon/adventure  RPG, but its not a carbon copy, far from

Oldknight

4 extra ideas for games if you need them

button mashering action game (dynasty warriors, 99 nights, etc)
fighter sims (Ace Combat
classic side scrollers (final fight, battletoads, ghoals and ghost, etc)
classic shooter (gattica, r-type, etc)

OHWceta

My Male lead will likely be from a Dynasty Warriors like game or fighting game.

I updated the roster with James, now i'll work on my OCs for the RP, see you guys in a few hours!

I like the idea of a sidescroller, just trying to figure out which one. Mario, and Megaman will have a few mentions in the story, as well as the original sidescroller Pitfall Harry. The joke is going to be that he's the Chuck Norris of videogames.

BTW, like in WiR the games will have a hubb between them which will be known as "The Dashboard", this is where the Avatars live. Avatars are not game characters so they are forbidden from entering a game, and because they can't be in a game they don't have any achievements which registers them as pretty much second class citizens.
Rules of The Dashboard:
All villains must be registered and evaluated as safe to leave their game, unsafe villians are locked in the prison until their game is loaded.
All characters MUST return to their own game when the loading screen plays.
No romantic relationships outside your game (many secret relationships are held however, this rule will only be in effect for the earliest portion of the game before it's voted out of effect).
Avatars are NOT allowed to leave the Dashboard as players can log into the dashboard at any time without a load screen, and expect to see thier avatar displayed.
Being inside another game after the loading screen is completed and a game starts is immediate grounds for deletion.
And most importantly: IF YOU DIE OUTSIDE YOUR GAME, YOU CANNOT COME BACK

Oldknight

if it is open I would be up for making a fighting game character for that spot.

OHWceta

Go ahead. You're welcome to join, the slot is still available. (unless you're going with a Nightmare like character from a Soul Calibur like game, I've already made a villain like that.)

hippyness

Quote from: OHWceta on February 24, 2013, 11:20:19 AM
And most importantly: IF YOU DIE OUTSIDE YOUR GAME, YOU CANNOT COME BACK

Thank you Sonic, I've always listened to you.

If a stranger tries to touch you in a way you don't like, that's no good great if the game is NC!

apygoos

OHWceta

Red or Crimson are ok names.

We've agreed so far on Yokaimon, expand on it as you wish, right now we just have spirits that posses objects and make them into living creatures.

apygoos

so for the next hour or so I will bedebating between Crimson and Yokaimon, or, the Assailants Code

MzHyde

Why no out of game romances? That seems like it would take away from some RP possibilities. Also, why would that be a rule? As long as everyone acts the way they're supposed to act in-game, what would it matter?

These are the rules of the world, not rules for the players. You'd be punished in character if you did so, but it's totally okay as a writer, as I understand it.

hippyness

Yeah, that's how I see it.

So in Wreck it Ralph terms, Felix and Calhoun wouldn't have been allowed to marry.

Not that we are going to let rules stop anything. Seriously, rules. When I'm the Sky King, I'll make the rules -wink-

^_^

OHWceta

The rules of the hubb state it not to be allowed. It's strictly discouraged but the authorities do not punish the act.

Also, when the characters go on their adventure which involves a lot of game jumping, nothing is really stopping romances from developing.
I'm currently trying to come up with a horror story which inspired the rule.

*forbidden relationship ruins game relationship, ruins game, game ended, characters deleted. That kind of tragedy.

apygoos

this si going to be wayyy too much fun, hehehe

hippyness

So a couple went Turbo...

I guess we'd have to replace Turbo with their names or such.

"Dudes, you guys can't all like hook it up. Going -insert term here- is wicked no good, man. You'll get us all mad wiped out."

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: hippyness on February 24, 2013, 03:02:11 PM
So a couple went Turbo...

I guess we'd have to replace Turbo with their names or such.

"Dudes, you guys can't all like hook it up. Going -insert term here- is wicked no good, man. You'll get us all mad wiped out."

Suggestions -

Turbo =....

emo/cross-eyed or cross-over (like cross-platform)/heartcore/game shark (lol "going game shark", I just had to)/over the fence/tilt (like a pinball 'tilt')

Just ideas that popped into my head. Feel free to love/hate any/none of them ;)

OHWceta

Here's my PCs, who will be joining in on the adventure. I'll have more info on the NPCs later.

Name: Ceta Seijunon
Appearance:
His skin is slightly more tanned and he carries a barbed Katana. He also wears a round hat similar to Yojimbos in final Fantasy X
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Orientation: Streight
Role: Samurai, Male Lead
World: Destiny Warriors (Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors)
Bio: In Game - Ceta was born destined for greatness, his father Juno was the chief governor of the land of Cydonia, this gave him all the best teachers and all the best training to become governor himself someday. But then the Kephler empire decided to wage war across the continent. Since his father was too old to fight, Ceta took up the mantel of head General to the Cydonian armies. A popular game at first, the audiance started to lose interest after the third game and it was replaced by War of the Old Republic which focused more on the Amaranthine and Eastonian Republics than Kephler lands.
Out of Game - Tired of constant warring, Ceta seeks out anything that can bring him peace in his life. That as when he met Keara Bej-xis. As she cared for his wounds at the clinic he began to fall in love with her. She was his peace, the only beauty he could find in a world of destruction. But out of game romances were forbidden. Their secret love went on for a while but eventually the popularity of Destiny Warriors fell and Ceta faced deletion. He tried to hide in Dire Destinies but was discovered, the punishment led to his own deletion and Keara was reprogrammed, thus ending the tragic love story.

Name: Oblivion
Appearance: Full armor
Human Face 
Orientation: Asexual
Role: Secondary Villain, Tragic Hero
World:Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Bio: As Sigurd Wallace lay dying, he made one last wish, to curse the souls of his enemies in War. Unexpectedly his wish came true. The sword in his hand sprang to life, consuming the soul of his foe. Then the sword spoke to him, "I can give you your wish, but it will come at a cost, you must give me 100 souls, in return I will give you eternal life and the strength of an army of men. But as he went about slaying his foes, he began to lose his own mind to the bloodshed wrought by the sword. Sigurd was no more, he was now the evil knight Oblivion, his purpose was to feed the sword, and curse the land with its evil. Outside of the game he is registered as free to leave his game, but nobody has seen where he goes when he does leave his game. The Dark Knight constantly remains an enigma.

Name: May-May-xsixteenx (May)
Appearance: Avatar Form
Re-Programmed Adult Form
Spoiler for later in RP
Orientation: Streight
Role: Kid Character, Avatar
World: The Dashboard
Bio: May was the Avatar thought up by the console owner's little sister. She constantly roams the Dashboard looking for friends, but is scorned and bullied by most, but still keeps a positive attitude. She likes to ask questions, much to the annoyance of Game characters, and often tries to follow them into a game or pretend to be a game character. Her biggest insecurity though is her size, she claims that is why they wont allow her in games, drawing her thoughts away from being an Avatar.

Name: Colonel Jeanette Gagarin (Black-Ops Version)
Appearance: (Same as Karma's character in character model but she wears the Black-Ops covert armor.
This is for armor reference only, since she's an equivilant to Karma's character.
Relationship Status: Available
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Minor Villain, crossover from online play.
World: Large Result, Black-Ops
Bio: Her console owner choosing the renegade path only cemented her dark future upon the release of the Black-Ops downloadable content. After loosing her entire squad and being left for dead, Col. Gagarin must join the sinister team Fenrir and track down the Harvesters with ruthless mercy. But all is not what it seems, and friends quickly become foes in the thrall of the harvesters. Both her renegade user and the darker story of the long-awaited DLC to Large result, has given her a much more violent attitude than her countrpart and rarely distinguishes friend from foe if they get in her way.

MzHyde

Soul Blade is already the name of a real game.

Spartan Revy? Holy shit, that's awesome!

hippyness

Quote from: Karma on February 24, 2013, 03:10:43 PM
Oh god, the slang... *dying*

Yeah, it hurts to post too but I'm laughing the whole time so it's worth it. ^_^

I kind of like heartcore and of course I love the game shark (let's be old for a second... Game Genie... and continuing)

Okay, what if the main protagonist of a dating sim feel in love with another game's girl. In his game, he might not feel like hitting on the girls, which is the inter point of said game. We could call that "dating", just for a fun poke at real life.

Also, dude.

OHWceta

I'm thinking that the guy dumps his girl ingame for one out of game.
The Jilted lover somehow survives deletion *which will be a secret revealed on how this occurs late in the RP* and becomes a very important villain.

I fixed Soul Blade Via MzHyde's info. *Hopes Soul Savior isn't taken, if it is then screw it, we're going with Soul Savior anyways!

I remember gameshark, all the guys who tried to use it for "secret Naked females code" in the 90's

A lot of people don't know this, but Soul Blade was actually the very first Soul Calibur. It's an easy mistake to make.

OHWceta

I forgot all about Soul Blade, I do remember Soul Edge though.

Soul Edge was the JP name; everybody else named it Soul Blade.

hippyness

Yay for Soul Blade. It was a weird transition to make from Blade to Calibur but we powered through an did it.

Did anyone play Ehrgeiz? My copy has been lost to time and I weep over that sometimes.

I played that game. It was.... interesting.

apygoos

Name:Crimson
Appearance:
Relationship Status: single, open to relationships
Orientation: Bi-curious, very, very strong hetero leaning
Role: Adventure RPG
World: Spiritmon [pokemon]
Bio: Crimson was the original protagonist in the Spiritmon series. By the game's lore, he is one of the most powerful spirit tamers in a world full of magical spirits. These spirits take the forms of various objects and creatures, often with an elemental affiliation. Crimson was the first spirit tamer of the series to be able to house the power of his spirits into his person, while other tamers often need to use things like tarot cards, runes and the like to capture them. Each subsequent version has featured a tamer of similar value, but non ever like Crimson. He has had several minor appearances in the other versions, but even then, the designed never gave him any speaking lines, even being mocked by his in game rival as being a "talkative type". When the player isn't looking at him, he does talk, he wants to talk. When in the console, he often finds himself looking for fresh adventure, and a companion to have it with. He is often seen as a loner, thanks to how the game developers portray him, but he doesn't want to be forever alone...

tell me what ya think!

MzHyde

What if you changed 'Large Result' to something more sci-fi sounding? Like 'Quantum Result' or 'Mass Impact' or 'Matter Affect'?

I made the name as a joke, I wasn't seriously expecting to use it! xD

MzHyde

All the more reason to change it, 'cause I think he's gonna use it. :P

Oldknight

Name: Kenji Mura
Appearance: Tall, standing just over 6 feet tall. He has a light tan complexion, which looks somewhat even pale. His eyes are a dark chocolate brown, which tend to get a bit brighter when he is happy. He has short always mess black hair, that always becomes a mess even when fixed in just a little bit of time. He is strong, with a good deal of lean muscle on his frame, and he is carries himself with a general confidence in his own abilities that makes him seem a bit bigger then reality.
Relationship Status: Single
Orientation:Straight
Role: Fighter Game
World: King of the Ring (street fighter)
Bio: He started off as a young orphan, whom traveled around under the tutelage of his great sensei, whom trained in the ancient arts of fighting and worked with him to bring out his natural talent for fighting. He first joined the King of the Ring tournament as a unknown, and came out in 3rd place behind his sparing partner, and his rival. He then has since came close but never won the King of the Ring Tournament, always leaving the fight to defeat a new foe and save the day. He has also been traveling, learning all he can, and improving his own skills.

OHWceta

Quote from: MzHyde on February 24, 2013, 07:56:15 PM
What if you changed 'Large Result' to something more sci-fi sounding? Like 'Quantum Result' or 'Mass Impact' or 'Matter Affect'?

Now that you've suggested it. I really hate naming things actually.

I'll add Crimson and Kenji to the roster. I'd say we're almost ready to begin, but I'm gonna have a lot of writing up ideas plotwise among other small details.

hippyness

YAY! I'm excited for this to get going.

OHWceta

5 male, 4 female, we could use another female character now. At least ratio-wise

It's hard to count in bi characters for pairings since they are open to either gender.

Having committed to a few other things, I don't think I'm comfortable making a second character for this... if I overextend again, all my games will suffer. Let's find another player!

OHWceta

I've seen a few interested people who haven't posted characters yet, and with how many we've got on so far, the prospects are sounding pretty good.

Iblis121

You guys still accepting characters? This sounds AWESOME.

EDIT: Oh, you guys are looking for female characters. My bad. I'll keep an eye out, though. I'm interested, but I don't wanna skew the ratio further.

MzHyde

CurvyKitten

slips in and adds her interest to the thread~ I'm thinking something like guitar hero warriors of rock.

Though I do have a question if avatars are limited to the dashboard how do they interact with the other games? Just wondering as I have an Avatar character in mind as well.

OHWceta

The other games visit The Dashboard as it's the hubb between games.
Since they're stuck in the dashboard which has very little they can do, they kind of find entertainment in interracting with game characters as they pass through the area, though this usually ends up annoying most game characters.
So they generally resort to finding games they can play to entertain themselves. (Games like counting the number of certain character types to pass through the Dashboard, or going to the jail to harass the Behemoth.)
Last rule, all Avatars must be Chibi or SD style.

I'll also mention that the whole "you can't come back if you die outside your game" applies to Avatars too, but since they don't have a game having to remain in the Dashboard keeps them safe.

CurvyKitten

Name: Lily
Appearance:
starting image

alternate outfit full guitar mode unlocked
more of Lily

Relationship Status: Single "open to a relationship."
Orientation:straight with bi curiosities.
Role: Rock warrior
World: Guitar Destiny (Guitar Hero warriors of rock)
Bio:
In Game.
Lily finds herself the main character of this chosen adventure. A god has gone renegade and taken upon himself the goal of taking over man kind. He has chosen the most popular form of media to slip his message and powers into. His key generals not picking up swords or casting balls of fire. But picking up guitars, and working their will threw the music they played. Lily A chosen yet as of yet unknown artist as come to learn of this. Her only ability was her music, but that would lead her to what she needed to fight what was coming. Blessed by the gods that still believed in man, she would work her way up the charts just as her rivals did. Gaining abilities and power as she did, the final battle no doubt going to be an epic one.
Out of Game.
Lily is often found slipping out of her game at odd hours. After hours upon hours of battling and no doubt repetitive music play. She wants to be able to have fun, to play what she wants and to find someone to have that fun with. A social butterfly she is known for being able to travel from game to game and find some way to fit in. Known by most but only truly befriended by a few. Lily has no idea what life outside her game will bring, but she bold enough and excited enough to find out.

OHWceta

I've added Lily to the roster. I'll be gone for quite a while working out kinks in my plot ideas as well as writing out an official world list and character ideas for NPCs, I'll check back though if anyone has comments, questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions. I'd say expect the official RP thread, OOC thread, and such up in 2 days. I'll probably PM each of you individually sometime to discuss ideas related to your individual characters' worlds. (some of you I've talked to already)

3 Bi characters, 1 male who's mostly attracted to females, 1 bi-curious female and another Bi female.
This would throw the balance to allow for more females though trying to keep it close.

Though a lot of this will be affected by character interactions in the story so we don't really want to set up "pairs" of characters yet. Considering some of us might want to go through the whole cast of available characters before they settle down. (don't get any ideas  ;)  ) I just don't want anyone stuck alone through the whole RP, unless it's by choice.

Alright, so the next big thing I'd like to establish, what is the prefered Ratio of adult content? I've had situations before where I lost members because they had a "must have sex after so many post" rule. But i've had others so engrossed in the plot, that side-story relationships were left neglected.
This also goes to ask how much time out of the plot do you guys want to spend building relationships and not just chasing the bad guy? ect.

I don't particularly care; I have games heavy on plot and heavy on sex, so this one could go either way for me.

OHWceta

so it could go both ways, like your character.   :P

sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

CurvyKitten

I always fallow the rp, so if a scene truly leads there for my character then ook. If not well there is always more rp goodness to be had beyond sex. So I suppose I don't go OMG i have to have sex, but I am all right and all for it when it happens naturally within the story. Hopefully that makes sense ...lol

I have a few other idea's for female character just didn't know what was still needed. I have a horror game idea, and a legend of the dragoon idea as well. I have no problem play more than one character either. 

FYI, Jeanette is bi, but prefers women for relationships. Don't know that anyone cares, just putting it out there.

OHWceta

I kind of guessed by a few hints you dropped earlier. That's why I opened the ratio to more females than males.

OHWceta

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 25, 2013, 04:21:15 PM
I always fallow the rp, so if a scene truly leads there for my character then ook. If not well there is always more rp goodness to be had beyond sex. So I suppose I don't go OMG i have to have sex, but I am all right and all for it when it happens naturally within the story. Hopefully that makes sense ...lol

I have a few other idea's for female character just didn't know what was still needed. I have a horror game idea, and a legend of the dragoon idea as well. I have no problem play more than one character either.

If anyone wants to play as multiple characters, I'm perfectly fine with that too. (not sure if MzHyde was playing as all the ones she submitted or not so I only have Roxy in the roster for now)

MzHyde

OHWceta

ok, you posted her before I added that to the bio sheet.

apygoos

im fine with as much sex as we like, as long as its not just like, "hi, im Crimson, lets fuck" I like at least something happening prior, even if its small, that leads to it

OHWceta

Has anyone played Scarlet Blade? It's pretty new to the U.S. 

It's caught my possible interest for a world currently.

OHWceta

Alright.

We've got a good sized cast for starting up. More are still welcome to join, but now I think it's about time to think about villains.
The suggestion box is still open for villain proposals. Some games they might be a bad guy/final boss type, while others (such as sport like games, and in a sense...pokemon, yeah i know they have team Rocket and all but they're not the final boss of he game) might focus more on a rival type character.
And some villains might even cross over from online play. Villains would not just be final bosses but pretty much any boss or named enemy character.
Some of you seem to have villain ideas in your character Bios but now we're really getting more into specifics like names and such.
Aside from villains we also need some baddies. Baddies of course are like generic lackies that mindlessly serve the main villains. These would pretty much be unnamed and having identical groups that only differentiate by type.

World List: Here's all the worlds we have so far.
Mass Impact (Mass Effect)
G-Force Racing (F-Zero)
High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Sky King: Blade Bomb Brawl  (Equivilant to Jet Set Radio, ect.)
Dire Destinies: (Final Fantasy)
King of the Ring (Street Fighter)
Guitar Destiny (Guitar Hero warriors of rock)
Yokaimon

Villains so far:
Console Residents-
Oblivion (Soul Savior)

Online Play:
Col. Gagarin (Mass Impact: Black-Ops)
Pauline (Donkey Kong)

hippyness

Quote from: OHWceta on February 25, 2013, 04:10:05 PM
I've had situations before where I lost members because they had a "must have sex after so many post" rule.

Wow... like seriously? That sounds like a waste... anyways, I'm here to play a game with an idea I like, so either way it leads I'm good.

I hope we have plenty of time to RP off each other so our characters can grow closer to each other, not just bonded by a task.

As for enemies, Sky King mostly would have cops and generic gang members for the random spawn mooks.

OHWceta

I'm thinking about making Pauline our "Turbo"
She could possibly try to sabotage Sky King by infiltrating the game and earning the title for herself.

In case you're not familiar with Pauline, she was Mario's lover before Peach (Donkey Kong era). When Mario fell for Peach, Pauline refused to accept their relationship and tried to take Mario back. This result crashed the game and forced Pauline to be imprisoned (at the time deletion was not as common punishment), and Mario was reprogrammed with a new game and occupation (Plumber, he was originally a carpenter) so Pauline could never come after him again.

apygoos

hippyness

Sounds good and explains the shift in Mario's character than "just because"

"Whoa dude, like the Sky King's a chick man? That's way bogus."

OHWceta

doesn't have to be, she can easily be a competitor with the goal of taking over.

hippyness

It's fine if she's established. I'm just trying to bring out Dillon and get use to the grammar and slang I'm going to be using. Practice yo.

OHWceta

I've got the official Character thread open!!! 
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166870.msg7792544#msg7792544

Keep in mind, this is for APPROVED characters only. New submissions will still be posted here first for review, once it's ok'd and I add them to the roster, you can post the profile in the character thread. The character thread is for ease of access to the bios only. All discussions will be held here until the RP begins (when we'll have an OOC thread up)

Characterwise we're a little short on females, new submissions are still welcome even as we get closer to actually starting this RP.

OHWceta

UPDATE!!!
Villain Roles are now open! Players can post villain profiles.

Alright, I've PMed most of you regarding your worlds. (unless I've discussed certain aspects with you about the world earlier)
Now for our villains, we have 2 kinds.
Game-Villains: These would be the bad guys in their games but non-bad guys when interacting outside their game (like Ralph)
True-villains: These MIGHT be bad guys in their game, heck, they MIGHT even be the hero. But these ones team up with the RP villains with the intent on harming the game worlds or game characters.

There are 2 alliances of gaming villains:
Bad-"Anon"ymous - This group is for Villains in games who want to do good for the gaming community when they're outside their games
The League of Shadows - This group is held in secret, its members unknown. The leader has a secret plot to undo the gaming community, he orders his followers to perform various evil deeds, mostly low profile to avoid detection and deletion, but it seems he's plotting something BIG.

If you want the villain to be NPC (this would mean submitting character data so I can add it into my plotline, but you wouldn't be required to play as them) just let me know.

For PC villains, depending on which type of villain they are, I'll include Bad-Anon villains to my Hero Roster and only League of Shadows villains to the villain roster.

hippyness

If you don't want to use the Sky King as our "Turbo" setup, it is fine if he and some of the lower minibosses are in the Evil League of Evil... I mean, League of Shadows. He was written to be everything skaters and teenagers would see as evil, it follows he would be actually evil.

OHWceta

I'll work that around and see what I come up with for a plot.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: OHWceta on February 26, 2013, 08:22:51 PM
UPDATE!!!
Villain Roles are now open! Players can post villain profiles.

Alright, I've PMed most of you regarding your worlds. (unless I've discussed certain aspects with you about the world earlier)
Now for our villains, we have 2 kinds.
Game-Villains: These would be the bad guys in their games but non-bad guys when interacting outside their game (like Ralph)
True-villains: These MIGHT be bad guys in their game, heck, they MIGHT even be the hero. But these ones team up with the RP villains with the intent on harming the game worlds or game characters.

There are 2 alliances of gaming villains:
Bad-"Anon"ymous - This group is for Villains in games who want to do good for the gaming community when they're outside their games
The League of Shadows - This group is held in secret, its members unknown. The leader has a secret plot to undo the gaming community, he orders his followers to perform various evil deeds, mostly low profile to avoid detection and deletion, but it seems he's plotting something BIG.

If you want the villain to be NPC (this would mean submitting character data so I can add it into my plotline, but you wouldn't be required to play as them) just let me know.

For PC villains, depending on which type of villain they are, I'll include Bad-Anon villains to my Hero Roster and only League of Shadows villains to the villain roster.

I never got a pm, though I suppose mine is just straight forward. I do have another character in the works just having issues with my net so bare with me. Will have her up soon.

OHWceta

I understand.

Yeah, yours was pretty streight forward on the bio. Was there anything else you wanted to add though?

ElusiveM00se

Hey...

I'm still fairly new here, so I'm not 100% on the appropriate location for things... but I think you might need to ask a Moderator to move our "Approved Characters" thread from the "Exotic Solo" to "Exotic Small Group"...

OHWceta

Yeah, I was pretty close to passing out when I put it up.
I just saw "Light Exotic", missed the solo/small groups part...  :-[

Alright, with all the data I have to work with, it'll likely take me until the weekend to get the official RP thread ready to go. (Friday sometime)
Last-minute input is welcome and if anyone would like to include any last-minute characters.

CurvyKitten

:Character Template:
Name: Mayumi Kurenai
Appearance:

More pictures of Yumi

Relationship Status: Single Open to relationship
Orientation: Straight
Role:Ninja assassin
Affiliation: Hero
World: Blood red Honor (Red Ninja End of honor)
Bio:
:In game bio:
In game Yumi is the daughter of a long line of Ninja's. Her family set to protecting the people of the land and not just the nobility. Generation after generation dedicated to the task set before them. Yumi next in line is selected and trained, the mystic lessons were ones she never thought she'd use. But as her last lessons came upon her one of the emperor. brothers finally acted. Making a deal with what some one call the devil. An evil necromancer promising him the strongest armies and the kingdom. What the man promised in return is still unknown. But he family was called upon, Yumi not sure if she was ready was given the final test anyway. Wounded and heart broken as her Sensei was killed while she was gone. Yumi returned not only passing her test, but gaining the blessing of ancestry. Given an enchanted sword and the mark of her family Yumi set forth to do battle with the evil noble and save the country she was destined to defended.
:Out of the Game:
After countless battles, and no doubt countless lives Yumi comes fro the game wanting a few things. A bath and a good rub down being two of them. Outside her game Yumi likes to enjoy the things their worlds can offer. To explore and find new pleasures to indulge in. Ever the fighting skillful assassin in game. Yumi wants to enjoy her life outside of it. Passionate and open Yumi doesn't shy away those around her. And enjoys her moments of freedom outside the confines of her game. 

OHWceta

I'll add her to the roster, feel free to add your characters to the character thread.

MzHyde

More images of Roxi, for fun.

CherryBomb Interior

CherryBomb Exterior

Shooting Down A Missile

Misc. Post Headers

"Nope."

Major Major

I just thought of something; for those of us who are strapping heat, do our weapons change to fit in with the world we visit, or do they stay as normal?

I just thought I'd ask since James normally wields a Colt Single Action Army revolver, and a Winchester 1894 Repeating Rifle as his weapons, and I was having a concern that his weapons would be useless if he was in a sci-fi game like that Mass Impact game you mentioned.

That's a good point. An old school slugthrower would be like spitting on your enemy in that world.

MzHyde

That would be entertaining, and it means that when you go into someone else's game you kind of have to rely on that person for guidance.

OHWceta

I could go with 2 different ideas here.

1, I kind of liked the idea of characters adopting the weapons of the world they are in,they would have to adjust to using new gear, unfortunately this would require them to change weapons in almost every chapter. (I can imagine my Avatar picking up a heavy cannon and the recoil throwing her across the room)

2, Weapons go by hit points. For example, a sword attack in Dynasty Warriors that would slice a man in half in real life would only take down maybe 10% of their HP. Or like in almost any Star Wars game a lightsaber strike would mean instant mutilation in the movies but for all the duals in the games you still have to hit your enemies a few hundred times with a lightsaber before their health is reduced to zero. So in that sense a Katana and Lightsaber would do equal damage, despite how much more advanced the lightsaber is.

apygoos

psh weapons? i use spirit creatures.

MzHyde

I think that might kind of take away from the uniqueness of each world if every weapon works the same no matter what. Each character should be able to shine on thier home turf, so as the story progressive each person gets thier own little moment.

It's probably reasonable for any unique power that doesn't rely on the laws of physics (spirit creatures, biotics, etc) and thus doesn't have a "system" outside its own world would be less effective in another setting. In the case of weapons, those are generally easy to come by.

Example: Jeanette uses a mass-impact-powered railgun for a sidearm. The mass impact doesn't exist outside her own game, so her guns won't hit as hard there, and her telekinetic powers that also rely on mass impact will have much less force.

MzHyde

It's okay, Roxi will teach her the ways of french kissing.

..wait, what were we talking about? :3

MzHyde

Okay, but let me finish these strawberries first. Is it chilly in here all of a sudden?

I'll be in my bunk, and so will you.

apygoos

Crimson: ..no one wants to camp out? T_T
*forever alone, goes emo on top of a mountain*

Don't worry, Gold will be there soon.

apygoos

id rather it be Crystal ;)
I cant wait to play Re- i mean Crimsonnnn!!!

hippyness

"Poor lonely Crimson, dude. Maybe I should hang with... dude! This line is like one wicked shred!"  -Skates off.-

apygoos

I'd love to help the guy, but I will always and forever be stuck on Cynthia and Dawn...

apygoos

OHWceta

Work and shool are trying to kill me!  So all I can say for sure is soon.

Deffinetly this weekend sometime.

OHWceta

The RP Thread is officially up!

I still have some kinks to work out in the plot but I figure we can do some character interacting while we wait.
I didn't include everyones' worlds in the first post so everyone can kind of jump in where they see fit, I'll move around some NPCs to make sure nobody gets left out once I see what everyone is up to in the RP.

Now, without futher adeu:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167208.0

kudos if you get my Final Fantasy VII Reference!!!
BTW, the old man IS NOT Ceta.

*laughs* The answer is that there is no physics engine!

apygoos

shoudlnt we also get an OOC thread going? i dont thin people into the interest check would wanna read though alll this.

OHWceta

Working on in, should be up soon.

MzHyde

Is there going to be an OOC thread or should I just go ahead and make one for us myself?

MzHyde

Here it is! Hopefully we can add this to the first post a little later so it's easy to find.

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167369.0