recruiting: Pathfinder Skulls and shackles AP second/third table LF2m

Started by Tamhansen, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantMunster

Bah, bah, so many choices. The urge of a bard has overtaken me! I can't decide Oracle or Bard dancer. Hmph!
So I noticed this is a module while looking up information! Does that mean we have a set story that'll conclude in a short while? We remain as a group and travel together?

Tamhansen

It's not a module but an adventure path. A set of six modules forming a continuous story leading us from level 1 to 16
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

DeviantMunster

Tamhansen

And yes. I've adjusted the path to take in account six players as well as the fact that this isn't a group of halfwits which paizo seems to think is its main customer group.

Encounters will be tougher, bosses stronger and prisoners more accomodating.
ons and offs

freeko

Hmm, if I modified an Aasimar a little bit I could totally make a battle angel. Though I would not want to take up a slot that someone else would deserve. I guess the idea could be used if a replacement on the second ship were needed.

Mysterica

Oracle would be nice indeed as it gives up some form of divine magic which this group has been rather lacking in.  They make for interesting characters as well with the curses, but bard is totally a fine choice as well.

Tamhansen

Witches get a lot of what oracles get, and bards tend to get the other half.

Either way, Bard or Oracle will be a major boost to the group.

Darn, now i wanna play in this campaign :P
ons and offs

freeko

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 18, 2016, 09:54:56 AM

Darn, now i wanna play in this campaign :P

Ask nicely and maybe someone would be willing to gm the second boat?

Autocad

Character sheet done: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=752726

Sharkgirl barbarian, sailor and buccaneer. What more is there to say?

TheSithChicken

Okay finally had some time to throw together some real ideas. I will lay the three finalists down below and see what you all think. See which you think might be the best fit for the game if any.

Yekskya - Deep One Hybrid Beastmorph Alchemist heading for Master Chymist

Yekskya was born to a degenerate Bekyar tribe of Dagon worshippers in the Mwangi expanse. A tribe expunged by another tribe and he only escaped that fight because he was too young to have the "Innsmouth look". It didn't save him from slavery though or being sold to a wealthy foreigner. An alchemist named Ortalones de'Leone who saw the unusual taint in his blood and wanted to study it. Intensely. Over the years of experimentation Yeskya learned much from the alchemist's ceaseless talk and stolen time with his journals. Secrets of the alchemical arts and what the madman had  learned of the powers of Yekskya's blood. By the time Yekskya put a blade in Ortalones gut he  was ready to continue the experiments on his own terms - and see the ocean through through something besides a cell window.

Kebechet - Vishkanya Eldritch Poisoner-Toxicant Alchemist

Kebechet has never known the shores of Casmaron as she was born at sea the daughter of pirates. Raised by privateers and steeped in the skills of her mother Ananta she has never known a life besides piracy. Learning to poison and deceive and rob with the best of them. A bewitching snake skinned woman with a fondness for seduction and poison.

Now this idea does require a bit of GM fiat as Eldritch Poisoner and Toxicant both replace Persistent Mutagen but I am more than happy to forgo the Toxicant's Toxic Digestion ability to make this really different and thematically cool character concept. I've never actually played a poison based character which actually surprises me consider how long I've been roleplaying.

Orianna Deep One Hybrid Inquisitor of Besmara

Orianna comes from a long lineage of pirates. Generation after generation of buccaneers and privateers plying their trade with a prayer to Besmara on their lips. For their service, their loyalty, and their deeds they were blessed to share the blood of the sea in the form of a visitor. Orianna was the product of that seaborn union. A daughter of land and sea with the life of a pirate, the heart of a priestess, and the tongue ofa demagogue. When she came of age she sought out a vessel of her to serve on and ply her Holy Mother's trade.

DeviantMunster

Those sound like fantastic ideas! Though I can't really think of one in particular.
Curiously, I noticed you can have a masterwork instrument - is there something equivalent to giving bonuses to perform for say, dancing?

Tamhansen

Masterwork instrument tap shoes? Canastas? There is always a way to edit such items aesthetically.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Tamhansen

Okay, with the overwhelming interest I've received, I've decided to make two groups with the applications. That will be me filled on system RP's though.

So far table 2 I've recruited Phaia, Mysterica and DeviantMunster

For table 3 i think TFCommando, Autocad and Grizzly make a good start

The people mentioned below, I'm not sure where they'd fit best yet.
Other people that have filled in a character concept.
Rubyslippers
Darkprince
Freeko

people who've shown interest, but no concept so far
Ershin

I'm going to wait until after the weekend on this, see if there's any more interest. If not we'll play with two groups of four or five
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

freeko

Well, seeing where my role is likely going to be in the first ship I think being just a nasty second in command or "enforcer" of sorts is the best place to be. I just wanna hack my way to victory in every battle ever while facetanking as much as possible.

Though my character concept is probably still a Paladin in name, I would not be looking to lead with the secondary character. She would be battle seeking at pretty much every time ever and wanting to strike fear into her opponents. She would look inward with her ability to heal and seek to keep herself in the fight for as long as possible as she cleaves through the opposition with her two handed weapon.

Phaia

One thing I do when researching classes is to look for guides/builds done by people that are out there and discussed
an example is http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab Treatmonks is consider by many to make very good guides.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?233029-PF-Optimization-Guides-Compendium
I have also used this one for insite.

I used http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=480.0 to help me with my witch build

I offer these as I look at some of the builds...

Phaia

freeko

Well, my secondary character is full on anti-paladin.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=754055

Watch the chaos unfold here.

She does one thing, kill. She does not care who she kills or why she kills, someone she respects points her in a direction and then death itself follows in her wake as she mows down everything in her path. It will be fun to just fix all the problems by killing them.

Phaia

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 06:34:04 PM
Well, my secondary character is full on anti-paladin.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=754055

Watch the chaos unfold here.

She does one thing, kill. She does not care who she kills or why she kills, someone she respects points her in a direction and then death itself follows in her wake as she mows down everything in her path. It will be fun to just fix all the problems by killing them.

I would have so much fun with a character that has the following.

QuoteINT 8–9   –1   Troglodyte, centaur, gnoll   Has trouble following trains of thought, forgets most unimportant things

" yes yes dear I am sure you split the loot this way...one for you one for me, two for you, one two for me, three for you, one two three for me... come on pay attention or we have to start over."... and with that low an Int my character should be able to get away with it.

QuoteWIS 6–7   –2   Gibbering abomination, blood orc, ifrit   Seems to have almost no common sense

" I will wait way back here and you kick in that door with 20 guards on the other side...oh and holler "Leroy Jenkins" when you charge in"

Also I guess you do not plan on having any paladin/antipaladin spells!!

I have to ask the gm this question.
@Tamhansen, from what I have read about Skulls and Shackles adventure path it requires a lot of skill rolls and role play. Will that still be the case?

Phaia

Phaia

Chulanowa

Oh! Well, if we're double-dipping, i'll happily throw something in for a second / third group. Gives me room to go with the 'Shackles is fuckin' WEIRD" angle I wanted to try  ;D

TheSithChicken

Any thoughts on my ideas? Questions? Concerns? I'm waiting to see what people like and/or think we need for the game before deciding. Plus one of my ideas did come with a rules question.

freeko

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 18, 2016, 07:49:38 PM
Oh! Well, if we're double-dipping, i'll happily throw something in for a second / third group. Gives me room to go with the 'Shackles is fuckin' WEIRD" angle I wanted to try  ;D

Feel free to play the first character?

freeko

Quote from: DarkPrince on March 18, 2016, 07:52:56 PM
Any thoughts on my ideas? Questions? Concerns? I'm waiting to see what people like and/or think we need for the game before deciding. Plus one of my ideas did come with a rules question.

For Kebechet, your rules question is not really a question at all. You cannot have both Archetypes as you cannot take a second archetype that modifies or changes the same base ability. You can have one or the other archetype but not both at least from the color of the rules as they are written.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes It is literally the last line of text on the bottom of the listing.

Chulanowa

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 08:28:54 PM
Feel free to play the first character?

Thhhbbbt. I've got yards to rake, dogs to walk, food to cook, and like, you know, naps to take, man