Final Fantasy VII Styled RP (Players wanted: Male and female)

Started by Tashkin390, September 14, 2011, 10:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tashkin390

As stated above, the premise is Final Fantasy VII themed world. The main town that people will start out in, is a town named Midgar. It is a rather dark and gloomy place now thanks to Mako pollution (the planet's energy is called Mako, and it is being harvested by generators on the borders of the city). However, people live there in peace and harmony for the most part, save for a group called Avalanche which intends to take down the people running the place, the evil corporation known as Shinra Inc. These people are greedy and have no care for the other people so long as their goals are met and money lines their pockets, so to speak. Most everyone hates them but will not oppose them directly, seeing their large military power. However, since Avalanche's uprising, people have started to see hope and have started to gather together to see what might be done to free the world from the tyranny that Shinra holds.

The sides that can be chosen are as stated:

Avalance: Avalanche is the group of "terrorists" that are attacking Shinra, attempting to dismantle it from its power and bring it crashing to the ground. Ultimately, these people will succeed, it would seem, but Shinra is  not prepared to go down without a major fight. People who are on this side carry any weapon of choice but do not have the normal military gear. They are a force to be reckoned with but work together or as a small team instead of having a platoon of soldiers to work together with.

Mercenaries: These people are freelancers that focus on getting jobs for profit. Some are honest, some are not. These guns-for-hire can be hired by either Avalanche, Shinra, or another third party to perform certain duties. They can carry any weapon and can specialize in them and most commonly work alone. A dangerous force to reckon with on the wrong side of the equation or if you breach contract with one.

Shinra The mega-corporation that runs everything in the present world. They have a massive military to boot and are not afraid to use it. Off branches include SOLDIER, a special weapons group much like Avalanche but geared for war against the "terrorists", meaning that they use unique weapons and work in small groups to accomplish tasks. They are HIGHLY formidable.

Another off branch is the simple soldier group. These soldiers are not so highly trained as to enter into SOLDIER itself, nor are they infused with Mako energy like those in SOLDIER. They are common soldiers, though some of them outshine the others. These outshiners are your characters in this specific place.

The final offbranch is the "Jenova hunters". These are a highly specialized group that are not really going after Avalanche. Instead, they are formed after some time into this RP and will hunt down another threat... PM me and we'll talk about approval for this particular group. There are certain guidelines that I will need you to swear to.

Followers:  PM me for details on this one. The followers are mysterious and garbed in complete black, often with a number on their hands. They serve to follow one person...one person who is supposedly leading them to the rebirthing of the world, as some put it to the groups that encounter these strange people. Other players beware, such beings that are not simply following but also doing orders are HIGHLY dangerous, often with magic powers and extreme specialization with a weapon. Battles are to be taken with an extreme level of focus.

Right then, come on in and choose your group and class. When there are enough people, I will attempt to set up two forums. A discussion forum for our group as well as the main RP itself. All members are welcome! COME ON IN!!!

Rules, of course, are these!

No godmodding or powerplaying! NO rape! NO characters under 18! Gory descriptions in battle allowed, but do NOT kill another RPer's characters unless permission is given by said player (special cases are followers, again, PM me for details). DO NOT spoil any part of the story if you have a special place in it. Failure to comply with THIS rule will have you blocked from thread access...providing that such a thing is possible? I'm not too sure on that one...

IF there are any other suggestions for rules, PLEASE PM ME! THANK YOU AND PLEASE COME ON IN! JOIN THE DARK SIDE! WE HAVE COOKIES!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108690.0 These are just my basic ons and offs, for people who are interested. :P

Primarch

Tashkin390

I'm going to be the GM for it. I plan out the scenarios, the areas, what happens when, etc.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108690.0 These are just my basic ons and offs, for people who are interested. :P

Fallenpaladin7

I'm definitely interested in an FFVII rp.  My only question is at what point in the games time line does it take place?  Before the game, During the games events or after?

Tashkin390

Hmm...this is definitely before the game's events, right before it so we have the game with a fresh start using OC's of every manner.

Fallenpaladin7

Sweet i will start cooking up a character to use that will be in true final fantasy 7 style.  Using melee weapons in a world of guns lol.

Tashkin390

Cool. Looking forward to it. Once we get enough people into this, I'll start the main topic and we'll flow from there.

Primarch

Is there a particular character template/bio you'd like us to follow? Or just provide what we think is important/what we'd want known?

Tashkin390

Just don't make them overpowered. Make it somewhat reasonable with how powerful they start as. We can discuss "god" status at the end of the game/RP. as for template?...not really. Just name, age is preferrable, strengths/weaknesses, preferred weapons, that kind of stuff.

Idej

Tashkin390

Mmm...PM me and we'll talk. As a Turk, you're going to have to do some other things that other players can't know as much about. Hell, IM me or e-mail me about it if you want. WE'll figure it out as we go.

Idej

Tashkin390

I have a feeling that there are already several people writing up OC's. Sometimes it can take people some time to get themselves going. When there are a couple of people all ready to go, I"m going to set up a forum for people to join, so please, people. If you have an interest in going about with this then come on in!