Blood and Iron ≈ Modern Paranormal Fae Theme ≈ Open Recruitment

Started by RampantDesires, April 20, 2016, 01:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Marmalade

Amarlo is strange and she keeps trying to touch me inappropriately and drag me to strange places!

Hob

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 29, 2016, 08:31:14 AM
Amarlo is strange and she keeps trying to touch me inappropriately and drag me to strange places!

You... say this as though that's a bad thing?

Kye

I'm not seeing a problem here. >.>

Intimate Ink

Stop bragging!

Orange Marmalade

Kuroneko

I'm not sure this is really necessary, since I don't think anyone else is currently working on an Asian character concept, but I'm going to toss up my faceclaim of Jang Dong Gun just in case ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Amarlo

:o Why I would never! -hides the knife behind her back from everyone else while pointedly letting him see it...-

Quote from: Justric on April 29, 2016, 08:41:44 AM
You... say this as though that's a bad thing?
Quote from: Kyrsa on April 29, 2016, 09:13:42 AM
I'm not seeing a problem here. >.>
Quote from: Intimate Ink on April 29, 2016, 11:31:23 AM
Stop bragging!

Sharing is caring! -gives them all some inappropriate attention- ;) :P >.> <.<

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

bubby

Kuroneko

bubby

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 30, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
Bubby!  *tackleluffs*

KURO! *Adores* I'm working on making a comeback, and this has enticed me...

Kuroneko

LamentingQuill

I could be interested, there a character sheet or should we just wing it? I assume Character sheets are sent directly to GM for approval?

Intimate Ink

RampantDesires

PM generally works better because there's usually a bit of discussion.  I'd recommend floating the concept/powers of your character out first before trying to knock out the whole sheet just to make sure we're on the same page. 

Character Sheet Ninjaed :D

I do still owe PMs, have cleared out afternoon to take care of those.

Glad to see you here too bubby :-)  Have I mentioned how much I love the way this group is shaping up?

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

LamentingQuill

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 01, 2016, 03:20:35 PM
PM generally works better because there's usually a bit of discussion.  I'd recommend floating the concept/powers of your character out first before trying to knock out the whole sheet just to make sure we're on the same page. 

Character Sheet Ninjaed :D

I do still owe PMs, have cleared out afternoon to take care of those.

Glad to see you here too bubby :-)  Have I mentioned how much I love the way this group is shaping up?

I've been wanting to make a male unicorn, whom has the ability to change from his unicorn shape to human shape at will.

bubby

Quote from: Cerevan on May 01, 2016, 04:29:00 PM
BUBBEH.

GAH!! *smooshismooches!!!!*

Omg I've been gone too long.

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 01, 2016, 03:20:35 PM

Thank you so much Quill!

PM sent to hopefully get this ball rolling possibly maybe!

RampantDesires

Whee, so the active cast list on the front page there is up to date.  At least as far as I know; if I'm missing something totally poke me. I do have more characters waiting for me to finish PMs for them.  Bad Rampant *slaps own hand* Those are slotted for tomorrow as I have to go pass out now.

Will also make IC threads tomorrow as well, but I don't expect posting to hit until ... maybe this weekend.  We're still working out character connections and getting settled.  Recruitment for the group is always going to be open, but now is an especially good time to jump in since EVERYONE is looking to plan opening scenes and make character connections ;)

You don't need an approved character to head into the OOC and chat with other players.  If you're waiting or just looking to check out some of the other writers in the group feel free to head on in.  We're mostly nice with a side of weird.

Not a big deal, but since I'm generally a bit behind schedule anyway if you have a playby for your character (finished or not)  pretty please include their name somewhere so that I don't have to reverse img search it.  Rampant=Lazy.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Dotley

After reading everything there is to read - consider my interest captured! Very much leaning towards a Jack Frost inspired Sidhe  8-)

I read there will be a limit on the ability to open portals between the two worlds. Has that limit been reached yet? Just wanted to ask since I'd love to have one of his major abilities be opening temporary portals through fern frost.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Intimate Ink

A wild Dotley appears!  It looks intrigued!!

Y'know you wanna.

Cerevan

Quote from: Dotley on May 03, 2016, 11:56:42 AM
After reading everything this is to read - consider my interest captured! Very much leaning towards a Jack Frost inspired Sidhe  8-)

I read there will be a limit on the ability to open portals between the two worlds. Has that limit been reached yet? Just wanted to ask since I'd love to have one of his major abilities be opening temporary portals through fern frost.

DOOOOOT.

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

RampantDesires

Quote from: Dotley on May 03, 2016, 11:56:42 AM
After reading everything there is to read - consider my interest captured! Very much leaning towards a Jack Frost inspired Sidhe  8-)

Excellent!  Jack Frost is totally a viable character inspiration .

I think I scared people off portals entirely  >:)  Which wasn't entirely my intention since we do need SOME people who can move between worlds.  It is still an available power.

IC threads went up this morning so we're technically up and running for in game posting (they're linked all over the place, at the top of every thread really).  Also started a Bestiary type thing in the World Building section which will hopefully help clear up some confusion as to how Fae characters and creatures differ.   

For the sake of simplicity there aren't multiple character races  I felt it would be too limiting/confusing to try and come up with a list.  Instead it is just a grade of how much Fae blood you have.

Sidhe→Half Blood→Fae Touched→Human

That's it.  If you're making a PC you are one of those four things.  The End. You then pick a flavor or inspiration which represents how your Fae blood manifests.  Example: Kyrsa's Azazel isn't a dragon, not exactly.  That is there is no subclass of dragons in the world. He's a Sidhe who's abilities have developed in such a way that he can shift into a giant fire breathing scaled beast. Sightings of him have given rise to the myths and stories involving dragons. The other Sidhe and Fae don't see him as a dragon, he's one of the noble Fae.  The 'concept/inspiration' section on the character sheet is just for clarification and a quick scan down the character list.  There are no subspecies. Fae offspring might end up gaining abilities similar to that of their parents (or many great grand parents) but there's no real guarantee of this (magic and genetics are unpredictable :P).  Seraphina's kids wouldn't be born and recognized as phoenixes, they're either Sidhe/Halfblooded/Fae Touched but they might have some bird like/fire/regenerative abilities (but they don't HAVE to). 

As a general rule At least human intelligence+humanoid shape and size = playable character. The Bestiary has other creatures that, while intelligent in some way, aren't viable PCs.  They are the animals and fauna of Faerie, creatures salvaged from a world long dead.  If you think to yourself 'that's really cool I should make a character like that!' then it doesn't belong in the Bestiary, it goes in the pool of character inspirations and one of the Fae characters can be based around it later.

bubby

So, if anyone is interested, I shall be making a human/gargoyle Half Blood. I haven't started making her yet, but I'm looking to have her ( as usual, I'm mean cummon this is ME we're talking about) a warrior type who wants to learn about guns and explosives, which means she'll want to be 'friendly' with a portal opener...

... I think...