Dragon Hunters

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

((To join, see OOC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123627.0))

Backstory:

"In 8:99 Blessed, dragons devastate the countrysides in Orlais and Nevarra, and all attempts to slay them end in disaster. As the Blessed Age draws to a close, they name the Dragon Age, saying that it will be an age of violence and upheaval."

The Pentaghast clan of Nevarra has heard rumors of Drakes Fall, a place where dragons go to die, in Ferelden being active again. They have hand picked a small group of dragon hunter warriors to investigate these rumors. These warriors have never met each other, but they must work together to achieve the mission. The main problem for them may not be the dragons themselves, but the coming Blight and rumors of a Civil War brewing in Ferelden.

The warriors' first meeting is in the harbor of Cumberland, Nevarra, while waiting for the ship that will take them across the Waking Sea to Ferelden...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eira

In a harbor in Cumberland, the line grows larger to board the Revenant, one of the largest ships that brave the Waking Sea. The first destination is Jader, a short hop away from their present location, and the place Eira is looking to go to. She had taken this job when she heard about Drakes Fall. She had never been there, but she knew this was a place that dragons chose to go to in the twilight of their lives.

She was wearing a brown cloak with a hood and had a form-fitted leather corset held with multiple belts, a leather choker with a small green jewel hanging from it, and leather pants with twin belts around the thighs. Her boots and gauntlets had sharp edges with scale patterns. She wore a golden armlet with a red jewel on her right hand. And of course, her trusty Katana on her back under the hood.

Taking out the boarding ticket out of her pocket, she looks at it with a long stare, wondering if she should really be doing this. As the people moved in the line, she began approaching the ship.

FazzEagle

Drake Falls - a place known to many as the resting place of Dragons. Ironically, it also appeared to be a suitable place for Dragons to spawn nowadays - though he would make sure that such a thing would never continue for long. Goraidh Cadwyn, the 'Noble Dragon Slayer', now standing among many who had lined themselves to board the Revenant, a ship worthy enough to have him on board he would like to think. The man stood at a tall height for a human young man, and the studded leather armor he wore did not hide his profession - neither did the sword and shield that hang about his body. While Eira herself still waited for her turn to have her ticket shown, Goraidh was about three people ahead of her, having just shown his ticket to the person waiting.

"Goraidh Cadwyn," he said, introducing himself, "You should know who I am. I'm here to board this ship so please look at my ticket and let me go on my way. I dread standing around here for long with... so many people." Once his ticket was checked and he was cleared to go, he nodded to the good man before grumbling to himself as he approached the big ship. "... can't believe I have to be on board with a bunch of commoners. It will do, I guess..." And so, the swordsman climbed on board, tightening his grip on the sack he hung over his shoulder and back.

MiaKage

Arriving later than the others, Cirnelle is forced to wait through the line which has now grown to a great length. Being shorter than most of the people in the area, helped Cirnelle blend into a crowd, although the people in her proximity wasn't too pleased to see an elf boarding the ship with them.  The fact that she was wearing what could be considered lower class clothing didn't help the matter either, a dark green tunic that looked like it has aged horribly and rough pants that ends just below the knee. She wasn't wearing shoes either, instead just wearing fishnets that covered her legs and the arch of her foot. She carried a bag that, compared to her, was quite large and seemed to have a little trouble carrying it. Through the long wait she could hear the others talk about her, and call her by the name she's heard far too often in towns, Knife Ear. That wasn't going to get her spirits down though! She wore a big grin, for soon she'll be on her way to the Drake Falls and fortune!
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Crowe

Eira

Finally, Eira made her way to the person taking the tickets. A big man, he silently clipped it and gave it back to her. She put it back in her pocket and walked up the board to enter the ship. She didn't bother to go below deck. She stayed near the fron of the ship and set her bag next to her feet. She was stepping on the strap in case some wiseguy tried to take it without her notice.

The breeze blew the hood off her head and her hair began to flow in the sea air. She leaned forward and closed her eyes, going somewhere else in her mind while the last of people to board the ship were getting their tickets checked in.

FazzEagle

As the ship waited for all the passengers to climb on board, 'Raid' stood on top of the deck, apparently arguing with one of the attendants of the boat. For those who could listen in on their conversation, this would be what they would hear:

"I'm sorry, sir..." the elf said, "But what few private rooms the ship has had already been taken."

"Do you expect the son of a Noble family to sleep in quarters with a bunch of commoners?" Raid retaliated, stepping closer before pointing to another direction, "... have you even tried smelling the place? It's revolting! It smells like a bunch of wet dogs! All I ask is one empty room with one empty bed - is that so hard to ask around here? I believe it is your job, ELF, to find what the passengers need so get right on it. Come on, get to it." Then perhaps out of fear or worry, the elf did indeed leave the scene, going down below deck. Raid himself, however, shook his head with a sigh. "Bloody service." Seeing other people looking at him, he simply glared at them before walking away, apparently wishing to avoid trouble.

MiaKage

After what seemed like ages, Cirnelle finally made it up to the ship. With a little flourish she produced the ticket and handed it to the collector, who snatched it and went on to inspect it much longer than the others. After a few seconds she began to feel a little uncomfortable, the man gave her a stern look before clipping it and handing it back to her. With a sigh of relief, she continued up to the deck, walking with a slight bounce in her step. This was only the second time she's ever been on a ship before, the first being when she was very young, so this was a whole new experience for her. Not feeling exactly welcomed with the rest of the people boarding the ship, she decides to divert off away from them and pick a nice spot on deck to settler her bag, rearranging things to make it a bit more comfortable to sit on, and plops down and watches people. Making note of anyone of wealth of course.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira's concentration was broken by a man's rant nearby. She looked over her shoulder and saw Raid arguing with a crewman. She was slightly annoyed but not enough to stop it as she turned back to looking at the sea while trying to ignore the commotion. Finally, the ship left the harbor and began its voyage to Jader.

As she looked at the small emblem given to her by the Pentaghast clan, she heard someone rummaging through a bag nearby. She saw a young elf and stared at her for a moment longer than she realized. The last elf she met was now lost to her.

"Maybe I'm not up to this..." She said with a sigh as she averted her gaze. Perhaps it was too soon to take a new mission, but there was no going back.

FazzEagle

Raid waited on top deck the whole time even as the ship started to move, and he had a look of displeasure on his face as he paced around here and there. "Maybe I just need something to eat. But gah... where would I be able to find decent food in a place like this? Where the bloody hell did that crewman go off to when you need him...?" During his constant pacing, he soon came across the elf that was doing nothing but watch the people around her - though seeing that she was an elf was good enough for him. "You there. The Elf." He pointed to her before the 6'2" 'Knight' approached her. "Do you have any decent food around here? Even bread would do. If possible, I'd like it to be sent to my cabin below deck. GOOD bread, by the way. Apparently, the 'son of the Noble Family' thinks Cirnelle was another one of the elves working around the ship. "Stand when I speak to you, elf."

MiaKage

Being spoken to in such a way annoyed Cirnelle, if it weren't for the fact that the man had an air of nobility about him, she'd tell him off. Quickly hopping to her feet she smiles and begins to play on the mans presumptions. "I'm terribly sorry sir!...If you would tell me where your cabin is, I'll be sure to send the finest food our cooks can whip up." She eyes him over, checking him for any loose pouches he might worthy of a 'tip'.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira turned around and leaned back again, this time facing the other way. She didn't bother to hide the annoyed look on her face. She didn't like elves being treated like that. Still, it was none of her business, so she didn't say anything. As the man persisted, she was about to say something but the elf girl seemed not to mind.

"Ugh..." She turned to leave when she saw a templar walking about. "Tch. Them again..." She then decided not to move so she wouldn't cross his path. Those guys were always trouble. Always on their witch hunts. Anyone with a special talent would be taken in and interrogated. That was something best avoided in her current situation.

FazzEagle

"Now that's more like it," Raid said, flashing a cocky grin, "If only most of you paid this much attention." However, his own eyes caught the sight of the Templar walking about not far from them and his words fell silent. Eyebrows knitted into a little frown as he kept his eyes on those 'witch hunters', and only once they left did he finally mutter the words: "On second thought... I'm not so hungry right now." However, in his mind he damned himself for not knowing that Templars will be present on the ship. "... but I will show you where my cabin is." Just like that, the swordsman turned away from her, glancing at the direction the Templars went to before leaving the scene through the opposite way. "... follow me." His voice almost sounded cold and at the same time seemingly agitated for some reason, but he tried not to show it on his expression.

MiaKage

Score! Thoughts what kind of treasures the 'noble' could have, especially if he has a bad relation with the templars. "Very well sir." Soon she'd be able to drop this farce, she hated addressing humans like she was a servant. "So what brings you here?" She decided to try idle conversation as they walked away, maybe even figure out why he's got something against the Templar.

The bag she cattles and clangs as she follows through the crowd and into the lower decks. The thing is getting heavy, she thought, hoping to find a open room she can claim, with a nice hidey hole of course.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira also noticed the change in mood of the man. As she looked back and forth between him and the templar, she caught a glimpse of Goraidh's emblem but she wasn't sure. "Could he be..?" Her companions were supposed to meet her in Jader, but if they left on the same boat, it could be possible they were all here. This man, however, didn't really look the part for some reason. Perhaps his attitude was a front? Either way, if he was on the same mission as her, she'd have to approach him sooner or later. She thought about it for a moment, then picked up her back and followed the two to the interior of the ship.

She followed quietly until she suddenly felt something familiar. Her 'Dragon Sense' was acting strange all of a sudden. She could feel some sort of dragon kin nearby, but was not able to pick it up well. This hadn't happened to her before. Something strange was going on in this ship. When she looked up, the two she was following were gone, so she hastened her steps to catch up.

FazzEagle

"That is none of your business, elf..." Goraidh said, eyes shifting from one side to another as they make their way below deck, "What I do on this ship and what I plan on doing on this ship is my business alone." He then sighed, turning his head for the time being to look back at her. "... though I suppose you wouldn't know what I'm talking about anyway. Look, just make sure I get some decent--...!" Suddenly, the young man froze on the spot, his head suddenly aching for one fast moment. He knew this feeling... but why would it happen now? One of his armored hands venture upwards, softly brushing between his eyes before his eyes darted quickly towards the elf with him. No - it wasn't radiating at all from this one. Noticing that he had suddenly went silent and looking suspicious the whole time in front of Cirnelle, however, he quickly cleared his throat before continuing on his way. "... it's not far from here; come on."

MiaKage

"Are...you ok?" The sudden pause caused some alarm in her, could he have caught on? no...something is wrong. She gripped her pack tighter, ready to make a quick get away in case he had. "I apologize for trying to pry, I'm just inquisitive." She tried to keep a cheerful face, but couldn't shake the sense of dread the man felt seemed to emanate. Best stick with him, if something was going down, it's better to have someone well armed around. Especially if it's as serious as it seems.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

As Eira passed through the rooms, she felt another tingle. She stealthily looked through a half opened door and saw a Mage and two Reavers inside.

"The Templar is here! I told you this wasn't going to work!" The mage tells the others nervously.

"He knows about our deal. He won't do nothing to you unless things get out of hand. So shut yer trap and make sure the seal don't break!" One of the Reavers spat out.

"The seal?" She silently thought out what it meant. "Of course!" She hurried down the hall, trying not to make any noise. She went down the halls and found the man and the elf.

"Alright, who are you?" She asked Raid from a few steps away.

FazzEagle

Something was indeed going on, but Raid wondered if it was merely his imagination - the further he walked, the less headache he suffered. Eventually, they finally arrived to his room: a small single room cabin with a single bed with a sack placed above it - though it didn't have much as the elf had hoped for. "Well, this would be my room... for now. Not the best... but it's better than having to share a room with common bastards. He couldn't shake off the feeling he had earlier though and he couldn't help but feel worried. Normally his senses would only pick up when dragons are nearby... and if not-- Perhaps this ship isn't as safe as he had hoped it be, and he honestly wished right now that it was just his imagination or a form of seasickness. "Anyways, best be on your way. I feel like I need a--" And that's when the unfamiliar woman - face concealed underneath a hood - approached him with a sudden question. "Pardon...? I should be asking you that question... Are you lost perhaps? This happens to be my room."

MiaKage

Upon seeing the room, disappointment set in. Suffering his insults for nothing started to make her blood boil! If it wasn't for the woman interrupting, Cirnelle might have done something she would of regret. Not wanting to get in the middle, she took a step back, but her curiosity kept her from leaving. She sat her bag down with an audible clunk, the thing was starting to get heavy again, and she could use a nice little seat to watch the little event unfold. Hoping onto her bag, she pulls her legs up and leans against the wall, balancing on top of it, and studies the two quietly.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira pulled back her hood and revealed herself. "My name is Eira. Dragon Hunter." She showed him the emblem that had been given to the members of this mission. She was aware of the elf girl in the corner, but didn't address or look at her. "I suppose this is where we have a word...by ourselves." That's when she looked at Cirnelle, then back at Raid.

FazzEagle

There was a surprised expression in his eyes when she revealed herself to be a Dragon Hunter, but soon a light frown would set in. "... I see." Taking a step back, he slowly pulled out his own emblem, showing that it was similar to hers. "... Goraidh of the Cadwyn Family." However, he looked back at the elf, motioning his head for her to leave the room. "Your services are no longer needed, elf. It seems this woman and I... have a few things to say to each other."

MiaKage

As the two showed each other an emblem, her ears perked up. Ignoring the man trying to rid her, she points to the emblems they were holding. "hey! I have one of those!" Reaching a hand into her pack, she digs around for a moment, and pulls out a similar emblem which she holds out. "I had no idea you were the ones I was sent to work with." She begins to glare at the man, "Oh, and I would appreciate it if you would stop addressing me in such a manner."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

"Hm?" Eira looked at the others' emblems and put away her own. "Alright then, what's your name, miss?" She knew elves always looked younger than they were, so treating her like a kid would probably be incorrect. While she waited for a response, she closed the door and flung her bag to a corner of the room. Then she leaned her back to the door and crossed her arms.

FazzEagle

"What...?" Raid was surprised once he saw the emblem in the elf's hands and he backed away from her a little, shaking his head. "... you have got to be joking with me. If you have that emblem, are you saying that you-- I mean, you two... are 'Dragon Slayers' like me...?" He didn't apologize nor did he look like he acknowledge the elf asking him to stop addressing her as he did earlier; instead, he walked away from the two, shaking his head before sitting himself down on the bed. "I was told that I would have to work with a few others in my mission and that I may recognize them from the emblem that came with accepting this job. I didn't expect to meet you all so soon... as awkward as the situation may be."

MiaKage

"I wasn't expecting to meet you until I made it to Ferelden." She turns to Eira and smiles, "My name's Cirnelle by the way, It's a pleasure to meet you." Stuffing her emblem back into her bag, she shifts around to get comfortable again.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Knowing that Goraidh was of a noble family made things a little more difficult. Nobles are nosy, and gossip could lead others to inquire about his motives for leaving Nevarra. They might even send people after him. That would be troublesome. But she hoped he had taken care of that before leaving.

Eira nodded in acknowledgement to Cirnelle. She had seen Dragon Hunters of all sizes so she wasn't as surprised as Raid. "It's not that surprising, considering this is the biggest and fastest ship heading to Ferelden and only sails every two weeks." She said in response to Raid's comment.

"Now, let's get down to business. It seems we aren't the only ones hiding our identities on this ship. There's something going on, and it might have to do with dragons." She closed her eyes for a second before continuing. "We'll probably have to start our mission sooner than expected."