The Wars of the Roses - Complete -- The valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 05, 2009, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockin

Seeing as how the vote wasn't going to change overnight, the male gave a sigh.

He then began to write the name of the person he's voting. Himself. Right now, he doesn't want to point fingers on the first day of the murder till he's gotten more clues. For now, he'll sit back and watch Saku's fate.

Valerian

Final Voting:

Saku (3) - Aiden, Caeli, Maeven
Aiden (1) - LadySky
Bliss (1) - Sir Desan
Caeli (1) - Saku
Kaz (1) - Marguerite
Maeven (1) - Bliss
Marguerite (1) - Kaz the Beast
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
Rockin (1) - Rockin
LadySky (0)
Sir Desan (0)

Saku's fate was decided.  Head held bravely high, she stood in the village square to offer up her last words and meet her doom.  The rope went round her neck and over the sturdy branch of a tree, and in a twinkling, she was gone.

But the village has lynched an innocent, for Saku was indeed not a Thorn, but the Bee.  As she dies, a small mark, almost a tattoo, flares up for a moment on the back of her hand, a mark in the shape of a small bee.

Players

• Aiden
  • Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kazyth
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin
  • Saku
  • Sir Desan

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 6 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Heart falling low, Kaz watched as Saku kicked and thrashed her last breath... only to find that a vital protector had been strung up instead of a foul Thorn.

"Blast, Saku.  I'm sorry," he mumbles to himself, before shuffling off to his cottage and barring himself within.  Everyone is suspect now, and allies are few...
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Rockin

Rockin frowned in sadness at the result of Saku. Not only she didn't reveal to be a thorn, but we lost a great helper as well.

"Saku..." He spoke softly. Obviously not taking this well.

Caeli

She sucked in a breath when she saw the small mark. Caeli frowned. Without an ally among them, this was going to become much harder... who were the Thorns, and what were they after? What could possibly come of trying to kill the innocents of Rosebriar?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Saku

QuoteSaku's fate was decided.  Head held bravely high, she stood in the village square to offer up her last words and meet her doom.

From the moment that more than one person had voted against her she had known her life would be lost. But there was nothing she could do about it and the only thing she could say would be to make sure the villagers didn't continue to lynch the wrong people. Saku herself did not know who the innocent parties might be but she hoped that those who had thought her to be a Thorn would now take her earlier words to heart in order to find the true culprits!

QuoteThe rope went round her neck and over the sturdy branch of a tree, and in a twinkling, she was gone. But the village has lynched an innocent, for Saku was indeed not a Thorn, but the Bee.  As she dies, a small mark, almost a tattoo, flares up for a moment on the back of her hand, a mark in the shape of a small bee.

And Saku was no more...and the villagers were left to try and figure out who the evil Thorns could be.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Maeven

"Oh... oh, no, Saku," Maeven lamented upon seeing the mark of the Bee. "What have we done...?" Shaking her head in silence, Maeven turned her back on the other villagers, shoulders trembling slightly with her grief. After a moment, she picked up her small basket and made her way to her cottage, fearful of the coming evening with the knowledge that each of the thorns were still about.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Marguerite

"Oh Saku, no," she whispered, her head shaking back and forth. Now there was no one to aid them to figure out who truly wore the mark of the thorns. Still, she had to aid Saku seek her revenge and avenge her in anyway she could to get rid of those pesky thorns.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

LadySky

LadySky was tempted to try and save Saku, she simply did not believe her to be capable of murder. Hanging back she watched in sadness as Saku's life was ended and upon her disappearance she made her way to the stables and rode out of the village on Thunder's back, racing to escape the tears falling down her cheeks.

Much later that evening LadySky returned and after seeing to her precious stallions needs she made her way to her little cottage. Trembling in fear as night began to fall she locked herself away and prayed for the souls of Charlotte and Saku, lighting candles in honor of their tragic loss.

Finally she crawled into her bed and cried herself to sleep, running her hand over the still broken headboard....wondering where Aiden was this evening.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Bliss

The flaring of the sign of the Bee stole Bliss's very breath, and as the others fled from the scene of their awful mistake, she stood staring; this was not one death on the hands of the crafty Thorns, but two innocent women taken from them in the span of a day!

Heart heavy and stomach twisting with sickness, Bliss moved to where the rope was bound off, struggling to unknot it and lower Saku to the ground, that she might at least join their beloved Charlotte in giving fertilization to the earth of their village.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Rockin

Upon seeing Bliss untie the now deceased Saku, Rockin knew what she planned on doing. Still having the shovel in hand, he went over to the same spot Charlotte lay and began to dig a hole right near her body. It would be good if the girls had each other's company within the after-life.

Aiden

Aiden could not believe what had transpired in the town, it made him sick to his stomach to think how quickly he had turned on a fellow villager. He had returned to his small shop/home in the middle of the "main" street of town, working himself into exhaustion. The sound of sawing, hammering and sound of wood being molded could be heard until he passed out on his work bench.

Desan

He shook his head somberly, wiping a tear from his eye. "This is bad...Very bad.." He sighed, feeling like a tiny hole had been made in his heart.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Valerian

With both Charlotte and Saku now decently buried, the atmosphere in the village is quiet and grim.  Most turn away from each other, retreating to their separate homes, hiding from their terrible mistake, and themselves.

At last darkness falls, even the moon hidden by clouds, with every house barred against the night, something that no one living here has ever seen before.

When the sun rises, it reveals a tragedy once more.  One house remains quiet after everyone else has begun to stir, and when the remaining villagers go to investigate, they discover the next loss.  Rockin has been attacked in the night, the gaping, ragged wounds left by the Thorns clear on his body, his life's blood pooled beneath him.

On the back of his hand is the fading mark of a Rose.  Another innocent is lost.

Players

• Aiden
  • Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kazyth
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin - killed by Thorns
  • Saku - lynched
  • Sir Desan

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 5 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nanoki

Sitting in front of his home silently he worked on some paperwork that had to be finished, once it was completed he started on some new poems.  Not having voted for anyone but himself Nanoki had decided not to go and see the hanging.  So he had no idea that they had lost the bee, but instead he wrote more than he had before.

As the sun started to set he barred his door and wondows, yet he still had more that he wanted on paper.  Deciding to wait until the next day to continue it he laid down, after some time he finally mannaged to fal asleep with a heavy heart.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

LadySky

For the first time in many years LadySky did not take Thunder out for a morning ride through the valley. She had tossed and turned with nightmares all night long, fearing every little noise that she heard. Slowly she rose from her bed and with a heavy heart prepared for a new day.

Midmorning LadySky returned from letting Thunder out to wander in the fields and walked through the little village she loved so much. People were sad, quiet, and fearful, she sensed the unease all around her. Someone was missing however, she realized.

Rockin was nowhere to be seen and that was unusual LadySky worried. Making her way over to Rockin's home she knocked and knocked calling for Rockin worridley. Frustrated she pushed the door open only to cry out in shock! Rockin was laying dead upon the floor odviously killed by the Thorns!

Running to the town center she panted and cried trying to tell anyone who would listen, "Rockin has been killed! They killed Rockin!"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kazyth

Kazyth stumbles from his home early today, still hating the light that beats down upon his bloodshot eyes, but wanting to revel in having been spared for another night.  One by one he walks past homes, listening in for sounds of living inhabitants.  Of course, the shrill cries of LadySky clue him in to which life was lost in the night...

"Bugger!  I barely new him, but he didn't deserve that!  And I blame Aiden for his death!  The man obviously wanted Rockin's house for a bachelor Thorn pad!"
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

LadySky

LadySky shakes her head back and forth, confused and exhausted.

Aiden is my vote she whispers before going to begin digging yet another grave in the flower garden.

Marguerite

"Oh dear, Chocolate no!," she whispered as she saw the dead corpse of Rockin after she heard Ladysky's screams. Shaking her head, she closed her eyes and tried to keep herself from screaming her own head off as well. Her eyes glanced in different directions to try and find the culprit who was harming the rose individuals. "My vote goes to Nanoki! He played the cool card by putting blame on himself shifting us to other areas."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Caeli

The night passed uneasily, and morning came again. Once again, Caeli went about her business quietly, her thoughts jumping from the Thorns, to the other Roses, and to Saku, who had been lynched, and had been innocent.

She'd be lying if she said she felt nothing. But there really was no way they could have known...

Then, shouts from the town center.

Another death?

Caeli slipped out of her home, just as she heard the news. First Charlotte, now Rockin... there wasn't a pattern in their deaths. How were they supposed to figure out who was a Thorn?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Nanoki

After an uneasy night of tossing and turning he awoke to hear Sky screaming about Rockin being killed.  Shaking his head he wondered who was killing all of these innocent people.  He knew he was innocent, but the question was who would beleive it?  It did not really matter if anyone beleived it if he was to die then he was to die.  However he wrote Marguerite's name on a peice of paper and slipped it into his pocket for later.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Aiden

Aiden simply watched on as the town was consumed by paranoia and fear, he spat at the ground and sighed deeply. The thorns and one another were killing each other much faster than they could dig plots. Finding a pick of his own, he moved to the small group and helped dig a plot for the stolen Rockin.

As he worked in silence, he would glance at Lady Sky...finally whispering in her ear.
"I made something for you last night..."

LadySky

LadySky was surprised when Aiden whispered in her ear and she looked at him warily. Ever since last winter she had been very unhappy with him and right now her temper was very near the breaking point. However she just adored surprises!

"What did you make Aiden, a headstone?" she whispered back dripping in sarcasm.

Aiden

"Something of yours I broke and have been meaning to replace..."
He grunted whenever he hit a rock or patch of granite, the vibrations hurting his raw and bruised hands.
"I worked on it all night...to keep my attention of betters days in this village..."

LadySky

LadySky straightens upright and glares at Aiden. Had he made the headboard to try and trick her? Why now she wondered? He knew she had voted for him last night and now he was giving her a headboard she had hounded him about for months? She was fairly bubble headed most of the time but LadySky knew this was strange and a bit too convienient.

Once the hole was dug she turned to leave the garden and called to Aiden over her shoulder, "I will be at my cottage if you want to drop by later."

She did suspect him of fowl play but she was no dummy, she needed a new headboard!