Random Movie Quotes

Started by Lancis, March 22, 2007, 01:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

'Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.'
The Bride --- Kill Bill Volume 1

Hunter

"M-16, lots of plastic.   Good looking BB gun if you ask me."  --We Were Soldiers

Autumn52

In honor of Halloween:

Friday the 13th (2009)

Pamela Voorhees: Did you know a young boy drowned here? He was my son. And today, is his birthday.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Parlabane

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl."

(Bernstein, Citizen Kane)

PrincelyPup

I'lll never join yoooooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!" :-)

WyldRanger

Cloud (to Sephiroth in Advent Children)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all. There's not a thing I don't cherish!"

Magma1519

"In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey. The monkey will spank us."

Jay and Silent Bob
A/A https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=90553.0  *UPDATED! 8/13*

I am so sorry to all my partners. I feel I am failing you all immensely. I just don't seem to have and muse or desire to write anymore. This may change eventually but there are no promises. Very sorry to you all.

http://www.dlclearance.com/JP_BW_Man_Dry_inShower_with_towel.jpg

iiEnigma

Jeff and Grace from Grandmas Boy.

Jeff: "So, I mean, what's it like being old? It's gotta be wierd, right? I mean, you saw a lot of stuff go down: World War I, World War II, the automobile, Tupac. I mean--"
Grace: "I once gave Charlie Chaplin a hand job."
Jeff: "No way! Was he silent?"
Grace: "Not after I was done with him."

Parlabane

Chloë: Okay. So, you've insulted my home town. You were doing really well, Raymond. Why don't you tell me some Belgium jokes while you're at it?
Ray: Don't know any Belgium jokes, and if I did I think I'd have the good sense not to... hang on. Is Belgium with all those child abuse murders lately? I do know a Belgium joke. What's Belgium famous for? Chocolates and child abuse, and they only invented the chocolates to get to the kids.

(In Bruges)

CaringGuy

"Great!  Print it!  Let's move on!" 
"Don't you want to shoot another take for protection?"
"...What is there to protect?!!  It was perfect!"  Johnny Depp from Tim Burton's Ed Wood (ridiculously underrated film)

"Teenagers.  You give them an inch, and they swim all over you."  -Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

"Booty Sweat and Bust-a-Nut!  Now available at the concession stand."  -The fake advertisement that opens Tropic Thunder

"Folks in those stories had a lot of chances of going back only they didn't.  They kept going.  Because they were holdin' on to something." 
"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
"That there is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.  And it's worth fighting for."  -Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers

"There's three kinds of people in this world, Chuck.  Dicks, pussies, and assholes."  -Random old drunk guy from Team America: World Police

"It's time to pull out the L word, Scott."
"Lesbian?"
"No, the other L word."
"...Lesbians?"  -Michael Cera in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

There are many many others, but I'll save them for future posts. 

Kendra

"The trick in life isn't getting what you want, my dear, it's wanting it after you get it.."
--- Ginny (Katherine Hepburn)
The Love Affair - 1994

Fizz

"The hardest thing to govern is the heart"

- Elizabeth I (starring Helen Mirren)

Jag

"You. My room 10:30. You 10:45...bring a friend."
--The Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman)-- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

"Locksley! I'm gonna cut your heart out with a SPOON!"
--The Sheriff of Nottingham-- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

"Why a spoon, Cousin? Why not an ax or a..." Guy of Gisborne
"Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!" Sheriff of Nottingham
--Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Alan Rickman had all the best lines in that movie.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Macavity69

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people" - V

Creedy: [desperately shooting at the approaching V] Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?

V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

"V for Vendetta"
Ons and Offs

Like a Timelord I've had a previous incarnation and ... this was it!  It took me a while to find it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=19476

slanik55

Quote from: RogueJedi on March 22, 2007, 09:57:49 AM
"Not to worry, we are still flying half a ship."

"Another happy landing."

Ewan McGregor's charm and good looks certainly helped me like the prequels a bit.  *grin*

and to me

Phantasmatical

Movie: Suicide Kings
Scene: Lono (Charlie's driver) enters the house where Charlie has been held hostage and quickly takes control of the situation.

Charlie: Shoot... *nods toward Max* Him.
Lono: *shoots Max in the leg*
Max: WHY ME?!
Charlie: Because this whole thing was your idea, dunsky!

Villain

Walks through the door ranting
Johnny: I did not hit her! It's bullshit! I did not hit her I did naaaaaat....oh hi Mark

Tommy Wiseau, The Room
(AKA one of the worst films ever made, youtube it if you don't know what it is)

Scribe08

"You wanna fight! Fight me! ...You string bean, Rick James lookin' fool!" - Johnny Yu (The Last Dragon)

Prototype

" Who are you? "
" Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask. "
" Well I can see that. "
" Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is. "
" Oh. Right. "
" But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. "
" Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. "
" The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. "
" Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. "

" Are you like a crazy person? "
" I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?  "
" I'm Evey. "
" Evey? E-V. Of course you are. "
" What does that mean? "
" It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and I don't believe in coincidences. "

V for Vendetta

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Kendra

Alex: We were all feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it being a night of no small expenditure.
A Clockwork Orange

Prototype

" She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman. "

Jack Sparrow

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Love And Submission

And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because I don't believe in vampires,
but I believe in my own two eyes, and what I saw is ***ing  vampires

-Seth  Gecko , Dusk 'Till Dawn.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Macavity69

(on the same lines)

Grandpa: One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.

The Lost Boys
Ons and Offs

Like a Timelord I've had a previous incarnation and ... this was it!  It took me a while to find it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=19476

Chaosengine

You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE! So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" - Howard Beale, Network 1976

Eve Lacus

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." - Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone
- Audrey Hepburn

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results
- Winston Churchill