~ Picture of the Week ~ Discussion [CLOSED]

Started by Hob, November 02, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hob

~ ~ DISCUSSION THREAD ~ ~

Wherein conversations may be had regarding images shown within Elliquiy's Picture of the Week thread.

Curator of the Gallery: Justric

Hob

Xandi
Nov 27, 2018
Shekinah
Dec 02, 2018
Eva
Dec 04, 2018
DeMalachine
Jan 18, 2019
Cliffspiracy
Feb 25, 2019
Liam Dale
March 5, 2019

Hob

And we have our first two selections!!  Special thanks to both Nico and Eva for giving us such a great kick-off!

Nico, that's a great start into an RP, and I'd love to see where it goes next.

Eva?  We gotta talk about turning that into a story when I'm back up and running!!

Eva

And now there are three!  It is always such fun to see the different approaches to the same inspiration. 

Justric, we can certainly talk about what comes next!

Hob

@JanesAddiction - darn it, now I want to know more!!

@Xandi - Now that is my kind of story!  To play either Thomas or Christoff against her?  Rarrrr!

Thank you both for adding to the first week. I truly appreciate it!

Autumn52

Quote from: Justric on November 07, 2018, 09:17:48 PM
@JanesAddiction - darn it, now I want to know more!!

@Xandi - Now that is my kind of story!  To play either Thomas or Christoff against her?  Rarrrr!

Thank you both for adding to the first week. I truly appreciate it!

Thank you very much. In my mind I think Christoff is hunting her and injuried himself to draw her in....
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Hob

And with that, we finish our first week live with Picture of the Week! Thanks to all of our contributors!

The next image is now posted for your consideration, something to help balance out the last one a little. I hope you have fun with it, folks!

Hob

Rinzler

Hob

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14506259#msg14506259

A poem!  An actual poem! *swoons*  Excellent well and excellently done, Blythe! My thanks!!

Hob

Week 2 is closed, but Week 3 has now been posted!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14511646#msg14511646

Eva

I meant to write for last week's photo, but the time (and my overly ambitious plans) got ahead of me.  I'm going to give this week a go.  Thank you for hosting these.

Shekinah

I like the idea and posted in it because I really love the newest picture.
Will try to keep tabs of it all :)

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Hob

Brilliant post, Shekinah! Glad to have you with us!!

Hob

For convenience's sake, there's now a link at the bottom of the first post here and on the main thread that will take you right to the current pic of the week.

Hob

Hob

The latest image is now up for your consideration!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14525942#msg14525942

You might notice that it's a little different than the others, more of a series of images than a single picture. When I started this project, I had made the promise to myself to include as wide a variety of images and art styles as I could imagine. So don't be surprised if in the future you see more like this, anime/manga style, abstract art, medieval woodcuts, etc... etc... I've even got some Normal Rockwell stuff set aside for next week! And if you have any recommendations for images that you'd like to see, then please, PM them to me!  (Don't post them here, that would be spoilers!) I can't promise I'll use them, but I will always take any offered images under advisement.

I hope this project continues to both please and inspire all of you. And always remember: have fun with it!!

Shekinah

I liked the set :D
Love that there will be all sorts of things coming.
Looking forward to next week ^_^

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Hob

Hey, Loveme91! Thanks for starting off us this week!

And welcome aboard, Shekinah!  *offers hugs* Glad to have you with us! You post some great stuff in the F/S threads! And, yes, next week will be... a little different. Hopefully, you will like!

Eva

Hopefully with the holiday behind me (for the time being) I will be able to get a post up here this week. I meant to last time but it didn't happen.  *fingers crossed*

Eva

I got one up!!!!

I have to say I enjoyed the collage nature of the image this week. I tried to let the story flow follow the images and let it help dictate where I went with the narrative. I had fun with it and hope we have some more of these collage style images to play with in the future. 

Hob

Quote from: Eva on November 27, 2018, 09:57:12 PM
I got one up!!!!

I have to say I enjoyed the collage nature of the image this week. I tried to let the story flow follow the images and let it help dictate where I went with the narrative. I had fun with it and hope we have some more of these collage style images to play with in the future.

Just my sort of story, Eva! And beautifully written, too!!

And, Xandi!  My, my, my! It looks like you're going to be getting an email shortly because you, Xandi, are the first to complete the challenge! Your username shall be properly ensconced into a proper Wall of Fame over the weekend, but you shall be the first to be awarded the coveted POW! Badge!  Congratulations!!

Autumn52

Quote from: Justric on November 28, 2018, 05:28:08 PM
Just my sort of story, Eva! And beautifully written, too!!

And, Xandi!  My, my, my! It looks like you're going to be getting an email shortly because you, Xandi, are the first to complete the challenge! Your username shall be properly ensconced into a proper Wall of Fame over the weekend, but you shall be the first to be awarded the coveted POW! Badge!  Congratulations!!

WOW, thanks. I am really enjoying these writing exercises. I have to say this last one was not my best but it was a true effort, so thank you.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Hob

Folks, the week is done and the previous image is now closed. And, boy, that collage was really popular! Not to worry, we'll do more like that in the future, I promise! And we had our first Champion!  Again, congrats to Xandi who will have her name highlighted on the Wall of Fame... which I shall hopefully get around to actually putting up this weekend.

In the meantime, here's this week's picture for your consideration!  I promised some Normal Rockwell ("Changing a Flat" 1978), so here we go! 

Hob

Xandi has now been added to the Wall of Fame!