{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anon

Ally had started on her sixth catfish when Ari arrived with the tip. She blinked at the tap before turning to Ari. She scooped up the money after shedding her gloves. Her lips pursed to one side, she headed back outside again and stopped before the two strangers, change in hand.

She'd always had an unhealthy unconcern about the common courtesy and thought nothing of interrupting their dining. She stopped before them and cocked her head.

"Wasabi and Sushi are on the house." She grinned as she dropped the tip down on the table. "You two just gave me an excuse to make catfishes...and Eva won't be able to have anything to say in return." Her voice fair danced with mirth. She bobbed her head at them, powder sugar already smeared against a cheek. "Just be here if she decides to rip on me for making catfishes again. So," She leaned against the side of the counter, "you two new to the town?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Solaine

Ky watched the raven-haired beauty walk away much as he had watched Phaedra earlier, just as curious with every bit of the male in him.  Like Phaedra, he was sensing something odd about the bakery.  He was actually in a better mood than he had been since he had awakened under Phaedra’s healing hands from his disease-induced coma. 

“Oh, we’re new all right,” Ky murmured in reply to Ally, amusement and very male interest in blue eyes as he studied the creator of such incredible creatures from head to toe.  How much newer, he wanted to say, could he be?  “New to town, new to ----“  He cut himself off from saying ‘Earth’ with a teasing grin.  “Tell Eva you can make catfish for me as much as you like.”

Phaedra’s delicate eyebrows shot up a little.  Now this was more like the Ky she had known, the guns coming out for any charming female in the vicinity. But she wasn’t jealous. How could she be jealous of a force of nature? She could no more keep Kyros Ariston than she could contain the Atlantean zephyr over his home world’s vast oceans in a bottle.

She smiled at Ally with a nod. “We’ve been in town for several weeks now.”  Most of that she had spent in nursing Ky back to health.  By all rights he should be dead, so she was grateful despite his memory loss.  He didn’t remember what they had shared but he was quick enough to pick up the sexual aspect of their relationship.  “In fact, I’m looking for a job until I can get my license to practice as a therapist.”  They still had plenty of money combined from her own hoard and Ky’s accumulated wealth, but if they were to make a life for themselves on Earth, they would need to establish some sort of occupation.  “This is a very nice city.  Have you lived here long? My name is Phaedra, by the way.”

“Kyros,” Ky added, holding out his large, calloused and capable-looking hand for the Earth greeting.
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

anon

"A therapist?" Bells jingled again as Ally tilted her head. "What kind of therapist?" She shook Phaedra's hand with her right hand and took Ky's hand with her left. She shook their hands simultaneously. "And I'm Allegro. Or Ally. Or also known as, Don't-Give-Her-Sugar-Ally."

Releasing their hands, she leaned back against the counter, her expression thoughtful. "It is a very nice city. Of course, I'm biased." She stuck her tongue out at the mural and giggled as Vi's painting did the same in return. "I've only been here ever since college though."

She turned her attention to Ky. "And one catfish per customer." She grinned. But there was something more somber and less carefree glinting in her eyes as she continued. "Plus, I think Sushi might get jealous if you begin dote on another catfish." She blinked and the look was gone. "So you folks planning on staying here for a while, then?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Solaine

Dark eyebrow quirking, Ky looked to where Ally had stuck out her tongue, and seeing nothing amiss with the painting, turned back to Ally with the assumption that she was sticking her tongue out at him. 

“Ah, but catfish get lonely. Do you not see? Mine is already starting to look lost without a like-minded companion.”  He ran a long finger lightly and caressingly over the sugar sculpture. He left it to her to read more into his words if she wished.  Lost, raging in frustration to grasp what he was once --- that’s what he was most of the time. 

He had caught the dimming of her sparkle, and so did Phaedra.  She resisted the impulse to delve into the other woman’s emotions with her empath.  No, being too curious had gotten her into trouble before, and she wasn’t about to pry indiscriminately now on Earth… unless she was being paid to do it. 

“I’m a psychotherapist specializing in dreams.  And yes, we do plan on settling down here.”  She hesitated ever so slightly, hating to lie to someone who had been kind to them, but what other choice did they have?  But maybe half a truth might suffice, and she lowered her voice.  “You see, we’re --- illegal aliens.”  Their slight accents, at least, would give the statement some credence, although they were as alien as aliens came. “If we can establish ourselves here…”  She spread her small hands out, her slender shoulders lifting in a helpless gesture. 

For now, they were safe from the bounty hunters who might be tracking them.  Phaedra had made sure of that.  But if they can somehow bury themselves deep into Earth identities, they would be nearly impossible to find, just as Phaedra had been able to spend those other years here on Earth. 

Ky was watching Ally, a small smile playing around his firm, sensual mouth.  “What do you do for enjoyment in this fair city of yours, Allegro--- besides making edible sculptures, that is?”
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

anon

Ally's eyes darkened a little at Ky's words, her look turning pensive again before she smiled again. "And that's why Sushi has Wasabi. Though if Phaedra decides to eat Wasabi, you can always come back for another catfish...if Eva lets me make more of them." She pulled a face.

"Aliens, hm?" Ally quirked a sideways grin at the two. "Your secrets are safe with me." She leaned forward conspiratorially again with a wink. "They're safe as long as you keep my secret with you." She nodded at the turtle. For a moment, the sugar creation seemed immobile until with a pop, the turtle suddenly drew itself into its shell before popping back out again.

"Anyway..." She moved back nonchalantly, her fingers fluttering about her casually, "here is where I spend almost all of my time." The bells swung as she looked about. "Small town, not much to do here. But," She shrugged, "I can't complain."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Vi had listened to the conversation, it was hard not to when all she was currently doing was lounging around against the counter. Not that she could hear all the words, but brief glimmers and catches of things drifted to her. She saw Ally stick her tongue out and turned to find the fairy was acting up again, as always the silly little fae, but then she couldn't blame this little sweetling, she had been thinking of Ally as she painted.

The raven haired girl tapped against her chin with a finger, idly worrying her lower lip as she hummed softly, considering what to do, there was nothing to really do for her today. Ally was more interesting to customers, Ari was always busy baking, Eva was off in her own world. She picked up one of the paint brushes she had left in next to her paint box and softly wet its bristles in the water and picked up some red pigment, summoning a butterfly to work on its wings.

It fluttered over to her slowly, and she softly applied in the color, humming an old folk song under her breath before she felt Ally's power shift a touch and she glanced over, green eyes curious when she saw the turtle move. "Hun, you sure you should be doing that?" She asked, turning to face the three of them, the butterfly deciding to fly out of the mural for the moment and land on her shoulder. "No little love, back you go..." she shooed it back toward the wall absently.

anon

Ally spun to face Vi, right in time to catch the butterfly landing on Vi's shoulder. She wrinkled her nose. "Like you should be saying anything, Vi." She watched as the butterfly flew back to the mural again, shaking her head. "Besides...it's only a turtle." Her eyes danced with mirth again as she continued, drawing on past memories. "Remember the time when I pulled the same trick on a snake?" She gave a low chuckle, follow by a wince at the memory of the tongue lashing that she received Eva after that particular episode. "Anyway, it's not like it's going to hurt anyone...right?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Solaine

Phaedra and Ky stared in utter amazement at the turtle as it popped back into its shell, then they both stared at Ally.  For the amnesiac, who knew nothing of this world, or any world for that matter, it was slightly more of a shock than it was for Phaedra, who had heard of such magical entities and knew they existed both in Atlantis and in this world, familiar as she was only with those, like her, with psionic abilities. 

Then they watched, Ky with bemusement and Phaedra in delight, as the vivid little butterfly landed on Vi’s shoulder before she sent it fluttering back into the painting.

“You--- you’re both…” she whispered, dancing violet eyes as large as they could go. 

“Cool trick,” Ky remarked with a grin, highly entertained now.  “Can you do it again, maybe with the snake?” His mind searched through episodes of National Geographic on the television. He jerked his thumb towards the painting. “How about a cobra?  Or an anaconda? Can you do that with larger animals, like tigers?” He felt an unconscious affinity for those magnificent, solitary creatures, the reason for which he would find out soon enough. "Can you make Sushi move too?"

Of course, he didn't really expect them to produce a tiger for him there in the middle of the bakery, but his curiosity was definitely piqued now by these oddly intriguing women!

Wistful Dream

"I just paint them, they come to life of their own compulsions hun, and I try to keep them under control." Vi shot right back at her before laughing softly, shaking her head and sending her ebony strands moving around her shoulders. The strangers certainly seemed captivated by the little show. "We are both magical, yes, although Miss Ally is the show off..." She said in a voice that was clearly teasing the other, younger girl.

When Ky addressed her however her lips formed a smirk and she chuckled, shaking her head. "I wish, but Miss Evalynn doesn't like snakes in the paintings, they tend to move at just the right moment to startle the wits out of a customer. We had one patron have a heart attack thanks to the one I painted a long time ago."

At the mention of a tiger though she concentrated, turning to the mural, a hand pressing into the wall, calling into the depths of the forest she had spent so much time giving life. It was small, at lest compared to real tigers but a decent size for its type in this forest, and a tiger came to her, nuzzled her hand as it slipped a touch into the painting and she laughed, caressing it fondly. "I can do a tiger."

anon

Ally twirled and bowed. "I live to entertain." She chimed at the accusation of being a show off. "Just be glad that I didn't decide to create a herd of sugar horses and have them stampede across the shop's floor."

She cringed a little at the memory of the snake. Not that she would ever admit it, but she had never been especially fond of the thing. Its forked tongue flickered out every so often whenever she passed by the painting. She had been more than relieved when Vi had decided to paint over it.

Her eyes flicked over to the mural in interest at the appearance of the tiger. "You sure that's a good idea, Vi? Eva's going to throw a fit if it decides to come out to play."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Vi glanced at Ally and smiled. "Don't worry honey, this kitty is one of the best behaved, I love tigers, and when I paint the person or emotions I'm thinking or feeling mix in with the creation. This creature is probably one of the sweetest in the whole mural."

And saying that her hand slipped a little further into the painting to caress it before slowly withdrawing. The great cat paced back and forth for a moment, letting Ky see him before it turned and slipped back into the depths of the trees. "She's shy as well."

"Besides, I think Eva has a softness for kitties..." Vi certainly hoped so because she most certainly was not going to be painting over this animal.

Solaine

Ky half rose in his seat, wanting to reach out to the animal himself, while Phaedra covered her parted lips with her fingers.  What had they stepped into?  A world of luscious offerings designed to tempt the senses, magical beings who seemed to make the very air around them dance to their tune, and murals populated by marvelous creatures  just as likely to come out and play as their house pets? 

Feeling slightly dazed, Phaedra gazed at the two women in awed wonder.  “I am very glad we passed by this way.  I don’t think I’ve ever felt happier these past few months.” 

She sighed.  She would dearly love to frequent this shop, and she suspected Ky would too from the hungry looks he had been giving the women, but she had to think of their safety. 

Which made it the more urgent to find their place in this world, just as surely as the tiger, with the caresses of the raven-haired sorceress, found its home in the magically animated wall and would never be torn away unless its mistress willed it. 

Ky sat down, disappointed, when the tiger slipped back into the jungle of trees.  He looked from one woman to the other, filled with regret.  He was thinking the same thing. If Phaedra was right--- if they were fugitives, and if they frequented a place enough, and if the bounty hunters did manage to track them down, the last thing he wanted was to bring ill to these women and the rest of the shop’s occupants.  He decided that he couldn’t take that risk.

He scooped up the last morsel of his three and a half sandwiches--- as usual, Phaedra had barely finished her half of one--- and popped it into his mouth to chew morosely.  Then he swallowed and said to them gravely, “This place… and you… I assure you I will never forget, or your kindness to us.” 

Never forget… surely now, he thought, he could start building up new memories even if he never remembered the first thirty-five years of his life. 

Wistful Dream

Ariella sighed as she brushed back her curls, laughing softly to herself before she simply just let her hair down around her shoulders and headed out into the main part of the store, going toward her sister. Eva should be eating soon, she had to watch carefully what she did and didn't do. Perhaps she worried over her a bit too much. But that was who she was.

The customers seemed happy with Vi and Ally to entertain them. Ari simply headed toward her sister, mentally wondering if perhaps eggsalad would be a hit today.

Spa O o fey

Eva returned to her seat in the corner, where she remained as the hustle of the shop continued. Golden curls reflected the light that now poured in through the pane windows. Off in her little corner with the tray of treats she picked idly at them. Lost in in her thoughts. Hearing footsteps close to her her eye turned towards her approaching sister. But, she made no move to meet her.

Turning her gaze back to the tray of treats she rubbed at her swollen belly as if to sooth the now active child in her womb.

Lilias

Rose stood before the door, clutching her flute case, still hesitating. Did she have time to actually eat something before practice? She glanced at her watch and calculated... Well, the place didn't seem too crowded, so she should be fine. She pushed the door open, starting a little at the little choir of chimes, and headed for the counter. Hmmm... coffee, definitely - and something sweet. She would probably regret it come dinnertime, but dammit, she needed something sweet now. 'Uh... could I have a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, please?' Her free hand dipped into her pocket for the usual handful of loose change already.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Kurzyk

"Yea you were always good at that Mike," said a voice from outside. A gentleman stepped through the sweet shop door carrying a brown leather briefcase. He wore a pin striped suit and had a mischievous smile as he held the door for a second man.

The latter stopped and looked around. "Where are you taking me today Tom?" He had a look of jovial wonder. He was blond haired, his face very sharp and well groomed as if he had had plastic surgery. He too was in a full suit, a trenchcoat over his arm and carried a black leather briefcase with a newspaper.

Tom looked at the menu and responded while thinking. "It's a bakery and sweet shop." He turned and winked to his brother, "and they have great coffee."

Mike threw his coat over one of the chairs and sat down at a table. "Bonus!" He stared at Tom for a few moments then grinned. He always had that look in court before he went in for the kill.

Tom looked back at the table. "What?" He hated when his brother baited him. Being the youngest it drove him crazy when they were kids. Once they had built a treehouse deep in the woods and every time he wanted to get inside, they would stare at him grinning until he remembered the password.

"Oh nothing," Mike smirked. "Just wondering if Sam's seen that new hair of yours yet."

"Like it?" he grinned. He ran his hands through his now short hair. Freshly cut, short and well groomed in a business style. He hadn't had his hair cut in a long time but felt it was a refreshing change; something new.

Tom turned back to the menu. Samantha was beautiful and believed herself to be. The thought of her brought stress to him. He loved her but lately she had appeared different to him. He didn't understand why.

"Mom's been telling you to do that for years," Mike laughed and shook his head. "You surprise me man." He opened up his newspaper and began to read.

Tom walked around the room enjoying the comfortableness of the atmosphere. He noticed the young lady with her flute case at the counter. Hold on to your dreams, he thought. Never let them slip away.

The smell was delightful and the assortment of treats was something he would have enjoyed in his earlier days. Past few years he had developed a distaste for sweets and more preferred the hard black coffee route. It seemed since he met Samantha, or Sam as he and his family affectionately call her, much of the things he loved had passed to the late nights of office meetings, and the endless discussions of what line of fashion Sam simply had to have, or how people weren't good enough for her. If only she could understand how beautiful people truly were.

He mused at the sweets of the shop and felt his heart open. His thoughts slipped into a haze as his feelings formed words that floated in front of him..

Whose finest samples,
Of sweetness found,
Be in thy heart
With taste abound..

He sighed and pressed the black book of poetry he kept in his inside pocket. She may never.

He noticed another display of assortments toward the corner and curiously walked toward them. Lost in his thoughts of the wedding to come, the committment, how this would all make a great poem, he failed to notice a lady walking in his direction. Noticing his brother was busy he turned his back to him, and pulled out the book to scribble the words down.

Suddenly he felt someone knock head on into him. The book flew out of his hands and spun along the floor. He reached his hands out to make sure the other person was alright when he saw her standing before him. The sweetness of her eyes struck his soul on a level he did not register. Staring for a moment in shock, he blinked his eyes and shook his thoughts.

"I'm very sorry," he smiled feeling awkward. "Are you alright?" He looked at her concerned.

Wistful Dream

Eggsalad probably wouldn't do after all Ariella though, considering her sister's picky nature with food of late, and she was going over her mental list of food in the kitchen, not paying much attention, in her semi dreamlike state that sometimes deep thinking put her into when suddenly she bumped into another figure and nearly went falling to the floor, but hands came around her arms, keeping her.

Her forget me not blue violet eyes lifted from their contemplation to meet the face of a man, a strong man, but sad as well, there was a sorrow and a knowledge in those eyes she would erase if she could. She was caught for a moment, just looking up at this male with her hair a cascade of golden curls, mused around her cheeks now, a slight blush from her own foolishness highlighting her pretty face.

He apologised and then asked if she was alright and she smiled softly, nodding her hand before lifting up a hand to almost touch his cheek "But why do you not speak with your soul?" She whispered, almost too quiet even for her own ears to hear before she came fully to her senses and quickly dropped her hand, stepping away from him and ducking her head in apology of her own.

"I'm perfectly alright, although I must beg your pardon sir for my wool gathering. Please, if you have need of anything from the store let me know. I do not know what came over me." Ari was glad now that her hair was down, it hid her blush better. She couldn't believe she had just ran into a customer, and here she was suppose to be the practical one in the store.

Vi smiled at the young girl and nodded easily when she mentioned wanting coffee and a muffin. "Sure thing hun." And the mural froze just then, too many people now to share the wonder of it if she could help it. Granted most of the creatures now had minds of their own but she had asked nicely through her magic. She moved fast and with the lithe grace of someone use to moving in a small place as she poured the coffee and snagged a plat to place the muffin on. "Can I get you anything else? Otherwise its four dollars even."

Kurzyk

The song of her eyes reflected the beauty of her spirit as his face found itself slowly moving towards her hand. Time stopped and for a brief moment he felt a whisper cross the air to his heart.  He sighed to himself and felt the weight of his life closing in on him.

His thoughts snapped him awake as he realized he was still holding her.

"Oh think nothing of it," he smiled softly and slowly let go of her, resting his arms at his side.

"I was the clumsy one." His breathing raced and he did not understand why. He had met many women over the years both socially and professionally but never felt like this. It was as if his heart was playing the large drum of a marching band.

He looked at her. The red of her cheeks so sweet against the blonde curls that enfolded her. He wanted to embrace her; talk to her, share with her his thoughts and dreams.

Such things were dangerous, he thought as he took a deep breath and regained his composure. She was attractive but he was already for someone else. Time was drawing close and the day of the wedding was nearly upon him.

"Thank you," he replied nervously and hoped that she could not see from his expressions his thoughts of her.

From the other end of the shop, his brother yelled out to them both with a grin, "Yes! And i'll have a coffee latte!" It seems his brother had seen their interaction and was enjoying it immensely.

Solaine

Ky had managed not to wolf his substantial meal down, and had savored every bite of it.  There was something about the food prepared in this shop by magically talented hands…

Fed and strangely happy, the two of them got up, with Phaedra waving bye to Ally and Vi and Ari and Eva, Ky nodding his thanks to the ladies before they stepped out the door and resumed their exploration of the city.   

Now it was time to get down to business.  Phaedra sighed.  They would have to move out of their small apartment rental soon, find something more permanent.  And of course, she would have to get cracking on that job hunt.  But she hadn’t been practicing in her field for two years, occupied as she had been with the rebellion back in Atlantis.  Maybe it was time she put her very unorthodox dream-healing talents to use…

Ky needed to do something.  He may have lost his memory, but he was strong and capable in body, and he knew he could learn quickly, just as he had absorbed the language of Earth in a short time.  There must be something he could do…

Wistful Dream

She was almost sad when his arms left hers but she smiled shyly at him and at his brother's words nodded her head, dipping a near curtsy to them before turning, leaving her sister at her table for now and made for the kitchen. She glanced back one, pink lingering high in her cheeks and her delicate face a touch bright before she slipped through the back door into the safe haven of her work space. She leaned against a counter and raised her hands to her cheeks, touching her blush before laughing softly, shaking her head at herself. "How silly I am..." She murmured.

A latte right, they made those back here, she started the process, inhaling the smell of the beans all the while trying to get that moment, that moment when the man's eyes had spoken to her. She brought the coffee out and laid it on the counter next to Vi who nodded, the girl was going to ring things up and take care of money, Ari was glad to leave that responsibility to her.

Then, by going to the other end of the counter and coming out from that side she went to her sister without getting overly close to either male. She tapped on Eva's shoulder and smiled brightly. "Hello sister love, what would you like for lunch today?"

Spa O o fey

Eva stroked her fingers over her stomach thoughtfully. Azure eys turned towards her sister, Ari ignoring her question. "Still as clumsy as ever.." she noted, eyes falling to the man behind her. Dark lashes shrouded her eyes for a moment, fanning her cheeks like dark wings.

She looked solemn for a moment before her eyes lifted again, a smile quirking the corner. "He's a strapping young fellow.." she commented, her eyes roaming over his form.

Her eyes then turned to her sister knowingly, "I'm not all that hungry at present.." she finally answered. "I had a handfull of treats." Evalynn smiled brightly.

Kurzyk

Tom slowly walked back to the table and sat down. He pulled out a notepad from his briefcase and made notes for a meeting he had today with the Financial office.

Budgetary costs, analysis, patient revenue... He checked each of them off and started getting a headache. He rested his head in his hands.

His thoughts turned to her. She seemed so lovely, sensitive as if she radiated all that was good in the world. Being near her felt as if a weight had been lifted. He rubbed his temples.

"Well that was interesting," Mike remarked casually while looking at the financial section of the paper. A sly grin crossed is face as he gave his brother a look.

"It's not what you think," Tom said in a tired voice. "We just ran into each other that's it." He nervously looked away. He wasn't sure what had happened other than it was very pleasant albeit confusing. He had no intention of letting Mike think otherwise as there was nothing to think. He was engaged and it was final.

Mike looked at his watch and took a last sip from his coffee. "Hey, we gotta go Im due in court in 15." He looked around for a waitress then gave the check to Tom. "Here man, Ill let you take care of this one," he said with a wink and started to stand up.

"As always," Tom laughed. Mike always knew how to cut the tension. If there was ever a stranger in the world he was unknown to Mike, for he could melt the toughest face with a sly grin.

He walked up to the counter, noticed the dark haired waitress standing before him.

"Here's the check," he smiled with a professional tone. "How much do I owe you?" He darted a slight glance behind the counter towards the kitchen, curious if she was there. He turned back to the waitress and took his wallet out.

Wistful Dream

She blushed hard at the mention of her being clumsy, she always had, even as a child. Thus the reason Eva had been the one to look out for her when she was younger and often ill, and the reason that Ari had felt guilty for her running away. She had taxed her sister too much back in those days, and now she was given a chance to help Eva and look out for her, to make sure she was healthy and safe. It made her happy and a feeling of blessing, especially if she was to pass away soon.

"He's nice, certainly..." She offered with a blush, glancing at him even as she heard her sister say she wasn't hungry.

Ari nodded finally, leaning down to hug Evalynn for a moment. "Well let me know if I can get you anything then hun." And with that she turned again, heading back toward the counter, freezing up when she realized he was standing there. She inclined her head slightly, a soft smile quirking on her lips as she moved to stand next to Vi "Give him a bit of a discount, considering I did almost knock him over." she flashed him a bright, laughing smile before giving a soft wave and going back to the kitchen.

Spa O o fey

Eva lounged in her chair as her sister strolled away. The sun bathed her back warming the silk on her skin as she tilted her head thoughtfully. She had flustered her sister. Arching an eyebrow Eva began to grin as a thought occurred to her.

Smoothing her thumb over her lower lip she contemplated her plans. Evalynn had never explored her romantic side, always impulsive and business she worked a finger through a hanging curl. Yes, match making would suit her, she decided with a nod to herself.

Standing slowly she steadied herself against the table before placing a hand on the small of her back, attempting to ease the ache. Upon hearing Ari's floating declaration of a discount she winced. Eva would usually never intercede, but pregnant women get bored too.

Striding over she attempted to act like an emotional tornado. Curls floating around her head her thin brows furrowed. "Discount!?" She spat.

She gave a sarcastic laugh eyeing the man as she leaned forward, "What is your name? You don't look like you need a discount!" The owner's rudeness could be blamed on her pregnancy, this she knew... Thus, she took full advantage of her excuse to execute her plot.

"I'm sure you have plenty of money! I can't believe you can't pay for a mere treat!" she vented, turning glowing eyes to her sister, "Ari!" she intentionally wailed even as her sister disappeared into the kitchen. "Why so sweet to him? Hm, you're never sweet to any other man. Why him, hm? Is he special?" She called loudly. This of course, was a lie for her sister was the kindnest of souls. But, it gave a rather lovely impression did it not? Evalynn tried to contain her smile as she bit off another fit of giggles.

Kurzyk

Her smile found his heart as he softly waved back. She smiled at him! His world opened like sunshine as his thoughts carried him to a place where there were no business reports, there was no wedding and all was at peace. This was silly he thought, all this for a stranger. He shook the thoughts from his head and looked in his wallet for some cash.

The other woman, pregnant although Tom knew enough not to assume nor ask, was yelling something about a discount.

"Be careful, "Mike laughed. "Or you'll have a lawsuit on your hands." He gathered up his coat and headed for the door. He looked back grinned, "If you do, call me I know a good attorney."

Tom smiled pleasantly but didn't want any trouble. "I assure you," he calmly stated. "I am perfectly comfortable paying the full price." He slowly smiled.