News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

Quote from: Mirrah on March 21, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
I watch a bit of feel good, like... Angelic Layer or something. :P

Angelic Layer.....sometimes simple and fun is best.  :)
I can only handle so much dark stuff, so I also turn to things like that for something on the lighter side.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Mirrah

Quote from: Haruki on March 26, 2018, 04:52:48 PM
Angelic Layer.....sometimes simple and fun is best.  :)
I can only handle so much dark stuff, so I also turn to things like that for something on the lighter side.

Yeah. :-)

And then, there's my ultimate feel-good. Sports and action anime with comedy. XD
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

yugi006

Quote from: Mirrah on March 27, 2018, 02:30:48 PM
And then, there's my ultimate feel-good. Sports and action anime with comedy. XD

That is awesome.

Sasquatch421

I'm currently all caught up in Death March to the Parallel World and Overlord... I did just start watching Log Horizon and am enjoying it so far. As for anything else on my other Queues? I'm waiting for Tokyo Ghoul to get more episodes before I start season 3 while I watch some oldies like Outlaw Star, My-HiME and Excel Saga.

I also found Legend of the Galactic Hero's on Crunchyroll... Still trying to restart Dragonball Super, but man it takes way to long to get going...

TotesRider

Anyone else watching Megalo Box? It's been a pretty super solid start so far.

TheScarletBlade

Rewatching Attack on Titan Season 2, before season 3 comes out. Lamenting how lame Tokyo Ghoul Re is and showing my uneducated brother the magic of Gundam Wing for the first time.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

TotesRider

Lately i've been binging both seasons of DD Hokuto no Ken. It's a pretty hilarious parody where the world didn't end and Kenshiro, Raoh and Toki are all pretty much losers.

One thing I do like is how both seasons are pretty separate from each other. The first season has the three brothers as part timers at a convenience store (ran by their master in the original series). It does a pretty good job of weaving in story elements of the original work.

Meanwhile the second season (called Ichigo Aji+) takes place in the End of The Century Academy where the brothers try to win an enrollment into the school and it becomes a way more goofy school comedy.
One problem...
At the end of each episode of the Second series are small shorts that take place in the original story art style and all (along with the goofy sense of humor) but focus on Thouzer. The problem is that all these make me wish the entire series was done in this style.

Would definitely recommend it for Fist of the North Star fans or anyone needing some fun goofball ness
Also the 2nd season opening song is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfc0xzrWqA

Sessha

Quote from: Mirrah on March 21, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
Some days, I can't watch grimdark and seinen. Those days, I watch a bit of feel good, like... Angelic Layer or something. :P

The irony is the manga it's based on ended a bit differently. Not much but different enough. Mostly it's who ends up dating who and who won the tournament in the end. Still a good and fun series all around no doubt about it.

Another feel good anime is Kobyashi's Maid Dragon. Yeah I'm a bit of a Johnny com lately on that one but I liked it very much.

Also a fun fantasyish anime is Resturant to Another World.

Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.

Just to name a few fantasy animes to watch.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Crensler

An anime I've watched recently are Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and, well, Kanna-chan is way too cutes >w<

I've also been watching Sword of Oratoria and Toji no Miko, both of which I find quite entertaining ^w^

TheScarletBlade

Anyone else disappointed with Tokyo ghoul re? I have never read the manga but being an avid fan of the series, so far this third season is a crazy let down.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Mirrah

Quote from: Sessha on May 02, 2018, 09:32:02 AM
The irony is the manga it's based on ended a bit differently. Not much but different enough. Mostly it's who ends up dating who and who won the tournament in the end. Still a good and fun series all around no doubt about it.

Another feel good anime is Kobyashi's Maid Dragon. Yeah I'm a bit of a Johnny com lately on that one but I liked it very much.

Also a fun fantasyish anime is Resturant to Another World.

Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.

Just to name a few fantasy animes to watch.

I should pick up the Manga sometime! I started, but never finished it.

I also re-watched Nodame Cantabile, which is one of my favorites.

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on May 03, 2018, 04:36:28 PM
Anyone else disappointed with Tokyo ghoul re? I have never read the manga but being an avid fan of the series, so far this third season is a crazy let down.

I've only seen a few episodes of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul, so I have no idea. I keep meaning to go back to watch it, but I get sidetracked. >.>

I liked Land of the Lustrous but I want more! It had a cliffhanger as a last episode!

Sessha

Quote from: Mirrah on May 04, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
I should pick up the Manga sometime! I started, but never finished it.

Oh yeah I totally recommend picking it up and reading the manga. It's a lot of fun for a read.

Quote from: Mirrah on May 04, 2018, 06:01:14 AMI liked Land of the Lustrous but I want more! It had a cliffhanger as a last episode!

Yeah they did kind of leave on a huge cliffhanger. Though I got to say I liked Phos' original look to the new one he sported in the second half of the series. Plus the somewhat budding relationship between him/her(?) and Cinnabar.

Mirrah

Quote from: Sessha on May 04, 2018, 08:17:56 AM
Oh yeah I totally recommend picking it up and reading the manga. It's a lot of fun for a read.

Yeah they did kind of leave on a huge cliffhanger. Though I got to say I liked Phos' original look to the new one he sported in the second half of the series. Plus the somewhat budding relationship between him/her(?) and Cinnabar.

I will try to get to it and finish it this time around then. Thank you!

Yeah... I was like, "No way. Don't end it like this!" Phos changed dramatically, though I get that Phos lost a lot when his arms sank beneath the ice, and when he lost his legs. I read somewhere that in the manga, they imply that they're really genderless beings.

I recently got around to finally watching Spice and Wolf. It's interesting so far.

Sessha

Quote from: Mirrah on May 05, 2018, 07:34:54 PM
I will try to get to it and finish it this time around then. Thank you!

Yeah... I was like, "No way. Don't end it like this!" Phos changed dramatically, though I get that Phos lost a lot when his arms sank beneath the ice, and when he lost his legs. I read somewhere that in the manga, they imply that they're really genderless beings.

I recently got around to finally watching Spice and Wolf. It's interesting so far.

Yeah they do pretty much imply that as well. As for Spice and Wolf i have not seen it myself but I have heard some really good things about it. Right now though I am watching Darling in FranXXs and it's actually pretty

Mirrah

Quote from: Sessha on May 06, 2018, 04:08:53 AM
Yeah they do pretty much imply that as well. As for Spice and Wolf i have not seen it myself but I have heard some really good things about it. Right now though I am watching Darling in FranXXs and it's actually pretty

I've never heard of that, but I'm going to add it to my list of anime to check out. :o

I like Spice and Wolf so far. :-)

Sessha

Quote from: Mirrah on May 06, 2018, 05:03:45 AM
I've never heard of that, but I'm going to add it to my list of anime to check out. :o

I like Spice and Wolf so far. :-)

Darling in FranXX is an interesting series. Yes it's a mecha anime but it's different in the backgrounds and the way it's presented. It's very clear that it's a character driven piece. I highly recommend it. It's still coming out right now but the dubs for it are only two episodes behind the subs.

One of these days I do need to get around to watching Spice and Wolf. As I said I know it's a good series and comes very highly rated.

Mirrah

Quote from: Sessha on May 06, 2018, 06:42:42 AM
Darling in FranXX is an interesting series. Yes it's a mecha anime but it's different in the backgrounds and the way it's presented. It's very clear that it's a character driven piece. I highly recommend it. It's still coming out right now but the dubs for it are only two episodes behind the subs.

One of these days I do need to get around to watching Spice and Wolf. As I said I know it's a good series and comes very highly rated.

Oh! I'll wait a while to watch Darling in FranXX then. I don't like waiting too long on episodes to come out. XD

Nadir

I am real behind on anime but I recently finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for the first time! Somehow I have dodged all the spoilers for that, and got through it (a miracle in itself as I have the worst attention span, and that anime is pretty long for me)

What an amazing show, I enjoyed it so much~

I've recently picked up Durarara and am a bit confused by it, but amused enough to keep trying. 

Mirrah

Quote from: Nadir on May 06, 2018, 07:20:42 AM
I am real behind on anime but I recently finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for the first time! Somehow I have dodged all the spoilers for that, and got through it (a miracle in itself as I have the worst attention span, and that anime is pretty long for me)

I've recently picked up Durarara and am a bit confused by it, but amused enough to keep trying.

Durarara was confusing for me, too! I need to get back to watching it! I also never finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood... They made a live action for it. It was alright. XD

Nadir

I was eyeing the live action film recently! I might have to watch it with some ice cream~

Sessha

One of the better live action anime's I've seen in recent years was the live action movie for Space Battleship Yamato. Good movie but I think I'll always prefer the anime better. Which for all of you to note Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is being released for dubbing now. It's actually not too bad all things totaled. I recommend for any sci-fi genera buffs give it a watch.

Quote from: Nadir on May 06, 2018, 07:20:42 AM

That is honestly a very amazing feat indeed. Well done.  :-) I liked Brotherhood so much better than the original. Much of the mellow-drama from the original series is dropped and played fairly more straightforward. I like that a lot. Plus the fact of we actually see how much of a big billy badass Ed and Al's dad really is. They spend like 45 episodes of the original series talking their dad up and then when he finally shows up at the end. He gets taken out like a punk. Also ending for Brotherhood felt more satisfying in that it did truly wrap up everything.

Quote from: Mirrah on May 06, 2018, 07:11:09 AM
Oh! I'll wait a while to watch Darling in FranXX then. I don't like waiting too long on episodes to come out. XD

You won't have too much longer to wait. They just released episode 16 of the series today and they released episode 14 of the dub yesterday. So I'd say about another two months and you can binge watch the whole series on Funimation's website. Or Crunchyroll if you've got that instead.

Also a good series to put on if you are just looking to kill some time is Restaurant to Another World. The concept itself is actually kind of interesting. Though I have to say when you watch they kind of flip things on their head a bit. The title is a bit misleading, sort of. Like I said if you just want to kill some time and watching something fun give it a go.

Nadir

Quote from: Sessha on May 06, 2018, 08:05:23 AM
That is honestly a very amazing feat indeed. Well done.  :-) I liked Brotherhood so much better than the original. Much of the mellow-drama from the original series is dropped and played fairly more straightforward. I like that a lot. Plus the fact of we actually see how much of a big billy badass Ed and Al's dad really is. They spend like 45 episodes of the original series talking their dad up and then when he finally shows up at the end. He gets taken out like a punk. Also ending for Brotherhood felt more satisfying in that it did truly wrap up everything.

Thank~ I enjoyed Brotherhood so much more than I thought I would. I am usually disappointed by the big animes, it's real satisfying to find the hype around FMAB was right. I did try the first iteration but it didn't captivate me. Though now I've finished it, I get to read fanfic about it and that's like, the best part about finishing anything for me *grin*

TheScarletBlade

I want them to use FMAB as a model to remake some good shows. Like Trigun or Kenshin!

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Sessha

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on May 06, 2018, 03:25:42 PM
I want them to use FMAB as a model to remake some good shows. Like Trigun or Kenshin!

Honestly for the Ruruoni Kenshin series I can tell you ignore the anime and go read the manga it was based on. Which I can tell you that after episode 60 of the original anime everything is nothing but filler. Yeah that anime died on filler. Plus the way some of the stories ended is much better and more fitting in my opinion in the manga. As for the Trigun anime..eh it's different enough and not in a bad way to honestly be fine on it's own.

Haruki

The first set of Kenshin OAVs though (collectively called 'Trust & Betrayal') is some beautiful, if dark, stuff though.  Highly recommend that as a watch.

Kenshin is a series I otherwise wish would get a fresh new take in animated form, and give it the proper ending it deserves.  The original anime series, up through ep 62 was good, but I didn't even bother buying the 3rd season knowing it was all filler.  Such a shame it ended in a whimper.  Considering what's been going on with that series' original author though, my guess is as good as any as to what will happen going forward.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)