Star Wars: Fallen Order

Started by Norsegod1839, July 17, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

Ghostly, may I suggest Bill Kaulitz as a face claim? 

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Ghostly

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 19, 2018, 12:57:14 AM
Ghostly, may I suggest Bill Kaulitz as a face claim? 

That's not exactly what I'm looking for... eh, I might end up drawing one.

Imogen

Unfortunately, I have to bow out, guys!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

RobHumph

It's a shame Imogen. I was so looking forward to Cylden 2.0. You have fun in other stuff!

And we have a Mandalorian Jedi? Should be interesting, though she won't be very Mando given Jedi upbringing.

HairyHeretic

Tempting.

Would a Knight or Padawan in the Jedi Explorer Corps be more suitable?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 19, 2018, 08:32:33 AM
Tempting.

Would a Knight or Padawan in the Jedi Explorer Corps be more suitable?

I could certainly work with something like that!

HairyHeretic

Which would be more suitable though, Knight or Padawan? I was under the impression you were looking to keep the seniority down, but I think a Knight might be a more likely candidate for an Explorer than a Padawan. Thinking Lorridan for a race. Maybe a Jedi who has been with the Explorer Corp as a Padawan, serving under a Knight, just returned to the Temple to complete their own Knight trials before things went to hell. That way I could go Knight or Padawan, whatever was a suitable level.

He's seen a lot of different places around the Outer Rim, but his formal training has been somewhat lacking as much of what the ship was doing was scouting, surveying and the occasional archeological mission. He does however probably have a lot more 'real world' experience than most Padawans, especially with the greyer side of life.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Norsegod1839

I feel A knight would probably be the one that fits? Though if you want to go with a Padawan that's fine to.

I am looking ot keep senority down but only so far as in Masters. I think any one can really be a Jedi Knight since it only meant that you completed your trails and didn't have a master. In a way it would make sense that most are knights because if most padawans usually had a master to train them.

Either way I like your idea.

RobHumph

Knight is the rank above padawan. A masterless padawan would just be sent to the agriculture corp or something like that if they couldn't find another master.

But I think either Knight or Padawan would work for this game. Those ranks wouldn't mean much after Order 66 anyway.

HairyHeretic

Sound, I'll get him written up properly in the next day or so.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

NihilXIII

Alias: Blackout Leader (callsign)
Height: 1.89m
Weight: 64kg
Sexuality: Unknown (unexplored)
Nickname: N/A
Signature Skill: Stealth and infiltration, Piloting, Lightsaber combat
Lightsaber: Single blade, magenta crystal
Weapons/Gear: DC-17 hand blaster, Jedi commlink concealed in gauntlet
Costume: Varies according to mission. His Jedi garments are sleeveless and dark grey, with a black leatheris tunic and black boots and gauntlets. He rarely wears a Jedi cloak.
Face Claim: Ash Stymest

Bio:
A spice dealer and her slave; a pirate captain and her first mate; a Separatist senator and her aide; together with Master Seryn, Cohl had worn the identities both unsavoury and unassuming, disreputable and revered.
Cohl had been a troublesome youngling and found it difficult to embody the tenets of the Jedi Code; his emotions governed him, and he often confused what was right with what was easy. This, and his habit of sneaking into places that he shouldn’t be, led to his isolationism and disregard for others. By the time he reached 13 years of age, he’d given up hope of being selected as a Padawan. Although his skills with Form V lightsaber combat were above average compared with his peers, his aforementioned emotional instability gave him a frightening lack of control over the Force.

Thus, when he was summoned before the Jedi Council, Cohl assumed the worst – that he was being sent to the Agricultural Corps, or worse, being exiled from the Order entirely. To his surprise, however, the Council Chamber was empty, save one individual he did not recognise.
“You will not know me, Cohl Serasai,” she had said to him, “just as nobody here will know you”. And thus began his apprenticeship under Master Seryn, a Jedi who’s existence was known only to the highest circles of the Jedi Order and the Republic. Her missions took her far and wide, executing directives that could not be tied to either party, and Cohl soon learned how to slip into the skin of a hundred different denizens of a hundred different worlds. For the first time in his life he felt that his short-comings actually served him well, and in Master Seryn he had a tutor that would encourage his strengths while nurturing his weaknesses rather than admonish him for them.

For five years, Cohl and his Master disbanded illegal slave rings, stymied the flow of illegal trade between Republic worlds, and shut down experimental weapon manufacturers while procuring their research for the Republic. Something seemed to be brewing, and when the Republic began bleeding member worlds at an alarming rate, Master Seryn and Padawan Serasai were placed within the fledgling government of the new Confederacy of Independent Systems.
When the Clone Wars broke out, Cohl and his Master found themselves trapped behind enemy lines. A call to arms forced them to expose their identities and their exfiltration began the battle of Serenno, a battle that the Republic ultimately lost.
Upon returning to Coruscant, Cohl and Seryn were quickly assigned command of the 13th Company, comprised of Clone Shadow Troopers and specially trained Clone Assassins. Their missions, though still covert, allowed them to at least operate as Jedi, and while the Clone War raged loudly and publicly, the 13th Company silently opened its seedy underbelly and fought from the shadows. During the war, Cohl’s skills at the controls of a Starfighter earned him command of the 13th’s Starfighter squadron, known as Blackout. As Blackout Leader, he was at the forefront of stealth strikes against CIS weapons facilities in his black Jedi Interceptor, and lauded as a hero to his men.
Had it not been for the death of Master Seryn at the hands of bounty hunter Cad Bane, Cohl might have considered the Clone War to be the best years of his life. But a Padawan without a Master is no Padawan, and it was with great reluctance that he heeded the call to return home with the 13th Company.

Returning to find Coruscant reeling from a recent attack at the hands of General Grievous, Cohl found the Jedi Temple in a state of trepidation; something was on the horizon, everyone could feel it, though what it was and what it would mean, nobody knew. It was this, along with his anger at the death of Master Seryn, that kept Cohl awake the night that Order 66 – Operation Knightfall – was enacted. The marching of the 501st Batallion roused him from his quarters, and the sudden and systematic culling of life drew his distinct magenta blade to his hand. The rest was a blur of emotion and panic, as all around him, Cohl’s peers were cut down by blaster fire, and Clone Troops fell afoul of those few Jedi that weren’t so easily caught unawares. At the head of the slaughter was a shadowy figure, cutting swathes of Jedi down with his own blue lightsaber, but Cohl never saw a face, nor did he recognise whomever it might have been beneath the clouding rage. All he knew was that the Jedi had been betrayed, and Coruscant – the Republic – was no longer safe.
How he found himself aboard the Elipso alongside other survivors, he could not say. But as the Jedi Order waned, the Republic fell, and the Empire resolutely imposed itself over the remains of both, Cohl felt for certain that his role in all of this would once again take him into the shadows – and if he wasn’t careful, beyond…

Norsegod1839

All these character sheets!

I'll make my master tonight and a character sheet room!

NihilXIII

On a more-or-less related note, did anyone else just see the announcement trailer for the final Clone Wars series? Did not see that one coming!

Norsegod1839

I just got done watching it! I was a big fan of that series!

RobHumph

I admit it got me pumped. Finally get to see what would have been season 7 with proper animation.

Norsegod1839

My Jedi Master is up!

I'll be making the Character Sheet tonight! But it will be later.

Then I'll start working on the intro as well but might wait a day or two to post it so some people can work on their character sheet.

Captain Whitebread

With all the lightsaber prodigies in this group I will probably be shifting g th focus of my character which likely means they will be Miralukan rather than Twi’lek. Then again the ones who were better with their lightsabers were more likely to survive the attack

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 19, 2018, 11:32:18 PM
With all the lightsaber prodigies in this group I will probably be shifting g th focus of my character which likely means they will be Miralukan rather than Twi’lek. Then again the ones who were better with their lightsabers were more likely to survive the attack
Mine's more of an all-around if it makes you feel better?

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 19, 2018, 11:57:02 PM
Mine's more of an all-around if it makes you feel better?

Too many have mentioned being lightsaber prodigies.

In order to be different, I will likely go with a healer who frustrates his combat instructors by insisting on using “form zero”, aka not activating his lightsaber

Norsegod1839

I do want to get some variety! So I would really like a healer.

And perhaps at this point any future character sheets can kind of move away from that? I'm not going to force anyone to be something they don't want to be of course! I however will certainly promote diversity.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 20, 2018, 12:27:18 AM
Too many have mentioned being lightsaber prodigies.

In order to be different, I will likely go with a healer who frustrates his combat instructors by insisting on using “form zero”, aka not activating his lightsaber
That sounds pretty awesome actually!  As long as you like your character, I say go for it!

Captain Whitebread

I always like my character. I’ve tried to do this Jedi healer twice on E and both times the game stalled ten or so posts in.

So, scratch one Twi’lek and replace him with a Miralukan that was raised on Ithor. Yup, he speaks Hammerhead. He doesn’t like fighting so he’s chosen a light pike rather than a saber.

Norsegod1839

I love the idea! I rpomise at the veyr least this won't be a ton post game lol

RobHumph

Updated Jaxun's CS with some more detailed equipment, since that seems to be what we're going for

Norsegod1839

I should be able to get the sheets up today more towards the evening!