News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking for RP (revised 12-12)

Started by Arlyn, May 16, 2008, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

These are things that I'd like to try.  In some cases, the ideas might also work for group RPs, but for now I'd like to just try them as 1x1's instead.  Many of these will be NC-E in nature, though Light and NC-H are always choices as well that would also work for these ideas, and each idea is capable of being customized.  Please PM me if you're actually interested in RPing in one of these situations, because otherwise I may miss your interest and the thread will become even more crowded.

11-25-08 Update: Re-added the SMT setting with an alteration, reformatted the setup of this post.  Revised the Naruto-esque setting

Medieval Academy.
Basically, in a D&D-like world, academies for all sorts of races are set up at large and mid-large sized communities, mostly capitals of kingdoms and neutral territories, that service different kinds of 'classes'.  Each academy would have their own self-sufficient dorms, co-ed or single gender depending on which is decided.  Many races are stuck together- Elves, dark elves, humans, barbarians, dwarves, centaur, lamia/naga, dragonkin, etc- while learning to become that which will lead them throughout the rest of their lifespans in the world.  Of course, no kingdom is truly safe... one can only imagine what would happen to such a school if a neighboring kingdom conquered the one that such an academy is based within and what would occur to the students within... This would be, most likely, an NC-E natured theme. - This idea is in use at the moment, thanks to Moyra.

Assimilation.
No, not Star Trek.  This is where a modern human society is approached by either hidden magical races or even aliens and integrated as a whole into their societies, or they both just start merging.  This could also be as a result of Humans losing a war or winning a war on another planet/alternate earth, depending on the method of introduction of either species.  This would best be NC-E in nature.  A good scene for this would be if there's a clandestine war between humans and some other species (alien, demonic, or possible even celestial in nature...)

Naruto-esque setting
NC-E, utilizing both original and made-up characters for use in the setting.  Of course, the characters would all be at least 16 and higher.  I am fairly familiar with the series.  However, I would personally like to use only the setting, and not necessarily the already established (AKA, canon) characters within it.  The world is huge and there's a lot possible in it.  Perhaps one clan of ninja is more hentai-ish than the ones we've seen so far, and is actually more like historical ninjas than the open warrior-ninjas that are in the Naruto-world?  Just a thought.

Shin Megami Tensei (SMT) setting
The world was devastated in many areas by the appearance of Demonic and Messiah forces, which brought about the Trifold conflict: Heaven vs. Hell, with Earth in between where humans lived.  Though many humans survived, more were slaughtered over the course of a 5 year war between the two factions before certain humans that were capable of negotiating a truce between the two became available.  With the war over for the past fifteen years, some small gangs of both forces that decided to remain on Earth are attempting to increase their powers and foothold in the human world.  More humans, having grown up amongst demons in centered population areas, are attempting to placate the demons, sometimes using whatever means necessary...  Quite likely NC-E overall.  Some experience/background with SMT games might be useful, though not necessary.  The 'Demons' and 'Messiah' forces all are beings that are based upon various types of mythological figures, such as pixies, megami, kitsune, demigods and gods, goddesses, and many others.  I am looking to play a human 'negotiator' charged with helping to keep the peace between the factions in the city he lives in.

Persona-setting
Though everyone is capable of bearing power, it is their dark selves that when mixed with the demon-like Shadows that kills that person, leaving a string of murders and mutilations across the land.  But in some instances, there is something almost as bad happening.  Not quite murders, but puppet-masters, pulling the strings of the original person.  Perhaps these shadow-selves, after defeating their true selves, are somehow taking over the defeated and living as the person truly feels?

-This is taken more or less from the video games Persona 3 and Persona 4.  Everyone that enters the Midnight channel and doesn't escape before the fog inside lets up basically is killed.  This setting, however, more involves the lack of the Midnight Channel and the twisted Shadow-selves coming to take the place of the true person instead.  This may mean the human changing into a demon, or upon defeat of the demon, the demon changing back into his/her human self with the demon then becoming a Persona- a demon that can be called upon to act for the human in question.  This is definitely NC-E, and could also be a group game.

Macross/Robotech setting.
Light-H or Light-ES (depends on the setting involved).  I'd like to try a Macross-type of setting.  Macross Saga, Macross Plus (that'd be fun),or even Macross Frontier (which I would be most interested in).  If interested, this wouldn't necessarily be a sex-based RP, though it would be within the realm of possibilities.  Looking for higher-ups than, say, a Lieutenant (which is just about anyone).  This could become more of a Game than a 1x1, however, depending on if there's more people interested.  And yes, a female Zentraedi (or Meltran, depending on which series you're thinking of) would be very interesting (bonus points to those who know what a Zentraedi is).  I am very interested in a Macross Frontier-type of RP.  I am looking to have this take place before the events of Macross Frontier and possibly during/after, and would like to see where events take them.

More to come as I think of 'em.

Anime that I have knowledge of/am interested in:

El Hazard
Macross Frontier (and most Macross series in general)
Love Hina
Tenchi Muyo (not the newest series, but In Tokyo, Universe, and the OVA)
Robotech
Please Teacher
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Outlaw Star
Record of Lodoss War

and there are certainly others as well, but feel free to ask about ones that you're interested in.

However, ones I am not familiar with that are popular (somehow):

Inuyasha
Yu Yu Hakusho (nice series, but not one I want to RP in)
Any Gundam series (not my cup 'o tea)
Ruroni Kenshin (not bad, but someone I know ruined the setting and series for me completely)

Oreida Wesker

-Pops in and quickly waves to Mac Daddy- Tis HallowEve. Nice seeing your around here, Mac.
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Arlyn

Good to see you too, Eve.  Always nice to see a familiar face.

Oreida Wesker

Damn straight, hope ya get some good luck hanging about this joint.

Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Arlyn

I hope so too.  So far, no takers, but I'm still revising my ideas so I'm not too worried yet.

Speaking of which, bump for added details.  heh.

Arlyn

Sephora

Hello!  I am really interested in your Mystic Revival plot.  I love Greek myths, so I would really love to do it from that angle....are you still looking?

Arlyn

I certainly am still looking.  You're the first to show interest, so I'd be happy to go over that idea with you.

Harmoneigh

Hi. I would be interested in the Accidental Transport if you were still looking for someone.

Arlyn

Accidental Transport?  That one's still open, so I'd be happy to go with that.  Did you have something in particular in mind for it?

Harmoneigh

No not really. I just like time travel or transportation stories. 

Sabetha

Arlyn

Yet another bump.  Added #7.

Arlyn

RedEve

I'd be interested in joining a SW roleplay, though I doubt you'd get it off the ground. I've tried it a few times myself, but to no avail.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Arlyn

Could be true.  Which is why I added it to a 1x1 RP thread.  I figured there'd be more chance of that than there would be for a group game right now.

RedEve

Aah okay. Well I might be interested. Care to give me some more details? I'd like to play a female Zeltron.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kyou

Would you happen to go with something InuYasha-esque or Rurouni Kenshin-esque? I haven't seen very much of Naruto (and absolutely refuse to watch it. I'm sorry, I just hate that show DX ). I had a brief idea with something kinda Kagome/Inu ish, where they're in a relationship and for whatever reason is figured out, cannot reveal it to their comrades just yet. So they have to fake hating each other while sneaking off at night to get some snuggling action. ^_^; Just a thought.

Arlyn

Sorry, I don't know enough about Inu or Kenshin to RP either setting very well.  I've never been too interested in either series, to tell the truth.

Kyou

Arlyn

Bump!  I am back, and looking for RP once again!