SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Corvus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 05, 2013, 03:31:54 AM
To late for Parlay when your already caught. :P

Nuh uh! In fact, that's precisely what Parlay is for.

Parlay: If a pirate is captured by an enemy ship, he has the right to declare parlay, or temporary protection, until he may have an audience with the enemy captain. At this point, he cannot be harmed. Parlay is not considered concluded until said captives and captains have completed negotiations.

So... Neener, neener, neener! :P
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Ciosa

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2013, 03:33:29 AM

Parlay: If a pirate is captured by an enemy ship, he has the right to declare parlay, or temporary protection, until he may have an audience with the enemy captain. At this point, he cannot be harmed. Parlay is not considered concluded until said captives and captains have completed negotiations.

Me thinks he has the legal right of it....but I note he has not named the Pirate Captain in question he wishes to parlay with. 

Ciosa

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 05, 2013, 03:32:25 AM
There isn't a SR book on thievery by any chance, is there?

Don't they all?

:D 

There is a cyberpirates book....

Josietta

More Pirates!? Oh noes!

*drags the Ciosa off to make use of the Captains Quarters* I hope he has rum in there....

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Ciosa on January 05, 2013, 03:40:06 AM
Don't they all?

:D 

There is a cyberpirates book....

I might have to look that up, thank you very much.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciosa

Quote from: Josietta on January 05, 2013, 03:42:48 AM
More Pirates!? Oh noes!

*drags the Ciosa off to make use of the Captains Quarters* I hope he has rum in there....

*giggles*

Eep!

*disappears behind an oak door*

CurvyKitten

Oh silly me I thought he was caught by the woman with sense of authority and handcuffs, not another pirate captain. Though I suppose if he'd rather get stuck with a stinky old pirate captain...hehe What ever works for you right. :P

Senti

Well hopefully I will be up soon with my very sensible and well behaved character look at my halo  O:)

TheGlyphstone

Except that everyone knows the Pirate's Code is more like what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules.

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 10:57:01 PM
Random question about Desperado....how does he have any emotions whatsoever, or even the capability to feel? His Essence is .01, literally the most cybered-out you can get without becoming a Cyberzombie.

The way I look at it is that you don't have deadened emotions until you actually reach zero, and at that point you need -really- expensive (as in out of the reach of PCs) equipment to keep you alive.  Memory inducers have to periodically kick in and remind you that you're still alive, coupled with powerful magic that keeps your soul from escaping your body.  Those unfortunate folks are called Cyberzombies.  Trust me.  You don't want to be one.

At such a low essence though (low but still above zero), your soul is stretched thin, on the precipice.  But it's still intact, albeit barely.  As Josi said, he's probably closer to having some sociopathic tendencies at times, but like the main character in Gross Point Blank, he still has a personality.  He's still animated.  He still enjoys things. 

What will affect you though is how well magical healing works on you.  At lower essence you can still be healed magically, but it's really difficult for the mage trying to mend your wounds.  At 6 essence, healing spells are as normal.  They require Willful x1 to not get drained.  At 3 to 5.99 essence, that goes up to Willful x2 and at .01 to 2.99, Willful x3 is needed.  Without that level of Willful, healing those with lower levels of essence can cause headaches, fatigue, nosebleeds and the like.  All in all, it can be fun to RP out the mage saying "Geez, chummer!  Are you chromed up enough?!  I think you might be able to squeeze a little bit more into your body there."...

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that commlinks are absolutely required (even if you only spend 300 nuyen on one), so don't forget to buy one.  You'll also need AR gloves and contacts, goggles or glasses with an image link built in so you can interact with the AR world. 

Everyone has this stuff... even homeless people.

TheGlyphstone

Looks like I'm spending my first month without a gun, then.

Josietta

Since its been a bit since I played ... if you get an internal Comm.. does that also require gloves and such?   And does it matter what the gloves look like/made of?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Quote from: Josietta on January 05, 2013, 10:00:39 AM
Since its been a bit since I played ... if you get an internal Comm.. does that also require gloves and such?   And does it matter what the gloves look like/made of?

If you have your commlink as cyberware, no... no AR gloves are required.  It's all mentally manipulated.  Directly plugged into your brain.

No, it doesn't matter what the AR gloves look like.

Dhi

I didn't realize that I don't need the AR gloves. The commlink thing is new to me. I'm fine with keeping them, though. Maybe Lottie bought the gloves before her plunge into cyberware and still hangs onto them as a memento.

Pumpkin Seeds

TheVillain

Alright! So the characters are up, just need to get the mechanical sheets done. Feel free to comment!
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Josietta

I'm considering changing my street sams look and name >.>   Good thing I haven't set up the actual sheet yet.

I'm thinking of making her a southern cowgirl from Texas who joined Lonestar about 4 years ago but quickly found she needed more money than they were paying.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Dhi

Quote from: Josietta on January 05, 2013, 11:44:13 AM
I'm considering changing my street sams look and name >.>   Good thing I haven't set up the actual sheet yet.

I'm thinking of making her a southern cowgirl from Texas who joined Lonestar about 4 years ago but quickly found she needed more money than they were paying.
Love it.

Ciosa

Josietta

Quote from: Dhi on January 05, 2013, 11:48:47 AM
Love it.

Me too!! I'm excited about it!!

I found a model too that I liked. I'm on this huge cowgirl kick right now... I was gonna do my typical blonde but found this girl instead.. (i'll be editing in a bandana top on her but for now this will do...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ciosa

Quote from: Josietta on January 05, 2013, 12:18:38 PM
Me too!! I'm excited about it!!

I found a model too that I liked. I'm on this huge cowgirl kick right now... I was gonna do my typical blonde but found this girl instead.. (i'll be editing in a bandana top on her but for now this will do...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Can I vote for your current avatar as a character?  ;

Josietta

Quote from: Ciosa on January 05, 2013, 12:32:05 PM
Can I vote for your current avatar as a character?  ;

Haha! you would!  :P

actually I thoughta bout using her but I liked the brunette better. >.>

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

bubby