Warcraft Freeform RP (See 1st Post for Details)

Started by Question Mark, June 16, 2012, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN THIS GAME, READ THIS: Unfortunately, we are now full up.  However, if you want to join the game, feel free to PM me.  You'll probably be asked to wait until a position opens up.  Sorry!  :(

The Champions
Doctor Selistria Dawnfire, of the Horde
Brewmaster Wessly Breechbolt, of the Horde
Vindicator Menthus Tiberus, of the Alliance
Boz
High Warlord Gorejaw Redaxe, of the Horde
Wolf Master Tukk Thornbane, of the Horde
High Crusader Haddren Almsgiver, of the Alliance

Here's the deal: I love the Warcraft universe, and I've got some free time on my hands.  I'm looking for a group of 3-5 players who also love the Warcraft 'verse, and also have some free time on their hands.  These chosen few will then help me weave an awesome story, full of bloody violence, unexplored realms, and, if it pleases, carnal indulgences.  All you have to do is get your Champion profile approved by me, help choose a plot line, and you're in!  More details below...

Game Chassis and Structure

This game will be a freeform RP.  I will be controlling a Champion like everyone else, but I will also be directing the flow of the plot through NPCs, time shifts, and so on.  My job is to make sure the game doesn't stagnate, and that the plot keeps on moving.  I will also be in contact with players via PM to help orchestrate delicate plot moments, to explain details only they would know, and so on.

A note on sex: Sex is awesome.  So feel free to get dirty IC!  However, I intend for this to be a primarily story driven game.  If you're looking for a quickie smut RP, this is the wrong place to be.  If you're looking for a good story that you can have a hand in and the possibility of some smut on the side, this is most definitely the right place to be.

The Plot(s)

Below are the six potential plots.  Voting is currently taking place, and will conclude at 18:00 EST.  Please PM me with your top two choices, and a brief explanation of why you like them.

The Plots
"The Cylindrical Terrace"
Location: Western edge of Uldum, amongst the mountains separating it from Ahn'Qiraj.
Time: Six weeks after the Cataclysm began.
Summary: After the fall of Al'Akir the Windlord, a group of adventurers are hired by the Alliance, the Horde, or a third party to investigate a peculiar rock formation set into a desert cliff approximately 25 leagues southwest from the Temple of Uldum after an initial expedition went missing.  Their only information is this: there was one survivor, a madwoman that spoke of a Titanic complex full of technological and magical wonders, an infestation of some horrifying nature, and a cool, oppressive mist.  She fled a day after being rescued, never to be seen again.  Their assignment is to explore the complex, gather any useful relics, and eliminate any potential threats.
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, exploration of an ancient ruin, a dash of survival horror, and, for some, a struggle to define what is real, and what is not.
Additional Notes: All that needs to happen is for your Champion to arrive at the ruin at the same time as the rest of the Champions.  The "group of hired adventurers" is just an idea.  Perhaps your Champion followed the others here, or was hired by himself.  Maybe he knew someone in the expedition, and is trying to discover their fate.  Or he could be hunting down another Champion.  I'll take most ideas; just pass them by me first.

"Rising Waters"
Location: The Isle of Dread, a large island south of Feathermoon Stronghold in the Veiled Sea, off the coast of Feralas.
Time: Three days after the Cataclysm.
Summary: Even before the aftershocks of the Cataclysm had subsided, both the Horde and the Alliance moved to defend their holdings and take their enemy's land.  One such strategic zone was a southern port on the Veiled Sea.  The Alliance already had three (Feathermoon, Teldrassil, and Auberdine), while the Horde had only just began construction on their first (Zoram'Gar Outpost).  With Feathermoon flooded, the Horde mounted an offensive on the Alliance in Feralas.  During the battle on the coast, some of the fighting spread to the Isle of Dread, which has also began to sink under the waves.  It is here the Champions will find themselves at the beginning of the game, stranded on a dying island occupied by immense creatures, assaulted by unending storms, and hiding an unknown threat...
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, animosity between Champions (Horde vs. Alliance and all that), wilderness survival, short IC timeframe (probably two days, three at the most), exploration, and the objective to escape from the island.
Additional Notes: How your Champion arrives on the island is your choice.  They were most likely part of the attacking Horde force, or the defending Alliance force.  Perhaps they were exploring and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Peace Summit"
Location: The Argent Crusade fortress town of Hearthglen, set in the northern foothills of the Western Plaguelands.
Time: The day before the Cataclysm.
Summary: Tirion Fordring, now residing in Hearthglen after the defeat of the Lich King, is approached by an Earthen Ring shaman.  She warns of elemental unrest, and a shadow spreading under the earth, the portents of some coming catastrophe.  Wanting to head off the inevitable aggression between the Alliance and Horde in the wake of such an event, Tirion invites ambassadors from the factions and their constituent races to a peace summit.  He plans to warn them of the coming destruction, and to persuade them to agree to a ceasefire if it were to occur.  Not everyone wants peace, however, and hidden forces move to sway this monumental meeting into disaster.  (Oh, and there's also the CATACLYSM)
Expected Elements: Some combat and action, elements of mystery (i.e. uncovering a plot), intrigue, interaction with major lore characters, stealth.
Additional Notes: Champions have four options.  (1) Be a representative sent from their faction/race to attend the summit, (2) be a bodyguard of one such representative, (3) be one of the Argent Crusade guards in attendance, or (4) be present in Hearthglen for some other reason.

"Madness Within"
Location: Anywhere on Azeroth, would be revealed after the game has progressed a bit.
Time: Three days before the Cataclysm.
Summary: All of the Champions are, for some unknown reason, stealthily captured and brought to an unknown location.  Their captors are seemingly mad, raving and threatening.  Despite their apparent insanity, they seem to have a malicious plan for the Champions.  Having been underestimated, the prisoners quickly manage to break their confinement, and now must find a way to escape [REDACTED].  However, there is something else present.  It does not walk the hallways like the madmen, but instead whispers into the minds of the Champions, spreading madness and sowing chaos.  Only by escaping can they retain their sanity and end this threat to the world.
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, intrigue and stealth, prisonbreak scenario, some NC (sex or otherwise) if wanted, a struggle against insanity, a struggle to determine what is real and what is not, short IC timeframe (one day, two at most), elements of mystery and discovery (who are their captors, what do they intend, where are we, etc.).
Additional Notes: The RP would start with the kidnapping.  Waking up, breaking out, and other actions following the kidnapping will be performed at your discretion.  Considering the nature of this plot, I'll be communicating with you via PMs when needed.  NC scenarios are possible, but only if you approve it first.  (Note: I'm talking about jailers forcing your Champion to do nonsexual things.  I'm not a fan of NC sex, but NC between Champions is always a possibility).  Your Champion would start with none of their equipment (unless they managed to smuggle or hide something on their person; PM me if you're interested), but would be able to regain their equipment if they find it.

"Dragon Soul"
Location: Dragonblight, Wyrmrest Temple, and other locations visited during the Dragon Soul raid.
Time: Takes place during the events of the Dragon Soul raid.  Approximately two months after the Cataclysm.
Summary: Whether from Hyjal Summit, the Caverns of Time, Stormwind, or Orgrimmar, adventurers were secretly contacted and informed of the Dragon Aspect's daring plan to kill Deathwing.  By obtaining and imbuing the Dragon Soul, they could finish Deathwing off in one mighty blow.  The Twilight's Hammer, the doomsday cult in service to the Destroyer, have learned of the plan and immediately attacked Wyrmrest Temple, hoping to slay the Aspects and recover the Dragon Soul.  The Champions would be the spearhead of the adventurer force arriving to break the siege, take the fight to the Twilight's Hammer, and then slay Deathwing himself in a climactic battle that will be sung of for ages to come.
Expected Elements: Lot of action and combat, like, a shit ton of it.  Lots of interaction with major lore characters.  Heroic and epic battles and accomplishments.  The chance to play out an actual ingame raid through writing.
Additional Notes: Every Champion will be contacted in some way by the Wyrmrest Accord, informed of the plan, and asked to immediately head for the Dragonblight.  Then we'll time jump to the siege of Wyrmrest Temple, and that's where the meat of the RP will take place.  There will be breathers between the "boss battles," so there will be time for the Champions to get to know each other, have conflicts, form relationships, and enjoy some sexiness!  The tone will be very heroic and epic, and I'll be a little lax on what I consider "over the top" just for that reason ;)

"Capital Offense"
Location: Stormwind or Orgrimmar, depends on player preference.
Time: Immediately before the Cataclysm.  The Cataclysm will start and take place during the RP.  Chance of Deathwing: 100%
Summary: A group of adventurers, including the Champions, infiltrate and assault the enemy capital.  They hope to catch them off guard in the wake of the Elemental Invasion.  As expected, there is resistance, both from the soldiers within the capital, as well as the Champions who find their faction capital under attack.  What is not expected is the sudden onset of the Cataclysm.  Starting with earthquakes, and then progressing to the appearance of Deathwing himself, the Champions must deal with increasing dangers, both from their enemies and from the world itself.
Expected Elements: Stealth and intrigue, action and combat, possible interaction with major lore characters, DEATHWING, survival aspects, animosity between Champions (will they keep fighting each other after Deathwing shows up?), elements of escape survival are also likely.
Additional Notes: The objective of the invaders is up to them.  Are they trying to assassinate Thrall/Varian/someone else?  Are they just trying to cause as much damage as possible, or could it be something more specific?  I encourage those with Champions of the same faction to discuss this amongst themselves.  The defenders, obviously, would have to be present in their respective capital at the start of the RP, for whatever reason.

Posting

• Obviously, the more frequently you can post, the better.  However, there will be no predetermined order or speed to posting.
  • If you are waiting on someone to post, be (politely) vocal about it.  Post in OOC or shoot them a PM so we can avoid misunderstandings.
  • If someone who's expected to post does not post in three days, or if the entire IC thread goes silent for three days, I'll shoot you a PM to see what's up.
  • Real life, curse its name, happens.  If you know you're going to be unable to post for a time, or you no longer want or are unable to be in the game, please let me know ASAP.  The sooner the better, so we can arrange for what happens to your Champion.
  • If someone goes completely dark -- doesn't post in IC, OOC, and doesn't respond to PMs, I will take over their Champion after 1 week.  They'll probably be killed off.  So the lesson is, please don't go silent.  Think of the Champions!
  • Once again, if you have any questions, please ask me.  I love seeing that red new message text at the top of the screen!

Other Notes
  • This game is set in the Warcraft universe, and only the Warcraft universe.  No crossovers please.
  • Be creative!  Or not!  Whatever!
  • If you have any questions like "Who's this Garrosh Hellscream fella QM keeps bringing up?" or "How do I pick the right type of enriched soil for my lawn?", feel free to PM me.  I know way too much about WoW for my own good.  Please, validate my knowledge!
  • Feel free to use your characters from WoW, if you feel so inclined.
  • Did I mention cookies?  Because, uh, there will be cookies.  Yeah.  Chocolate chip, peanut butter, mint...  Totally.

Game Links[/b]
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Champion Thread

Helpful Links

Wowpedia - The go to source for all things WoW.  A great website to brush up on lore or explore the rich universe.
Warcraft Unofficial Timeline - One of my favorite tools when exploring the Warcraft mythos.  It's very comprehensive.  For reference, all of the plots take place in the year 34.
Wowhead - A complete and thorough database for the game.  Looking for some cool armor for your character?  Go no further: Wowhead has every weapon, item, and piece of armor in the game, and pictures for nearly all of them.
Warcraft Fan Art - I've used this gallery, regularly updated by Blizzard, for numerous character, mount, and weapon concepts.  The pictures are also really pretty.  @_@

Champion Profile
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Titles[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Class[/b]: (Not restricted by in-game classes.  Battlemage, Necromancer, Marksman, etc. are all valid, as long as they make sense.)
[b]Specialization[/b]: (What is your character particularly good at?  Examples: Fire.  Elemental Summoner.  Two handed swords.  Rifles.  Stealth. etc.)
[b]Spells[/b]: (If your character has unique or defining spells that are worth mentioning, describe them here!)
[b]Talents/Professions[/b]: (These are things you're character is good at that don't involve combat.  Examples: Inscription.  Gryphon Riding.  Jewelcrafting. etc.)
[b]Main Faction[/b]: (Your main faction.  Horde, Alliance, or maybe something else?)
[b]Secondary Faction(s)[/b]: (Factions within or alongside your main faction.  Examples: Argent Crusade.  Explorer's League.  Sylvanas' Dark Rangers.  Dalaran.  Knights of the Ebon Blade. etc.)
[b]Status with your Main Faction[/b]: (How does your main faction at large see you?  Are you a Champion of the Horde?  A fugitive of Stormwind?  A nobody?)
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History[/b]:
[b]Sexual Experience[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Racial Affections[/b]: (What races does your character admire?)
[b]Racial Hatreds[/b]: (What races would your character see exterminated, warred upon, or otherwise hated?)
[b]Armor[/b]:  (A picture or a link to a WoW character can work, as well as a simple text description)
[b]Weapon[/b]: (Same as above.  Be creative, maybe give it a name or some backstory)
[b]Mount[/b]:  (Optional)
[b]Other Equipment[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Notable Traits[/b]: (Think tattoos, scars, noticeable marks, etc.)
[b]Casual Clothing[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Plot Preference[/b]: (Which plots would you like to do?  Why?)
[img]INSERT PICTURE URL HERE[/img]

Joslyn

I'm definitely interested in this game, even if things are a little vague at this point.  :P I've always wanted the chance to RP my WoW character in more detail. I'm not sure if you intend to keep to the nuts and bolts of what characters can do in the game, but since Sel is disc/shadow I figure I would describe her abilities along those lines if writing a post about combat.

Looking forward to hearing what you think, also hope the background isn't too long.  ;)

---

Name: Selistria Dawnfire
Titles: Doctor (Horde Trauma), Captain (Argent Crusade)
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Priestess
Specialization: Discipline, Shadow
Spells/Skills: Spells of protection and healing, treating diseases, offensive shadow magic.
Talents/Professions: Tailoring, Enchanting, First Aid
Main Faction: Horde, Horde Trauma
Secondary Faction(s): Argent Crusade
Status with your Main Faction: In good standing with the Horde, has fought extensively against the Scourge and the Alliance.

Personality:

Selistria is intelligent and thoughtful, mostly lacking in the haughtiness her people are known for. She is shy in casual settings, but in more structured situations with a definite goal or chain of command she is confident and can handle a leadership role. As a healer she is determined and compassionate. She holds the Light in very high regard, but is not really worshipful in a religious sense. Despite her dislike of violence she is a skilled combat medic and has substantial experience in the field.

Her interests include philosophy, history, magic, technology, combat tactics, and flying. However, she does not take very much time for herself away from her duties. She is very passionate about saving lives and has zero tolerance for harming noncombatants—despite her support for the Forsaken she is critical of their military atrocities. Selistria does not hold any true malice toward the Alliance, but she is mistrustful of them and steadfast in protecting the Horde. While she would prefer peace with the Alliance, it would have to be on terms that were favorable to the security and prosperity of the Horde.

Though she has very rarely admitted it, she is ashamed and frightened of her people’s exposure to fel magic. She also dislikes the oppressive and arrogant governance of her people. Often times, she feels stressed by the demands of her work and saddened by all the suffering and bloodshed around her.

History:

Selistria—along with her younger twin Talianda—was born to the mage Miradella Dawnfire, at the time an instructor at the Duskwither Spire in the Eversong Forest. Miradella’s husband was a sailor aboard an elven destroyer which was lost at sea with all hands a month before the twins were born. The twins also had two older brothers, Terric and Belsudar.

Miradella continued teaching as she could while she raised her children. Terric and Bel were both much older than the girls, and left home to serve on a destroyer as their father had. Growing up the twins were a lot alike—both very intelligent and willful, but precocious compared to other children their age. “Tria” as she was called then was a bit more introverted and studious, while Talia was outgoing.

At age nine, Selistria upset her mother by declaring she wanted to learn healing magic as a priestess instead of following arcane pursuits. Almost all the Dawnfires had been mages going back generations, making the elder twin a bit of black sheep to the extended family. Talianda at least was eager to become an apprentice mage, so Miradella ultimately relented and allowed Selistria to pursue her unusual interests.

Selistria threw herself into studying the Light, though her approach was more academic than religious—and the time she spent reading and meditating went far beyond the simple classes intended for children her age. It was very unusual when she cast her first healing spell at only twelve years old, putting her far ahead of the other children.

But not long after this the Scourge invasion of Quel’Thalas began. Near the end of the battle, the Duskwither Spire was cut off from Silvermoon. Miradella opened a portal to the capital and insisted her daughters retreat through it. However, there were wounded elven soldiers arriving at the Spire and Selistria refused, insisting that she had to treat them. Talianda left alone, as Miradella felt compelled to stay with the daughter who was obviously in greater danger.

Selistria was put under terrible strain attempting triage of the wounded using only her feeble magic and enchanted bandages and antitoxins. The Scourge laid seige to the floating Spire and eventually overcame the defenders. Miradella used her magic to help Selistria and a number of survivors escape, but the elven mage was slain by the invaders before she could also get away.

Though Selistria and Talianda were reunited during the escape from Silvermoon, their relationship remained strained for a long time—Talianda felt guilty that she had fled early, while Selistria blamed herself for her mother’s death. Their feelings lead to denial, anger, and bitter arguments.

In the aftermath of the Sunwell’s corruption, Selistria was left suffering from her race’s addiction to magic. Like other Blood Elves, she was exposed to fel magic and her once blue eyes turned green.

When the elves retook Silvermoon, the sisters were reunited with their two older brothers. This seemingly fortuitous event turned tragic when, in the space of a couple months, first Terric and then Belsudar succumbed to their addictions and became Wretched. Everyone around the sisters became convinced that they would be next. Extremely distraught and isolated, Selistria became depressed and paranoid. She went into hiding and tried to stop consuming magic. Talianda found her and convinced her it was less risky to consume magic in moderate amounts as she had been, and helped her older sister to get past her grief and irrational fears.

Selistria recovered, and when Silvermoon joined with the Horde she was one of the first elves to be accepted into Horde Trauma. During this time she learned that her mother was now one of the Forsaken. Miradella was different in many ways, but mother and daughters were reunited and have tried to be a family again. Her mother’s condition caused Selistria to become very concerned with the plight of the Forsaken.

At the age of nineteen the inexperienced elven priestess went to the icy north to tend to those wounded in the fight against the Lich King and the Scourge. Horde Trauma took many unnecessary casualties in Ice Crown due to insufficient protection from the Horde’s military, which seemed more interested in fighting the Alliance than the actual reason for the northern campaign.

In disgust, Selistria took a leave of absence from Horde Trauma and joined the Argent Crusade. There she learned how to be a soldier and participated in the Argent Tournament. She also met the death knight Katrella, who would become a close friend. But eventually, the elf found the neutrality of the Crusade to be too confining—she had family both among the Blood Elves and the Forsaken and could not sit idly by when the Alliance formally declared war on the Horde. Selistria returned to Horde Trauma less than a year before the Cataclysm shook Azeroth to its core. She is on good terms with the Argent Crusade and still works with them on occasion.

Sexual Experience: Due to her shyness and hectic schedule, Selistria is still a virgin. She is bisexual but tends to be more attracted to other women.
Racial Affections: Selistria has family among the Blood Elves and Forsaken and is most concerned with them despite recognizing their flaws. More generally, she is concerned for all intelligent beings capable of good.
Racial Hatreds: Selistria is adamantly against demons and the Scourge, but she pities them more than she hates them.
Armor:  See picture below
Weapon: Her trusty spellblade and wand, powerful items but far from unique.
Mount:  An Argent Hippogryph named “Bitey.” He is more well-behaved now than when he was named.
Other Equipment: Food and medical supplies, survival gear.
Appearance: Selistria is a delicate and slender elf with pale skin and dark hair.
Notable Traits: Her one fashion accessory is a pair of ruby earrings that were a gift from her mother. She has a few barely noticeable scars on her body from war wounds, but nothing that would be visible while she is fully clothed.
Casual Clothing: Selistria does not spend much time around others off-duty, but if she does she wears typical Blood Elf fashions.
Plot Preference: I like a good mix of character moments, intrigue, action, sexiness—basically everything. “Peace Summit” sounds most interesting to me just going by names.

Selistria and Bitey at the Argent Tournament in Icecrown

MzHyde

Name:Wessly Breechbolt
Titles:Brewmaster, Professor
Race: Goblin
Class: Battle Engineer
Specialization: Rifle, Traps, Gizmos, Explosives, Tinkering, Repairing, Demolishing
Spells/Skills: Most non-pet Hunter skills and Engineering devices
Talents/Professions: Engineering, Brewing, Drunken Carousing
Main Faction: Horde
Secondary Faction(s):Bilgewater Cartel, The Reliquary

Status with your Main Faction: Wessly is viewed as a young prodigy and one of the Engineering geniuses of her time. She invented the prototype for the Goblin Jumper Cables using nothing more than an electrical main, car antenna, and test Orc named Sooty. Also the inventor of other well-known gadgets like Goblin Grenades, Goblin Rocket Launcher, and was on the design team for Town-In-A-Box.

Personality: Fiery is a good way to describe her. Actually, 'fiery' is a good way to describe anything happening around Wessly. She's always full of energy no matter what she's doing; from inventing or working on projects, to fighting off the Alliance, to having a pint at the nearest tavern. Fun to be around as long as your reflexes are sharp enough to dodge any wayward shrapnel or explosions.

History: Born in Kezan and currently living in Orgrimmar, Wessly's seen a lot of action. She's been there through the war against the Lich King, traveled to Northrend to fight, and even done her share of battling against the Alliance. She's always been an industrious and hard-working gal and especially clever, even by Goblin standards. While much of her time has been devoted to honing her Engineering skills, she also took up the mantle of a Hunter for a time - without a real pet. Too messy, she said. "If I wanted to clean up after something I wouldn't have put grandma in that home," she said. So while out in the fields she's had to rely on her quick wits and explosive gadgetry to keep herself alive. Wessly spent much of the war against the Lich King in Northrend. Once she reached Icecrown she spent the rest of the war on Orgrim's Hammer, keeping her guns firing and her engines running.

Sexual Experience: Lots. The girl knows how to have a good time and let's just say that with Wessly, the more the merrier.
Racial Affections: Orcs, Trolls, Tauren
Racial Hatreds: Gnomes
Armor:  Her gear changes as her needs change, but she's always wearing something light. Cloth, leather, or mail. Never seen without her Engineering goggles.
Weapon: A scoped rifle, a pocket pistol, and enough explosives to qualify her as a militia.
Mount:  Mechano-Hog Custom ZX for land and a Turbo-Charged Flying Machine for air. Both callable with a special remote!

Appearance: Short, like any Goblin. Bright red hair and brilliant gold eyes. Attractive facial features by any standard. Her body is surprisingly curvy for a Goblin. She's not over-proportioned, but her chest is certainly large for a Goblin. Cute little heart-shaped posterior, too. If you don't mind your girls knee high then Wessly is pretty damned easy on the eyes. She likes to dress to show off when she can, happy to put a little cleavage on display. More often than not though, you'll catch her in a tanktop and leather pants and boots, everything spattered with grease or some such mess. Nobody said Engineering was a clean job. Her hair is usually kept out of the way in a ponytail, or styled up into a fauxhawk - it depends on how wild she's feeling. As far as piercings go, she has one hoop in each ear, and one nipple pierced.

Notable Traits: No scars, which is astounding considering how close she works with explosives!
Plot Preference: Any!

Question Mark

I'm glad to see such a quick response!  Wessly and Selistria are definitely accepted.

Some clarification on spells/abilities/etc.: When I RP in a universe based off of a video game, I like to play quick and loose with the game mechanics.  In other words, common sense trumps mechanics.  Not all mages can cast a frostfire bolt, nor would every hunter have a pet.  When it comes to deciding what kind of skills, things, spells, etc. your Champion should possess, look to their history and their past experiences for help.  Game mechanics should be viewed more like guidelines, not hard rules.  If you're not sure about something, just ask me and I'll clear it up ASAP.

arkhos

Name: Menthus Tiberus
Titles: Vindicator (a low rank equivalent within the Crusade)
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Specialization: Sword & Board. 2-handed swords. Defending others.
Spells/Skills: Minor healing abilities, protective spells, damage absorption, damage redirection (From friend onto himself)
Talents/Professions: Riding (nearly any mount), Weaponsmithing
Main Faction: Primarily Alliance, though he actually has been seen in the company of Horde members from time to time for various reasons.
Secondary Faction(s): Argent Crusade (Particularly reverent towards the teachings/words of the Knights of the Silver Hand)
Status with your Main Faction: Thought of as something of a 'rebel'. Many of his superiors deride him for showing ANY sort of mercy for members of the Horde, but Menthus prefers to judge each person on his or her own merits - regardless of what side of the fence they sit on. However, this holds him back from rising through the ranks - and he is perfectly content with that.
Personality: Quiet, determined, dedicated to whatever 'cause' he is currently pursuing. Rarely shows anger or rage except during combat. Loyal to those who have earned his trust, willing to give his life for those whom he loves or values deeply. Though most people assume paladins seek to help others in general, Menthus has a secret passion to aid others in distress.
History: Menthus began life as an orphan. His father disappeared when his mother announced her pregnancy with the child, and out of grief, his mother passed away shortly after his birth. He was raised by the church, and his earliest memories are of sparring with practice weapons and shields. He grew fast, strong, and obedient. However, over the years, he harbored a reluctance and resentment for how the Alliance treated some members of the horde. He views the Horde as a people much like those in the Alliance - a people who simply express themselves differently. He great respects people who in turn respect others - regardless of affiliation or race.

He often travels alone, for other members of the Argent Crusade consider his company 'bad luck'. Many do not wish to be seen as 'divergent' from the Argent Crusade's believes, simply by associating with him. He doesn't know of anyone who outright hates him, but there are many to ridicule him for associating with 'heathens/savages' (i.e. Horde members), and a few higher-ups in the Crusade who openly lobby to keep him at a low rank. In fact, some of his closest allies are Horde members, such as Harkan Windtotem, a Tauren warrior.

In recent years, he harbored a deep crush on a fellow draenei paladin named Clairette, with whom he was good friends with. She did not care if people thought ill of her for being seen with the human, and didn't fear her reputation being affected because of it. Before he was able to confess his attraction to her, she was sent away on assignment, and never heard from again. He's assumed she is dead, but because of her he's developed a stronger attraction to draenei females than most. He grieved for her, but will never forget her.

Sexual Experience: Experienced. Contrary to popular belief, being a paladin does not require celibacy - at least not in his book. He enjoys women (only), when the opportunity presents itself, without reservation.
Racial Affections: Draenei, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Humans, Orcs, Tauren, Dwarves.
Racial Hatreds: Undead. Though, again, for the right reasons, he can -tolerate- undead if necessary.
Appearance: 6'6" tall, Menthus is a beast of a human, strongly muscled and well-defined. He has short black hair and a stern gaze, though he does smile often when given reason to. He bears various scars, most of them from taking blows meant for those he was protecting, and he views scars as 'sexy', rather than repulsive. He has one particularly wicked scar running from the middle of his left shoulder blade, down his back towards his belt-line. Deep blue eyes are sharp and observant, and his face is almost always clean-shaven. He wears platemail and lugs around a long-blade, a two-handed blade, and a shield as his personal arsenal. He owns a black griffon (or horse, if griffon not allowed) named "Midnight".
Plot Preferences: Any that involve bits of intrigue, action, and of course sexiness
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Question Mark

Definitely accepted, ark.  Good to have an Alliance on board.

That makes 3 accepted Champions and one pending.  We're still looking for one or two more players, and then I'll go a bit more in depth with the plots.

Star Safyre

Just wanted to pop in and give QuestionMark props as a wonderfully cooperative, flexible, and talented GM.  Though I'm too overrun at the moment to participate myself, just know that those of you thinking of joining are sure to enjoy a good quality game.

* Star Safyre stamps "Star Approved"!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Question Mark

TheVillain

Well, I suppose if he gets such a glowing review. . .

[I haven't played WoW since about a month after BC came out, just to warn.]

Name: Boz

Titles: Thief and Smuggler, though he has overheard Dragons call him a 'cave whelpling'. Weird.

Race: Human

Class: Spellthief

Specialization: Teleportation, Theft, and Arcane Knowledge.

Spells: Boz's individual magical spell-casting, directly damaging spells, and mana recovery are actually only about on par with an advanced student in a Mage Academy. For Boz, he learned to perfect his magical skills through self-taught lessons and mostly among his fellow thieves. Among his skills worth nothing -

Teleportation - While the ability to Blink is a standard mage spell, Boz has taken it to a whole new level. Most Mages can only blink themselves and their clothes 20 yards straight forward- while as long as he has the mana for it, Boz can Blink to anywhere he can clearly mentally picture within 50 yards in any direction including straight up. He can also Blink any object that he can carry with one hand from anywhere in visual acuity range to anywhere else in visual acuity range as long as the total distance travelled is 50 yards or less. He can and has used this to do things such as pluck arrows out of the air, steal gemstones, or if he's feeling particularly nasty teleport objects into opponents. His longer range Teleportation and Portal spells aren't just instant casts but they aren't even limited to major cities. Boz can Teleport or establish a Portal to anywhere within a few miles or anywhere that Ley Lines meet at, which is a list that includes every city, town, or area of significant magical importance. Distances greater then 50 years are always possible but always require at least a Rune of Teleportation. He can get two or three uses per Rune of Teleportation though the Rune of Portals still burn as normal.

Spelltheft - While Boz's own spell-casting and mana recovery are only about on par with an older mage academy student, Boz has developed the ability to steal Magic. He may regenerate his own mana fairly slowly but he can refill his own mana by stealing it from other magic and mana users within visual acuity range. He can also steal positive spell effects, which he calls 'buffs', or negative spell effects, which he calls 'debuffs', and put them in himself or others. How close he has to be to steal the spell depends on the spell level and type of enchantment. A Novice's Arcane Brilliance can be done just if he's close enough to steal mana from them. An Archmage's Mage Ward he has to get close enough to physically touch the Archmage. He has been able to use this to move around Curses from Warlocks and has been known to temporarily disable magical defences by stealing the magical energy powering them.

Talents/Professions: Boz is an accomplished thief, and while much of his success can be attributed to his magical prowess he still can pick locks, disable traps, and pull heists like other professional thieves if not quite as well. He also has studied magic and arcane lore surprisingly deeply and has a knowledge of magic that is definitely at least on par with a graduate of a mage academy. His eye for the magical and arcane is rather advanced as well. Essentially he's a Mage that thinks like a Thief.

Main Faction: Technically the Alliance, though only in the sense that he does want the Humans to come out of this war with a bit of an edge.

Secondary Faction(s): Booty Bay, Ratchet, the Consortium, the Keepers of Time

Status with your Main Faction: Wanted Criminal, though with his skills the Alliance has cut deals in the past. War does things like that.

Personality: The Mage that thinks like a Thief. Usually has an eye open to how he can benefit and is a huge opportunist. Still, Magic is one of his interests and he studies that intensely. Has a surprising soft spot for Orphans, even known to donate to Horde Orphanages in a pinch. Not much for combat in the sense that he finds the job is best done if he's long gone before anyone notices he's there. Thinks the War is pretty much a waste of energy but not bad for business.

History: Secrets abound, that's a Law of the Universe. In more peaceful times a lot of resources were spent to try to uncover these secrets. The ill-fated Project: Bronze would be known as a time when these secrets stayed hidden. You can't find records of what officially happened. Almost 200 years ago a joint Drawven-Gnomish-Human research project working on an artifact kept in Stormwind Castle was undertaken, and after some progress was made the entire team disappeared in a flash of light save for a few guards that were stationed at the mouth hidden castle chambers. Not one member of the team was ever seen again.

Boz remembers things only a little differently. The son of two research mages, he was with his parents and only a young child when the disappearances started. It didn't take long after they began- a gnome here, a dwarf there. About a day into the disappearances the leaders of the team finally started to take it seriously when Boz's parents vanished in front of Boz's eyes and a dozen other witnesses. Not that it mattered- by the time the group made it too the ground level of the castle the disappearances had left only a handful. Boz remembers everyone else disappearing at once when he stepped out of the Castle into the night, a 12 year old. When found by a ring of thieves he discovered that to the outside world almost 200 years had passed between when he entered the Castle and when he left. Fortunately a few of the thieves took pity on the penniless orphan, his parents seemingly taken by time itself, and tried to raise him as one of their own.

That was about a decade ago. Now known as Boz, he prides himself as 'The World's First Spellthief'. Blending the magical lessons of his birth parents with the thievery skills of his adopted parents, he's making a name for himself in certain circles- and since the war broke out the Alliance has used those skills more then once. And maybe, they will again.

Sexual Experience: Experienced. The War feels like something he doesn't really belong too, so he doesn't really show much of a racial preference either. Will boast when drunk that he's banged women of every major race except the undead. He may be lying about that last part.

Racial Affections: A slight preference for Humans but honestly he's from a time before the major racial tensions of the present.

Racial Hatreds: None. The War is something he doesn't feel he belongs to. He does hesitate around Undead and Gnomes in sexual situations, for obvious reasons.

Armor:  Light armor with dark colors, otherwise he'll adapt to what he needs.

Weapon: Boz's weapons of choice are Daggers. Easy to Blink, easy to use, and easy to transport. Usually prefers magical ones so that he can steal energy or 'buffs' from them. Beyond that doesn't really have much of a preference.

Mount:  None. With his teleportation abilities he doesn't really see a need.

Other Equipment: Is a fan of pocket books and guides, and keeps his lock-picks in tip-top shape. Keeps a bag of teleport and portal runes around as well.

Appearance: Boz stands at 5'10". Built for Agility and Speed over all else, he doesn't swing with much power but he can swing in directions you may not of expected. He tends to dress in dark colors with dark brown hair and blue eyes. Usually seen smiling like a trickster god whose in on a joke. Considered not bad, for a human, with magical hands in multiple senses of the word.

Plot Preference: No preference, I'm easy. Might want to work in something with his missing parents though. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Aiden

Name: High Warlord Gorejaw Redaxe
Titles:
High Warlord
Conqueror
Light of Dawn
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior turned Blademaster
Specialization: Combat, Leadership, Diplomacy, Infiltration
Spells/Skills:
Mirror Image- Can make multiples copies of himself, used as a confusion/fear tactic.
Wind walk- Can vanish into thin air and move and blinding speeds, can follow it up with a devastating attack.
Bladestorm- A storm of steel and death, none have seen one up close and lived to tell
Talents/Professions: Dragonriding, Miner/blacksmith
Main Faction:  Horde
Secondary Faction(s):
Warsong Offensive
Warsong Outriders
Forsaken Defilers
Frostwolf clan
Status with your Main Faction: Highly respected by warriors, distrusted by the younger ones under the new leadership despite being born from the warsong clan.
Personality: Disturbingly calm, wise and mild tempered (when not in combat). Highly disciplined and respectful to those who return it. Commanding and frightening in combat a true orc who excels in the battlefield and has the scars,legend and songs to prove it.
History:
Gorejaw is among the first generation of the new horde, the first children born free from the lethargy and demon corruption their ancestors have been forced to endure. But these new generations are torn between old inherited hatreds and a new world that can not let go of the past. The young orc was taught personally by Varok Saurfang after he was able to match his other teachers in combat at a young age. Schooled by shamans, taught about the spirits and their blessings and hardened in combat by the High Overlord himself the young brash Gorejaw became an orc of honor and knowledge well beyond his years.

His skill in combat began in the warsong gulch and Arathi Basin, securing the highly needed supplies for the growing city and its people. He rose through the ranks quickly, proving himself in combat and when Thrall's personal clan came under fire by the stormpike league he answered the call and fought where he learned the path of the Blademaster by Captain Galvanger of the frostwolf clan himself. The young man spent two winters before the battle came to a stalemate but the death of Captain Galvenger affected him deeply and came out with a hatred for the alliance.

Upon his return he was recruited into the Kolkron guard and fought along side his mentor Varok in the war of the shifting sands before he was dispatched to Northrend. It took years of brutal warfare in frigid climates to make the man make sense of who he was. There was nothing wrong in battle but hate lead to a vicious cycle that never broke, a lesson he learned as he saw his role model carry his dead son away from the citadel. Few know that it was another combination effort of both horde and alliance forces to finally end the reign of the Lich King, many respected one another and saw each other as family after that event. Returning home for the veteran blademaster had left much to take into consideration. The old hatreds continue to exist on Azeroth and with talks of the son of Grom Hellscream becoming new warchief, Gorejaw finds himself uncertain that a hot headed war monger like Garrosh is ready to take over during Thrall's absence.

Like many who returned, none where given time off, the horde never took vacations but he was one of the lucky ones to return back home and not be left in Northrend as part of the skeletal crew to keep their watch on the few resources they did acquire in the cold wastelands. To keep his body and mind keen he has begun to enter the gladiator games that have been growing in popularity in the time the real men went to war and the children where left home to play.

Racial Affections: Humans- Many can be quite inspiring individuals, Draneai- Long history with this race, is amazed to see how forgiving most can be.  Tuaren- Noble and honorable people, some of his best friends come from the various "hoof" clans.
Racial Hatreds: Goblins- Loathes their greedy immoral ways. Gnomes- Dislikes their fascination with the arcane arts, far more noticeable then other races.
Sexual Experience: Experienced, love on the battlefield was not common but sometimes the best way to stay warm in the bone chilling cold was to take a mate. Human, orc, Dranaei, Troll, etc (does not discriminate)
Armor:  Wears light armor to keep him swift in battle, wears coat in times of intense cold. Carries a Warsong Sashimono at all times. Attire normally consists of leather pants, a steel plated belt and boots, gauntlets and shoulder guard.

Weapon:

Culling song Attained as a gift from Captain Galvanger before his death, the weapon has never been out of his sight.
The  blade is the result of a blend of multiple alloys and metals. When swung it makes makes a distinct sound many have described like a wyvern's screech. Much like Hellscream, it announced death on the battlefield and has spilled unmeasurable amounts of blood. The blade is Gorejaw's honor, pride and joy in one and he can be found sharpening or caring for it like a mother would a child.

Mount:
Onyxsteel

Other Equipment:A blood stained tabard of the Silverhand given to him by an  fallen (alliance) comrade which he keeps in his personal possessions at all times until he can find the son he swore to deliver it to.
Appearance: (See picture)

Notable Traits: Multiple scars across his body, mostly chest. The Warsong "grin" on his left arm, the Horde symbol on the right. A pair of blue eyes, a very rare trait among orcs.
Casual Clothing: (Optional)

This is my old sheet for the original game, it will be changed to fit this setting but need a little more detail from Question Mark, first.

If this is going to focus around the Argent Dawn, I will make Gorejaw the Kolkron Ambassador from the Horde.

Aiden

Question mark when you decide on a starting point/place can you announce it?

I need to tweak my character info.

The last game began right before the events in the WoW Expansion cataclysm began, I just want to make sure how much more history to add/edit and change.

MzHyde

Dibs on the beefy Orc. We'll change his mind about Goblins alright.

Joslyn

Quote from: MzHyde on June 18, 2012, 05:27:05 PM
Dibs on the beefy Orc. We'll change his mind about Goblins alright.

Wessly looks so damn cute in that pic, who could resist?  ;D  ;) Though the size difference might cause issues.  :o

Diingo

Name: Tukk Thornbane
Titles: Wolf-Master (Due to his exceptional skills in breeding combat wolfs)
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior
Specialization: Two-handed axes and dual-wielding axes.
Spells: (If your character has unique or defining spells that are worth mentioning, describe them here!)
Talents/Professions: Wolf breeding, blacksmithing
Main Faction: The Horde
Secondary Faction(s): The Argent Crusade (Not very big reputation, however).
Status with your Main Faction: Many view Tukk with suspicion (More in history) but they all know him for his courage and his unwavering loyalty to the Horde.
Personality: Many believes that Tukk is rude, unfriendly and brutal when they first meet him. He speaks in short sentences and can be incredibly rude to people he just met. But in fact, he is a warm, kind Orc who have troubles opening up. After getting to know him, he is quite humorous, kind and warm hearted.

History: Will do his history in the various expansions etc.

Tukk was born into the Warsong Clan during the Third War. He escaped the prison camps together with his warchief, Grom Hellscream, and as they escaped the human patrols or engaged them, Tukk grew to become a warrior seldom seen. When he entered adulthood, he was brought in front of Hellscream and he quickly formed a bond with the warchief, a bond of loyalty. When the Warsong Clan joined with Thrall, he followed Grom's orders and heeded little attention to the words of Thrall. But, when Mannaroth came and once again his warchief failed to resist the calling of the demon blood, he abandoned his clan and fought together with Thrall's Horde to put an end to the invasion of the Burning Legion.

After the Third War was finished and the Burning Legion vanquished from Azeroth, Tukk settled down in Durotar with a wife, Krilla and started breeding wolves for the armies of the Horde. He was rewarded with the title of Wolf-master, both as a token of respect for his combat abilities on his mount's back and the strong wolves he produced for the horde.

Some time before the invasion of Outlands, Tukk was stationed in the Barrens. It was there he received his second name, Thornbane. Due to his aggressive nature and his complete hatred for the Quillboars who had tormented the Orcs of Durotar and the Barrens for so long, he was always at the front of every major encounter with this despicable race. He was wounded several times during these encounters, but he was always on his feet the next day, swinging his axe Tusksplinter during the ranks of the Quillboar. It was after such a particular battle that Tukk's wife, Krilla, fell to the blade of a Quillboar.

After restoring a fragile situation in the Barrens, Tukk returned to Orgrimmar, waiting for the return of Thrall who should be arriving shortly from Outlands. When Thrall did arrive, Tukk was standing before the son of Grom Hellscream, Garrosh. Reminded by his broken loyalty to Grom, he approached Garrosh and begged for his forgiveness. Garrosh did not forgive him and sent him away.

Needless to say, Tukk's pride was hurt and he did all in his might to restore it. He was among the first to fight in Northrend after the Scourge invasion and despite his love and respect for the offspring of his true warchief, he tended to follow Thrall's leadership. He knew that the Horde and the Alliance somehow needed each other to prevail against the forces of the scourge. He spent a lot of time with the Argent Crusade in Northrend and he had many companions (and lovers) from the Alliance. He returned to Orgrimmar with honor and now waits for his next adventure.

Sexual Experience: Tukk has had a lot of experience. During his early years he was very adventurous, both with consensual partners and non-cons (captives). After his wife, he didn't do much until he went to Northrend, were the warmth of another person's body was sometimes what kept him from death's chilly embrace (if you know what I mean ;) )
Racial Affections: Human, Worgen, Orc, Tauren, Night Elf, Blood Elf, Undead, Troll, Goblin, Gnome
Racial Hatreds: Doesn't feel any particular hate towards anyone at this point of his life.
ArmorUsually what he wears.
Weapon: http://www.deviantart.com/download/200276535/gift_of_gorehowl_by_arsenal21-d3b8md3.jpg It's name is Tusksplinter. It was not his first weapon, not by far. Tusksplinter has been a legend falling into dwelling after it disappeared during an Orcish raid of the dens of Razorfen Kraul. It was renowned as the weapon of Torak Ironeye, the blood crazed warrior who lead the siege on the dens of the Quillboars. Tukk came across it during a raid on one of their ritual places, taking it and washing away all the grime and filth the Quillboars had covered it with. The spikes on the back of the head is actually made out of the tusks from famous Quillboar leaders and Quillboars hate the name Tusksplinter.
Mount: His black war wolf, Blackfang and (if flying mounts, if not.. well, yeah) his wyvern Swiftwind
Other Equipment: A standard, orcish axe and shield. Some medical supplies (bandages).
Appearance: He is a rugged warrior with a fearsome (yet handsome for an orc) appearance. He is standing at 6'3 and has a muscular body with well-defined, rippled muscles. Not obscenely big, he is build for strength and agility. He is
Notable Traits: His body his covered with scars. However, mostly on the front. Tukk is the kind of warrior who never turns his back to an enemy, he charges right on.
Casual Clothing: (Optional)
Plot Preference: I would say any of them, although Peace Summit seems like the most interesting.
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/fanart/#990

EDIT: If not possible, I could make another char (male/female) to even out. Saw that someone managed to post their Orc before mine =)

MzHyde

Quote from: Joslyn on June 18, 2012, 06:06:48 PM
Wessly looks so damn cute in that pic, who could resist?  ;D  ;) Though the size difference might cause issues.  :o

It's fun to try though.  >:)

Diingo

I would definitely be interested in that Goblin ;)

Question Mark

Wow, that is definitely something pleasant to come back to!  Diingo, Aiden, and V, all of your Champions are accepted, and have been added to the list.  That brings us up to six confirmed players, one pending via PM, and myself.

I think it's about time we get down to business  >:)

What I will do immediately after finishing this post is lay out each of the six plots in greater detail, now that I've had a few days to work on them a bit (sorry about the initial vagueness!).  This might take a little bit, but once I'm done I'll post them on this thread.  Then, it is up to you to PM me your top two choices for a plot by Wednesday at 18:00 EST.  I encourage you to explain your choices; the more I know about what you like, the better I can adapt the RP to your liking!

Once a plot has been chosen, I'll post my own Champion (which one I use is dependent on which plot we select), and throw up the IC, OOC, and Champion threads.

And from that point, it's up to you.

A couple of notes on posting...

• Obviously, the more frequently you can post, the better.  However, there will be no predetermined order or speed to posting.
  • If you are waiting on someone to post, be (politely) vocal about it.  Post in OOC or shoot them a PM so we can avoid misunderstandings.
  • If someone who's expected to post does not post in three days, or if the entire IC thread goes silent for three days, I'll shoot you a PM to see what's up.
  • Real life, curse its name, happens.  If you know you're going to be unable to post for a time, or you no longer want or are unable to be in the game, please let me know ASAP.  The sooner the better, so we can arrange for what happens to your Champion.
  • If someone goes completely dark -- doesn't post in IC, OOC, and doesn't respond to PMs, I will take over their Champion after 1 week.  They'll probably be killed off.  So the lesson is, please don't go silent.  Think of the Champions!
  • Once again, if you have any questions, please ask me.  I love seeing that red new message text at the top of the screen!

I also copied this into the original post, for convenience.  Cheerio!

Question Mark

Listed below are the plots, with some details.  I've included their strengths, a small summary, and the kinds of themes/elements you'd expect to see.

"The Cylindrical Terrace"
Location: Western edge of Uldum, amongst the mountains separating it from Ahn'Qiraj.
Time: Six weeks after the Cataclysm began.
Summary: After the fall of Al'Akir the Windlord, a group of adventurers are hired by the Alliance, the Horde, or a third party to investigate a peculiar rock formation set into a desert cliff approximately 25 leagues southwest from the Temple of Uldum after an initial expedition went missing.  Their only information is this: there was one survivor, a madwoman that spoke of a Titanic complex full of technological and magical wonders, an infestation of some horrifying nature, and a cool, oppressive mist.  She fled a day after being rescued, never to be seen again.  Their assignment is to explore the complex, gather any useful relics, and eliminate any potential threats.
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, exploration of an ancient ruin, a dash of survival horror, and, for some, a struggle to define what is real, and what is not.
Additional Notes: All that needs to happen is for your Champion to arrive at the ruin at the same time as the rest of the Champions.  The "group of hired adventurers" is just an idea.  Perhaps your Champion followed the others here, or was hired by himself.  Maybe he knew someone in the expedition, and is trying to discover their fate.  Or he could be hunting down another Champion.  I'll take most ideas; just pass them by me first.

"Rising Waters"
Location: The Isle of Dread, a large island south of Feathermoon Stronghold in the Veiled Sea, off the coast of Feralas.
Time: Three days after the Cataclysm.
Summary: Even before the aftershocks of the Cataclysm had subsided, both the Horde and the Alliance moved to defend their holdings and take their enemy's land.  One such strategic zone was a southern port on the Veiled Sea.  The Alliance already had three (Feathermoon, Teldrassil, and Auberdine), while the Horde had only just began construction on their first (Zoram'Gar Outpost).  With Feathermoon flooded, the Horde mounted an offensive on the Alliance in Feralas.  During the battle on the coast, some of the fighting spread to the Isle of Dread, which has also began to sink under the waves.  It is here the Champions will find themselves at the beginning of the game, stranded on a dying island occupied by immense creatures, assaulted by unending storms, and hiding an unknown threat...
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, animosity between Champions (Horde vs. Alliance and all that), wilderness survival, short IC timeframe (probably two days, three at the most), exploration, and the objective to escape from the island.
Additional Notes: How your Champion arrives on the island is your choice.  They were most likely part of the attacking Horde force, or the defending Alliance force.  Perhaps they were exploring and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Peace Summit"
Location: The Argent Crusade fortress town of Hearthglen, set in the northern foothills of the Western Plaguelands.
Time: The day before the Cataclysm.
Summary: Tirion Fordring, now residing in Hearthglen after the defeat of the Lich King, is approached by an Earthen Ring shaman.  She warns of elemental unrest, and a shadow spreading under the earth, the portents of some coming catastrophe.  Wanting to head off the inevitable aggression between the Alliance and Horde in the wake of such an event, Tirion invites ambassadors from the factions and their constituent races to a peace summit.  He plans to warn them of the coming destruction, and to persuade them to agree to a ceasefire if it were to occur.  Not everyone wants peace, however, and hidden forces move to sway this monumental meeting into disaster.  (Oh, and there's also the CATACLYSM)
Expected Elements: Some combat and action, elements of mystery (i.e. uncovering a plot), intrigue, interaction with major lore characters, stealth.
Additional Notes: Champions have four options.  (1) Be a representative sent from their faction/race to attend the summit, (2) be a bodyguard of one such representative, (3) be one of the Argent Crusade guards in attendance, or (4) be present in Hearthglen for some other reason.

"Madness Within"
Location: Anywhere on Azeroth, would be revealed after the game has progressed a bit.
Time: Three days before the Cataclysm.
Summary: All of the Champions are, for some unknown reason, stealthily captured and brought to an unknown location.  Their captors are seemingly mad, raving and threatening.  Despite their apparent insanity, they seem to have a malicious plan for the Champions.  Having been underestimated, the prisoners quickly manage to break their confinement, and now must find a way to escape [REDACTED].  However, there is something else present.  It does not walk the hallways like the madmen, but instead whispers into the minds of the Champions, spreading madness and sowing chaos.  Only by escaping can they retain their sanity and end this threat to the world.
Expected Elements: Lots of action and combat, intrigue and stealth, prisonbreak scenario, some NC (sex or otherwise) if wanted, a struggle against insanity, a struggle to determine what is real and what is not, short IC timeframe (one day, two at most), elements of mystery and discovery (who are their captors, what do they intend, where are we, etc.).
Additional Notes: The RP would start with the kidnapping.  Waking up, breaking out, and other actions following the kidnapping will be performed at your discretion.  Considering the nature of this plot, I'll be communicating with you via PMs when needed.  NC scenarios are possible, but only if you approve it first.  (Note: I'm talking about jailers forcing your Champion to do nonsexual things.  I'm not a fan of NC sex, but NC between Champions is always a possibility).  Your Champion would start with none of their equipment (unless they managed to smuggle or hide something on their person; PM me if you're interested), but would be able to regain their equipment if they find it.

"Dragon Soul"
Location: Dragonblight, Wyrmrest Temple, and other locations visited during the Dragon Soul raid.
Time: Takes place during the events of the Dragon Soul raid.  Approximately two months after the Cataclysm.
Summary: Whether from Hyjal Summit, the Caverns of Time, Stormwind, or Orgrimmar, adventurers were secretly contacted and informed of the Dragon Aspect's daring plan to kill Deathwing.  By obtaining and imbuing the Dragon Soul, they could finish Deathwing off in one mighty blow.  The Twilight's Hammer, the doomsday cult in service to the Destroyer, have learned of the plan and immediately attacked Wyrmrest Temple, hoping to slay the Aspects and recover the Dragon Soul.  The Champions would be the spearhead of the adventurer force arriving to break the siege, take the fight to the Twilight's Hammer, and then slay Deathwing himself in a climactic battle that will be sung of for ages to come.
Expected Elements: Lot of action and combat, like, a shit ton of it.  Lots of interaction with major lore characters.  Heroic and epic battles and accomplishments.  The chance to play out an actual ingame raid through writing.
Additional Notes: Every Champion will be contacted in some way by the Wyrmrest Accord, informed of the plan, and asked to immediately head for the Dragonblight.  Then we'll time jump to the siege of Wyrmrest Temple, and that's where the meat of the RP will take place.  There will be breathers between the "boss battles," so there will be time for the Champions to get to know each other, have conflicts, form relationships, and enjoy some sexiness!  The tone will be very heroic and epic, and I'll be a little lax on what I consider "over the top" just for that reason ;)

"Capital Offense"
Location: Stormwind or Orgrimmar, depends on player preference.
Time: Immediately before the Cataclysm.  The Cataclysm will start and take place during the RP.  Chance of Deathwing: 100%
Summary: A group of adventurers, including the Champions, infiltrate and assault the enemy capital.  They hope to catch them off guard in the wake of the Elemental Invasion.  As expected, there is resistance, both from the soldiers within the capital, as well as the Champions who find their faction capital under attack.  What is not expected is the sudden onset of the Cataclysm.  Starting with earthquakes, and then progressing to the appearance of Deathwing himself, the Champions must deal with increasing dangers, both from their enemies and from the world itself.
Expected Elements: Stealth and intrigue, action and combat, possible interaction with major lore characters, DEATHWING, survival aspects, animosity between Champions (will they keep fighting each other after Deathwing shows up?), elements of escape survival are also likely.
Additional Notes: The objective of the invaders is up to them.  Are they trying to assassinate Thrall/Varian/someone else?  Are they just trying to cause as much damage as possible, or could it be something more specific?  I encourage those with Champions of the same faction to discuss this amongst themselves.  The defenders, obviously, would have to be present in their respective capital at the start of the RP, for whatever reason.

arkhos

Oh boy. Lots of horde characters! :)

QM, I have a horde character in mind, if you'd prefer I switch so we'd have an all-horde party. Just let me know. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

TheVillain

I won't. I like Boz as a human. Besides, he's a criminal who mostly hangs out at Booty Bay anyway- he's only Alliance in a loose technical sense. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

arkhos

Oh shoot V, my bad. I saw the character list and didn't even notice Boz's name cause he didn't have a faction listed next to his name! oops! :)

I am happy to stay Alliance, or offer up a horde char, whatever works best. I love them both. :)

TheVillain

Well, there's a reason for that. Because usually when Boz is serving the Alliance it's more in a 'steal this and we'll wipe this record' sense. :P

Question Mark

Don't worry about it, ark.  My character will also be Alliance.

I've been getting lots of feedback on the plots already.  It seems to be a pretty close tie between three of them...

TheVillain

How exclusive are they? Is there any reason we can't go from one to the next?

Question Mark

Quote from: TheVillain on June 19, 2012, 11:50:20 AM
How exclusive are they? Is there any reason we can't go from one to the next?

No reason...   ^-^