Macabre {Open Recruitment}

Started by Malrunar, September 01, 2022, 10:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malrunar

___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________

-: Wanted Cast Members :-

Human Law Enforcement:- Sheriff, FBI, CIA, Detective, beat cop, etc. etc. We don't have a lot of 'regular' humans.
Vampires from other territories:- Elders, out of state visitors, perhaps rival spies trying to integrate into the area.
Shifters:- Our packs are quite thin! Wolves, especially. It would be interesting to see how the pack communities handle the changes and threats they are now facing.
Demons:- Probably one of the more 'challenging' roles to play, since they can be so many different types. Do they want to stop the exposure? Do they want to aid in speeding it forward? Are they simply here to have a good time? Out of all the species this one is likely going to have the hardest 'push back' if you're planning to play an asshole or villain, but with a lot of communication it could also be a lot of fun!

Malrunar

For centuries, the rules have been simple: Don’t overfeed, clean up after yourself, and keep the Secret. By allowing humans to remain in blissful ignorance, it ensures an abundance of easily accessible food for the predators, as well as the safety and security of routine for the more vulnerable and docile. Each individual is able to live their own lives, a freedom that was savagely fought for by the Elder Council who maintains that stance today. Breaking the first two rules promises severe repercussions, but trying to break the third would mean annihilation for not only the one responsible, but also for all of their associates.

In a fictional, current-day Seattle, these rules are about to be broken.

Cepos Hanif has been the city’s Master Vampire for nearly 200 years. He doesn’t expect much from the local Underground community, only that this figurative ship is well-kept and maintains smooth sailing. He's a man of business, or so he claims, and the shifters and vampires who call Seattle home answer directly to him.

Representatives acting like cells of each race are allowed to manage their own people as they see fit, but when it comes to grievous affairs Cepos acts as judge, jury, and executioner. Yet through the wisdom of his years and a web of contacts and favors that keeps him in power absolute, all of the Master's influences cannot prepare the city for what lurks on the horizon. Strange rumors of the bizarre and impossible have been surfacing- strange even for vampires. Monsters. Spirits. Creatures of brimstone and shadow. While the rumors begin to roll through the city streets, most fail to take heed of the early warnings that something truly horrible is approaching.

Welcome to Macabre! This will be a group game that follows a loose plot-line, meant to put creative minds together that wish to write darker themes about the supernatural and occult. I am looking for inventive players who can maintain a relaxed posting schedule of at least once a week, and who enjoy really putting your heads together with other writers and crafting something as a team.

I tried this group game before and had a fantastic time, but life as usual, got in the way. This 'remake' will have different plot points than the first, will be mostly sandbox but also host available plot driven side stories to keep things interesting and moving forward. Ask away if you have any further questions.

Malrunar

• No OOC drama. We’re all adults here, so let's act like it. Be respectful.
  • Posts should be in third-person point of view.
  • Please post at least once a week.
  • Post length minimum is two full paragraphs.
  • Communicate. If you’re going on vacation, please let us know. If something is bothering you, or if you're confused or just stuck in a creative rut, my PM is always open.
  • All characters are to be at least 18 years of age or older.
  • No godmoding. Get permission before you do anything with anyone else’s character.
  • This game will be put under extreme due to the potential of graphic nature, but things like rape and torture are not allowed in this game.
  • All posts must have appropriate trigger warnings attached if applicable.
  • Do not nag at people to post, do not try to force relationships or associations, but please do consider having connections and relationships with people to keep things fun and interesting.
  • No means No. Always.

Malrunar

Some basic rules for character sheets:

- Completed character sheets are to be sent via PM to BOTH GM's, Malrunar & Rummy Tum Tum, for approval.
- Applicants must use photos of real people, 18 years or older.
- No O.P, god-like characters. I'm all for creative freedom, but let's try to keep it fun for everyone.

»Character Information -

[center][size=12pt]»[i]  Character Name Goes Here  [/i]« [/center]

[float=left][img height=250 padding=10]https://i.imgur.com/34sFYSm.jpg[/img][/float]

[b]Name:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Your character's name (include a nickname if you wish to use one)[/font]

[b]Age:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]For vampires, please indicate how long they've been undead.[/font]

[b]Sexuality:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]What sexuality does your character identify with?[/font]

[b]Race:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Vampire? Shifter? Human? [/font]

[b]Birthplace:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Where are they from?[/font]

[b]Postition/Occupation:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]What rank do they possess, if any? [/font]

[b]Bloodline:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Who is their sire? (Human characters can choose to remove this section if it doesn't apply. The 'Alfa' for the shifters can be included here as well.)[/font]

[b]Personality Traits:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]What is this character like? How is their temperament? Do they have and quirks? What makes this character likable/frustrating? [/font]

[b]Synospsis:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Give us a rundown on your character’s history. [/font]

[b]Special Abilities:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Let’s not go overboard here. I like the idea of allowing unique abilities, especially with vampires. But let us keep this in moderation. All special abilities must be GM approved. Questions? Don’t be shy, just send a PM! Feel free to borrow from the list provided if you need inspiration.[/font]

[b]Weaknesses and Flaws:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]I've always believed that flawed characters were the most interesting! Give us a secret: are they impulsive and rash? Quick to anger? What makes them imperfect?  [/font]

[b]Dirty Deeds:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Please provide a link to your On's and Off's like: [url=http://O/O LINK]THIS[/url][/font]

[b]Notes:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]Include anything here about your character that wasn't covered above, if applicable.[/font]

[center][img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/JiUzRJr.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/Acs15FL.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/bnefSeB.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/Rpih0fK.jpg[/img] [/center]

»  Character Name Goes Here  «

Name:- Your character's name (include a nickname if you wish to use one)

Age:- For vampires, please indicate how long they've been undead.

Sexuality:- What sexuality does your character identify with?

Race:- Vampire? Shifter? Human?

Birthplace:- Where are they from?

Postition/Occupation:- What rank do they possess, if any?

Bloodline/Clan:- Who is their sire? (Human characters can choose to remove this section if it doesn't apply. The 'Alfa' for the shifters can be included here as well.)

Personality Traits:- What is this character like? How is their temperament? Do they have and quirks? What makes this character likable/frustrating?

Synospsis:- Give us a rundown on your character’s history.

Special Abilities:- Let’s not go overboard here. I like the idea of allowing unique abilities, especially with vampires. But let us keep this in moderation. All special abilities must be GM approved. Questions? Don’t be shy, just send a PM! Feel free to borrow from the list provided if you need inspiration.

Weaknesses and Flaws:- I've always believed that flawed characters were the most interesting! Give us a secret: are they impulsive and rash? Quick to anger? What makes them imperfect? 

Dirty Deeds:- Please provide a link to your On's and Off's like: THIS

Notes:- Include anything here about your character that wasn't covered above, if applicable.

>>  This code will be used for NPCs only  <<

[center][size=12pt]»[i]  [u][b]N.P.C[/b][/u]  [/i]« [/center]

[float=left][img height=250 padding=10]https://i.imgur.com/34sFYSm.jpg[/img][/float]

[b]Name:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]WHATS YOUR NAME?! Tony! Fuck you, Tony![/font]

[b]Age:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]How old are they[/font]

[b]Sexuality:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]We'll bang, okay?[/font]

[b]Race:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms]What are they [/font]

[b]Position/Occupation:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms] What do they do[/font]

[b]Personality Traits:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms] Highlight their biggest characteristics [/font]

[b]Notes:-[/b] [font=trebuchet ms] Give us a quick rundown on the NPC. Think of it as enhanced flavor-text, rather than a full bio. [/font]

[center][img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/JiUzRJr.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/Acs15FL.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/bnefSeB.jpg[/img] [img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/Rpih0fK.jpg[/img] [/center] [/center]

Malrunar

Keeping the existence of the supernatural community away from human knowledge is a fulltime job, one that requires constant communication. However, it isn’t practical to expect every individual to share each and every significant encounter they’ve ever had, so these sigils are used instead. Universally popular, the same symbols (with some variation) can be found in any city around the world that has a vampire or shifter population. They don’t tell the full story, but their meaning should be respected if you wish to remain on good standing with the local covens. Killing someone under protection, for instance, will put a mark on your own head, and crossing into territories marked as dangerous will likely leave you without aid should you find yourself in trouble. Respect the rules, keep your life, and prosper.

Allies:-  The owner of this establishment or the individual(s) under this mark is considered a friend within the community. You can let your hair down here, expect some common courtesies and advantages that others may not be privy too. (A special room in the back of the club, for instance, or cocktails served with a little crimson inside.) The allies are just that, allies, and while they may extend certain perks, it is up to their discretion on if you’re allowed to keep them or not. You scratch their back, they’ll scratch yours. Don’t toss the place and expect to be greeted with a smile the next time you pop in.

Feeding Grounds:-  Think of this as a fast-food restaurant. Vampires don’t always have the time to prepare a human for feeding, or may even lack the talents that provide a quick snack. In places marked as the feeding grounds, you’re able to access sustenance without question or hassle. Blood packs, animals, on rare occasions a living, breathing ‘donor’ that was either ‘acquired and won’t be returning to the surface’ or offering their wrist freely. Sometimes these are ‘fang junkies’, addicts eager for the next endorphin rush, but blood is blood and sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Protected:-  Anyone who lives here shouldn’t be messed with. Anyone who works here is to be void of trouble. Sometimes this mark is placed on the homes of individuals who were already snacked upon in order to keep them from getting suspicious, or are extended out to family members of shifters or vampires still living in ignorance. If you mark a house as safe you’re also expected to keep an eye on those individuals and clean up any messes that might occur.

Caution:-  This individual may pose a threat. Either they were too stubborn to fall under wiles, or they had some form of negative reaction. Avoid this one at all costs and be extra wary of how you act. While most would likely honor a protection sigil (all depending on personality and altruism, perhaps), marks of caution are typically considered too much of a risk and most won’t even waste their time.

Safehouse:-  Here you can find protection from the elements, some new clothes, and even food. Safehouses are also options for vampires to use as lures for humans, a place to feed if they might otherwise call the Underground home, or are traveling and in a new city. While free of charge there are hard-set rules to follow. Don’t shit where you sleep. Clean up and leave no trace, and when you’re finished, communicate to the ‘Agent’ that you’re leaving, usually by a burner phone left on site. It’s been rumored that Cepos is especially strict about these rules, and anyone who breaks them will have his hands sent on them.

Danger:- Full stop. Do not proceed. Do not cross. If you continue past this point you are going it alone and shouldn’t expect any ally or backup to follow. These signs are few and far between and don’t often come with an explanation, but someone put them up for a reason...

Bibliophilia

Malrunar

Playable character tropes. Please note: These descriptions are just how I -prefer- these creatures to be played. If you’re curious about anything or would like to discuss a possible change, please feel free to bring it up. I am always happy to hear what's on your mind and see if there is something we can work out.

I tend to lean more towards Laurell K. Hamilton’s versions of vampires; they’re sexy and dangerous and more powerful the longer they age. The ancient ones are able to move around during the day, but exposure to sunlight leaves them weak and vulnerable. Even the Master Vampires that run the major cities aren’t stupid enough to step outside when the sun is up. They don’t, however, burst into flames. Weaker fledglings can receive severe burns with exposure, but this has more to do with sensitivity to the light than curses or unholiness.

Vampires can’t fly, but they can move extremely fast and leap great heights.

On average, vampires only need to feed a few times a week, and they don’t require a lot of blood to carry them over. (A caveat: the more active a vampire is, such as performing strenuous activities, using special abilities, etc., the more frequent they will need to feed.) The longer a vampire matures the more nutrients they require, so this amount will increase. A wise vampire keeps multiple sources on hand; donors, blood banks, often in rotation so as not to dry up any stores. Different blood types (such as human, shifters, etc.,) have different tastes and can be more invigorating or nourishing. Vampires may survive off of animals, such as rats and birds, but it’s similar to eating Top Ramen. It’ll fill their belly but it really isn’t good for them and used mostly as an emergency food source.

• - Vampires don't sparkle. Keep that Twilight shit out of here!
  • - A safe way to kill a vampire is cutting off its head and burning the body to ash.
  • - Some examples of special skills that vampires may have are; Mind control: this works on those with weak willpower and it requires full eye contact. Mostly effective on humans. Animal control; bats, wolves, rats, even spiders if you want to be gross. (Ew!) Telepathy: The ability to communicate mentally.

For the shifting community, I’ll allow three main types: werewolves, weretigers and werebears. Other animals may exist but would be extremely rare. Each feels the call of the full moon, but they are not restricted to shifting only at this time. (No one should think that a transformation is as easy as changing into a new outfit.) It takes practice, a clear head, and precision. Those who have recently contracted the disease are put under heavy guard and watchful eyes until they are able to prove that they have the control.

By rushing into a change, either due to exhaustion or emotion, they are at risk of more feral outcomes. The animal forms will be more hybrid and because of that, more difficult to control.

Silver is a good way to put down a shifter, but cutting off their heads doesn’t hurt, either. A shifter can change shape in order to heal more quickly, but at risk of taking a more feral form.

Vampires and shifters get along well enough, they are not sworn enemies. (I find this cliche beaten to death.) However, shifters are exceedingly wary towards the vampires who have control over animals, since there have been incidents of shapechangers being caught in the middle.

• - Shifters are faster, stronger and more agile than humans, just like vampires, and also have the heightened senses.
  • - Packs are still a thing, but not mandatory. Most treat it more like a club these days than a family, but not all.
  • - Werewolves have the best hearing. Weretigers have the best vision. Werebears have the best sense of smell.

Humans are humans, just a normal, everyday person who lives amongst society in ignorance to the workings of the Underground Community. They are often hunted for food, but rarely killed to obtain it, and are more vulnerable to suggestive influences than most. However, this doesn’t mean a person is guaranteed to fall under wiles since humans are also known to be some of the most willful of creatures. (Stubbornness counts!) A person addicted to drugs and alcohol will have lowered inhibitions, making them an easy snack. Meanwhile, the power-suit wearing business guru having a meeting between her yoga class and martial arts training will require far more finesse.

• - Humans can be hunters.
  • - There are few humans who are informed about the supernatural, usually those who have family who have fallen victim in some way. Their memories are usually wiped unless they prove to be useful.
  • - Humans can be bonded to a shifter or a vampire, but this isn't common practice.
  • - Magic exists, but it’s rare and something that’s usually kept private since it can catch the wrong kind of attention.

Demons are not of this world, and because of this, they are not to be trusted. They can be charismatic and charming, or animalistic and savage, and each and everyone one has their own drive and ambition. In order to walk amongst humans and blend in, they are required to possess a body or a ‘host’ as they are called, at the expense of that person’s life. Depending on that individual’s strength, a host can last a few weeks to a few years before combusting under the strain, making the demon require a new one.

• - Demons are like djinn, to make a pact with one is unwise because there is always fine print involved. You have to be particularly careful with phrasing.
  • - Demons are thought to be one explanation for a vampire’s existence since they share a lot of similarities in terms of power. Call a demon a vampire, and it’ll laugh and prove you wrong; vampires often fear demons for a reason, but they are also sort of like cousins.
  • - Where a vampire might feed from blood, a demon feeds off of a person's soul or energy. This can be sex, rage, whichever that particular demon is associated with.
  • - Holy water and blessed items can ward them off, but it doesn’t promise to keep you safe. These are things that are only useful to the truly devoted.
  • - Knowing a demon’s true name gives you power over that demon.

In regards to FAE think of these beings as another extension of a demon. Fae are spirits that are closely attune with nature. Many are considered evil but not all of them are. (It is all about perspective!) For now, please reach out to the GM's with any questions regarding the Fae. We want everyone to have fun and make the characters they want to play, but we also want to keep the game balanced so no one gets a main character complex. ;)

Bibliophilia

I'm already working on a wolf shifter.  I've been missing the hell out of Macabre lately and I'm glad you remade it.

mainsnoires

Planting a flag of interest, it's been a long time I have not written macabre supernatural events and played a vampire.
I'm working on a CSheet already.
If I understood correctly the setting is in Seattle with a city Master Vampire. So is there only one vampire clan or several possible ? are there specific positions open ?

Armphid

I am also interested.  I wouldn't mind some specification about what is meant by "darker themes" just so that I have the clear picture.  I wouldn't want to react poorly to something and ruin someone else's good time.

I had a few character ideas in mind but also had some questions about those.  One of the first thoughts is for a vampire hunter, who would probably be short lived but I always like the idea of one of the "prey" fighting back.  What are vampiric weaknesses in this universe?  It can vary pretty widely so again, I just wanted to know for clarity and avoiding toe stepping.

Another idea that is very basic would be for a shape shifter of some kind.  What kind of shifters are there?  What is their society like in this world?

The last concept that I have would be to play a psychic experiment a la Firestarter.  The book or the old movie as I haven't seen the new one.  Maybe not pyrokinetic but having psychic powers of some kind that were enhanced or created by government/corporate experimentation and is now on the run or in hiding with a pair of mismatched "parents" that are the ones that helped them flee captivity.  Would that fit in with this world?  I wouldn't want to throw something out that just doesn't fit.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Malrunar

I'll answer these questions tomorrow! It's been a long week and I used the last of my braincells at work today, lol.

Armphid

Take your time!  I know I threw a lot of things out there.  Sorry about that!
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Malrunar

Bibliophilia

You good with us reserving FCs, Mal?  I have a couple in mind already.

Lovely Complex

I might actually be interested in this. ^^ Nice to see some familiar and new faces here *waves to everyone*

Malrunar

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 02, 2022, 01:37:59 AM
I'm already working on a wolf shifter.  I've been missing the hell out of Macabre lately and I'm glad you remade it.

I'm excited to see them!!

Quote from: mainsnoires on September 02, 2022, 03:05:11 AM
Planting a flag of interest, it's been a long time I have not written macabre supernatural events and played a vampire.
I'm working on a CSheet already.
If I understood correctly the setting is in Seattle with a city Master Vampire. So is there only one vampire clan or several possible ? are there specific positions open ?

You're welcome, Mainsnoires! Always good to see you.

Correct about the setting, it will be taking place in Seattle, Washington. There is a Master Vampire who overlooks the city, but his isn't the only clan. He's just the Big Boss of the state/region. There are several other clans that exist, but they will all answer to him and be trusted to follow his rules. Those who are interested in joining his ranks are able to as well! One of his people who delivers out punishment on his behalf are called the hands. Other positions that could exist would be informants, ambassadors from other states/countries/clans, and of course spies.

Quote from: Armphid on September 02, 2022, 06:42:19 AM
I am also interested.  I wouldn't mind some specification about what is meant by "darker themes" just so that I have the clear picture.  I wouldn't want to react poorly to something and ruin someone else's good time.

I had a few character ideas in mind but also had some questions about those.  One of the first thoughts is for a vampire hunter, who would probably be short lived but I always like the idea of one of the "prey" fighting back.  What are vampiric weaknesses in this universe?  It can vary pretty widely so again, I just wanted to know for clarity and avoiding toe stepping.

Another idea that is very basic would be for a shape shifter of some kind.  What kind of shifters are there?  What is their society like in this world?

The last concept that I have would be to play a psychic experiment a la Firestarter.  The book or the old movie as I haven't seen the new one.  Maybe not pyrokinetic but having psychic powers of some kind that were enhanced or created by government/corporate experimentation and is now on the run or in hiding with a pair of mismatched "parents" that are the ones that helped them flee captivity.  Would that fit in with this world?  I wouldn't want to throw something out that just doesn't fit.

By darker themes, I just mean spooky, eerie, horror aspects. I expect everyone to tag their posts of any triggers, and since there are vampires, demons and other occult themes, I expect it to lean into some heavier bdsm for some. The thread will take place in extreme just to cover base, but I'm against rape and torture elements taking place in this game so those won't be aloud. Everyone must give consent about what happens to their characters.

Does that answer your questions?  ;D

Malrunar

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 02, 2022, 09:07:55 PM
You good with us reserving FCs, Mal?  I have a couple in mind already.

Absolutely! I'll start a list on the top post so everyone can see them. Throw them my way when you're ready!

Quote from: Lovely Complex on September 02, 2022, 09:10:49 PM
I might actually be interested in this. ^^ Nice to see some familiar and new faces here *waves to everyone*

Welcome welcome!

Bibliophilia

Right now I just wanna claim Don Benjamin and Ashley Moore!

Malrunar

Armphid

Quote from: Malrunar on September 02, 2022, 09:14:18 PM
By darker themes, I just mean spooky, eerie, horror aspects. I expect everyone to tag their posts of any triggers, and since there are vampires, demons and other occult themes, I expect it to lean into some heavier bdsm for some. The thread will take place in extreme just to cover base, but I'm against rape and torture elements taking place in this game so those won't be aloud. Everyone must give consent about what happens to their characters.

Does that answer your questions?  ;D

It answers about the themes for sure.  I still haven't settled on a concept, let alone a face claim.  However, let me ask about the third concept I mentioned; the psychic.  Does that fit in universe or should I focus on the other two?
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Malrunar

Since I know you're not a power player, I'll allow it. And, even though I know I don't have to say it, for anyone else reading I'll just follow up with: remember no god moding, and always make sure to get permission from other players if you are planning anything. <3 No need to rush on a FC either, there is no rush!

Armphid

Okay, thank you!  I'll work on a CS but probably not until Sunday.  Tomorrow is gaming day!  Woo!
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 02, 2022, 09:16:59 PM
Right now I just wanna claim Don Benjamin and Ashley Moore!
Both are great face claims ^^ I've used them a time or two.

Quote from: Malrunar on September 02, 2022, 09:15:07 PM
Welcome welcome!
Thank you. Mind if I reserve Arden Cho(Human) and Tyler Hoechlin(Shifter)? don't judge me

Rummy Tum Tum

Yo, people! Think I'll make myself another mind-reading/telepathic vamp. It was so fun last time.

Oh and I'll reserve Broderick Hunter!

Bibliophilia