Interest check, Pathfinder campaign spanning three AP's (and three generations)

Started by Tamhansen, September 24, 2018, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

I recently started on the 'return of the runelords' AP in which the PC's follow in the footprints of the famous heroes from the 'Rise of the runelords' and the 'shattered star' AP's. In the 'return, players are encouraged to create a bond with the earlier heroes, and I figured, what if these were descendents of said heroes?

And that brought me to my next idea. Running through the three AP's with characters descending from those in the previous one. So the adventurers from the first AP retire and raise children, who will be the heroes of AP2, retire and raise the third generation.

This might eventually lead to incestuous relations of course, but there is no need to, it would be up to the players themselves to decide, though I imagine the third generation might include various cousins.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

HalfTime

Chulanowa

Miroque

aaannnnnddd then comes to the age and lifespans of the races..Where Elf could be say, 150y at the beginning, and human 16, in AP1, then in end of AP1, human would be... 25? and elf 159... human would "retire" and settle down at age of 27, get children , who will mature at the right time.. to age 16ish for AP2, Elf would still be only 177y.... Then again, should the elf be the "focus point" say, AP1 Elf starts at 150y, settles down at 160ish... gets children... they mature to 150y, human from AP1  would have to be 176y old... or the human child (related to AP1 human) would be 5 generations away from him/her. (doable, but would this be the idea? or direct decendants?)

Problem would be solved, with limited race pool (all should have races of similar lifespans, or better yet, all should be same race alltogether)

EDIT: All in all, Im still intrested :)

Tamhansen

Yeah. I reckon races with long lifespans should be restricted. Though I guess an Elf adventuring alongside humans might end up with Half elven children. ;)

But your point definitely merits serious consideration.
ons and offs

Vergil Tanner

So long as I can play a Healslut (Possibly a Trap?) (that is a serious itch of mine >.> ) I'm interested! :D

Would there be an interest to use a Healslut? Male or female, any preference? I prefer to play Trappy Male Healsluts, but I suppose I could do female, if the muse struck me. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Zaer Darkwail

My preferance would be female healslut, so far I only got one and two expections to the trap rule.

Vergil Tanner

Funnily enough, the second exception you have is the FC I would be using for a male healslut ;-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, then all good for me then ;D. I just have rather specific taste on traps overall. But would your healslut be gay or bi?

Vergil Tanner

Bisexual, but with a heavy preference for men. Especially big, strong, dominating men :P

Chulanowa

Quote from: Miroque on September 24, 2018, 04:06:13 PM
aaannnnnddd then comes to the age and lifespans of the races..Where Elf could be say, 150y at the beginning, and human 16, in AP1, then in end of AP1, human would be... 25? and elf 159... human would "retire" and settle down at age of 27, get children , who will mature at the right time.. to age 16ish for AP2, Elf would still be only 177y.... Then again, should the elf be the "focus point" say, AP1 Elf starts at 150y, settles down at 160ish... gets children... they mature to 150y, human from AP1  would have to be 176y old... or the human child (related to AP1 human) would be 5 generations away from him/her. (doable, but would this be the idea? or direct decendants?)

Problem would be solved, with limited race pool (all should have races of similar lifespans, or better yet, all should be same race alltogether)

EDIT: All in all, Im still intrested :)

Shouldn't really be an issue; the AP's go from 1-15, IIRC, with a jump of a few years between each. Easy enough to just say Elf-dad is off doing something else but look, his Daughter is in Korvosa when this and thsat happens, and..."

Granted it's easiest to just ignore the whole "elves are children for sixty years" thing and assume everyone matures as fast a humans (or as slow as humans, in the case of orcs...)

Roleplay Frog

See. I've recently been wanting to run a certain or another paladin concept *coughs innocently at Zaer* Which would see me interested in this whole concept, so chalk me up. Really, my only concern is the lifetime of a campaign like this, so if you can stick about, happy to party.

I dun care what gender folks are, I can molest whatever to a degree. *nodnods*

For the age discussion thingies, elves, dwarfs gnomes and lesser known races grow older and age slower, but most can have children at a young age to be equal to mid-range humans. And, worst case, a DM can install whatever houserules they choose...

Tamhansen

Yeah. We can Houserules elves to mature only slightly slower than humans. Then of course there's always half-elves. I'm thinking it might be one option for a character to be the offspring of two adventurers from the previous AP.
ons and offs

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

TheGlyphstone

Agreed that this is an exceptionally ambitious idea, and I really want to help and try to make it work, so I'll offer up interest as well. Judging by the character-relationships proposed, I doubt I'll be romancing any other PCs - my characters tend to be exclusively hetero-male, but the multi-generation adventurer party is too awesome to pass up.

Siereis

Sounds like it could be fun.  Even if you don't make it through all 3 Adventure Paths, Rise of the Runelords is quite a good choice from what I understand.  I would be in, but want to ask a few questions first:

1) Relatively how much smut content is anticipated?  Sexual content purely between characters, or included in plot, or should any smut be taken to side posts? 
2) Character generation sources?  Core classes or pull from the expanded source material?
3) Relatively how frequent of posts are you looking for to keep the story going? 

Captjoe

I've been on a bit if a pathfinder kick lately, so count me interested.

Are there any restrictions on classes? I have a bit of a fondness for Gunslinger, but I know that it can be A: Expensive. And B: A headache to introduce guns, even black powder ones.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Captjoe on September 27, 2018, 02:20:27 PM
I've been on a bit if a pathfinder kick lately, so count me interested.

Are there any restrictions on classes? I have a bit of a fondness for Gunslinger, but I know that it can be A: Expensive. And B: A headache to introduce guns, even black powder ones.

They're just expensive crossbows that occasionally blow up, no big deal IMO.

Vergil Tanner

And even if it is a big deal, the Archetype "Bolt Ace" which replaces the guns with crossbows. So there's that :P

Muse

^_^;;  May I play? 

If the healslut weren't a trap i might even pitch a male character for a change.  :P 

But in this case, I have an even better option.  The chance to apply to a game with a girl who isn't a healer.  *Grins* 

Hmm..  Dragon disciple or arcane trickster? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Dragon disciple would be nice, more so if use one newer Bowsette arts XD

Vergil Tanner

WELL I'm not sure he will be a trap just yet - people are kinda iffy about the concept, as far as I can tell - but I know that if I'm playing an Oracle I'll likely be playing an Oracle. Possibly an Aasimar? Undecided.

If I don't play a Healer, I might try a Natural Weapon Fighter Skinwalker that I've been dying to try out. Fanglord + Extra Feature + Improved Natural Attack = you just got fucked sonny. xD

HalfTime

Roleplay Frog

People forget that in theory, you could play three different, if related character concepts, or perhaps a black sheep theme, with two great mages and a grand-child that has 0 magical talent. Or something like having an evil pc and a kid that tries to attone for the sins of the family.. lotsa possibilites and the only thing you nail yourself down on at first is the race (though half-something something are also possible after that).

Heck, here's an idea, first make a warrior, then make a spiritualist, using dad/mom as phantom. And don't get me started on legacy weapon stuff.

But I too want to know more details before cooking anything more detailed up. If we start on lvl 1 and are expected to play for about 5 levels on the first gen, then oggling prestige classes is kinda pointless, for example.

lillisa

Hey Tam.

I'd love to play in this. Would be fun writing with you again. Got some various ideas.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Siereis on September 27, 2018, 01:46:49 AM
Sounds like it could be fun.  Even if you don't make it through all 3 Adventure Paths, Rise of the Runelords is quite a good choice from what I understand.  I would be in, but want to ask a few questions first:

1) Relatively how much smut content is anticipated?  Sexual content purely between characters, or included in plot, or should any smut be taken to side posts? 
I'd prefer smut to be part of the main plot, and if players are ok with it, I'd like to put the game in non-con so that sex can be a result of losing combat as well. If players are okay with their characters being forced that is.
2) Character generation sources?  Core classes or pull from the expanded source material?

Anything by paizo is ok. I also allow Kobold press's deep magic, but other 3rd party sources are out.

3) Relatively how frequent of posts are you looking for to keep the story going?
Preferably daily, but at least three posts a week. Especially combats get very dragged out if people don't post.
ons and offs

Muse

huzzah for the non con.  small sigh for no psionics.  :)  I'm in if you'll have me. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

lillisa

Quote from: Muse on September 28, 2018, 01:14:40 PM
  huzzah for the non con.  small sigh for no psionics.  :)  I'm in if you'll have me. 

Might want to look at the occult classes. Not entirely the same, but they're pretty close i think.

TheGlyphstone

Ixy

If the group is a manageable size and posts regularly, I would be interested in a fairly mainstream concept.  Should you ask for ideas and write-ups, I'll look forward to the post.

Tamhansen

I would be looking to start with 4-5 players, and would prefer a steady post rate. I would like people to set up a simple concept first. Race, class, short bio and appearance. I'd prefer people hold off on building until party is formed. Just know it will be 20 point builds. I'll set up a formal request tomorrow morning euro time, and select a party say a week later. I will probably run this plot again later on, but for now time is a bit of an issue.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I present this idea;

Race: Human
Class: Inquisitor (Monster Tactician)
Background
Ashley Storm is originally from village of Harse, so he grew up with horses in country and knows how to ride since childhood. His father is innkeeper for travelers who cross the great rivers and mother is helping him (as is his younger sister as waitress) but they have business in breeding horses as well ran by the uncle, so Ashley hanged out more with his uncle as means skip working in the tavern (and who does not love riding and camping outdoors).

However one day while leading pack of horses with uncle a worg appeared, charged to the herd of horses and his uncle tried drive it off with a bow shot. Worg dodged his arrow and leaped on him and knocked down from his horse, attempting devour him as he grappled with the beast desperately.

Ashley was fifteen at the time and uncle yelled him to ride away....but Ashley bravely then charged with his horse towards the worg, intending knock it off. Worg noticed the charge and started charge towards Ashley, in that moment he felt burst of warm energy fill him and as he yelled challenge to the worg....a herd of horses appeared flank and behind him. Worg became stunned by sudden appearance of herd of horses stampeding fearlessly towards it and was ran over and killed by stampede.

In middle of the herd a drunken warrior with chainmail stumbled through and said; "You got spirit lad, but you should charge while armed other than your fists you know. Take this, it will be useful to ya." Man handed over a rapier to him and he stumbled and walked with the herd...and disappeared along with the herd. Uncle then told it had been Cayden Cailean himself and since then Ashley, who had been drifter without cause or purpose in mind, decided settle what for he lives.

So he entirely embraced ways of Cayden Cailean, much to worry, charging and also pride of his parents. Who both wished safer life for him but consider a god himself had saved his life and given rapier, the signs are damn obvious what path he would follow. However instead becoming just a cleric, he became inquisitor, embracing the power of summoning aid while charging into battle became his way to fight and Cayden clearly supports it granting him such power. More so he became fearless monster hunter, chasing magical beasts and aberrations in area or rumors of such to face them and help local communities dealing with them. For pay or not and with brave heart.

Chulanowa

for my first trick, I'm feeling either rogue or bard... Because god damn it I have a niche and i'm good at it.

Siereis

It might be a little early to start posting characters, but I got inspired tonight so wanted to go on and dump this here.

Name: Alleria
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bloodrager (Infernal Bloodline)
Bio:  For as long as she can remember, a burning anger has been roiling within Alleria's heart.  Orphaned at a young age, the half elven woman has no recollection of her parents, her heritage or even where she comes from.  Even at a young age, sadness and confusion turned to defiance and resentment.  Further exacerbated by her half-elven nature, she grew up watching full-blooded humans and elves alike cared for and accepted by their own kind.  While half-elves were not ostracized within society, Alleria has never felt a connection with anyone else.  Abandoned within the city of Tamran, she grew up learning how to fend for herself in the rough back alleys of the mercantile city, but despite her small stature, she found herself capable of fighting off those that sought to take advantage of her through seer intensity.  She never killed anyone, knowing full well that murder was wrong, but more than once found herself nearly losing control of her emotions...almost as if some inner demon was attempting to take over.  For much of her youth, she managed to suppress the anger raging within her soul and even joined the city guard in an attempt to gain some much-needed organization and discipline...thinking that learning such traits would keep her calm in times of stress.  The new job as a guardswoman did temper her inner resentments for a time and her newly gained responsibilities helped her to blend in with society, but even then she never felt as if she were truly welcome and any friendly advances were met by suspicion from the young woman.  Yet that all seemed to change on her twentieth birthday.  Stationed on guard duty near one of the wealthy districts of the city, she remembers a young flamboyant man attempting to flirt with her and recalling thinking that he was trying to trick her.  What happened next is lost even to Alleria, but she recalls being thrown forward in time and standing over the man's corpse...and others.  Her weapons were red with blood and those inner demons that she had managed to suppress for so long were back - and raging harder than ever.  Having fled the city, she is now a murderer on the run.  It has been nearly a year since that fateful day, and Alleria has found herself growing easier and easier to become hot blooded.  During each of her 'blackouts' she has managed to recall more of what occurs and lately remembers everything.  While still hot tempered and violent during such episodes, she has managed to temper the anger against only those that rile her emotions or threaten her life.  Recently, she has managed to make her way to the small town of Sandpoint within the kingdom of Varisia, thinking that the remote location will be ideal to help train her control over her violent outbreaks and hide from any chasing her.
Summary: Half-elf with a mysterious Infernal heritage that distrusts people and is quick to anger.  Tends to get violent when annoyed, but is capable of controlling her inner demons somewhat.  Submissive in romance, but is distrustful of those that show hasty affection.  Has started to find she has a preference for revealing attire, and body temperature is somewhat higher than normal as her infernal heritage starts to bubble to the surface.  Bloodrager with bloodline of Infernal, build includes lots of melee capability. 
Potential Backstory Links:  A novice law-keeper sent after Alleria for her crimes, but gets caught up in the adventure path too would make for an interesting character interaction.

Vergil Tanner

God Damn. Hello. O__O

Arty is pulling my sleeve and asking if he can play with her. Or rather, if she can play with him. xD

When the Recruitment Thread is up, I'll post him up and see if people are interested. :P

Vergil Tanner

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Tamhansen on September 28, 2018, 01:42:36 PM
I would be looking to start with 4-5 players, and would prefer a steady post rate. I would like people to set up a simple concept first. Race, class, short bio and appearance. I'd prefer people hold off on building until party is formed. Just know it will be 20 point builds. I'll set up a formal request tomorrow morning euro time, and select a party say a week later. I will probably run this plot again later on, but for now time is a bit of an issue.

I like how this is shaping up. What is our characters experience level, aka, what level in game and general renown-wise are we starting out at on?

For the record, pondering a(erotic-social viable) paladin for now, but there's always so many neat things to consider.

Chulanowa

Assuming basic Pathfidner adventure path character creation (1st level, 20-point buy, max HP at 1st level, rolled or average gold, two traits, one of which is a RotRL campaign trait)

Name: Lily "Sticks" Gallows
Race: Tiefling
Class: Unchained Rogue 1

Bio: Lily doesn't remember anything about her birth parents. In fact her earliest memories are of street life in Old Korvosa; snitching pockets just to get by, then later because Mother Tiller needed her cut. Scampering across the Shingles to get away from other children hurling stones. The drunken Sarenrae priest beating her with a lit torch to Prove "she's so foul the fire refuses to touch her." It's that last one that's important, because it's where the Vandools stepped in. The kindly couple rebuffed the priest, and ushered Lily off for food... then shoes... and somehow they ended up bringing the waif with them back to Sandpoint. It was hard to adjust to the new conditions of her life - and just as hard for the poor Vandools, who honestly had no idea what they were getting into. But since then, Lily has thrived.

of course you can take the tiefling off the Korvosan streets, but getting the streets out of her was another matter. Stealing was a habit, and she's no favorite of Sheriff Hemlock. Socializing with others her age was always trouble, especially since they tended to grow faster than she did. She's managed to do a few jobs for the shadier sorts in town, who recognize a skillset when they see it, and are certain that the devil-girl will keep her mouth shut. After all, she does seem to love her adopted family very much, and it'd just be a shame if the elderly couple were to have a hard time...

Personality & Sexuality: Lily always seems nervous. She fidgets with things, chews her lip, even occasionally stutters or makes other odd, anxious noises. She's always casing the room she finds herself in, unable to relax until she's at least had a good look around. Far from the usual cocky self-assurance one would expect of a "professional criminal," she attributes all her own successes to pure luck, and is really bad at accepting compliments. That's not to say she's not confident in what she does, but she's really reluctant to acknowledge that confidence. She enjoys company and companionship greatly, and likes being part of "the group" - but isn't exactly the most conversant, and will often, seemingly randomly, try to make plenty of room around herself.. On occasion, she looks like she could really use a hug.

Lily's not a virgin, having spent a night or two with a local boy, and even had a fling with a barmaid from the Rusty Tavern who found her tail "intriguing." Unfortunately, Lily's not the best at touchy-touchy stuff, and found all these encounters at least as odd and uncomfortable as they were fun. Which is really frustrating, she has desire - sometimes extremely strongly! - but is so awkward with most people that the best way she's found to deal with it is to find a quiet place and try to not sprain her own wrist.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1432421

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so...I'm having trouble deciding the appearance of my Trappy character (He might not be a Healslut after all...might go Half-Healslut and make him a Paladin of some sort? Dunno). So...feedback would be appreciated!

Options for my Trap Male Character

If anybody is interested in playing with a submissive Trappy male, which of these options do you think I should go with? I'm conflicted >.>

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 04:37:17 AM
Ok, so...I'm having trouble deciding the appearance of my Trappy character (He might not be a Healslut after all...might go Half-Healslut and make him a Paladin of some sort? Dunno). So...feedback would be appreciated!

If anybody is interested in playing with a submissive Trappy male, which of these options do you think I should go with? I'm conflicted >.>

I kinda dig the first and third there.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 04:37:17 AM

My votes go to second and fourth.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, I was leaning towards 1, 3 or 4 myself.
Decisions, decisions...

Lol, Zaer, I think you might have committed a small typo there :P

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 07:21:42 AM
Hmmm, I was leaning towards 1, 3 or 4 myself.
Decisions, decisions...

Lol, Zaer, I think you might have committed a small typo there :P

Doh, fixed :P

Vergil Tanner

You're welcome ;)

Hmmmmm. So, Zaer. Your Inquisitor...would he be interested in a 2 or 4 trap? :P

Because there's no point me making a Healslut if nobody is gonna take advantage! :P

Zaer Darkwail

My inquisitor would take advantage of trappy healslut number 4, also said pic fits more for paladin (sword and bit armor there). If want go healslut paladin I think there is archetype for paladin who focuses more on lay of hands healing/mercy use.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, I was looking at Paladin Archetypes. I was caught between the Lay On Hands one, and the Chosen One archetype just because Arty having a pet is so cute. o3o

Zaer Darkwail

Also one which sort works is warrior of the light, but you would sacrifice all awesome paladin spells in return to get more lay of hands and able conjure field which buffs everyone slightly. Also depending on GM judgement the aasimar favored class bonus could work on the warrior of light aura as it's a aura which is activated (and so provide greater buff than +2 before 20th level).

Vergil Tanner

All possible! Of course, me going Oracle is also possible, if the team needs a dedicated Holy Caster. :P It depends on the composition should Arty be accepted :P

Roleplay Frog

I'm voting 2 and 4. I'm also leaning towards Pala, female, but can do whatevers lacking too.

Just paladin archetypes alone, the dwarven one really tempts 'ya. *nodnods*
QuoteAt 2nd level, a stonelord’s flesh becomes progressively rockier. She gains a +1 natural armor bonus to AC and DR/adamantine equal to 1/2 her paladin level. The natural armor bonus increases by +1 at 6th level, and every four levels thereafter, to a maximum of +5 at 18th level. These benefits are halved when not touching the ground or a stone structure.
om nom nom.

Vergil Tanner

Well, I'm feeling like Arty would probably be an Aasimar Bow Paladin. *nodnod* Get those tasty wings at Level 11. >.>

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 09:54:04 AM
Well, I'm feeling like Arty would probably be an Aasimar Bow Paladin. *nodnod* Get those tasty wings at Level 11. >.>

Mechanic or erotic reasons?

Vergil Tanner

Roleplay Frog

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

Ah, but that takes a spell slot, and takes a Standard Action to cast. With natural wings, you can just say "fuck you" and do it :P

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 10:38:42 AM
Ah, but that takes a spell slot, and takes a Standard Action to cast. With natural wings, you can just say "fuck you" and do it :P

Not a standard action.

Vergil Tanner

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 29, 2018, 10:52:55 AM
If you're casting a spell, it's usually a Standard Action >.>

No see, it's an instant not a sorcery, so clearly this is quickened magic.

Also now I am tempted to jump spell plus bouncy body around the battlefield. High jump skill base, I can totally make it work.

Vergil Tanner

See, now you've had to burn a Feat and a higher Spell Slot! Yeah, you can get it earlier, but the Aasimar Wings are just more efficient. Especially on a Half-Caster. :P

Ixy

My character idea, at least for the first generation, isn't doing to be a stat machine or all that exotic. Hopefully that doesn't equate to "bland". 

It will depend heavily on setting and AP, I think, to be useful and to borrow characteristics.  She's initially, in her late teens, a grave-robber's apprentice/aspiring surgeon who discovers she has a strange kinship with the dead (sorceress or death-focused cleric).  The fun part would be watching her blossom from a quiet, morbid girl with a kind steak into a full necromancer, skirting the edge of the spirit world.

The second idea, completely unrelated, is one I loved before, wanted to play for months, but-- alas-- the game died.  If this general character concept could be adapted, I would love to reintroduce her... She's a rogue with no sense of proper manners and little common sense, and seems cursed to always, without fail, say the wrong thing (and often inappropriately).

TheGlyphstone

Name: Angelo Valdemar-Ciora
Class: Occultist (Silksworn)

Bio: Some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and grow up surrounded in luxury. Angelo looks down on those people as noveau-riche middle class posers to real nobility-by-wealth. His family is closely tied to and intermarried with the Valdemars, one of the four great merchant dynasties of Magnimar, and Angelo's upbringing has immersed him in that opulent extravagance. But no one who deserves their money takes foolhardy risks in managing it - this has been the lesson figuratively and occasionally literally beaten into Angelo by his father and tutors; for all that he tries to duck his responsibilities and enjoy himself, he can't avoid absorbing both the lessons of smart management and the proper noblesse oblige attitude to hold towards the less financially blessed.

Personality: Being the heir to one of the oldest and closest splinter branches of the Valdemar line, and thus as tightly integrated into the power and economy of Varisia in general and Magmimar specifically, has shaped him immeasurably in his attitudes towards life. The smart get wealthy, the wealthy get power, the smart stay wealthy and powerful. It's a exceedingly clean and straightforward perspective on life, and entirely unmarred by any prejudice against commoners. He doesn't fault anyone for their circumstances of birth, only for their inability or lack of will to rise beyond whatever they were given - though his privilege often gives him some blinders regarding the opportunities less wealthy people have to do so. Backed by his stupendous fortunes, Angelo is an inveterate and shameless playboy. He flirts with every woman he finds reasonably attractive, and while a firm no will drive him off, anything less than outright refusal is merely a challenge to be overcome. Nor are his attentions often unwelcome, as he loves to shower his lovers - even his one-night stands - with gifts and presents of all kinds.

No matter where he is, Angelos always makes sure he is dressed impeccably and to the highest of high fashion. It's not just vanity, either - his studies into the occult have gifted him with knowledge of obscure and powerful arcane rituals, the foci for which are the expensive garments he wears. Money quite literally is power in his world, and he merely takes it to a new level of truth.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ixy on September 29, 2018, 12:44:59 PM
My character idea, at least for the first generation, isn't doing to be a stat machine or all that exotic. Hopefully that doesn't equate to "bland". 

It will depend heavily on setting and AP, I think, to be useful and to borrow characteristics.  She's initially, in her late teens, a grave-robber's apprentice/aspiring surgeon who discovers she has a strange kinship with the dead (sorceress or death-focused cleric).  The fun part would be watching her blossom from a quiet, morbid girl with a kind steak into a full necromancer, skirting the edge of the spirit world.

The second idea, completely unrelated, is one I loved before, wanted to play for months, but-- alas-- the game died.  If this general character concept could be adapted, I would love to reintroduce her... She's a rogue with no sense of proper manners and little common sense, and seems cursed to always, without fail, say the wrong thing (and often inappropriately).

Rowan was adorable, and I wish I could have gotten in on that game. Oh well  ;D

Chulanowa

Vergil Tanner

Name: Artorius “Arty” Inglefell
Race: Angel-Blooded Aasimar?
Class: Oracle or Paladin (Depending on Party Composition)

Background:

The Inglefells were a proud, powerful family once, ruling their own city state and swathe of territory in the far North. Their neighbours, however, always seemed to treat them as an afterthought, or an obstacle rather than a powerful presence due to their relatively small – but stable – territory. This rankled many of the powerful members of the family – they were important, damnit, and should be treated as such – but certainly not enough to tempt fate. The Inglefells were a long line of Warrior Lords, rumoured to be descended from amongst the first of the Mercenary Guilds that aided in the foundation of Fellhaven, who had risen to greater and greater prominence within their city until eventually they controlled the city if not in name – that “honour” belonged to the Vismarck line, the hereditary Viscounts of the city – then in practice. Their wealth kept the military paid, their corruption kept the underworld thriving and loyal to the Inglefell name, and their influence kept their political opponents in the shadows...they controlled everything and everyone within Fellhaven, a vast empire of wealth, illegal and legal ventures and bickering relatives all kept in line by the powerful Patriarch, Rosgoth Inglefell.

Unfortunately, Rosgoth was growing older and the attempts on his life were consistently getting closer and closer to success. He wasn't as young and spry as he once was, and though he was still a strong enough warlord to thwart any attacker who dared challenge him in the open, his wits were beginning to fade...and though he would bloodily execute anybody who dared say that to his face, he knew that they were right. He needed a legacy, or the Inglefells would fall to ruin through infighting and bickering upon his death. He needed an heir. So, he took his fifth wife, Sylvana, the female heir to a rich and powerful Elven Merchant Lord Line – a line reputed to have Angel Blood running through their veins - and within the year...Artorius was born. His father rejoiced and, as soon as he could walk, began to teach him the skills and knowledge that he would need to be a proper and true Inglefell Patriarch. Battle tactics, swordplay, horseback riding, archery, the proper implementation of assassins and how best to guard himself against hostile ones...he tried to pass on all his knowledge to his son, hoping that one day he would be shaped into a worthy successor to his name. Unfortunately, fate had a different plan for the young Artorius.

Whilst he did his best to excel for his father, practicing sword and horse in equal measure to try and make his father proud, his heart was never in it, and it showed; whilst he had a decent amount of natural ability, he never really excelled in the way his father wanted him to, he was hopeless with military tactics and espionage, and his best trait was appeasing other parties, which – in his fathers words – “Was not the Inglefell way.” He endured many a powerful, stern lecture about his failures, always ended up feeling like nothing by the end of his fathers angry tirade, and it was only his mother – an Elven trophy wife by the name of Sylvana – who kept him somewhat grounded during all of it. She recognised that her son was not cut out to be a Inglefell warlord, and instead encouraged him to follow his passions...they tried many different things, but eventually he realised that he just loved making people smile and laugh, and even had a degree of aptitude for divine magic (which they trained him in in secret, lest his father find out). He loved to sit with his mother and her handmaids, sewing and knitting and talking about the days gossip and news. He loved helping the maids with their housework, finding the repetitive task of cleaning and scouring the house for dirt oddly cathartic and relaxing after the stressful, often-tear-inducing failures in his “Manly” lessons, followed by the furious tirades of his father. What's more...he soon found that he loved more than just making dresses and frocks.

It began as an accident. One morning, after a forced tavern session with his father – who thought that taking his 13 year old soon out drinking would be a good way to “Put some hairs on his chest” - he was in no small amount of agony as he rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing his flailing arms could reach to pull on and stumble out of his room. It just so happened that he'd mistakenly gone to sleep in a maids room – who had been too scared to wake him and correct him because of who his father was – and he accidentally pulled on her uniform dress (which was scandalously lowcut with a very short skirt, since his Uncle Kyran was a pervert). He realised his mistake quickly, having caught sight of himself in the mirror, but...something stopped him from taking it off. It felt...nice. Smooth, and light...soft, nothing like those coarse leather plates his father made him wear. It was richly made – of course – and the stitching was beautifully smooth and graceful. The fabric glided against his skin magnificently rather than catching and rubbing like the rough cotton tunics he usually had to wear, and he found that – though he knew he must – he just couldn't take it off. He spent what felt like hours there, just touching the fabric and feeling it against his skin, feeling how right it felt on him.

He did eventually take it off, of course, but he never forgot it...and he never stopped. Whenever his father wasn't looking for the next five years, he would slip on a dress or a skirt, revelling in the freedom and the rebellion against his fathers oppressive ways...and then he started doing more. His hair had always been a very unmanly shade of an almost purply red – much to his fathers fury, he took after his mother in that regard – and he found that with very little effort, he could make it look even more feminine...his body, though well-maintained thanks to the constant exercise, was soft and smooth rather than corded and hard, so with not much effort at all...he looked like a female, rather than just wearing their clothing. And he loved it. He felt like he was finally free, that he had finally found his niche, his self...and, of course, he had to explore it. So he began to sneak out at night, going to taverns and inns, performing there in his new persona of “Arty,” finally being able to do what he wanted with people cheering rather than shifting nervously in case his father burst in and killed them all. He was happy.

But that lasted only for a few months. One night, while performing, the door burst open in the middle of his latest performance...and his father, Rosgoth, stood there, fury in his face and murder in his eyes. Nobody else had recognised him, but his father did. His father always did. That night, he received the worst beating of his life, beaten to a pulp that couldn't even moan in protest when his mother – who attempted to stop Rosgoth – was thrown from the room with a force that splintered her skull on impact with the opposite wall. She was dead before she came to a stop, but Rosgoth didn't care. He turned back to Artorius, a cold fury in his eyes, and if the castle hadn't shaken like the world itself was trying to swallow it up, he might have done the same to Artorius. As it was...the City was under attack. Their neighbours had decided that enough was enough, and had turned their combined attention to invading and carving up the resource-rich territory in their midst....and Fellhaven was the last bastion of resistance, the fall being the nail in the coffin for the Inglefell Line. And fall it did. His father did his best, but it was a losing battle and everybody knew it. He stalled and delayed and obstructed...but all it took was one knife through the ribs from one of Sylvana's handmaidens, and it was all over. Without the fearsome Rosgoth to drive them, the soldiers of Fellhaven threw down their weapons and surrendered. The citizens attempted to flee, and the nobles fell to bickering and infighting, even with the enemy at their gates. Fellhaven didn't last a single night.

And through it all, Artorius lay in a bloody pulp cradling his mothers dead body, desperately trying to use his Divine Magic to heal her, but alas...he was not strong enough, and his fathers loathing for the clergy meant that there were no stronger Casters on hand to bring her back from the realm of the dead. He would have stayed like that, had his mothers handmaidens not pulled him away and smuggled him from the city, using secret tunnels that his mother had discovered years previously to come out behind the siege lines of the enemy States, before hurrying into the darkness, seeking refuge from their old home, eventually arriving in Fort Inevitable, their life newly difficult and hardy as they struggled to make ends meet...until Artorus decided that enough was enough, and took up adventuring to help them pay for their necessities. They had always sheltered and supported him. It was time he did something in return. It took him a long time, but he has come to terms with his mothers death, and has found a certain degree of...peace, you could say, in his new life. He is an adventurer, travelling the land and helping people in their daily struggles, and he has never felt so free. He misses his mother dearly, yes, but all things have their time, and he will never disgrace her memory by allowing himself to fall into such depression that he does not enjoy the second chance that he has been given.

Personality & Sexuality:

At heart, Artorius is a kindhearted, gentle soul who will always try to make people feel better any way he can, and delights in earning grateful or amused smiles from people he sets out to help. Whilst he is not against killing when necessary – such as when he is clearing out a Goblin encampment from a forest near a human village that they have been raiding – he is always hesitant to resort to it as the first solution, and is more happy coming up with diplomatic solutions that keep everybody happy. Whilst he is skilled with his sword, it is healing people and making them happy that truly brings him joy, as well as being able to live life on his terms. When out of combat, he is always eager to please those he has decided are “Above” him, and delights in receiving rewards for his good behavior; he is, to put it bluntly, what many people would call a “Healslut,” a healer who delights in servicing his chosen party sexually as well as with Divine Magic. When he makes friends, he makes them for life, remaining unfailingly loyal and devoted to their wellbeing. Despite his ability in combat, if he is around people he distrusts or actively fears, he will withdraw and attempt to evade notice, more comfortable with being ignored than initiating a conflict of some kind. He is not afraid to draw his blade, but only when the other party initiates conflict. He will never instigate a fight himself; it goes against everything he believes to be the first to bare steel.

Artorius is Bisexual, readily indulging in sex when his Party and friends require sexual relief, or a distraction of some kind for a Monster or foe. To call him a “Healslut” would be an understatement!

Vergil Tanner

And there we go! :D I'm thinking he's gonna be a Polearm Paladin. :D

Chulanowa

Vergil Tanner

ChaoticSky

Its worth noting, that longer lived races can also catch a case of dead. So even if that Elf would have lived long enough to see all three APs, they could have died young and left a child behind. Just something that occurred to me.

On another note, keep in mind that pure healing is not ideal. So make sure your character can fight and stuff too, Mr Trap ;).

For myself, I've been curious to try out the new warrior-poet samurai archtype, but Brawlers are a old favourite. What do you guys think would be more appealing? A refined and beautiful lady of war or a rambunctious and muscular brawler?

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I agree. To be fair, both Healbot Oracles and Paladins have plenty of bite to them; Oracles get access to some pretty nasty spells and abilities!

Though if I went with a Paladin, well...Paladins can pack one hell of a punch. Shield Focus + Shield Brace + Difficult Swings = you ain't getting anywhere near the guy. xD I've wanted to try a Polearm Build for a while, and whilst Fighter is the best bet for ANY combat build due to the glut of feats, Paladins can make a decent Polearm Fighter too.

As for your character, experiment! Go for it!

As long as she's willing to dominate the Trap. :P :P

Zaer Darkwail

Also paladins have smite evil so they fare very good vs evil guys. Anyways I like the refined lady of war approach more but there are sexy brawler/bruiser ladies as well :).

Vergil Tanner

I do fondly remember an Anti Paladin of Asmodeus, though. Dark Paladins are always great fun to play :P

TheGlyphstone

What's the easiest way to get a weapon proficiency? Angelos is decked out in bling, but no pimp is complete without a proper pimp (sword) cane.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 10:21:34 AM
What's the easiest way to get a weapon proficiency? Angelos is decked out in bling, but no pimp is complete without a proper pimp (sword) cane.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/equipment-traits/heirloom-weapon/ Trait.

In exchange i demand your opinion; a boisterous and muscular lady brawler or a more refined and beautiful lady of war?  ;D

TheGlyphstone

Refined and beautiful. Angelos ain't pimpin' out no rough and raw hoes, only the classiest and most elegant on his string. ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 30, 2018, 10:12:33 AM
I do fondly remember an Anti Paladin of Asmodeus, though. Dark Paladins are always great fun to play :P

Asmodeus paladin I have ran with as well and I intent to run (through albeit indirectly) in pathfinder: Kingmaker game (through using Crusader archetype cleric). As antipaladin archetype or class is not available on game yet.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 30, 2018, 10:24:40 AM
In exchange i demand your opinion; a boisterous and muscular lady brawler or a more refined and beautiful lady of war?  ;D

As mentioned I am fine either but so far leaning is to refined lady of war; basically samurai female who dons armor on battle but dons on beautiful silk kimono when hair down or in social situation.

Vergil Tanner

What do you mean? Antipaladin as a class is so totally available. It's one of the Alternate Classes, like Ninja and Samurai.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 30, 2018, 10:35:28 AM
What do you mean? Antipaladin as a class is so totally available. It's one of the Alternate Classes, like Ninja and Samurai.

Not in the Pathfinder Kingmaker CRPG. That's what he was talking about.

TheGlyphstone

I'm waiting until they patch it a bit. It's got a ton of bugs right now.

Zaer Darkwail

Some bugs and also some insane difficulty levels some parts and random encounters which eat party alive and such. But I do risk it as I trust patches and such come along the way (albeit some dumb decisions like give 2th encounter level mites Dex 25 as means boost their attack rolls in Hard difficulty :P).

Vergil Tanner

How did I not know about this?! I might need to pick it up. Is it any good?

ChaoticSky

So what is the plan to handle later generations anyway? Make whole new characters?

Because i thought it might be fun to shack up with a party member, then the next generation we could play siblings.  8-)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, check youtube videos :). Atm following Retcon's gameplay (he was alpha/beta tester of the game so he does not linger long on mechanics and such as much). Here is link to video, char gen is amazing overall and I get Baldur's Gate vibes from it and it tries be loyal to material. But it has bugs still and difficulty past normal is 'nuts'. But besides that I think it's decent game albeit it has some flaws. Also it's not quite beginner friendly as it does not explain all things (like casting spells cause AoO which is not obvious those not familiar with pathfinder rules).

However it has high customization even gameplay stuff; able decide how tough your foes are, do they crit how hard and what mechanics affect you.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 30, 2018, 11:19:16 AM
So what is the plan to handle later generations anyway? Make whole new characters?

Because i thought it might be fun to shack up with a party member, then the next generation we could play siblings.  8-)

New chars, key to this game is that they are descendants (by blood or adopted) by original first gen chars and third part also new chars which are related to second gen.

TheGlyphstone

That's probably something for very, very long-term thinking though. First we have to finish character selection, then we have to actually complete an entire adventure path from 1-15 at PbP pacing. Once we're over that hurdle, we can figure out the next generation.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, most Pathfinder games on E don't even get a Level Up before they die, so...one step at a time xD

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, leveling up in ANY game in E would be own small miracle  ;D. But otherwise neat concept to go by as a game.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 11:21:11 AM
That's probably something for very, very long-term thinking though. First we have to finish character selection, then we have to actually complete an entire adventure path from 1-15 at PbP pacing. Once we're over that hurdle, we can figure out the next generation.

Yeah that.. Though I do recall managing to level up players. *chuckles*

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 30, 2018, 11:23:39 AM
Aye, leveling up in ANY game in E would be own small miracle  ;D. But otherwise neat concept to go by as a game.

How long did it take to get a level in Legendary Monsters? The better part of a year, wasn't it?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on September 30, 2018, 11:28:03 AM
Yeah that.. Though I do recall managing to level up players. *chuckles*

Yeah, it was PvP heavy game where levels came from number of matches overall than official XP system :P.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 11:58:30 AM
How long did it take to get a level in Legendary Monsters? The better part of a year, wasn't it?

Yeah, it did I think.

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 10:21:34 AM

The easiest way is to not play a Silksworn  ;D

The Heirloom weapon trait gives you proficiency in one single, specific weapon. If you lose it or it breaks or what have you, you're out of luck.
As a human, you can trade in your bonus feat for the Military Training racial feature, to gain proficiency in two martial or exotic weapons.
Martial weapon Proficiency will of course give you proficiency in one martial weapon, but costs a feat.
Multiclass into something with the proficiency you want.

Or - and this is what I would do - have a sword cane and just be bad at using it in a fight.

Ixy

Is this going to be another game where everyone furiously posts their lavish ideas for a week, has insular side conversations in public to drive off outside interest, then suddenly everyone stops posting because they're "busy irl" (translation: after their zany character loses its sparkle)?

I don't want to waste the time and energy if it's just going to be zaer posting by day twelve.  I may not be accepted anyway.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 30, 2018, 12:18:14 PM

Or - and this is what I would do - have a sword cane and just be bad at using it in a fight.

That's probably the best option. Cause not being a Blingomancer is right out. ;D

Vergil Tanner

Lmao, yeah, sometimes flair isn't worth the cost xD Except when you have the chance to give something levels in Monk Unchained. That's never not a good idea :P

I had a Cardcaster Magus with a single level of MU (the thrown monk Archetype) and my GM allowed the DnD 3.5 Feat "Kung Fu Genius," which allows you to use Int instead of Wis for Monk Stuff.

Mwa.
Ha.
Ha.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ixy on September 30, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
Is this going to be another game where everyone furiously posts their lavish ideas for a week, has insular side conversations in public to drive off outside interest, then suddenly everyone stops posting because they're "busy irl" (translation: after their zany character loses its sparkle)?

I don't want to waste the time and energy if it's just going to be zaer posting by day twelve.  I may not be accepted anyway.

Well, I do not intent with my posting driving outside interest away but besides myself others are enthusiastic about the game as well and some game adds have died because GM thinks there are no enthusiasm from players (or simply no posts and thus no pushing add up in the page). Usually most numerous posts in my part happen during weekends as during the week I am at school (at computer yes but I got work to do as well).

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 30, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
Yeah, it was PvP heavy game where levels came from number of matches overall than official XP system :P.

I ran more games than that, but, you know, that still counts too.

QuoteIs this going to be another game where everyone furiously posts their lavish ideas for a week, has insular side conversations in public to drive off outside interest, then suddenly everyone stops posting because they're "busy irl" (translation: after their zany character loses its sparkle)?

Well, somebody is a grump.. Also, unless I'm alienated I feel I've proven reliable hang-aroundy too *chuckles*

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ixy on September 30, 2018, 12:22:03 PM

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm just waiting for GM update  ;D And my character is only zany in that she can use her forehead to open a beer can.

lillisa

Tam sends his apologies. He should be back tomorrow. Small family emergency.

Ixy

I'm sorry that last post was so gripey.  I hope to have a couple bags ideas in simpler presentation form, but without setting they'll be a little vague.

Chulanowa

Well, assuming we're doing them in order...

the opening setting for Rise of the Runelords is Sandpoint, a coastal village in the frontier region of Varisia. As the adventure opens, the town is celebrating the swallowtail Festival to honor its primary gods (Abadar, Desna, Erastil Gozreh, Sarenrae and Shelyn) and consecrate a new church to them. It's a mostly human town though full of enough travelers and eccentric weirdos that you reach a kind of "whatever goes" situation. It's very much your "Level 1 starting area" kind of setting, and the characters are expected to be either locals, or hailing from nearby and coming to visit for the festival.

Varisia itself is aside from a few coastal towns, largely a wilderness, with dramatic land features that run the gamut from a large Suckmarsh in the south to Mountains Full of Giants in the northwest, and of course your plains full of resentful barbarian tribes somewhere in the middle. There's even an Elfwood in there somewhere. The whole place is full of lost ruins and dungeons from an ancient empire that ruled it thousands and thousands of years ago.

Shattered Star takes place in Magnimar, the largest and primary city in Varisia. If you're familiar with Forgotten Realms, it's basically just Waterdeep, but with some angel-worshipping cults scattered around. Characters in this one are expected to be members of the Pathfinder Society, a multi-regional professional adventuring society.

And I have no idea what the setting and presumptions of hte third adventure path are, so, well... i did the best I could!

Ixy

Thank you Chulanowa... I really don't know if this write-up will work for the setting, then, but it can be adapted as needed.

Background
Clay was born to a rural, farming family that was wiped out by plague when she was only twelve.  Having survived her own affliction only by chance, she was left to scavenge among the remnants of her village until supplies ran out, then fell in with a pilgrimage of death-cult wanderers who were winding their way through the plague-ravaged lands.  Though their treatment of her was not necessarily malicious, they were a strange and vaguely evil group, and she was subjected to a weird variety of teachings and experiences that still haunt her dreams.

The cult was deemed heretical upon its arrival at a powerful local city-state, and inquisitors eradicated them-- Clay and a small handful of other children found among the group were spared, as they were considered to be victims of the cult's teachings and possible to save.  As such, she was turned over to the temple to raise, where she learned much of relations with the gods despite an uneasy relationship-- fear and anger equally mixed-- toward the good-natured divines.

Nearing legal adulthood, she fled the church's grip and took to the streets of the city, changing her name and appearance somewhat as she fell in with thieves and thugs.  Though she lacked the streetwise to be of much use as a thief, her knowledge of the church and its burial practices was valuable, and she found herself aiding a crew of grave-robbers.  She lacked any inhibitions when it came to dealing with the dead-- no fear of vengeful spirits, nor infection from festering bones.  She began to show an affinity for them, even speaking to the remains as she worked.

Her unnerving practices drove her to operate more and more independently as she sought practicioners of dark arts and students of death.  Ironically, this landed her among those who understood her, and after she was caught living after-hours in the local medical school, she was arrested and sentenced to live in Ravenhurst Sanitarium for the Insane.  Refusing to turn to evil-- for she was not cruel, simply curious-- she finally found her niche among the staff there, who served Nemyth Vaar. 

They quickly recognized that she was not insane, but gifted with a connection to the divinity of death.  She was an outcast, abandoned by the other gods and, though raised in a temple, she would never wear divine grace.  With little guidance from them, she stayed there among the insane for less than a year, and she heard it-- the whisper of truth among the mad.  She knew of hmi, and there was only one thing they could do... help her to spread his word.

She appeases the vengeful god by levying the dead  themselves toward greater purpose, by speaking the secrets that the living should not know, and by channeling chaos against the self-righteous orders that seek to control this world.

Appearance
Clay is petite and frail-looking and willowy at a distance, like some underfed waif.  But a closer look reveals her slender form to be lean-muscled and tough, her eyes challenging and dark, her dark hair shining with short curls like polished ebony against her alabaster-powder skin.  Her skin is so fair that the hint of her blue veins show at the corners of her forehead, at her wrists, and toward the swell of her breasts-- which, though not oversized and though she does not dress provocatively, tend to expose cleavage in most garments she wears.  Her dark-gray eyes and arching black brows often twitch curiously as she searches over  those she meets... either she's constantly paranoid of others' intentions, or she's genuinely curious about the dimensions of their bone structure.

Sexuality
Despite her morbid propensities, she's surprisingly lively when it comes to physical pleasures.  Though luxurious living and food do not fascinate her, she's always been curious about la petite mort.  She doesn't enjoy random sexual encounters, flirting, or courtly romance; however, when she forms an emotional connection or develops a strong curiosity of someone-- man, woman, or otherwise-- that often includes sexual desire.  This may be a strange experience for her partner, who may mistake her appreciation or respect for love or lust.  This may also be strange because... well... she possesses some necrophiliac tendenceies.  She likes copulating in tombs, on graves or in freshly-dug ones, in empty sepulchres, amid the presence of watching ghosts or spectres, etc.  She hasn't had many lovers, but a couple of brief encounters and a scant few powerful experiences with mentors at the asylum-- others have been decidedly scared away by her unusual predelictions.  As a result, her experiences are generally introverted, solitary ones.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Ixy on October 02, 2018, 11:50:57 AM
Thank you Chulanowa... I really don't know if this write-up will work for the setting, then, but it can be adapted as needed.

Background
Clay was born to a rural, farming family that was wiped out by plague when she was only twelve.  Having survived her own affliction only by chance, she was left to scavenge among the remnants of her village until supplies ran out, then fell in with a pilgrimage of death-cult wanderers who were winding their way through the plague-ravaged lands.  Though their treatment of her was not necessarily malicious, they were a strange and vaguely evil group, and she was subjected to a weird variety of teachings and experiences that still haunt her dreams.

The cult was deemed heretical upon its arrival at a powerful local city-state, and inquisitors eradicated them-- Clay and a small handful of other children found among the group were spared, as they were considered to be victims of the cult's teachings and possible to save.  As such, she was turned over to the temple to raise, where she learned much of relations with the gods despite an uneasy relationship-- fear and anger equally mixed-- toward the good-natured divines.

Nearing legal adulthood, she fled the church's grip and took to the streets of the city, changing her name and appearance somewhat as she fell in with thieves and thugs.  Though she lacked the streetwise to be of much use as a thief, her knowledge of the church and its burial practices was valuable, and she found herself aiding a crew of grave-robbers.  She lacked any inhibitions when it came to dealing with the dead-- no fear of vengeful spirits, nor infection from festering bones.  She began to show an affinity for them, even speaking to the remains as she worked.

Her unnerving practices drove her to operate more and more independently as she sought practicioners of dark arts and students of death.  Ironically, this landed her among those who understood her, and after she was caught living after-hours in the local medical school, she was arrested and sentenced to live in Ravenhurst Sanitarium for the Insane.  Refusing to turn to evil-- for she was not cruel, simply curious-- she finally found her niche among the staff there, who served Nemyth Vaar. 

They quickly recognized that she was not insane, but gifted with a connection to the divinity of death.  She was an outcast, abandoned by the other gods and, though raised in a temple, she would never wear divine grace.  With little guidance from them, she stayed there among the insane for less than a year, and she heard it-- the whisper of truth among the mad.  She knew of hmi, and there was only one thing they could do... help her to spread his word.

She appeases the vengeful god by levying the dead  themselves toward greater purpose, by speaking the secrets that the living should not know, and by channeling chaos against the self-righteous orders that seek to control this world.

Appearance
Clay is petite and frail-looking and willowy at a distance, like some underfed waif.  But a closer look reveals her slender form to be lean-muscled and tough, her eyes challenging and dark, her dark hair shining with short curls like polished ebony against her alabaster-powder skin.  Her skin is so fair that the hint of her blue veins show at the corners of her forehead, at her wrists, and toward the swell of her breasts-- which, though not oversized and though she does not dress provocatively, tend to expose cleavage in most garments she wears.  Her dark-gray eyes and arching black brows often twitch curiously as she searches over  those she meets... either she's constantly paranoid of others' intentions, or she's genuinely curious about the dimensions of their bone structure.

Sexuality
Despite her morbid propensities, she's surprisingly lively when it comes to physical pleasures.  Though luxurious living and food do not fascinate her, she's always been curious about la petite mort.  She doesn't enjoy random sexual encounters, flirting, or courtly romance; however, when she forms an emotional connection or develops a strong curiosity of someone-- man, woman, or otherwise-- that often includes sexual desire.  This may be a strange experience for her partner, who may mistake her appreciation or respect for love or lust.  This may also be strange because... well... she possesses some necrophiliac tendenceies.  She likes copulating in tombs, on graves or in freshly-dug ones, in empty sepulchres, amid the presence of watching ghosts or spectres, etc.  She hasn't had many lovers, but a couple of brief encounters and a scant few powerful experiences with mentors at the asylum-- others have been decidedly scared away by her unusual predelictions.  As a result, her experiences are generally introverted, solitary ones.

Its actually nod bad. Its clearly not written for Pathfinder's Golarion setting, but a few tweaks can fix it. For your god theres a few options, since we dont have a Death God of the sort your describing, the primary Goddess of Death is Parasma, who is a impartial arbiter/judgey type.

For one, Zon-Kuthon... hes basically Pinhead from Hellraiser as a god. He used to be... different, the son of a powerful god of nature and brother to Shelyn (then goddess of beauty), but his wander lust took him beyond Golarion, into the Dark Tapestry that stretches between the stars(Lovecraft land) and came back twisted into a creature of sadism and agony, wielding a glaive, the Whisperer of Souls basically made of pure evilness that its self was a nascent god waiting to be born. He chained his father and twisted him into his Herald though agony and torment, but Shelyn (who became the goddess of love and beauty) fought him off and stole away his Glaive.

To this day Shelyn works to unmake the Whisperer, and relations between the siblings are... complicated. Due to her nature, shes incapable of not loving him, despite everything, and Zon Kuthon shows her (and her alone) a twisted sort of favour.. to the point he will absolutely destroy any of his clergy who harm her's. Its more than a little sarcastic though... Kutonites often give glaives to Shelynites, crafted to be items of great beauty so they cant throw them away or destroy them(shelyn proscribes the destruction of art, regardless of its nature. So even though her followers are usually pacifists, they cant throw the weapons away), partially as a nod to the fact that their goddess stole the Whisperer and partly to actually help keep them safe.

Zon Kuthon lives on the Shadow Plane, is Lawful Evil and has the Darkness, Death Destruction, Evil and Law domains, along with the Catastrophe, Devil, Loss, Murder, Night and Undead subdomains. The nation of Nidal (south of Varisia where the game is happening) is dedicated to him.

Art!

(and since i was planning to play a followe of Shelyn, that might make for a neat connection?)

Next up is Urgothoa, the goddess of carnal excess, disease and undeath, she was the original undead and retains alot of power in that area, but she also represents the hungers of the undead for things the living have, so shes big on gluttony and the like. Shes kinda Frenemies with Calistria (the elven goddess of lust, thieves and assassins) as they compete for worshippers. Shes mostly looked at like a evil deity (and she is NE), but in some places her worship has a strong underground following and is quasi-acceptable as long as you keep it to yourself. The nation of Geb (being a land of undead) is the center of her worship.

She has the Death, Evil, Magic, Strength and War domains, and Blood, Daemon, Divine, Ferocity, Murder, Plague and Undead subdomains.

Then, theres Achaekek, the Mantis God, is a divine praying mantis, and god of divine punishment. He hunts down people who are trying to become gods themselves and offs them before they can do it, while his followers are mostly a group of high end assassins who emulate their god by never killing rightful rulers, only everyone else :P They founded the city of Ilizmagorti in his honour. Hes LE, and has Death, Evil, Law, Trickery and War, with Blood, Deception, Devil, Murder, Tactics and Thievery. 

And lastly we have Norgorber, big mystery guy, big on secrets, backstabbing and murder... especially the murder. Achieved godhood through the Starstone. Pretty much everything about him is unknown or a secret, he is neutral to almost everyone, but trusted by no one because of his deceptive ways. His cult is forbidden basically everywhere and there are no nations or cities dedicated to him (the torture fanatics get less flack publicly than his do), they operate in cells, dedicated to one of for aspects of Norgorber, and function more like a assassin guild than a church.

Ixy

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 02, 2018, 05:03:50 PM
Its actually nod bad. Its clearly not written for Pathfinder's Golarion setting, but a few tweaks can fix it. For your god theres a few options, since we dont have a Death God of the sort your describing, the primary Goddess of Death is Parasma, who is a impartial arbiter/judgey type.

For one, Zon-Kuthon... hes basically Pinhead from Hellraiser as a god. He used to be... different, the son of a powerful god of nature and brother to Shelyn (then goddess of beauty), but his wander lust took him beyond Golarion, into the Dark Tapestry that stretches between the stars(Lovecraft land) and came back twisted into a creature of sadism and agony, wielding a glaive, the Whisperer of Souls basically made of pure evilness that its self was a nascent god waiting to be born. He chained his father and twisted him into his Herald though agony and torment, but Shelyn (who became the goddess of love and beauty) fought him off and stole away his Glaive.

To this day Shelyn works to unmake the Whisperer, and relations between the siblings are... complicated. Due to her nature, shes incapable of not loving him, despite everything, and Zon Kuthon shows her (and her alone) a twisted sort of favour.. to the point he will absolutely destroy any of his clergy who harm her's. Its more than a little sarcastic though... Kutonites often give glaives to Shelynites, crafted to be items of great beauty so they cant throw them away or destroy them(shelyn proscribes the destruction of art, regardless of its nature. So even though her followers are usually pacifists, they cant throw the weapons away), partially as a nod to the fact that their goddess stole the Whisperer and partly to actually help keep them safe.

Zon Kuthon lives on the Shadow Plane, is Lawful Evil and has the Darkness, Death Destruction, Evil and Law domains, along with the Catastrophe, Devil, Loss, Murder, Night and Undead subdomains. The nation of Nidal (south of Varisia where the game is happening) is dedicated to him.

Art!

(and since i was planning to play a followe of Shelyn, that might make for a neat connection?)

Next up is Urgothoa, the goddess of carnal excess, disease and undeath, she was the original undead and retains alot of power in that area, but she also represents the hungers of the undead for things the living have, so shes big on gluttony and the like. Shes kinda Frenemies with Calistria (the elven goddess of lust, thieves and assassins) as they compete for worshippers. Shes mostly looked at like a evil deity (and she is NE), but in some places her worship has a strong underground following and is quasi-acceptable as long as you keep it to yourself. The nation of Geb (being a land of undead) is the center of her worship.

She has the Death, Evil, Magic, Strength and War domains, and Blood, Daemon, Divine, Ferocity, Murder, Plague and Undead subdomains.

Then, theres Achaekek, the Mantis God, is a divine praying mantis, and god of divine punishment. He hunts down people who are trying to become gods themselves and offs them before they can do it, while his followers are mostly a group of high end assassins who emulate their god by never killing rightful rulers, only everyone else :P They founded the city of Ilizmagorti in his honour. Hes LE, and has Death, Evil, Law, Trickery and War, with Blood, Deception, Devil, Murder, Tactics and Thievery. 

And lastly we have Norgorber, big mystery guy, big on secrets, backstabbing and murder... especially the murder. Achieved godhood through the Starstone. Pretty much everything about him is unknown or a secret, he is neutral to almost everyone, but trusted by no one because of his deceptive ways. His cult is forbidden basically everywhere and there are no nations or cities dedicated to him (the torture fanatics get less flack publicly than his do), they operate in cells, dedicated to one of for aspects of Norgorber, and function more like a assassin guild than a church.

Thank you for the feedback, ChaoticSky.  I really appreciate the insights, and potential connections.  I had made the mistake of working off a 3rd party publisher's pantheon, which... well... yeah, my bad.

The possibility of a Kuthite Cleric (Death Lord) would be incredibly fun, but she would definitely have to lean more toward the neutral end of the scale rather than the purely evil.  Sure, it's nice to have a pure villain working for your party sometimes, but I don't expect anyone would be okay with having a sadistic torture-machine in the party.  However, her story would support a slow migration toward his philosophies, and if the DM is willing, then we could entertain her as a chosen Cleric of death with slow leanings toward the darker aspects of the 'faith' that come very gradually to the forefront.

Supporting this, additional details could be added to build her hatred of a more "respectable" religion from abuse in the temple at an early age when it was clear that she was "different", and that she reacted to discipline-- especially corporal punishment-- in a way that was altogether unexpected, making her feared, even loathed as a child.  Especially with the lack of organization among many of Zon-Kuthon's worshipers, she may not know that the pull she feels to serve his will is even a divine calling.  Maybe she sees her god in visions and hallucinations during the most extreme of circumstances, and she keeps whatever name she calls him a deep, dark secret.  This way, even if the party is essentially "good", she could perhaps serve as an ally-- just... you know... one with extreme fetishes that she doesn't fully understand yet.

If the character background works that way for the group and the DM, I'd like to give this a chance.  Black sheep... baaaa.

Tamhansen

Thank you all for your patience ind interest. I had a small issue to deal with, that sadly cost most of my time this past week. I will go over everyone's characters and react asap.
ons and offs

Grizzly

Hope that I'm not too late.

Name: Noirin
Class: Brawler (Shield Champion)
Background:   
Noirin's mother was a fighter who originally hailed from Sandpoint.  After fighting her way through several wars, the last thing that she wanted for her daughter was to have her follow in her footsteps.  Taking what treasure that she had accumulated over the years, she opened up a tavern, with Noirin working as a server.  As Noirin grew into adulthood, she found herself on the receiving end of unwanted attention, so her mother taught her a few little tricks to protect herself.

One night, a group of older adventurers arrived.  They claimed to be old friends of her mother, there to recruit her for one last foray.  Reluctantly, Noirins mother accepted the offer and entrusted the tavern to her daughter.  The quest went badly and one of the surviving members of the expedition returned to give Noirin the bad news, along with her mothers shield. 

One night, a particularly belligerent patron tried to force himself upon Noirin.  She defended herself but not before injuring and humiliating the patron, who turned out to be a powerful nobles son.  Rather than risk retribution, Noirin left the tavern.  She remembered her mother telling her of family that they had in a small town called Sandpoint, and Noirin, her mothers shield upon her back, decided to start anew in the town.

Notes:
Noirin is a generally cheerful sort, for no one wants to buy food and drink from gloomy tavern keeper, but she does have a bit of a temper when it comes to shenanigans.  She has no issues with openly flirting with either gender, and has had some brief affairs with both men and women, but none have lasted long. 

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Tamhansen

ons and offs

PixelatedPixie

Is there still time to toss in a concept?  I had been holding off to wait for the formal thread. 

Roleplay Frog

Same. I was lead to believe there was going to be a seperate thread.

That said, also rather disappointed I've never even gotten a response to my pm, I don't think that bodes well, so onto the next rp it is.