Game night comes to the Forums (seeking players)

Started by Benen, December 07, 2015, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benen

well after a fairly successful game night on saturday, with a off the cuff form of vocalized D&D, I have thought about bringing it to the forums, and well here it is.

The Premise

you and others have come together under the banner of a single flag, not one of you is the same as others, each with their own unique skills and their own challenges to come that may befall them.

The Rules

1. Each player will roll a D20 (preferably in the dice roller, and posting their result)
2. Based on their roll the highest number will select a Race and a class. selection will continue down the list of players starting from highest roll down to the lowest. in the case of a tie roll, both players will roll again, the highest out of the rolls selecting first
3. Each race and class selected will be marked off the list
4. After all have selected their race and character, you can begin to build the back story to your character.
5. Finally after all is said and done you will receive a single special item of your choosing from a mentor, master, or leader. this item is a special relic designed to help you along your journey.

What am I looking for

to be short, looking for a group of players who can think outside the box, be able to be flexible and have fun. while the game does revolve around elements of D&D, it is not wholly the game, being as it there will be some grand liberties taken. if its awesome and you can show reason for why your character can do something then by jove you can. the aim is to have fun, and not so much to go by the rules.

I look forward to hear from those interested and will give more details in the opening character post.

Chulanowa

I was told of this, and thought to myself "Well, that sounds like it could be interesting." So, call me interested

bubby

Benen

I said I will, in the character thread, I want to see if others are interested.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Chulanowa

Benen

I will let you all know, looking for a few more people to hopefully have a rounded out party.. both for humor, and balance.

Swashbuckler

Oh, count me in, unless you've filled or have too many fellas already.  We played a D&D game like this once, although the race and class rolls were separate, and it was great fun.

Niki315

I'd be interested. What version would we be playing in?

Benen

welcome aboard swash and niki. to answer both your questions. yes there is still space, and we are not playing a definitive version.. it is based on D&D but not wholly of it. which means if  you want to rock that half-orc wizard from second edition that kicked ass. by all means go for it. you have a Gnome warlock from 5th that's not all powerful, but is a great joker, that's welcomed as well. all of these can are perfectly fine.. there will be a standard for each class, but not a way to play them.

Swashbuckler

As the worst power gamer ever, you can be assured of a weak, joking character from me...

Benen

hehe well I am making up the character thread now, so I hope you all Enjoy once I have made the post available to everyone.

Ash

Quote from: Swashbuckler on December 09, 2015, 07:21:43 AM
As the worst power gamer ever, you can be assured of a weak, joking character from me...

Nothing wrong with that!
I do the same..I love seriously flawed and ridiculous characters. :)

Two pirates, one thread...how fun!

Benen

alright everyone here is the link for characters https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240915.new#new I am willing to have a few more people join as well, but no more then 10, excluding myself, since I will only be posting a limited number of races and classes.

Ash

Question, Ben sweets..

It says roll and post above the character sheet...but we don't know race or class yet?
So how do we make it before knowing the two most important parts of the character? Do you want us to come up with a general idea and add the rest later?

Benen

ok so to clarify. roll on dice bot, and post your result in a response. once everyone has posted their response, we will begin the selection process. under your roll, you will post the character template and fill it out from there.

Benen

lol, use it and post it as yoru result in the character thread

Black Howling

Benen

the character thread is up and open. so yes we are rolling, but please post your results there so others don't get confused.

Ash

Lol..no I did..
I just haven't had enough coffee to be awake and functioning.. lol
Nice roll Howling.
We're suppose to post it in the other thread. Lol