Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

well then ya all have the first look inside "the London Royal Apothecary"

Phaia

Phaia

"The London Royal Apothecary"

Fine Medicines made from the best ingredients to aid in all manner of aliments. Oils, elixirs, potions, cream to help cure all manner of aches and pains all made from the best medical components. Razors from Germany and Great Britain, shaving bristle brushes and soap from Paris and Istanbul. Rare herbs and spices from around the world. Ladies Toiletry and fragrances and for the men. An award winning exclusive cigar. H. Upmann winner of 7 gold awards since 1844.
--Shop Hours from 12 noon to 7 pm --

Kuroneko

Okay, my sheet is sent in *collapses in a heap*
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Wulfspire

Looks lovely, Phaia! Can't wait to visit!

Phaia

Quote from: Wannabe on March 02, 2013, 09:20:24 PM
Looks lovely, Phaia! Can't wait to visit!

those cigars are not cheap

$2 each but then they are the best in world [and actaully were from that time though some of the awards were in 1880s we wont bother with that extra detail]

Kuroneko

And now I know where Sloane buys his cigars ;).

Phaia

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 02, 2013, 09:40:36 PM
And now I know where Sloane buys his cigars ;).

will have to be sure to stock more since i dont remember exactly how many of the speical i had her buy

sent in the sheet finally as well

Phaia

Dhi

$2 a cigar? Why, Onneca could afford to smoke them by the dozen! Mouthfuls of fine cigars, the epitome of class!

(half a cigar later, the unfortunate Ms. de Goni is found dead, her gentle canary lungs plum exploded)

esclavage

Quote from: Phaia on March 02, 2013, 09:08:02 PM

"The London Royal Apothecary"

Fine Medicines made from the best ingredients to aid in all manner of aliments. Oils, elixirs, potions, cream to help cure all manner of aches and pains all made from the best medical components. Razors from Germany and Great Britain, shaving bristle brushes and soap from Paris and Istanbul. Rare herbs and spices from around the world. Ladies Toiletry and fragrances and for the men. An award winning exclusive cigar. H. Upmann winner of 7 gold awards since 1844.
--Shop Hours from 12 noon to 7 pm --

Will you be selling any type of cream that protects against sunburn?  I'm quite aware that such things don't normally exist until the early 1900s, but I figure we are in a fantastical world anyways.  And my gal, Ginny, has fair skin!

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

yesiroleplay

Better advertising than a cigar store Indian...

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on March 02, 2013, 11:26:43 PM
$2 a cigar? Why, Onneca could afford to smoke them by the dozen! Mouthfuls of fine cigars, the epitome of class!

(half a cigar later, the unfortunate Ms. de Goni is found dead, her gentle canary lungs plum exploded)

*giggles*

Kokaine

$2... seems Harley will be tobacco free. But that's okay, there are plenty of other habits she can develop ;)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kuroneko

I had him buy quite a few to start with, but anything special will be appreciated ;)

Aiden

Tobacco pouch is only 50 cents, roll your own! 1 dollar for the good shit and it last a good month or two. (depending on how often you smoke!)

Marcus will, he only smokes a cigar once in a while.

Phaia

Quote from: esclavage on March 02, 2013, 11:28:00 PM
Will you be selling any type of cream that protects against sunburn?  I'm quite aware that such things don't normally exist until the early 1900s, but I figure we are in a fantastical world anyways.  And my gal, Ginny, has fair skin!

why dear lady I to I have fair skin...this lotion from paris uses the aloe plant from the islands full of savages in the far east... also a touch of georiga peach added for fragance!! this should keep the skin smooth and aid with any burns you get from wind or sun!!
Only a 50 cents for 8 onuces!

[we wont mention she make it for about a dime]

Lady Boyle

[Phaia]

Phaia

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 02, 2013, 11:34:36 PM
I had him buy quite a few to start with, but anything special will be appreciated ;)

Mr Sloane, I only have about 50 of the H. Upmann
I ordered them to see if anyone would be interested...I can order more though they come from London and will take at leasta  month to 6 weeks for travel...all sealed of course!

Phaia

Love And Submission

Quote from: Dhi on March 02, 2013, 11:26:43 PM

My dear,  I quite disagree. A  Calabash pipe is a far more stylish  way of  inhaling fine  tobacco.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

yesiroleplay

Cuban imports are not illegal - Mr Castro is decades in the future.
So - there are some pretty fine cigars available.  Apparently

Kuroneko

yesiroleplay

Etah dna Evol

I am interested. Will check back later.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Ciosa

Welcome, Etah!

So, tentaviely, my plan is to go 'live' on Friday.  Opening up threads and getting the ball rolling.  That's going to presume I can finish the wiki's three remaining pages (Gomorra/Great Maze detail, more details about the shops and what not around Gomorra, and finally the 'opening act' of the game, in 'Welcome to Gomorra.)  However, Monday I'll be putting up an OOC chatter, as well as a 'backstory' thread for people to work out past relationships in character.  This can through IC posts or as a brief description of relationships agreed on between PCs.  I'll also put up the Public Knowledge thread, with the 'mini' version of the character sheet for people to post their own public backgrounds.

A question for the players - would you rather have the tagging system use the sienna style pictures I've been doing all through the wiki, or color pictures for a character pic?

Kuroneko

I prefer color myself, but I'll go with the majority vote.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Ciosa on March 03, 2013, 05:12:11 PM

A question for the players - would you rather have the tagging system use the sienna style pictures I've been doing all through the wiki, or color pictures for a character pic?

Hm. I don't think it matter's all that much; I like both. But I wouldn't mind using the coloured ones, just because I like colour lol. Like I said though, it doesn't matter much.

-xSRx