News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Temple Girl and Overthrowing the Kingdom

Started by mibeezi, December 14, 2011, 11:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mibeezi

The temple sits atop a hill, guarded by the large oak trees and made inaccessible by carriage given the rough dirt road. A year ago the temple would be frequented by villagers and travelers, seeking shelter or advice from the gods. It was within these walls that women bearing the weight of heavy white robes guided young and old through prayer, fed the sickly and the travelers, and provided kind advice that helped all live more harmoniously. Religious ceremonies were observed and holidays were spent on the hilltop from early morning until the dark hours of night. The temple was an important aspect of life for most, if not all of the local villagers. Within the last year, war erupted across the continent, pulling able-bodied men away from their homes to serve their king. It was during these wars that the village was attacked, swarmed by heavily armored soldiers who raped and pillaged at will, leaving destruction in their wake. It had been rumored for years that within the temple there lived a girl who was so connected to the gods that her body had been created as a vessel for their power.

The instigator of the war made to oust the king and take the throne for himself, to begin a reign of cruelty over the citizens. Upon hearing of the existence of this girl, he sent his armies in search of her, trashing temples across the kingdom and spilling the blood of any and all of the temple keepers. They did not find her and the instigators war was only partially successful. Soldiers occupy cities and villages and grow ever closer to the center of the kingdom. She lives in the temple on the top of the hill in the village, having received warning from her gods through dreams and hidden herself the night of the attack.

There exists a book, which was stolen from the altars of temples across the land. It details holidays, gods, scriptures, and prophecies. It is prophesied that the blood, the tears, and the body of the girl shall remain sacred, but shall inevitably fall into the hands of an unworthy master.

------------------------------------------------
I am searching for the instigator (will be a male character). I did not give him a name since that is not mine to decide and I wouldn’t know his name anyway. The end goal of the other player would be to use her to win the throne. I prefer solo, but perhaps after the storyline gets going others could be included in order to make the revolt and usurping of the king more interesting. In any case, for the time being it is one on one  Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

swordwind

I like this idea and I'll help you out. My only question is where would it start?