Caravanserai [Freeform, Modern, Laid-Back Writing Experience]

Started by Flower, November 14, 2021, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Hello, marvelous person! Thank you for taking the time to click this game post. Let me be the first to say we would be thrilled to have you create a character for our story. I do understand joining an already existing game can be intimidating, but hopefully, this thread will alleviate your concerns.

Everyone within this game is friendly and accepting of others. Aside from your characters enjoying day-to-day activities at the hotel, Caravanserai will have holidays festivities and other coordinated parties for its guests. Fill it with your drama, humor, romance, etc. We'll love you for it. Diversity (whether if of race, religion, sexual orientation, or what have you) is not only encouraged but genuinely accepted within this game. All we ask of potential writers is to actively involve their characters within the story and respect their co-writers.

Due to the format of the game, your character can easily drop in for one day and leave within the next without complication. Although we hope you'll stay awhile.

Caravanserai is a free-form story that takes place on Salistou Islands (found within French Polynesia) within the year 2025. Caravanserai took place within a desert paradise in our previous iteration, but it has since expanded its reach to a private island. The resort attracts people of all types, from those who seek to escape the havoc in their lives to those who simply have money to burn in their pocket. Whatever path you wish to take your character is up to you.

The Rules

• Who are the game masters?
    Flower and Lady Sakura will be your Game Masters. Despite this fact, we encourage you to submit ideas, suggestions, and concerns. However, please understand we will not accept all of your ideas.
  • Where section is it played?
    'Caravanserai' will be played in the non-adult board of Elliquiy. You can write sex scenes in its RLD thread (unavailable for Applicants).
  • How many characters can I make?
    Writers are allowed three characters. The first two character slots are guaranteed to everyone. The third is not and will be approved on a case by case basis.
  • Keep Out of Character and In-Character Separate.
    Do not leave Out of Character messages in IC post. Out of Character in the Out of Character thread.
  • Give people a reasonable time to post.
    In group scenes, please allow time for writers involved to respond before posting again. You took the time to write and craft your post. Let people respond to it!
  • Use Spellchecker and read your posts before clicking that post button.
    Mistakes happen. Nobody's perfect but put a little effort into your writing. Your partner will appreciate it.
  • Control your character, not anyone else's.
    God-modding without another writer's permission or using OOC knowledge is not permitted. If someone god-modes your character, send them a message to discuss the situation between yourselves. Do not call anyone out in OOC. Try not to get angry about it. Remember everyone has a different definition of god-modding, so the act might not have been intentional. If an issue cannot be resolved between involved writers, please include the GM in your messages.

This game is open to anyone. Applicants are also permitted to apply as well. Cross-gender writers are welcome too. As a warning, this is basically a sandbox game. While there will be parties and other events put together by the GMs, you should not rely on the GMs for your writing entertainment.

You have nothing to fear from the non-adult section. It's a lot less strict than you might believe.

• Heavy kissing is okay.
  • Heavy petting is okay.
  • Obscenities are okay.

• Nudity is not okay.
  • Sexual acts are not okay. However, there is a thread for sexual acts in the adult section of the forum. (unavailable for Applicants)
  • Extreme violence is not okay.

Your character must be 18+. The options for a backstory for your character are limitless.  They can be from any place in the world. They're on vacation, after all. Just keep in mind that they need to be wealthy or lucky enough (a sponsor, won a free trip) to afford the trip to Caravanserai. The only real restriction is that you may not write any killers, rapists, etc. While those characters are fun, we're not that sort of game. Don't hesitate to ask if you would like clarification on whether or not a character backstory is permissible or not.

Flower

Name: What's your character's name?
Age: How old is your character? All characters must be 18 years of age or older.
Sexuality: What's your character's sexuality?
Personality: How does your character behave around other people? Feel free to write a short blurb or list some adjectives. 

Eyes: What color are your character's eyes?
Height: How tall is your character?
Body Build: Is your character slender, muscular, thick, etc?
Additional Physical Notes: Do they have any tattoos, piercings, scars, etc?

History: What's your character's backstory? A paragraph is more than sufficient. Don't stress out.

Face Claim: If you use a face claim, it needs to be an actual person, not artwork. Pictures are not required. A written description will suffice.

Code (Guest Character Sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=300]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/0/01/Floweravatar46.png[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Body Build:[/b]
[b]Additional Physical Notes: [/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Face Claim:[/b]

Lady Sakura

Come join for a stress free good time! Everyone is amazing and very welcoming!

Britwitch

Have never done a group game before but a tropical island does sound awfully tempting... ;D

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Peripherie

Quote from: Britwitch on November 14, 2021, 11:02:09 AM
Have never done a group game before but a tropical island does sound awfully tempting... ;D

Yessss, Brit! Come and join the fun!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Flower

Fabulous place to dip a toe into it!

You'll find that group games (in my experience) have a lot of similarities to one on one stories. People tend to have scenes with one other person. Some folks prefer to play in a linear fashion (one scene at a time), while others like to write a bunch of scenes at once on different days/times. Just pick whatever makes you most comfortable. ^_^

Nadore

Oooh, super interesting. Where do we post character sheets? Here?

Flower

You can plop them here or through a message to Lady Sakura and I. Whatever is easiest for you. ^^

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Flower

Elizabeth Ecsed

!!! Caravanserai was my first home on E, and I'm so excited it's up and running again. I would definitely encourage any new people to jump in! We've got a really welcoming group and we'd be happy to create stories with you.

Lyron

Interested in trying it out again. ^^ I'll probably have concepts in a few.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Peripherie

Flower

You guys are in for a treat! Lyron created some hotties. xD

Lyron

Aw shucks. ;) I'm excited to play and am looking forward to seeing who else might come aboard!

Quote from: Peripherie on November 21, 2021, 11:53:14 AM
Welcome!

Hi Peri! It's good to see you around!

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Wolfling72

I am debating the feasibility of this notion. Some of my fave people are here.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Lyron

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Peripherie

Quote from: Lyron on November 21, 2021, 01:45:30 PM
Aw shucks. ;) I'm excited to play and am looking forward to seeing who else might come aboard!

Hi Peri! It's good to see you around!

You too!

Quote from: Wolfling72 on November 21, 2021, 02:01:25 PM
I am debating the feasibility of this notion. Some of my fave people are here.

Heeeey! *waves and beckons*

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Flower

Hey Wolfie! ^_^ Can always test the waters! The great thing about Cara is that it's no problem to jump in and out.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Flower on November 21, 2021, 05:50:32 PM
Hey Wolfie! ^_^ Can always test the waters! The great thing about Cara is that it's no problem to jump in and out.

we BOTH know I am gonna send someone for y'all to look at...I mean why even pretend that I am not...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Lyron

Quote from: Wolfling72 on November 21, 2021, 05:51:58 PM
we BOTH know I am gonna send someone for y'all to look at...I mean why even pretend that I am not...
Yayyyy ;D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.