[INTEREST CHECK] Trapped in a game type gig

Started by Lynnette, February 28, 2016, 05:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Quote from: Sain on February 29, 2016, 06:11:48 PM
Some kinda animal ears or elf.

That's still humanoid, non-humanoid would be an orc or something, animal ears or an elf should be fine.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

AndyZ

I once had a game idea where there was a race Fera which were pure furries, and Half-Fera ended up just having the ears, tail, and occasionally a few other such features.  Lynette, I toss that idea your way if it helps flesh out the world some.

Personally haven't really decided what I'll go for, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lynnette

Quote from: AndyZ on February 29, 2016, 06:21:17 PM
I once had a game idea where there was a race Fera which were pure furries, and Half-Fera ended up just having the ears, tail, and occasionally a few other such features.  Lynette, I toss that idea your way if it helps flesh out the world some.

Personally haven't really decided what I'll go for, though.

I'd rather set the bar somewhere, I know going full furry will turn people away. I'll say stop at nekomimi-grade animal-traits.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

SargentToughie

So we'd stop at 1 on the scale, then? I'm cool with that, since that's about where I draw the line too.

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Inari

I put that I was indifferent since I don't mind where we start. I also have no qualms with how furry we go. <3

Crash

No a big fan of Furries my self but as long as the game isn't overrun by them I don't mind what others play.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Yukina

Mysterica

I for one am generally most accepting of 1, but usually by about 3 I'm not interested anymore.

Moon Hound Hati

Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Sain

Ah right. I dunno why I wrote non-humanoid when I meant alternate humanoid... oh well

I was planning on
this
fluffy, which falls under 1 so should be no problem.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lynnette

The limit will be at 1, so no worries there :P

I'll probably be looking at typing up the game this upcoming weekend, and figuring out a lot of details up until that point ^_^
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lynnette

Changed up the poll. Result from the poll - Overwhelming numbers on indifference/newbies, so I'll be sticking with newbies, which stole a massive 53% of the votes.

Next up is the topic of classes

I'm personally not too tempted, primarily because of the workload it'll lead to. It'll take time to get it ready, and it likely still won't be very balanced.

The alternative is that classes are written up by the players through a small form I'll set up, and I'll include them as we go. This gives a lot of flexibility, and gives me the room to alter them. If this is what you want, then vote "No" in the poll. It's definitely my preferred option.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Inari

I voted for classes because I think it would clear up what is acceptable for the game.

Idlewyld

I don't want to put too much work on you Lynn, so I'll vote for the second option, but that being said, I think your best option is just to take the RPG of your choice and list the classes from that. Why reinvent the wheel?

Lynnette

Quote from: Idlewyld on March 01, 2016, 06:34:54 PM
I don't want to put too much work on you Lynn, so I'll vote for the second option, but that being said, I think your best option is just to take the RPG of your choice and list the classes from that. Why reinvent the wheel?

I considered it, but decided against it on the ground that I felt it'd be significantly less mine if I just took someone else's solution, which is why I'm applying it as I am. I'm considering some possibilities though, I might swap it out for the advantage of a guild-based job-system instead, so players can re-class later down the road, but will of course need to rebuild themselves in their new class. Character level would remain, but job-related levels would be stripped and they would be back to basics on a lot of fronts, though with a good party, it's usually not a problem to build yourself up again, not that it'd be advisable for players to switch classes around too much, it's just an option to consider.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

Personally I think classes should be handled as 'Beginner' classes and advance classes after certain level transitioning.

Core starter classes

Thief
Archer
Fighter
Adept
Cleric
Pugilist

Advance Classes

Trickster / Assassin
? / ?
Warrior / ?
Mage / Sorcerer / Whatever
Priest / ?
Monk / ?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Moon Hound Hati

In my opinion, if we're going with core and advanced classes, it could be even more simplified.

Core starter classes

• Warrior
  • Rogue
  • Mage

Advanced classes mainly fall under their core starter class when it comes to most of the basics, but can have some influences from one of the other two core classes. An example could be a Dark Knight, which is still warrior class, but has some influences from the mage archetype in its kit.

Example advanced classes

• Berserker (DPS focused warrior)
  • Templar (Sword or mace and shield tank warrior who can use light magic to buff/shield himself and allies)
  • Priest (Healer advanced class who specializes in healing strong magic with perhaps one or two light magic spells that can be used offensively)
  • Wizard (DPS mage)
  • Necromancer (Mage class that summons temporary minions from defeated enemy corpses and casts dark magic. Could be a melee class with scythe?)
  • Archer (Bow wielding rogue class)
  • Thief (Nimble dagger wielding rogue class)
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Inari

In my experience, most basic MMOs start off with:

Warrior
Rouge
Mage

Next they branch off into:

Warrior > Paladin/Berserker/Vanguard

Rouge> Assassin/Bard/Ranger/Theif

Mage> Elemental/Dark Arts/Healer+Buff support

There are lots of different choices for reference:

http://elwiki.net/
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Jobs

The three I usually reference to when it comes to medieval type things.

Crash

I think we are over thinking this.  As long as someone doesn't pick something outside the norm for a MMORPG it should be fine coming up with a limit on powers and go from there.  You are asking a lot of the GM to come up with and track character classes and power progression.

I am fine going with whatever Lynnette wants.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Inari

I think we are a little. Maybe if someone wants to put in the work to get some of the finer details in they can otherwise I think it should just be a case by case bases. :3

Lynnette

I mean, we could do a combo. Some basic starter classes, branching into more freely picked secondary specializations that I'll write up a couple of (When we approach the more appropriate time anyways, I won't bother doing it right away) the branching classes and then whatever holes there are, players can fill in.

As of now, I know at least four things I'd like in the bunch.

Warrior - More spongy, armor based, able to use shields efficiently and learn shield skills, very versatile
Rouge - Low HP, great burst damage potential, but low DPS, so not good for crowd control. Would be able to use one or multiple light blades, thrown weapons, and bows/crossbows.
Sorcerer - Offensive magic class. Would start out with two spells of the player's picking, would likely fall into elemental categories.
Cleric - Healing class. Low HP, would start out with a single healing spell and are able to use a one-handed weapon, though in most cases, it'd be for self defense.

At a branching point, I'd assume it'd look something like this.
Warrior

Berserker - Significantly increased strength and health, based around heavy weapons, would be something of a crowd-control class, would have some self-buffing skills
Fencer - Single-weapon dexterity-based class. High single-target capability, primarily based around precision and hard-hitting armor-penetration-based attacks. No buff-skills
Knight - basic tank class. Crowd control and hit-absorption, agro-skills and whatnot.

Rouge
Assassin - Increased single-target potential and more efficient sneaking skills. Skills would revolve around hitting weak spots for massive damage, but the class would still be very weak to opponent attacks, and would lose its ability to use bows/crossbows, but would still be able to use throwing weapons. Self-buffing in the form of stealth-skills, and would have crippling debuffs
Sniper - Pure archery-based class, would get a significant damage-up for ranged combat, but would lose most of its stealth-skills, with some exceptions. Would likely have a small self-defense weapon, but nothing grand.
Hunter - Something of a mix of the prior ones, maintaining good stealth capabilities, and staying able to use just about any weapon in the game. Would be more consistent DPS-based than the two prior.
Thief - Less powerful than the assassin, but would have passive loot-based abilities that would increase things like gold find, making it a valuable asset despite being more or less a continuation of the rouge class.

Sorcerer
Elementalist - Increased elemental damage, debuff chance with elemental spells in the form of causing per example burning effects, and decreased mana-cost for elemental spells.
White mage - Healing and team-buffs, significantly increased mana pool, would have some offensive spells as well, though not as many as other alternative mage classes.
Black mage - Would branch away from Elemental spells for other alternatives, most of which easily cause debuffs, but have decreased accuracy, a good asset for tougher battles, but fall shorter than the other alternatives for extended, multi-enemy fights.
Red mage - Most versatile, the jack of all trades of the mage classes. Can learn just about anything, but suffers from a smaller mana-pool and somewhat decreased potential with all types of spells, but can on the plus side be used for just about anything, provided mana-management is done well.

Cleric
White mage - See above
Some buff-based class - Don't have a name for it, but would be the main buffer of the group. Specializes in party-buffs, and has a good mana-pool to take from and fair cooldowns, but the spells take time and leaves the mage vulnerable.
Saboteur - Heavy group debuff class, would be based around debuffing enemy parties. Not so good for boss battles, but can make hunting for loot in tough areas a breeze if combined with the correct other classes.

Do note those were just some examples, and not necessarily an accurate representation of a finished product, plus, there would be the room to add more under-classes. Some would likely be approachable from several initial classes, such as the white mage.

A bit about how gameplay would work (As I have it in my head right now anyways)

About HP: HP is explained through blood. There is no clean-cut health gauge. When you take a hit, you bleed. Blood loss will cause you a number of issues, but won't instantly kill you unless the hit is at a vital spot. Bleeding can be stopped with cure-spells that healing-classes possess, but it won't compensate for blood loss, so even if your cuts have been patched up, you'll still experience the fatigue from blood loss if you've lost a lot of it, but you won't die from it.

About mana and magic: Mana is required to use all spells, as well as that, spells have varying cool down times. Most offensive-based classes will have short cooldowns, while classes primarily focused around other skills such as healing will have longer offensive-magic cooldowns. When a mage is out of mana, he/she will not be able to practice magic. Mana regeneration can be increased through some means, but it is not viable to start messing around with it mid-battle. If a spell is attempted while it is still on cooldown, the mana will be taken, but nothing will happen, making it an absolute necessity to learn how long you have to wait before re-casting spells.

About eating and carrying capacity: All players are required to eat, drink, and rest like they would in the real world. A player will die if they go three days without water, and will notice significant debuffs if the character goes thirsty for an extended period of time. He/she can also go three weeks without food, but will experience extreme fatigue and other debuffs as the hunger prolongs. As far as weight handing goes, all characters are issued one bottomless bag in the beginning of the game. Contrary to the name, the bag is not actually bottomless, but can hold a significant amount of smaller items such as food, water, and healing items, just to name a few. For bigger items, characters should get a bottomless backpack, which can hold a lot of larger items with little trouble, and the weight of the items is decreased by five, making more heavy carries a lot easier. A character can alternatively rent a beast of burden for the day. The BoB will carry items for the player and stay out of fights, and will automatically pick up valuables and add them to its stash. If its satchels are filled, it'll teleport back to the player bank and deposit the items before returning about five minutes later, a valuable asset for longer trips, but they typically take a percentage price, so being decisive about what you give the BoB is key, since giving it a very valuable item to bring home could cost a lot more than throwing it in your bag.

Any questions or requested additions?
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Outlaw Fallen

*makes an appearance* gotta hang with mah people and show mah support! Bitchez gotta know!
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

LeSane

After reading everything I feel confident enough to throw my interest in this.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'