News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mulholland High [Complete]

Started by Valerian, November 27, 2009, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomsday

Doomsday was always so late to arrive. Yesterday, he had his own excuse: He hadn't finished his research paper, and it was much easier to fake a cold than it was to bullshit an extension from your teacher. He had found out through the grapevine that Tom had died... It was shocking, knowing someone you had gone to school with yesterday was dead today, but he didn't know the guy personally. He expected to see a lot of crying, a lot of sad friends tomorrow, but he wouldn't be one of the grievers. He would be more... Uneasy, knowing that Tom had probably been murdered, and that a murderer was among them.

The next morning he was late again. Sinera usually texted him as a sort of wake-up call; He couldn't depend on his own alarm clock to wake him up. It was already past 9 AM when he finally did roll over to see the red digits, and he wondered why Sinera hadn't called. He growled his annoyance and took a quick shower before dashing off to school.

He was met with an eerie silence from his fellow schoolmates, and his heart immediately sunk. "Where's..." He was going to say, but there was a buzzing in his pocket, and he flipped open his phone. Someone had texted him the grim news, but he had been neglecting his phone.

'yo Sin's dead man where u at?! everone thinks it's u!!!'

He was... Speechless. "Look, I didn't do this guys. She was one of my friends." He looked around... He couldn't say who would do such a horrible thing, but he was getting a creeper vibe from Amberghylles.

Valerian

Current voting (Lynch):

Amberghylles (4) - Remiel, Xandi, Doomsday, Marguerite
Xandi (3) - Ryven, Izu, Kip
Doomsday (2) - LadySky, Mith
Remiel (2) - Amberghylles, Elandra
Izu (1) - Kurzyk
Marguerite (1) - Ket
Mithlomwen (0)
Elandra (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Ryven (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)

There are 3 Pod People (possibly 4), 1 Brood Alien, 1 Hall Monitor, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 6 Students.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kip

Kip could not help but look at everyone suspiciously as they came into the room... who had been killing off his school friends.  Surely it could be none of them but... it had to be.  He wracked his brain trying to think of people who could have had it in for Sinera but couldn't think of anything she had done that would end this way.  In the end, he let himself be swayed by the voices of his friends and sided with Ryven and Izu.

"I think Xandi must have been to blame for what happened to poor Sin."

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Ket

Mourning clothes, mourning clothes, she was too young to own mourning clothes! Kids her age weren't supposed to die, let alone be brutally murdered. And then, two in as many days! How was she supposed to dress for this?  After rushing to the mall at the last minute the night before, Ket found the perfect black dress, not too showy, just subtle enough. Add in demure, yet eye catching, black pumps, minimalist make-up (so it wasn't running down her face while she cried and dabbed tissues of course) and she was set. Now to just make her fashionably late appearance looking quite the part of the sad, grieving class mate.

Stepping into some sort of revolt, Ket quickly realized what was going on. So, the students had decided to take things into their own hands. Great, what if they picked her? They wouldn't pick her, they just couldn't! She'd never done anything to them, besides throw fantastic parties. Please, she was all about inviting as many people as possible, so she sure wouldn't go around killing other students off!

"You know," she started, running one hand along her pinned up hair-do to make sure it was still smooth, "normally it's the quiet ones, you know like those crazy kids who shoot up their whole schools. I bet Marguerite has gone a little nutso."
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Marguerite

Laughing, Marguerite had been in detention for doing a few things but not murder. "Sorry, my vote is for Amber and I need to get back to detention before the teacher wakes up."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Autumn52

When Kip voted for her, Xandi gasp and said, "OK why are all the really hot guys voting for me? I have just been looking for someone to do my homework for me, that is it. I don't know about how or why this other stuff has been going on."

Xandi realized she just admitted in front of the class that she did not do her own homework, so she said, "UH.... you did not just hear that....about the homework, unless you want to help me out."

She jumped up embarrassed, and went looking for LadySky. Everyone knew her famous "team Jacob" water bottle had more in it than water, and right now Xandi needed a smoke and a drink.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Amberghylles

As more votes add up against him he shakes his head and backs away from the crowd.  "Me?  Why would I call for us to do something if I was the one killing people?  I'd just have stayed quiet and let the authorities mishandle things.  It's too soon to know who did it..."

But he sees the look, his cries for action have not only been heard they're going to get someone killed and only luck would mean the right someone.

"It wasn't me!  I don't know who it was but I'm changing my vote to Xandi.  I don't know if it was her or not honestly but I don't wanna die for something I didn't do!"

Elandra

For better or worse she had thrown her hat in with Amberghylles, her luck he was one of the creatures that had been stalking the students, but she had to trust someone, right? Not wanting him to be the one to be taken out by the other students, she reluctantly went with his decision to vote out Xandi.

She still believed wholeheartedly that the jock was beyond guilty, his narcissism alone was enough to convince her of that, but he would get his soon enough.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Valerian

Final voting (Lynch):

Xandi (5) - Ryven, Izu, Kip, Amberghylles, Elandra
Amberghylles (4) - Remiel, Xandi, Doomsday, Marguerite
Doomsday (2) - LadySky, Mith
Izu (1) - Kurzyk
Marguerite (1) - Ket
Remiel (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
Elandra (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Ryven (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)

In a sudden, startling reversal, it was Xandi that was doomed.  Whatever drink she got from LadySky was to be her last -- before she quite knew what was happening, she was being sacrificed for the good of the school, the climbing rope in the gymnasium being turned into a makeshift noose.

Alas, it was all for nothing.  Xandi was an innocent Student, and the killers were still free.

• Amberghylles
  • Doomsday
  • Elandra
  • Izu
  • Ket
  • Kip
  • Kurzyk
  • LadySky
  • Marguerite
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • sinera Student, killed by Pod People
  • Xandi Student, lynched

There are 3 Pod People (possibly 4), 1 Brood Alien, 1 Hall Monitor, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 6 Students.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven leaned against the gymnasium wall, slurping on an Icee he grabbed from the cafeteria.  The spectacle was interesting, and it became even more so when Xandi was found to be nothing more than a fellow student.

Oops.  How was he supposed to know?  He was a sophomore.  Ryven left to go find Kip or Izu and perhaps hang out after class.

Amberghylles

Amberghylles inched back from the crowd and shook his head sadly.  He looked around for Elandra and moved closer.  "Thank you... You saved my life there... But we're not safe.  Not until the real monsters are found."

He shivered as he turned to look up at the poor dead student and rubbed his neck.  He'd come so close to being the one strung up.

"I swear... I am just as innocent as she was."

Elandra

She had suspected the girl was innocent but the other student’s had believed her and Amberghylles guilty and she had thrown her support to the loner, perhaps because in his own way she and he were much alike. She had pulled away from the crowd, had watched from a far corner and when they had learned of Xandi’s innocence she had turned in disgust.

When he had approached her, she smiled somberly, “your welcome, I might be wrong in trusting you but I don’t go back on my word ever. I agree with you, we are all in danger and must destroy those that have taken over our school, but how?”

Mithlomwen

Mith sagged against the wall upon seeing that Xandi had been a student.  Yet another innocent life lost.   Her hands came up to her temples and rubbed them wearily, sliding down the wall slowly until her butt reached the floor.  "So now what?"  She asked looking up at everyone not sure what their next step should be. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Izu

Izu was sitting in the cafeteria, sipping on some hot chocolate while reading from one of his textbooks. He looked up only when he heard some passing students talking about how they had just killed an innocent student and not some of the killers.
"Hey, who's dead?" Izu called, causing the two to stop and look at him. "Xandi." They replied shortly before continuing, looking over their shoulders at Izu.

Xandi was dead? But... he had voted for her... then... he was a reason for her death... He felt how a lump formed in his throat, causing him to gasp for air as his eyes filled with tears.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Valerian

Awful as Xandi's death was, there was more terrible news waiting for the little group of students the next morning.  Overnight, they had lost Marguerite to the aliens -- and worst of all was the fact that she had been no ordinary student, but the Hall Monitor.  The innocents were that tiny bit more helpless against the pod people, and it would be even harder for any of them to relax.

• Amberghylles
  • Doomsday
  • Elandra
  • Izu
  • Ket
  • Kip
  • Kurzyk
  • LadySky
  • Marguerite Hall Monitor, killed by Pod People
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • sinera Student, killed by Pod People
  • Xandi Student, lynched

There are 3 Pod People (possibly 4), 1 Brood Alien, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 5 Students.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kurzyk

Kurzyk leaned against the mirror in the boys bathroom shaking. A long stream of cigarette smoke blew from his mouth in an effort to bring comfort but there was none. Outside were shrieks and running. The kids were noticeably upset as chaos wrought havok on the hallway.

Xandi...  he thought and now he'd heard someone screaming that Marguerite our hall monitor, had been found... He shivered and puffed again, this time reaching into his jacket pocket. His fingers clasped a silver flask...

And they still hadn't unlocked the school doors with an escape plan. Where were the police?

He wondered if Mikey had gotten out or was even ok.

Pulling out the small bottle he popped open the lid and with shaking hands took a sip. Warm spirits soothed his throat and mind as his eyes closed. It was going to be ok. They were going to be ok. Like a mantra he chanted it to himself and thought about his bike and the gorgeous legs of an unknown woman bent over the seat.

They needed a plan.. some way of taking care of this chaos. He thought of the others, and Mith the cute goth class president. Surely she'd know what to do. He had to find them, brave the danger...

With one last sip he tucked the flask back in his pocket, flung the cig into a toilet and stepped out into the hallway.

Ryven

Walks into school to hear the news of another student become victim to the pod people's evil plot.  Not only that, Marg was the hall monitor!  At least now he could slip out of class early without having to forge some sort of note from the teacher.  On the flip side, there would be no one to watch over them now.

Marg and Xandi suspected Amber, so that is where Ryven put his vote.

Mithlomwen

Mith sat at her desk with her head in her hands, shaking it back and forth slowly.  Another student was dead.  The Hall Monitor no less!   Who was going to be next? 

She lifted her head and glanced around her warily, wondering who amongst them would be capable of killing....and killing that many.  But as scared as she was, she had to suck it up and try to help figure this out.  "Ok."  She said rubbing her face tiredly with her hands.  "We have to stop them before they kill any more of us."  Her mind tried to piece together the different events leading up to each killing and who might be responsible for them. 
Baby, it's all I know,

LadySky

LadySky sat staring into space, unable to fully comprehend the terrible events of the passed few days. She had no real clue as to who she should vote for so she whispered the name Doomsday once more.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Current voting (Lynch):

Amberghylles (1) - Ryven
Doomsday (1) - LadySky
Izu (0)
Remiel (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
Elandra (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Ryven (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)

Yet to vote: Amberghylles, Doomsday, Elandra, Izu, Ket, Kip, Kurzyk, Mith, Remiel

There are 3 Pod People (possibly 4), 1 Brood Alien, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 5 Students.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced around, taking note that Doomsday was suspiciously absent once more....just as he'd been the other times someone had been killed.   She wondered if LadySky possibly knew something she didn't, so without any hesitation put in her vote for him. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Remiel

"STOP KILLING OFF THE HOT CHICKS!" thundered Remiel.  "I don't know who's doing it, but knock it off!  It's going to be a total sausage fest around here if this keeps up!"

Angrily, he looked around the room.  Being a jock, he wasn't used to using the muscle between his ears, but this was a matter of survival, and necessity was forcing him to think thoughts he hadn't ever thunk before.   "No, that's too obvious," he responded, in response to Ryven's logic.  "The real aliens wouldn't do something that obvious.   I thought the freak was guilty," he said, referring to Amberghylles, "but now I just don't know, man.  I think he's actually startin' to make sense.  I think someone else is behind this.  Someone like...Elandra."

Remiel

Another thought he hadn't ever...thunk before occured to him, and he started counting on his fingers.  He stared off into space for a few minutes, and after what seemed like an eternity, appeared to reach a conclusion. 

"Um, guys..." he murmured.  "We've got to get this right.  By my fingers I count 3 pod people, 1 brood alien, with probably 1 more pod person due to the alien's infection...that makes five aliens.  There are only 11 of us, so that makes..."  he frowned, tongue hanging out of his mouth, as he counted on his fingers again.  "Six of us students.  If we guess wrong, they'll take one of us out during the night, and then there will be more of them than us.  And that's totally retarded."

He stuck his hands in the pockets of his Letterman jacket, and kicked a trash can.  "So, like, I hope you guys know what you're doing."

Elandra

Saddened by the loss of the hall monitor, she looked around at her fellow students, knowing that some of them were the enemy, some of them hid there true purpose, some of them were alien in disguise. She listened as the accusations flew about and then when she heard her name called out by Remiel she was not surprised.

"If you want to get to right then you better change your vote, Remiel, because I assure you I am no alien. You would be making a grave error if you succeed in convincing the others I should hang, one that would seal your doom the very moment my innocence was revealed. Perhaps we should look to the more quieter of the student body?"

Remiel

Remiel thunk, and thunk, and thunk some more.  He had to admit that Elandra had a point.   

And he had been wrong before, after all.

"Who do you think?" he asked Elandra, quietly.  "Ket, perhaps?  Or Izu?"